Friday, October 26, 2007

Funniest Staff Ever

You are not going to believe that I was just in the main Living Proof suite (my office is in a different part of the building) and noticed one by one that each of my coworkers had something white in the left corner of their mouths. When I saw the first one, I honestly - and blondely - thought to myself, "Well, now Kimberly has spittle. I am going to have to go whisper in Sabrina's ear and tell her to go look at it. It must be easier to develop than I thought. I wonder if she has post nasal drip this morning. She sounded a little clogged earlier on the phone."

Then by the time I saw a few others, I knew. THEN, they all gathered around me in full spittle with the funniest looking expressions I've ever seen in my life. I nearly did what women nearly do when they're that tickled. They were willingly fellowshipping in my humiliation. How could you not love a group like that??? It put me totally over the edge to see Linda, our accountant, fully spittled. Not only is she decidedly less sanguine than several of us and lovingly thinks we're mostly certifiable, she also is in the middle of our annual voluntary audit with CPAs crawling all over the office. I've never loved her more. I've never loved any of them more. They simply said, "We go through what you go through."

Turns out it was white cake icing. They keep licking the sides of their mouths now. I wish I'd thought to do that.

115 Comments:

At October 26, 2007 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

What can i say.....poeple just love you! i would have loved to see that and see your reaction when you saw them! your wonderful Beth!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a *great* story of sisterhood. :)

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's Amanda with that camera!!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:14 PM , Blogger Bobbie said...

Ya gotta love 'em!! I see why you and your staff are such a happy bunch! I can imagine that when someone drives by your building, it's smiling with lots of rumblings from all the laughter! Through all the hard work and many hours you all put forth to bring us God's blessings, you have a joyful time!

Our God is an Awesome God...
Thanks for sharing!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

that's true love,gurrrrl

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is way too funny!!!!! I love it, love it!!! Funny, I looked in the mirror before leaving to take my DD to school and I checked the corner of my mouth for spittle. LOL Never thought of it before! LOL Thanks, I now have something else to be concerned about.. JK! Love ya and your staff!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Fabulous Friday with Friends!

I love people who love Jesus like that :)

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my lanta Beth! You are such a blessing...with tears in my eyes from the laughter...thank you for showing me how to love and worship our sweet father. You are such a gift to us women of faith! Have a blessed and fantatic weekend!!!! Hmmm, cake icing sure sounds good this morning. Amen.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:26 PM , Blogger ocean mommy said...

Now those are the type of Siesta's every girl needs!!!

blessings!
steph.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Fran said...

Would yall make a video for Youtube and just do all this crazy stuff so we can be there with you??
That is just too much fun!!!

We love every bit of every one of ya'll. Spittle and icing and all.

Love you!
Fran

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:31 PM , Blogger Hartman Family said...

That's so sweet...what a special group of ladies God has given you!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Monica Chadwell said...

I can't tell you how I needed this laugh!! Beth, you always look and sound fabulous. There's no way that a little spittle can reduce your charm. :)

My ladies group is studying your revised 'A Woman's Heart' study and we always look forward to seeing what you'll wear, as well as hang on every word of your precious teaching. Thank you, SO MUCH, for helping us grow ever closer to our precious Father.

Isn't His gift of laughter a wonderful treat? God is Good!!

Your Sister in Christ - Monica

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

That's GREAT! I just love that story.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Leanne said...

What an absolute riot....you must have so much fun at work!!! Praise the Lord for things to laugh at!!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Hadassah said...

What a group they must be! You know you have the "beloved and longed-for brethren" that are mentioned in Philippians 4:1 when you can laugh together like that. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall! I will sure feel like I am "in the know" when the Esther series is released!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Beth and Staff,

Thank you so much for sharing your "realness" with us. It gave me a good chuckle just when I needed one. I have emailed my Sunday school teacher and promised to tell her if she ever has spittle. Ha Ha! We are in the 9th week of Daniel in our Sunday evening Bible study and I can't begin to tell you how much I am learning and being stretched. My 6th grade daughter is about to study the Grecian and Roman empires and I can't wait to show her in God's Word how He foretold all that would happen. I wouldn't have known before. Thanks so much for your hard work and letting God use you.
Love in Christ,
One of your Raleigh girls

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:49 PM , Blogger HIS Child said...

