The State Fair of Texas
We are now approaching the State Fair of Texas. You can see the giant Ferris wheel that I will never get on.

This is Big Tex. He waves his hand and talks.

This is the Cotton Bowl. It is a football field that houses the Red River Shootout between t.u. (University of Texas) and Oklahoma every year during the fair.

Fletcher's Corny Dogs. This is the real deal.

We tried not to let the heat steal the joy of our battered and fried hot dogs. Thank God for Dr. Pepper.

The Chevrolet Main Stage. Notice that the stage is decorated with Chevys. Only in Texas.

If you ever went to a school dance in the 90s, you probably slow danced to a Boyz II Men song. And the last dance was most likely to "End of the Road." Here are the Boyz Now Men.

They sang all our favorites and some classic Motown hits, which my mom and dad would have loved.

We had never been so hot in our lives. Here Curt is splashing some water on our little guy who was a CHAMP that day.

Little Hands on the Farm
Little Farmer Jones and his daddy got to feed chickens, milk a cow, plant carrots and harvest them, pick fruit, shear wool, load it all in a tractor, take it to market, and make a buck. It was all pretend but it was so much fun!










Jackson is buying a treat with the money he made as a farmer.

Bless her sweet heart.

I took this picture for mom because we both love baby donkeys.

130 pictures were taken at the fair on Saturday with my camera. This is one out of three that I appear in. Here I am telling Jackson that a donkey says, "HEE HAW! HEE HAW!"

Big Bird bit a girl's finger only seconds before we took this. That's why my boys are way off to the right.


What a fun day! We might have to go back for round two when it gets cooler. My mom was inspired by Big Tex to write this last year. Check it out. I think you'll be blessed.

