Monday, August 13, 2007

Conversations

The following is an excerpt from a phone conversation between my mom and me on Friday night.

B: Hey, sweet darlin'!

AJ: Hey, Mama! How's it going in Atlanta?

B: Well, you know Sandi Patty is here and...

AJ, interrupting/yelling: WHAT?!?! Sandi Patty is there? I'm dying! Did you talk to her?

B: Yes, I got to hug her neck and...

AJ: Did you tell her we listened to "The Friendship Company" like every day?

B: No, but...

AJ, still yelling: Were you freaking out?

B: Yes, and she and Travis sang together.

AJ, astonished that she wasn't there: WHAT?!?! Did they sing "Another Time, Another Place"? Because if so, I'll just die!

B: No, honey, they sang...

AJ: Mother! Love in any language, straight from the heart, pulls us all together. Never apart! And once we learn to speak it, all the world will hear...love in any language, fluently spoken here!

I didn't die, but it has taken me a few days to recover from not being in Atlanta to hear Sandi Patty and Travis sing together! :)

93 Comments:

At August 13, 2007 at 11:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny, I saw her when she first started out and she was great then. I think she is probably even better now!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 11:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

friendship company was amazing. :-)

from the time i was about 2 til i was 5 every night, after baths, we would put on one of my dad's t shirts (we wore them to sleep) and we would dance and listen to Sandi Patti, Amy Grant, and OLD Michael W. Smith on LP's until the record player broke and we moved up to tapes.

Wow. I'm having amazing flash backs.

Thank you Sandi!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, and now you know how I would feel if I ever got to meet the Moore Girls in person. Silly I know, because you all are probably sayin' "Us?" But yes, when somebody has the ability to touch your life in a profound way, whether it is through written word (Amanda/Melissa) or teaching/speaking (Beth) or song, (Sandy Patti) it just ROCKS if you have the chance to tell them! It isn't idolatry, just gratitude. (But because you all are just so much fun, I probably would be beside myself...anyway it's all good right?!)

 
At August 13, 2007 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

I should clarify that I could have gone to the conference, but we had JUST gotten back from our trip. I have a very active toddler who needed his mommy to reestablish our routine.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 11:45 AM , Blogger sammie said...

AJ, your mom and her "culture of comfort" talk this weekend was completely profound. I'm in the middle of a summer sociology course and it so rings true.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 11:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda I so know what you mean about wishin' you coulda been there! Everytime I read a post about a conference that I didn't go to, I end up thinking "I wish I coulda been there!" I was at the conference in Columbia and I will never be the same! Thanks for the inside scoop on ya'll's chat. I feel like we're family the way you share so much of yourselves. It's amazing to think of the siestas I have but haven't actually met. :o)

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:02 PM , Blogger AbbyLane said...

yes!!! i love freak out moments like this!!! :)

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:05 PM , Blogger DigiNee said...

Now that dear sister Amanda was just what this Monday needed! What good medicine!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Courtney said...

you are too cute!! :)

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you imagine what it will be like when we get to heaven and we all get to see each other. What a "conference" THAT will be!!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Sandi Patty. I totally grew up with her. She's been one of my favorites since I was just a little girl. When she comes to Portland I'm going to give her a big huge humungo hug around her neck. You're mom is so blessed. How cool for Travis.

love you guys,
Kristi

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Amy said...

I totally understand your fascination. I remember being about 5 and going to one of Sandy Patty's concerts and getting to go on stage with a ton of other kids to sing. To hear me retell the story though I felt like I was the only one on the stage with her.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Mary Watkins said...

Hey, Amanda,
You made me grin from ear-to-ear just now.

Love ya, dear Siesta!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda....

You just absolutely make me giddy to be your Siesta!!!

Love me some Sandi Patty, too. I am a friend of Trav's and our praise team was just tickled yesterday when I informed them that I had been told that he and Sandi did a little ditty over the weekend!!