Beth,
You are making me smile with Joy. What a blessing it is to have true siestas in this journey of serving HIM.
They are funny and they love you like crazy, and in turn I know that you feel the same way about them.
Thank you for sharing those embarrasing moments, and reminding us that we are so human.
I love being able to remotely be a part of LPM. You ladies truly bless my heart and bring me smiles. Have a wonderful weekend.
In HIS Powerful Love,
Celeste

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

What a fun office!! If I wasnt a stay at home mom, I would want to come hang out and play with you guys...especially if white frosting (or any chocolate)is regularly involved! You are blessed to be surrounded by such a neat group of women. We are blessed to have you as a spiritual mom..if I can call you that??!! Have a great spittle-free day! :)

 
At October 26, 2007 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Big Mama said...

There is no greater expression of love than white icing posing as spittle.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

They are too clever! Thanks for the laugh over that. I've still been laughing from the previous post - with you, not at you, of course! Have a great Friday!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Mom of Eleven said...

Too funny. I had a teacher in high school that always had spittle on his mouth. Years later, my husband and I laughed and laughed because he went to my high school too and he noticed this same FACT about the same teacher. We didn't date at the time, but both noticed the very same teacher obviously had a regular problem with spittle. I am sure Mrs. Beth yours was just a one time thing!!!

Thanks for the laugh.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:11 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

just shows how much they love you... you should have taken a pic to post for us!! We are all laughing WITH you.....love you tons!!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:22 PM , Blogger Vicki Courtney said...

Now, that just takes the cake...or the spittle...or whatever.

And thank you for that little surprise comment to my follow up post on embarrassing speaker moments. What's funny is that I knew it was you after reading the first sentence and read the rest of it in your cute little Texas twang. I guess we must carry our twang over into our writing!

Love ya gal!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:24 PM , Blogger Darlene R. said...

I LOVE this! Humor at work is SO necessary.

This cracked me up--

I nearly did what women nearly do when they're that tickled.

My best friend and I were just talking about this issue last night!
Isn't it fun to be a lover of laughter?

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

After attending your session at Women of Faith in Denver I would venture to say that Asher-hood is the best part of having siestas! Happy must drip off the walls at Living Proof Live!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:27 PM , Blogger holly said...

Beth!
I am so glad you have such an amazing and wonderful staff! God bless you and God bless them! And to think He still loves us even when we have spittle!
Love,
Holly, Ga...soon to be NM

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Beth, this is my first time posting, and I find it intriguing that I'm responding to spittle. I here to give a warning. Recently, I was at a conference and the founder was being honored and it was his birthday. He received a real, live camel. My friend was laughing so hard and explained that years ago she sat behind him in the choir loft as he spoke. It was quite noticeable that he had the gift of spittle. Be encouraged - there is spittle and there is projectile spittle. At least, you weren't sharing it with the Bible study ladies, and hopefully there won't be a camel in your future. And hopefully, the next time I blog, it will be on a more profound note.
much love & laughter
Tammy

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:28 PM , Blogger Hillary said...

That's hilarious! What a fun group to work with! You're blessed...but you already know that! :)

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What FUN!!! I wish I had been a fly on the wall. Isn't siestahood great! I just finished reading the original "spittle" blog and then this came up! Too funny - my sides are hurting. What's the saying .. "laughter doeth the body good"
bebe

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:35 PM , Blogger jenc said...

That is too funny! Last weekend our church did "Loving Well" and I am picturing you surrounded today by your"joys" with their "spittle" and all of you laughing up a storm!(I hope you were in a good mood today or else those girls may have been your "testies", know what I mean?!) Thanks for the laugh and keep those stories coming! Have a great weekend!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Shawna said...

Who says Christians never have any fun! God is the Creator of humor! Praise Him!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

I love it... love it.. love it

 
At October 26, 2007 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your staff really bless one another.