85 Comments:
What awesome pics! Looks like a great time!
How fun! I could practically hear Boyz singing when I looked at those pictures! Hope you enjoyed it. Jackson is a doll.
YAY for Texas!!!!! LOVE the fair!!!!!
Only one correction needs to be made: U.T. (not t.u.)! HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!! :)
What a fun day at the fair & such great memories!
I took my kids and a few of their friends to see Boyz II Men when they were young teens. I enjoyed the concert as much as they did.
You and Curt are such sweet parents. Jackson is very blessed.
Thanks for sharing the day with us as well as the pictures.
Yep, you Texans sure know how to do it up big! You can send any of the heat from Texas up here. I've already had to scrape my windshield twice in September. As for the pictures, get used to it Amanda. I have THOUSANDS of pictures of our family, but only a handful with me actually IN the pictures. My husband looks like a single father. You jokingly said you should Photoshop yourself into the Siesta picture from Nashville...but you could be on to something there...for your home pictures. Glad you guys had fun.
Great pictures. Jackson looked like a true farmer! We always go to the North Georgia Fair, but they don't have anything like you do in Texas. We do always enjoy all the food, including corn dogs. I love your Mom's comparision between our Lord and Big Tex. Thanks for sharing.
Awesome Pictures!! Thanks for sharing!!
Now, my father lived in Texas for awhile, and he was quite amazed that people there LOVE Dr. Pepper...ALOT!!! So, I thought that was funny when you wrote that in...hehe
I agree, Little Hands on the Farm is one of the best things about the State Fair. We have to make a stop there every year, and it's fun to watch our children grow through the pictures!
When Jackson's a little older, you'll have to take him to the Pee-Wee Stampede. The little guys get to wear bona fide cowboy hats (little mini-stetsons!) and ride broomstick horses while staging a "real" rodeo for proud mommies and daddies. The participants all wear numbers pinned to their backs like the real cowboys do, and they compete in "real" rodeo events like bull riding, calf roping, barrel racing...it's so much fun! My son is now too old to do it, but our daughter is already talking about being in the rodeo when we go next week!
Thanks for sharing your day at the Fair with us!
What a darlin family trip to the state fair. I saw a show on the Food Network in the last day or so and Fletcher's Corny Dog stand was mentioned. Small world, ha? Oh Amanda, the photos of Jackson with his daddy on the farm were precious. Thank you for sharing some of them with your Siestas.
I am praying for everyone at LPM because it's Bible study tonight. May the Lord's words flow freely through Beth as she brings the message. What a joy it must be to be able to attend each week.
:)
I'm laughing at the photo with the 'Bless her sweet heart' caption! Aren't we all seriously looking like her in moments of our lives!?
That fair looks amazing. I did go to the oldest fair in the country here in Topsfield, MA a couple of days ago. Would you know that they had elephant and llama rides? Would you know that even as a 24 year old, I felt that I needed to partake in such a ride!? Bless my sweet heart! lol
The pictures are adorable! Thank you so much for sharing. We love the Texas/OU Cotton Bowl game. Even though I grew up in Oklahoma and now live in Arkansas and my best friend lives in Ft. Worth...I will always be a Sooner at heart.
Too much fun! Makes me hungry for a corny dog!!
Those ostriches can be way too scary...
Thanks for sharing your family's adventure! Always a pleasure.
Melissa I always love you sharing these pix, THANK YOu for letting us be part of his life. JOY!!
I loved the pictures Amanda! And I can totally relate to taking tons of pictures but appearing in none of them. That's just what moms do. I saw a blurb on CNN about the Texas fair and it mentioned the corny dog eating contest. I thought of you and what a small world it is when we can connect so easily with people hundreds of miles away.
Nothing like a good ole State Fair! Thanks for sharing and I am so glad you had a great day with your sweet, precious men!
So neat thanks for shareing that with us.Your a specail familey may God keep blessing you.Specail pictures. Waht a great day you had together.Love each other take care of each other & keep GOD number 1 in your life, JOY, JESUS frist, others second yourself last.GOD bless you love sister in Christ Victoria
O too cute!! looks like you all had fun! your son is so stkin cute, Amanda! Love ya and God Bless you always!
awe... looks like ya'll had a blast. The South Carolina state fair starts next week and I can't wait!!