Me? I was hoping it was "I've Just Seen Jesus, I tell you He's alive, I've just seen Jesus -- our precious Lord, alive!! And then I knew He really saw me, too. As if till now I'd never lived. AND ALL I'VE DONE BEFORE WON'T MATTER ANYMORE....I've just seen Jesus and I'll never be the same again........"

Oh good gracious -- I can't wait to see Travis and hear all about it....

Blessings,
Dori

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Jenn in GA said...

oh, Amanda, you crack me up! I would've had the same response, because I grew up singing with my hairbrush microphone every song she ever recorded! I'm sure it was fabulous. Your mom was under the influence of the Spirit in a huge way in ATL, and I was encouraged. I hope she's going to post the commissioning from our time there on this site at some point.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:42 PM , Blogger kittyhox said...

Okay, I don't know who this person is. I'll have to look her up on the internet...

:)

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:51 PM , Blogger ocean mommy said...

I'm laughing out loud because that sounds just like me!

So funny. Thanks for the laugh!

Maybe we need a little Sandy with Travis at a LP event?!!!?

steph.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 12:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to see Amy Grant when I was younger and we waited and said Hi to her as she was going into Her bus I thought I would die, I was a teenager at the time. I love Sandi Patti. I am going to have to listen To Travis.

Have an awesome day and I understand about toddlers and there routines my kids went back to school PRAISE THE LORD YES!!

Sue-La

 
At August 13, 2007 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Drewe Llyn said...

I was in Atlanta! (Not trying to rub it in or anything :-).) And I was so hoping they'd do "Another Time and Another Place". It probably would have been more than our hearts could handle. Both Sandi and Travis are incredible!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 1:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did Travis and Sandi sing together? Love them both and can't imagine what that must have been like to hear them both sing together!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at WOF in Atlanta and it was AWESOME! Can you tell me though how I can get a copy of the commissioning that Beth did on Friday?

Thanks,
Kimberly

 
At August 13, 2007 at 1:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,
That is the exact same way I'm going to react when and if I ever get the chance to meet you, Melissa, your dad or your mother! (I would just hug and love on Jackson!) :)

 
At August 13, 2007 at 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute story Amanda, Sandi Patti is great, I saw her a few years back, amazing. Actually come to think of it, it was more years back then I care to think. It was during the release of Someone Up There Loves Me. The two songs you mentioned are two of my favorite songs. I would have been the same way as you were. Cute story, thank you for sharing it with us, it made me chuckle. I agree with someone else who said, this is how I would feel if I got to meet all of you. Love and Hugs!!!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 1:40 PM , Blogger The Durbin Family said...

Wow...haven't thought about the Friendship Company in a long while...but my younger sister and I totally grew up on Sandi Patty, Amy Grant, MWS, Steven CC...I would love to see Sandi in concert sometime!! I laughed reading the comments...someone mentioned "now you know how we would feel meeting the Moore girls"--I ditto that! And the comment about all of us meeting in heaven? Well Amen to that, too! What a joyous day--eternity--that will be!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Amanda this was so funny! I saw Sandi Patti years ago in concert in Knoxville. I love to hear her sing, We Shall Behold Him!!! It would be to cool if we have surprise singers at Deeper Still/Nashville. I am hoping Mandisa sings Shackles with Travis and the praise team!! I would love to hear Travis sing with Sandi Patti. Powerful!!!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I am feeling your excitement, girl...I had the ENTIRE "More Than Wonderful" live album memorized and could quote some of it for you today if you'd like. I LOVED Sandi Patty like I LOVE Mandisa now.

I lived in the same town Sandi does, and I went to her annual garage sale. I bought a Winnie-the-Pooh outfit for my baby, and she wrote my name and phone number down about her kitchen table. Sadly, though, she never called me. I was living high imagining her leaving me a message on my machine. :)

 
At August 13, 2007 at 2:07 PM , Blogger Nancy Mon said...