We are still laughing over the spittle, I sent your blog message to my relatives and friends who preach/teach.

Did you check the fine print on the throat spray?

May you have some wonderful R & R with our Lord this weekend.

Annette

 
At October 26, 2007 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

That is so neat!! What a blessing to have such a staff (of course you knew that before!) And yes, where is sweet AJ to let us all know how it looked? If I had white icing, I'd take a picture of myself to share in it too.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

On my word, that is hilarious! I am visiting my grandmother this weekend and she gets spittle and us granddaughters always tell her when she does. I read her your spittle story this morning. I am going to have to read this one to her now. What great fun it is to have siestas fellowship in humiliation with us! Haha! I love it and I love you, Beth...even with your spittle! :)

 
At October 26, 2007 at 2:29 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

Well Sistah Beth, They just love you and this is great sisterhood happening.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures! We need pictures!!

Bless you and those girls and their white cake icing spittle!!

Dori

 
At October 26, 2007 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Melana said...

Oh my heavens!! I hope someone had a camera. You're so cute how you innocently thought it was a real spittle problem. How do you get back to work after something like that? I could barely stop laughing after all the blogs from the last few days. I mean if it's right there in my face (pardon the pun) I just don't think I could concentrate.

Melana in Wyoming

 
At October 26, 2007 at 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my second ab workout of the week!!! Be blessed today...

 
At October 26, 2007 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Would someone please set up a webcam there in your offices so we could see all the shenanigans that goes on there during the day? It sounds like such a fun place to work! You are truly blessed to be surrounded each day by such a wonderful, fun, God-loving group of women.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 3:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! that is hysterical!
I am SO glad that God has blessed you with a group that can make you laugh! As the old saying goes...A staff that laughs together stays together!

((((HUGS)))) to you all!!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 3:05 PM , Blogger ~Robyn~ said...

That is great!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 3:10 PM , Blogger Theresa said...

Thanks for the laugh. What a wonderful set of friends!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 3:20 PM , Blogger cindy said...

I also had a high school English teacher who had perpetual spittle. Unfortunately he also had two artificial front teeth that he would pop in and out occasionally just to gross us out! Always something to be thankful for, right?!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Oh how I am rolling after reading the last two posts you have made.

Spittle! hee hee - What a wonderful sense of humor ya'll have!

When you mentioned "not the nose" in the earlier post I really hee hawed. We call those "hanging chads" "Check the hanging chad" is code for us! Ha Ha!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Sheri Lyn said...

Oh how I love me a good laugh!! Thank you - all of you, LPM's! I'm glad I'm not the only one that can laugh so hard that I almost embarass myself - ya know? - thanks to all of those precious babies some of us will never be the same again (heehee). I still love to laugh THAT hard - it is good for our hearts, minds and bodies :)

Thank you, Beth, for always sharing some of your deepest and lightest moments. What a good siesta you are.

Blessings upon blessings to all!!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love it! So glad they are that committed to you and your ministry!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 3:43 PM , Blogger jennyhope said...

that is hysterical! I hope the icing was buttercream spittle! LOL!!!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 3:56 PM , Blogger Snappy Casual Snippets said...

you really have a fun loving staff. What great people to work with.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 4:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

a good friend makes life so much easier!

lovin life in Him!
lisa

 
At October 26, 2007 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Kara Akins said...

Got milk? I mean spittle?

 
At October 26, 2007 at 4:42 PM , Blogger GodIsHuge said...

It is so great to hear how much fun a group of women can have together! Bless you all.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 4:53 PM , Blogger bethy said...

my mom used to teach middle school. she had an addiction to velamints. remember velamints? she had spittle all the time from the velamints. my poor mom, middle schoolers were not as nice as your people. :)

 
At October 26, 2007 at 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I would love to help out there, you are truley blessed.Thanks for shareing this.If anyone goes see the List let me know because its good but strange but I do think I know what it is all about.Beth yoiu are so down to earth but so very specail & have a specail gift & love God so much.Some day I will get a hug hear or in heaven, God bless love sister in Christ Victoria ps thats just lol day

 
At October 26, 2007 at 5:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to work at LPM SOOOO bad!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 5:39 PM , Blogger God's girl said...