I'll be able to attend the TEXAS fair next year though. My husband and I are moving to Fort Worth so he can attend seminary. Please pray for us. This is a huge transistion.
I AM A PEPPER TOO!!!
Yes, praise God for Dr. Pepper!! LOL
I remember reading your mom's comments on Big Tex, they came to mind as soon as I saw the picture. I had never really seen him before so that was pretty cool! thank you! He looks pretty much like I'd imagined him.
But I have often thought about how true I think Beth's words are, when I finally see our blessed Jesus I will just wish I would have dreamed bigger. It is just a phenominal thought.
It looks like you and your family had a blast of a time! I love building memeories like that with my little ones!
I imagine, leaving a blog for the Oprah, of the Christian world, (as my friends affectionately refer to Beth as) means that there is little chance of this actually reaching her eyes, but I'll take a chance. I am currently scraping my way through Daniel. Adoring the raw history of it all, trying to get fistfuls of understanding that God is sovreign - Praise You Lord - that You are. Mostly, I just love seeing my Precious God display His great power. Dreams and visions to Daniel, salvation from the fire for Hannaniah, Mishael, and Azzariah (just can't use their Aramaic names any longer,) and the humbling of Nebuchadnezzar so that he might have eternal life. Doesn't it just prove HE goes to every length to woo us, win us over, even if it means taking us to the pit. HE wants me so bad. And He'll come after me with love and a vengence, if necessary!
Thank you for loving God, and allowing Him to use you. You are bringing forth the Word that is changing my life. Sincerely, Sarah from little ole, Helena, Montana
Looks like a fun day! We have a tradition to go each year and are looking foward to our trip this year. Thanks for sharing!
Amanda,
Thanks for sharing your family with us. It's a joy to watch Jackson grow.
May God Bless you and yours.
LOVE Boyz II Men! I saw them in concert in 1995. Wow, that was a long time ago. Now I feel old. I was in HS then...
Like the story on Big Tex. Everytime I read the blog I hear your mom's voice. It occured to me that I've never heard you speak Amanda. do you have a Texas accent? I'm sure you do but you probably don't hear it. Jackson probably speaks Texan baby talk too. I know this is probably a corny post but I'm curious to hear if you "sound" like your mom. :) How's Melissa doing at LP?
Oh these pictures did me good! I grew up in Plano, TX and spent the second Monday of every October (public school Fair Day) at the Great State Fair of Texas! I've enjoyed my fair share (pun intended) of Fletcher's Corn Dogs and wouldn't know what to do if Big Tex didn't greet me as I walked in. After seven years in Iowa, I will say that Iowa knows what it takes to put on a state fair (you haven't lived until you've seen "Butter Elvis"), but without Fletcher's and Big Tex it still comes in second in my book. I won't comment on the state fair of Florida...the non-capitalization of the name was on purpose!
Dear Amanda,
My boy is 16 years old and I can look back at his pictures when he was Jackson's age and find I am actually in a very small percentage. Especially the videos. When you get to be the videographer though, your baby is talking primarily to you. I have several where he is looking directly into my lens and saying, "Mommy, I see you in there." Priceless. Motherhood truly a gift from God.
amanda,
i can tell you were hot, cause you already had a farmer tan in the picture. Jackson is losing his "baby" look. He is growing fast, you will be glad for all the pictures at this age. we are leaving for the northeast fall foliage tours this week. won't be by a computer, so i will have plenty of reading when I get back. lots of love Dedra@dfw
Beautiful, precious boy!
Praying right now as Esther is taping tonight. I wondered...is "Esher" from the Asher talk in Denver related at all to Esther? Just curious! Maybe it will be in the study...praying for that day. Even more, praying for His return.
Love y'all much!
Holly Smith
What great pictures! Reminds me of when we took our children, now 11 and 7, to the MN State Fair the first time. We go every year. Instead of corny dogs, we have Pronto Pups and my favorite, fried green tomatoes and corn fritters. Of course the MN State Fair is known for everything "on a stick." Such exotic offerings as chocolate dipped key lime pie, deep fried candy bars or twinkies and walleye on a stick are popular.
Your MN siesta,
Mary Ann
Looks like so much fun, Jackson must of had a great time!!
Thanks for the pictures. We lived in Ft. Worth about 25 years ago and I remember when my hubby and I went to the State Fair of Texas. I loved the pictures...and the first few shots brought back sweet memories for me and I do remember that Texas heat.