One of the highlights for me last year was my twice daily phone call on Fridays from Lisa P. She sang at the pre-conference and then that evening with Sandi Patty Ain't No Mountain High Enough for WOF. Lisa would call me just as she went up on stage and I got to hear the whole thing. It was awesome!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 2:16 PM , Blogger puzzlepiecesista said...

Oh AJ this cracked me up!! I totally get you on this one!!!!!!! I had that same "freaking out" feeling when I met your mom and got to hug on her neck when she was here in Feb. for the Seattle LPL conference at Overlake Christian Church!!!!

When one of God's children have nearly effected every part of your own walk with Jesus, it just feels like touching the hem of his garment in a way, anyway, that's how I felt about your mom, so I soooooooooooo get this one girlfriend!!!!!!!!

Love, Love, Love that you make the "little dude" Jackson your priority, what a sweet mama!!!

Love U,
Angela

 
At August 13, 2007 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Shellie Paparazzo said...

You ladies are so funny, you crack me up.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Lindsee Lou said...

I am laughing out loud because that is just hilarious!

Oh, "Another Time, Another Place", way to bring it back. I feel as though I should go listen right now!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 2:47 PM , Blogger boomama said...

Well, I think you've named a few songs that Big Mama and I will have to add to our singing/tambourine repertoire. And you might want to get to work on an interpretive dance to "Another Time, Another Place." BTW, one time I saw Wayne Watson in a hotel lobby, and I completely lost the ability to form words. I'm pretty sure I frightened him to his very core.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure my kids (about your age) and I still know every single word to every single Sandi Patti song, but most especially the Friendship Company. Singing and dancing the that and Kid's Praise was part of our every night routine.

Sorry you missed it Amanda, but glad you chose to put the needs of your little guy first. He won't be little for long.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

AJ, I did the exact same thing about a year ago. I got "conned" into going to a Gaither Homecoming not knowing who all would be there. She walked on stage and I started crying! Then she sang "We Shall Behold Him," and I was a puddle on the floor! What a voice! She was the only Christian music I knew about until I went to college. She and Travis should record something! Thanks for sharing with us!

Rebecca
Forestburg, Texas

 
At August 13, 2007 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Shelly said...

LOL! Amanda...you're cracking me up. I tried not to be in mourning either. I was there for the pre-conference, but didn't realize the fun night of worship that was to happen later. Maybe it was better that way though - After hearing them, AND Nicole C. Mullen, I am sure I would've been flat-faced on the floor for days on end...
I'm still recuperating from 'not recuperating' :)

 
At August 13, 2007 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Travis said...

I was there and I DID die.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda -

I've read this blog for some time now, but haven't ever added a comment. Your latest entry has compelled me to do so. I think we're a lot alike. I'm in my mid-twenties, been married 5 years, have 2 little girls under the age of 2, my husband is on staff at a large church here in Dallas. (My husband is actually good friends with Travis, so I'm sure we'll be hearing the scoop soon about the duet.) My parents are both in the ministry - so I'm sure we had similar upbringings. Sandi Patti was my idol...seeing as we weren't allowed to listen to "secular" music growing up. I knew (still know) all of the words to every song on her "Friendship Company" records. Her duet with Gerber is my favorite to this day - "We're In This Thing Together...Jesus and Me." An instant classic. Being of the same generation and background, your post today struck a chord with me and made me laugh my head off.

And your second comment about re-establishing your toddler's routine...Girl, I hear every word you're preachin'. My girls are currently down for their afternoon nap and life is good...

 
At August 13, 2007 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Holly said...

That's funny, Amanda. I was thinking as I read your comment on your very active toddler that from the looks of the conversation with your Mama, Jackson came by it honest :) Hee Hee! Now what was the rest of the conversation...and could you share more of these? They're hilarious!

Love ya much!
Holly

 
At August 13, 2007 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Kristib said...