I am so glad God has placed these wonderful women who show you love! It is a precious gift from Him.

Much love,
Angela

 
At October 26, 2007 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Chelle' said...

It doesn't get any more GENUINE than that. Thanks for sharing the honest moments of your life with us especially when they are HYSTERICAL!!!

God Bless You Beth.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 6:05 PM , Blogger Patty said...

That is priceless! I have met Diane, Susan and Jen before and I just love these women! They are as funny as you!! Too bad you didn't get pictures, you could have put that in your Esther study!!

Have a blessed weekend.

P.S. If it comes to mind would you pray for me and my family this coming week as we are moving to Nashville and I say goodbye to the ladies I have taught for 4 years in Sunday School and I am leaving my best friend. Going to be a tough week but God is calling me to a new thing and I want to go!!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 6:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sweet...literally! Your office must be such a fun place to work!

 
At October 26, 2007 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Melissa Ens said...

oh my oh my oh my! The whole spittle incident is hilarious. I'm so glad you are so real. I was thinking about "celebrity" people today and how hard it must be for them to keep feeling normal when the rest of us don't think of them that way. But then, I read something like this and I realize that IF the ones close to them love them like this, they are probably ok. : )

 
At October 26, 2007 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Little Steps Of Faith said...

It could ALWAYS be worse...

Spittle, and something on your clothes...(like how make up loves to jump onto white clothing! Especially foundation!)

Have a good one:)

ang

 
At October 26, 2007 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Betsy said...

How funny! I truly wish I worked with your staff. It has to be an amazing bunch of women. Thanks for the *grin* for my Friday.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 7:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up. That's all there is to it. I pray that I can find a work environment as joyous as the one you have been blessed with. God bless and don't let the spittle get in the way.

 
At October 26, 2007 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Missy/Kaye said...

Now just wait until San Antonio, there will be so much spittle that it will be gross!!!
Love all you guys!
Missy

 
At October 26, 2007 at 9:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Journey Continues~

I wonder if Spittle is in the Medical dictionary?
HOSpittle!
I am finally learning how to accomplish my own blog name hope it works. WE LOVE YOU YOUR STAFF, FAMILY AND THIS GREAT MINISTRY.
kimsafinathejourneycontinues

 
At October 26, 2007 at 9:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPITTLE-such a great little cute word for something so---well-ya know----don't we wish they'd come up with cute words for everything like ===she's got"the loved by her babies look"-instead of "left over prego belly" --why don't we all decide to attach cute words to these things... Speaking from experience here on the belly BTW:)--your reactions are always such a great example and joy to me Beth-thanks SHELL

 
At October 26, 2007 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Stephanie Kay said...

You know you are with good friends when they make you do this! - "I nearly did what women nearly do when they're that tickled."

 
At October 26, 2007 at 9:58 PM , Blogger annette said...

just sharing in the suffering...I bet they're glad you have a good sense of humor. Self-depracating, perhaps but darn good! Still smiling, Annette

 
At October 26, 2007 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Tina Vega said...

Oh, do I love hearing your stories! I have laughed more in the last two days than I usually do in a week. Thank you so much for making me both laugh and cry!

Blessings from Minnesota...

 
At October 26, 2007 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

isn't it just great to be loved

 
At October 26, 2007 at 11:34 PM , Blogger salty sister said...

wouldn't mind a pic of that!

lol

 
At October 27, 2007 at 1:29 AM , Blogger Jackie Sue said...

perfect...just perfect!

 
At October 27, 2007 at 7:23 AM , Blogger NikkiPoppins said...

Thats great!! There is nothing better than girlfriends who go through life with you. Soo wish that you had a camera there for it! T'would have been awesome to see you all bonding together through "Spittle"!!
Love you Mama B!!
Have a great weekend!!
Nikki

 
At October 27, 2007 at 8:08 AM , Blogger mburkum said...