What a precious boy!!! Looks like the whole family had a great time at the fair. Thank you for sharing with us. And, Jackson MUST get a John Deere riding tractor (like the one he is riding in the pictures) for Christmas! What a smile. He sure looks like you, Amanda.
What fun!
Now my fears are finally confirmed - animals at fairs DO bite fingers and I was concerned about this as a child for good reasons! (I was NOT just a little scairdy-cat.)
Oh what fun! Thanks for sharing!
Last night a show came on Food Network featuring the Texas State Fair. I almost looked at my husband and said, "Oh, Curt and Amanda are there!" As if you were our next door neighbors or something. But then I realized he has no idea who Curt and Amanda are. And he would've looked at me like I was a loony if I'd have said, "You know, Beth's daughter." Funny thing about this blog - it makes you feel like family!
So glad you had a wonderful time and that Jackson got to experience him some farming!
Amanda,
What an amazingly fun day!! Heat or not! I grew up in Texas and even had family in Riesel (just south of Waco on HI 6-you know the one that runs both ways through Aggieland!) but have never been to the state fair. We'll have to go after we move home. I do know how hot it was in Texas on Sat though-Kyle Field was incredibly "sunny" most of the day and worth every ray of sun we got!!
Cherish your memories and they will stay alive for Jackson as he grows into a little farmer. My husband is "John Deere" green with envy that Jackson got to ride a tractor! That's his big retirement dream :0)!!!
Blessings to all of you!
Amanda, you are truly blessed. Thank you for sharing! I have never been to Texas (maybe one day).....you make it sound incredible!!! Thanks for opening your life to us, siestas out here in "blogville, usa". I, too, am a minister's wife and I know the challenge, yet the utmost importance of being transparent. You and your family are a blessing to us...thanks for the smiles!! Love you all and pray for you each too!!!
What great pictures Amanda. Makes me hungry for a funnel cake and grilled corn on the cob. I'm so glad Jackson had a great time.I am like you always the picture taker and never in the picture.
Beth,
We watched Session 4 in Living Beyond Yourself this week and I just have to say "may the joy of the Lord be onya" I had written down "onya" in my notes and went back and clarified it as "Beth slang". I didn't want to be reviewing my book next year and think "I wonder what this greek word onya means" -LOL
Our ladies Bible Study has so enjoyed this study. Thank you so much for being such a willing servant of Christ. You mean so much to us!! We Love You Siesta!
Donna in Alabama
Ah! Brings back hot, but wonderful memories of all the TX State Fairs I took my kids to! Thanks for all the photos, but I wish you had been in more than one. Your child will never forget these wonderful memories you are building with him. God bless you! (And be sure to make copies for Grandma!)
Amanda - you just cotton pickin' melted my heart ----- can not wait to be a granny in 4 months!!! Beth probably was pure goo - or she will be, if she has seen the shots of the little man ---- what a beautiful treasure!
Where's the mustard - got a corn dog cravin' !!!!!!
Looks like you guys had a fabulous time at the fair! I bet Jackson had a blast...what a fun age for all of you!
Thanks for the link to the devotional. It really spoke to me. "Everything on this earth has the potential to disappoint except you.(Jesus)" Oh how true. Keep my eyes fixed on you Jesus, you alone are the true prize!
With love ~Kristin
Amanda,
Don't you just love the smile on Jackson's face in that picture of him on the mini John Deere? Radiant!
I liked this line in your mom's devotional (it's near the end) -
"Everything on this earth has the potential to disappoint except Jesus." Wow, we should be clinging to the One who doesn't disappoint.
i still can't get over that animal rolling around in her saw-bed..too great :)
i know you like corny dogs...what about funnel cakes?! those were like the life of the party for me at the fair!! :D ...that and the pettin' zoo ;)
Amanda,
I laughed out loud at your "Bless her sweet heart" reference. And picture.
Hilarious!
~Stacy
Amanda..... thank you for sharing these absolutely beautiful pictures... they really transported me to the Fair! And I've been meaning to tell you and Curt: Jackson's smile absolutely *shines* with complete happiness and love! [getting teary-eyed!]
maria
Hey Amanda!
Oh you have given me so many laughs here! Among them:
1) "The giant ferris wheel that I will never get on."
2) "The stage decorated in Chevy's. Only in Texas."
3) The whole Boyz II Men/"End of The Road" thing! "Still I can't let go/It's unnatural/You belong to me/I belong to you". Ah memories! I sure hope they sang "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye" as well! That one can still get me misty! Does this make me a geek?