Oh, my! What fun! How humbling! As a middle school classroom teacher, there have been many humbling experiences. Blessedly, most 6th graders are quick to laugh with you and quick to forget...talk about life lessons. :)

I've been away from this blog for awhile because of Internet problems at home, but today I decided to bring my husband's laptop (after stealing it away while he sleeps) to the HyVee grocery store cafe (mmmmm....bisuits and gravy) to take advantage of the free wi-fi...so, I know I look a mess with all the older generation here this early on a Saturday morning...laughing, crying, audibly talking to the blog before realizing where I am and then doing it again a few moments later.

Anyway, truly fun, truly a blessing today. What a Father we have who has passed along such a wonderful sense of humor and fun to us.

Much love to all,

Marcy

 
At October 27, 2007 at 8:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know each and every one in that office and I can tell you truthfully there is not a more loving "bunch" in all the world. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall to see this "action". Ya'll are truly the best in all the world.

 
At October 27, 2007 at 8:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, guess what I did this week! I tease my friends ALL THE TIME. And on Monday I called a friend of mine, who is that kindergarten teacher I told you about, a WEIRDO IN FRONT of her kinders. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!! (I did apologize to her for that, although she hadn't picked up on it until I did apologize. Funny! Both of us are blond. That's a scary combo.) Anyways I found out the very next day that one of those kinders called another child a WEIRDO! GREAT! I need another color of hair, don't ya think!

love ya "spittle siesta",
Kristi

 
At October 27, 2007 at 9:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

And this is why we LOVE them. God bless them for "feeling your pain" and sharing in your joy! What a great team. And a fun story. Blessings.

 
At October 27, 2007 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friends are simply delightful!!

Ramona

 
At October 27, 2007 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

what an adorable sight to see...that they would play with you like that is precious...so grateful to God He has given you faithful friends on this journey you walk...this morning I read Deut. 33:12 and thought of you..."may you rest secure" in your loving Lord surrounded by your family and this staff... for it is your awesome God Who shields you all day long. You are the one the Lord loves and may you find Rest today between His Shoulders as we all stand on yours. God has so showed up in thousands and so many stand on your shoulders because of what you see and believe. May you rest in Him this week. And, thank you for the enormous price you pay...no one knows...it will be worth it all Someday, and more.

Signed: standing on your shoulders Beth (your teachings) to glimpse our God and find Him while you rest between His Strong Shoulders

 
At October 27, 2007 at 10:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny.Thanks for sharing with us. I laughed so hard. Thinking the whole time that is so like something that would happen to me.Also realizing that if that happened to me how tempted it would be to feel humiliation instead of laughing about it or being tempted to try to hide it hopeing no one noticed instead of sharing my humilation with others ,so I am free to laugh and they are invited to join in and laugh with me cause we are all just human. Spittle happens!In Christ we get to choose
to laugh ...choose joy. What joy you bring to us by being real; it makes it so much easier to get a grip on things and realize it isn't as bad as the enemy would have us believe. When we are real we give everyone around us permission to be real.When we laugh at our mishaps then they are free to laugh because they too know what that feels like and that they are not alone. Reading your blog made me realize what true freedom and wholeness looks like...it is real, it is authentic, it is joy ..no matter what the circumstance we have the choice to choose humiliation or laughter, defeat or opportunity etc . How blessed you are to have a staff who loves you and who you can laugh with. Sometimes it takes a little Spittle to teach us a really important lesson. Your blog taught me how much more fun it was to laugh and share ,and how to defeat the enemy when he reminds me I am but dust. God said to my heart"oh but you are also spirit and you are a overcomer.. so laugh in the enemies face." Thanks for the wake up call to quit taking myself so seriously and to lighten up laugh alittle. I choose Joy today. Love you Beth and Amanda.
You are so fun. Bless you.

 
At October 27, 2007 at 12:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great story of love and fellowship. In Jesus' Love Kathy Knoblock

 
At October 27, 2007 at 12:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the baby bibs that say "Spit Happens!" Maybe a customized one is in order that says "Spittle Happens!"???

Ms. Beth, your staff is literally the "icing on the cake", aren't they?!!!

Luv ya!

 
At October 27, 2007 at 1:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh, I'm a type I diabetic.
Sometimes I need something for low blood sugar.
I could keep icing on the corner of my mouth for such instances.
I guess chocolate wont work though?

 
At October 27, 2007 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Heather Anne said...

This is just so funny! What a wonderful staff you have to help you meet this embarassing circumstance in your public ministry with so much grace and dignity! Isn't it a blessing that it wasn't something worse? Life is so much richer when we laugh together! There's no point in taking ourselves to seriously - spittle happens!

I am loving 'A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place' on Wednesday nights with a small group of ladies who meet while our children are in AWANA. What a joy and a blessing! We are on week 6 and it has just been so thrilling! I didn't want to go last week - I was so tired, but as I wrote on my blog, I am so very glad that I did! Thank you so much!

 
At October 27, 2007 at 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Beth,

I came across something today that reminded me of your troubled red-bird. I myself am surrounded constantly by doves, they are incessant with me, upon one of the few hills here in Houston.

Did she ever get the message it wasn't about her? That God loves her, his boy loves her desperately, but that his boy must do what God says... and he is, nothing more nothing less...

I don't believe birds should ever be caged, but by that freedom, the freebirds cannot demand to be fed like cage birds. I mean really, who wants to feed another man's bird? Call me old-fashioned, but I just don't believe that is right, call me uptight but that is just not Biblical. Afterall, only a devil would seduce someone else's bird like that for 3 and 1/2 years!

Just thought I'd ask, because well with all these doves, I thought how nice a cardinal would be to feed, just one, but your right they can be quiet diffident dispite their beauty, I am sick without their beauty... and they remind me of my grandmother, and I miss her. The next red-bird I see, I will love beyond death, and promise to care for tenderly... only a lie/liar could led them to think otherwise.

Peace be with you and yours.
1 John 2:7
What a King!

 
At October 27, 2007 at 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a kick! Beth, we are so blessed to have sisterhood in the Lord. There are many things that we women are known for - but Praise God for our ability to come along side each other and bear each others burdens!! We (my girls and I) are certainly laughing with you on this one. They love you too! Life does have a way of keeping us humble!
Once one of my daughters when they were quite little they had decided to place one of their favorite stickers on me. We went out shopping, ran errands, had a full day and that evening found my husband chuckling. I asked what was so funny - and he pointed to my back side and asked if we had gone outside the house that day. Yep, you guessed it. Right there for all to see - a sticker declaring my cuteness!
love to you!
mk

 
At October 27, 2007 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Healed By His Grace said...

HILARIOUS! and wonderful, too. What a blessing for you to have such a loving staff!

Please allow me a question of all the younger siestas out there: I know about text messaging, but would someone be kind enough to give me a dictionary of some of the abbreviations, like LOL (does it mean lots of love or lots of laughs?), DD (I have no idea) and any others that are common, please??? I know I am showing my age, but I love reading your responses and would like to be able to translate them. Thanks a million!