4) 130 pictures and "this is one of three that I appear in."
You are FUNNY!
And the pics of Jackson doing the farmer thing is absolutely PRECIOUS! What a PUNKIN' he is!
OK, I am only three hours south of Dallas and you have TOTALLY made me want to go to the State Fair! I also seem to be craving a corn dog...
Thanks for this delightful post!
Love,
Kristin
Hi Amanda.
I haven't been on the blog in quite some time, being a busy mom of 3....Anyway, this is not really related to the state fair, but something I wanted to mention to you. To make a long story short, my husband is a pastor in Georgia and for some time now our ministry here has been severely attacked from a certain "faction" of people. God has graciously allowed us to take a new church back in our home state of Oklahoma where we will be back near family again.
One of the recent attacks was on me personally, the day after we returned from WOF in Atlanta. I should have known it would be coming when the Lord was working so mightily. A lot of hate was manifested on me and since that day Satan has really been working on me. It's like something inside me died and even though my husband is really excited about the new ministry before us, I must say I'm not as excited about it as I want to be, maybe just more reluctant than anything. I know it's God's will that we go, I KNOW it is. But I am less than enthusiastic about ministry at the moment, even though women's ministry is my passion. Anyway, last night I was praying a ton of scripture and the Lord led me to fast for an undisclosed amount of time as of yet. I decided to get on the blog this morning and look around and I found your "True Fasting" blog from Isaiah 58. It is just what I needed at this moment. God had it just for me today. I know I have some things to work out with the Lord. I know we don't battle against flesh and blood, but sometimes the heart is just hurting from people acting out in the flesh.
Thank you for this blog and your contribution to it. You are a blessing. I enjoy seeing the pictures of your precious baby!
~ Robin
I have to admire anyone who can relate Big Tex to Revelation. :)
I loved reading that link. So true--He will not disappoint!! I needed to be reminded to think bigger!
Looks like you might need a little John Deere tractor for Christmas.Santa told me they have them at the John Deere store in Brenham.
Corny dogs! Mmmm. I have memories of coming back from swimming as a child and stopping at the Dan-Dee-Dog in Willis, Texas for what else, a corn dog and a dr. pepper for lunch most days of several summers. You're making some sweet memories for Jackson.
good to know I am not the only mom that never appears in pics...I am always taking them, and I have to remember to ask my hubby to get pics of me with my boys!! moms are always in the shadows, aren't we?!
This is to "Free In Christ" (Robin):
I am praying for you. The enemy is at work and hungry....trying to steal, kill and destroy. (I love the rest of John 10:10 though....) I didn't feel attacked personally last week, but there were so many loved ones I know who were getting bad reports from the doctors, people talking to me who were wondering if they were about to have a nervous break down, people talking to me about so many problems. It was really getting to me. There are several ladies in our Bible study who have so much going on (serious health issues) in their immediate families.
Sometimes I think we finally get to a point where we just have to get mad at the devil. I was alone on Sun. morning and began to sing a Scripture song I learned years ago from Ps. 68:1 "Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered..."
I looked on over to verse 21 and it said "But God shall wound the head of His enemies..."
I was so pumped and it changed my whole attitude. God is so powerful and He sings over us and brings us joy and healing. I was tired of moping around at what all was going on and decided to be joyful and magnify my awesome God.
I know in your situation God has some wonderful things in store for the ministry. I'm a preacher's daughter and know what it's like to be in the ministry. I will keep you in my prayers as you make this move.
I'm in Oklahoma too! :)
Anyway, just know you are in my prayers.
Love,
Valerie
what cute pictures. I looks like Jackson had a good time.
I love Texas and wish I was still in it! Born and raised and now misplaced...anyway, thanks for linking up to your moms story of Big Tex...I did enjoy that. Jackson is getting big and so handsome...just like my Jackson! I consider us kindred spirits for more reasons than this, but close to my heart is the name of Jackson!
What a great time you had!! I like the farming idea for the little ones!