Blessings to all!
Love,
An Older, But So Adorable, Siesta

 
At October 27, 2007 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Edwards Family said...

~~~I just heard thunder~~~

oh never mind, it is just our Holy Father rolling with laughter!!!


(((Living Proof Staff)))

*that is a virtual hug*!!

 
At October 27, 2007 at 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love your staff! How sweet to want to share in your suffering..LOL although i do think theirs was sweeter.

 
At October 27, 2007 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Fishing Without Worms said...

Oh Beth...Hilarious, Halarious, Hularious...however you spell it...you are sooooooo funny! I laughed so hard I cried, especially about Linda (who I imagine is more reserved)who is being audited...and went along with the group even though under pressure. That is Love!!!
Reading your blog keeps me healthy..."A merry heart does good like a medicine". Prov 17:22.
Mary Ann from Pittsburgh...when are you coming here?

 
At October 27, 2007 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

I would love to see a picture of them in "full spittle." That is too funny. When I was a waitress I used to jokingly tell all of the other waitress' that if I dropped a plate, they all had to drop a plate so that I wouldn't be embarressed by myself. I had said that for years. Finally, one day in the middle of one of the worst lunch rushes in history, I was carrying several plates up one arm when one of them shifted and hit the floor. It happened right in front of another waitress, who had plates up both of her arms. We made eye contact. She broke out in this huge grin and turned both arms over, dropping five or six plates in the floor. I couldn't believe she'd done it. We laughed about that for years. Lucky for us, my husband owned the restaurant. He couldn't fire me (or her since I instigated it). He would've had to divorce me and before we got married we signed a piece of paper saying that whoever left first had to take the kids with 'em : )

 
At October 27, 2007 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Kristib said...

What a great place to work! Who said you can't be a Christian and be down right silly?

By the way I think I recognize the post from Carolyn. I am facilitating the Daniel study she mentioned. We are having a great time! Can't wait for the Psalms of Ascent study to come out! I believe my group is ready to step it up! (or spit it up. lol!)

Love another Raleigh girl
Kristi B.

 
At October 27, 2007 at 8:04 PM , Blogger valerie said...

How funny! It's such a blessing for you to have such a wonderful staff.
I love all of the people I work with too. One time I was going to rent the movie "Les Miserables" to show a clip for our youth lesson. I told the two ladies in the office that I was going to rent (this is how I said it..) "Less Miserables" just like it sounds. :)
They laughed so hard and I was so embarrassed b/c I had called the movie rental place and asked if they had that on video. They have never let me live that down.
I think it's so much fun to be able to laugh at yourself.
Back to the spittle...I'm sure there are thousands of us out there who are much more aware of spittle now that we've heard your story. We'll be saved from embarrassment all because of you.

 
At October 27, 2007 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Shellie Paparazzo said...

What great sisters!

 
At October 27, 2007 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Honeycutt Family said...

Thank the Lord for friends who love and support us (and laugh with us)!

 
At October 27, 2007 at 11:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, you HAVE to to an "outake" disc on the Esther DVD series if you decide to edit out all the nose wiping, teeth wiping, tissue wiping, etc. !!! You know that sometimes we just all have to laugh and now that we have read about it, those of us not part of the Houston blessing cant wait to share in the experience!! God love you and bless you for being so real.

 
At October 28, 2007 at 10:19 AM , Blogger su said...

How glorious! I have a quote on my fridge - "How pleasant it is to feel that you are loved by those whom you love." Nelly Ptaschkina (it came of a box of tea). You are loved.

 
At October 28, 2007 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that is what doin' life together is all about!! What great friends :)

p.s. I am now completely paranoid about my own possible "spittle", so I check myself every morning b4 going to work!!

 
At October 28, 2007 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just to make you feel better...I had a little spittle going on today! LOL! I'm part of our Praise Team and I noticed during our 2nd service a little spittle action going on on the left side of my mouth...must be an epidemic...lol!!

 
At October 28, 2007 at 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS... Just in case.

I meant real doves, they are everywhere
up here, really. There is only one "bird" for me, in case anyone didn't get it, yet...

peace out

 
At October 28, 2007 at 8:55 PM , Blogger connorcolesmom said...

Ms Beth,
That is the sweetest story. I could not decide it I wanted to cry b/c of the pure love that was pouring out to you from these ladies or laugh my head off b/c it was so funny!!
Love ya,
Kim

 
At October 28, 2007 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Faith said...

LOL. How fun are they!!

 
At October 29, 2007 at 7:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Beth too funny!

This weekend has been funny and well, not sure of the words, I think I had food poisioning, anyway closer to normal now.

Friday, I got a letter hand addressed to my father from his doctor. That's odd...I opened it and it was a card to carry in his wallet for security etc since he had a hip replacement.