Dr Pepper!!! Just before by dad died almost 7 years ago, I was spooning him Dr. Pepper!! It was his favorite!
So glad you had a good time! Thanks for the great pictures.
We have the farm "experience" at our state fair as well. I love watching the little ones go through the exhibit.
Jackson is adorable. Hope we will get to meet him at the siesta fiesta next August.
Our fair here in Raleigh, NC starts in a few days. I HAVE to have fair food once a year or my body will revolt. (actually come to think of it my body revolts either way. Ha,ha.)
Love ya
Kristi B.
Where is this part of the fair, I would like to take the kids on thier fair day...next week! Hope it is cooler although I think the weather is going to break soon. I don't actually expect you to respond, I sure love you and your family. Gosh humor is relaly hard to communicate through short comments.
I grew up in the Dallas area and in those days (I'm actually not sure if they still do this or not), every school student in that area got a holiday and a free ticket to the State Fair. Needless to say, I have seen my share of state fairs of TX. My parents in fact, still go every year, their annual trip scheduled for next Thursday. My dad loves the animals and new trucks (can you tell he's a cowboy?). My brother and I always wanted to play the games and win...a rare occurrence. Great memories though!
Blessings,
Corrie
Thank you for sharing your great time with us. I remember taking our guys when they were little to fairs and amusement parks. And their daddy rode with them. I only rode carousels!
It is so much fun watching that rascal grow up! What a funny guy he is! And - Beckham too! Oh - the little donkey is soooooo cute.
Thanks for Sharing, Amanda.
Thanks for sharing your precious family and your great photos. Brings back great memories of fun times with my family. Hang on fall will arrive (probably way after the fair is over).
Nancy
Keep in mind Oct. 18th for round two! That's when the Hartsfield's will be joining Big Tex for some State Fair fun!
Thanks for the great pictures! As cinde said earlier, it feels like you're family when we get to share in your lives.
I also love the pics of Boyz II Men, it's been so long since I've seen or heard them.
Amanda,
Thanks for sharing your trip! I have lived in North Texas all my life (nearly 26 years) and still have not been to the State Fair (gasp!). I loved the pics! They made me laugh! Thanks so much! I'm guessing that t.u. comment is from an Aggie? :)
Blessings,
Lauren
Oh, Have you ever had a Dublin (TX) Dr. Pepper?
He is just so cute! And you know I'm talking about Farmer Jackson! But that little donkey is a charmer, too. Thanks for sharing the pictures...
Thank you for showing a father and son that are crazy about each other! It was wonderful seeing Curt and Jackson have such a wonderful time.
Thanks for sharing the pictures, Amanda!!! Us visual folks really appreciate them.
Those are all great pics, but the ones of your farmer boys are awesome! Thanks for sharing the joy of Texas. :-)
Amen!! Loved the article! As far as the fair, I grew up on a ranch and I hated it. I live in town and I'm happy about it. I couldn't help but think they milked a cow and sheared a sheep and were happy about it! Obviously it was all fake. Clearly the cow and the sheep never kicked him and wool is nasty stuff. I love sheep but I hate wool. Especially on my body. It itches something terrible. We never had sheep until I got old enoguh to take an animal to the fair. Other than my horse, which was a no brainer, the only animal I wanted to show was a lamb. By the time I was in 8th grade I was raising them. My parents hated it. I only hated the wool. I eventually showed beef cattle, but I still love sheep. Don't have any, but I go to the fair to see them. I showed a pig once and I don't want to talk about that experience. Only thing kept me from killing him with my bare hands is the fact that I wouldn't even get paid for my misery when it was time to sell him. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my rambling. By the wasy, I've never seen a baby donkey. He is the cutest thing. Even cuter then puppies maybe which is really hard to beat!
A, I feel your pain with no Mommy pics. You have to give the camera to your hubby and MAKE him take pictures. :-) We did 200 pictures at my daughter's first birthday in June--and 170+ at my son's 5th in July. Thank goodness for digital cameras! Thanks for sharing your Mommy side with everyone!
I am in love with Donkeys as well. My son who is 2 months today has a whole collection of donkey outfits!!! What fun looks better than the GA fair.
I would just like to add a quick note to Beth. In your Daniel study you talk about the French Bakery you and Keith eat at and its girly place well that day I ate there! In your Woman's heart study you talk about Salsa and that day I ate salsa. I just found that to be humerous!!! BTW I love Skittles
In Him,
Christi G
Atl GA
Amanda,
Of course you were only in 3 pictures sweetie, that is what mom's do. We take the pictures of our loved ones. Your little Jackson is so adorable and I am enjoying so much your stories and pictures. As your mother so beautifully put it in her "Woman's Heart" video, I am old and my kids are grown so I only tend to remember the wonderful times of this tender age of Jackson. Thank you for giving all of us the opportunity to watch him grow up and to re-live the wonderful times of motherhood.
The state fair looked great. Keep taking pictures and writing about the great days of raising your baby. We love it!!
P.S. I am leading the study "A Woman's Heart" and cannot wait for the week when your mom announces the arrival of her grandson. I would love to view ahead but want to experience the joyous announcement with the rest of my girls in Bible Study.
hey
hey giel whats up
oh...looks like ya'll had tons of fun! can't wait until we are brave enough to go on family outings like that!
oh...and totally understand about the pics!! i am rarely in pictures anymore unless my sis in law steals it from me to take pics for us!!
Amanda,
I love the pics! You have such a sweet family.
Have a great weekend!
Chelsea
I so much enjoy seeing pictures and hearing about your sweet family. I have a son that just turned two. They are so amazing at this age:)
Amanda,
Thanks for sharing all these pics...they're so fun!! Ever since your mom mentioned you were going to the state fair and having a Fletcher's corn dog, I've been thinking of corn dogs nearly every day. I've been hinting (blatantly) to my husband that I'd like to go to the state fair sometime.
And the baby donkey picture was so sweet! I've never seen one before, in person or in a photograph.
It looks like the weather was so perfect for y'all. Glad to hear you had so much fun! Thanks for taking the time to share your lives with us. It is a blessing!
Blessings,
Karen K.
Houston
p/s: I'm sad that my team lost tonight to OU, but I think your team won...congrats!
Looks like fun!! Boys to Men - brings me back to High School days!! Your Jackson is such a cutie!! Love his handprint jumper. Makes me think - what do you do for Halloween??? Do you dress him up in a costume or do you avoid that issue?? We have never put costumes on our kids, until last year at a fall fest we had at church. My daughter wore a princess dress. But this year I feel torn with how to approach this. Would you mind sharing your thoughts, via a post, on how to approach this time?? I know you cannot tell us all what to do. Just another perspective helps at times. We always dressed up as kids but I feel like I am not sure what we should do with our kids.
Thanks!
seriously, i called dibs on your son for my 2 year old daughter! I know she is a little older, but maybe that will mean she will be wiser!
Amanda,
Cuuuuute pics! Love the State Fair. Glad you explained some details for the non-Texans. I'm going from Houston to Dallas just for the fair this weekend! Can't miss it! If I meet my annual goals of corn dogs, fountain Dr. Pepper, viewing the new cars, and shopping, then it's been a successful trip.
I can tell that a little bit of your Aggie side is seeping out with the t.u. comment. I went to grad school at TAMU but got my bachelor's from UT and I'm totally burnt orange blooded. My Aggie friends acted like I was supposed to get all riled up by hearing t.u. but I just responded, "Of course, by t.u. you're referring to us as THE University." That always shut them up real quick or just left them stammering. ;-)
It's all in good fun. Having been at both universities, I can say that they are both great schools and Texas is blessed to have so many great universities. On another day, I'll have to post about my favorite A&M/UT Bible verse.
Many blessings,
Lynnette
Where have all the SOONER SIESTAS gone?
We're missionaries, and now live faaaaar away from the Cotton Bowl. I think my husband is still slightly bitter at God for taking him away from OU football.
He had to drive all over our city this past weekend to even find the game--local stations laid the Penn State/Iowa game over it. :(
But God did hear his prayers. Texas lost. :)
I was so noticing (being a scrapbooker myself) that you are mia in most of the pictures you share...Amanda, teach that honey of yours to take fabulous photos of you and the little angel.
Boomer Sooner, Baby, BOOMER SOONER!
Amanda,
Don't know if you go back at look at older blogs/posts. If you like Boys II Men, there is a group called Men of Standard. Especially love their songs: Staying in your Will and Lord, You're Everything!
Thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home