What's so funny? He passed away over two months ago!! I thought they were just a little late!

 
At October 29, 2007 at 7:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Beth, what number was that in Esther so we can be sure and look for your spittle?!

 
At October 29, 2007 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

Love you Beth! What a great staff you have. Let me know if some embroidered handkerchiefs are needed. Blessings to you all!

Debbie in Tennessee

 
At October 29, 2007 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

tee hee hee

 
At October 29, 2007 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Becky said...

I can see now why you say they go through the stuff with you. What a great and loving staff.

 
At October 29, 2007 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Amy T said...

I didn't check in last week and boy did I ever miss it! That had to be one of the funniest stories you've ever told. Poor cameraman!

 
At October 29, 2007 at 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it when christian can come together and have some good,clean old fashion fun.Thank you for reminding us of this and for being such a good sport.Just think,Beth, If the spittle turns out to be on the video,you can have a gift that keeps on giving...laughter!!!

With you being the "queen of hair",I thought you might enjoy this prank.Several years ago, I went to have a perm put in my hair (our pastor and his wife highly recommended him).After sitting under the hair dryer ,the gentlemen came to check my hair... nothing unusual.He all of a sudden yelled to his helper to get over to me...he told her that she had left the rollers too long in my hair. A few seconds later a roller filled with hair rolled off of my head, all he could say was " oh no'...one by one they continued to roll off... a total of four! One of my best friends and her mother were sitting across from me...panic was in their eyes(he didn't tell them)as well. In that one minute, I was so devastated to say the least. All I could think sbout is what am I going to do with a bald head, how about a wig? When I found out it was a joke, I chased him all over that salon.Through the years, I have been the recipient of many jokes, but this one I will always remember!All in good, clean fun!

Blessings.
Cula

 
At October 29, 2007 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Aunt_Nette said...

I agree with O! Praise Him by David Crowder Band.
Made to love by Toby Mac
Tears of the Saints by Leeland
I Believe by Building 429
Set the World on Fire by Britt Nicole

And I listen to KSBJ.org. It is a christian radio station out of Humble, Texas. It is totally listener supported. Starting on Thanksgiving day they will be playing all Christmas music until Christmas.
And when I am at work I listen to an XM station called "the Message".Sometimes I am having prayer time at work with it playing in the background. And the different tempos of the songs will generate other things to bring up in conversation with God. Sometimes He uses the songs to give me answers to my prayers.

 
At October 30, 2007 at 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard an interview with Stephen Curtis Chapman this morning and he said he was inspired by a line you emailed his wife and he used it in his new song, Broken.You said that you were "just a well dressed wreck" so I guess spittle comes with the wrecked part of the well dressed, huh? Just make you human like the rest of us, kiddo! :-)

 
At October 30, 2007 at 1:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Just had to post a link to the song "Spittle" by a Christian parody band called Apologetix. It's a parody to the song "The Middle."
http://www.christian-lyrics.net/artist/apologetix/track/spittle/

Their website is www.apologetix.com, and they sing parodies to all kinds of oldies . . . and new songs too. We love them!

 
At October 30, 2007 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oops! Here's the "exact" link to "Spittle" lyrics - I hope it doesn't drop off the track when I try to post this again!
http://www.christian-lyrics.net/artist/apologetix/track/spittle/

 
At October 31, 2007 at 10:04 AM , Blogger MorningSong said...

This whole thing cracks me up! I must say when we had our Believing God video on Monday - at first all I could think of was your spittle in Esther.

I soon forgot about it since we are delving into the Memorial Stones. I was so moved by the video and day 1 homework. I cannot wait to see how God transforms my memory of past times. I am so thankful that God has given you eyes to see the depth of His word. You have shown me SOOOO many things that I have clearly missed on prior readings of the same Word. I love how the stones were IN THE middle!! So true! Anyway, spittle or not God is still the center of it all.

I must know - was the spittle as bad as they thought when they viewed the video?? (smile) You must tell us what week you had spittle!!

 
At October 31, 2007 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Becky said...

Beth
I shared about your blog and your spittle Monday night at our bible study. We were altogether again for the first time after finishing Daniel and starting the introduction of our new study. On those nights it is a blessed fun night so I shared about what happened to you while taping Esther. We all got a good laugh and I told them they should check out your blog. I told them if they would take time to check it out they would see that you are no different from a lot of us. It is a blessing to know we all have our embarrassing moments. Thanks for just being you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home