I love that you and your mama are so real! I also love the way you share your loves with us. I grew up in the Sandi Patty, Amy Grant era, so I know how you feel. I am sure she and Travis together was amazing!

Can't wait for Nashville! I am already freaking out! Would love to hug the neck of some of my siesta's.

Love ya,
Kristi B.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 4:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was too cute!
What a bummer you missed it, but I'm sure the comfort and stability Jackson now has from getting back into his routine made it all worth it;D

P.S- I saw Sandi Patti live in concert back in NY once and she was amazing, not to rub it in or anything!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 4:10 PM , Blogger mburkum said...

What a hoot!

I can remember when my parents didn't have any AC, and I was taking a bath one summer Saturday morning with the window open (don't worry, it was way high up - no free show there! LOL), and I had SP on, singing along at the top of my lungs. My mom comes in the bathroom and says, "Marcy, I was over at the James's house, and I could hear you all the way over there." The James family lives across the street and two houses down from my parents in an older neighborhood. The houses are not close together at all! Anyway, me, Sandi Patty, and all of East Pine street - good times.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Christal said...

LOL! That sounds like one of my phone conversations!!!!! Way too funny!!!!!!
Christal

 
At August 13, 2007 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Tara said...

AJ

I am smiling so much it hurts. I was and still am a HUGE Sandi Patti fan. I was part of "The Friendship Company" when I was little. In fact I am still very close with my pen pal from "The Company." I still sing those songs all the time.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I'm not going to lie, I had my middle school choir girls sing that last year...with sign language. What can I say? :)
This post made me laugh HARD!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 5:39 PM , Blogger valerie said...

I love Sandi Patty! I think my favorites that she does are "More Than Wonderful" and "We Shall Behold Him". I have an old cassette of her singing with Larnel Harris and it's great.
I echo what Teri said. That's how I'd feel if I ever got to meet your mom. The other day my daughter asked me what famous person I'd like to have lunch with if I could choose anyone. She should have known :).....I said Beth Moore, of cousre. I think she'd be a blast.
Maybe you'll get to meet Sandi one of these days and get to hug her neck.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 5:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I have one question??? Is this the first time Beth couldn't get a word in? hee hee. Love the fun you share. It's great to laugh with you after a tough day.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 6:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the chuckle Amanda! It was needed after a long but good day.

Kara

 
At August 13, 2007 at 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first saw Sandy Patti in the 80's! What a performance! And she hasn't lost a bit of it after all these years. Amanda, I understand and identify with you - SP is something else! She performs with other talented artists on the Bill Gaither concert DVD's. Many great artists in their midst! Preaching and teaching are wonderful, but who can resist a good singing.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 7:23 PM , Blogger MichelleT said...

Too funny, and I can relate because that is EXACTLY how I felt when I got to meet your mom after the taping of the Patriarchs series. I was too weepy to be able to coherently express any sentiment of gratitude or appreciation. Beth, I have heard you share the story of meeting Cece Winanas at a conference, and that is how I felt.

You girls are so much fun. Love to you both.
Michelle

 
At August 13, 2007 at 7:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a young mom, my daughter, now almost 20, "grew up" with Sandi Patti's music. We loved her and played her music everywhere we went. Then, through a series of events, she disappeared from the charts...Her music was pulled from many "Christian" stations and events. I had the awesome, awesome, priviledge of being part of a true loving, Christ-filled, crowd of believers(along with my daughter) a few years ago in Fort Lauderdale FL, when the audience just enveloped Sandi Patti with love. This was at a WOF conference and I was never more proud to be part of a group of Christian women who showed, in a tangible way, the love of Christ. She "brought the house down" and the crowd refused to stop clapping, as they stood demonstrating the grace that God has for all of us. There was not a dry eye in the place. I will never forget that moment, as long as I live. We all breathed in God's love that day. I have heard her sing since then, and I have to agree with "Miss Paula"....She is better now than when she first started out, and that's hard to believe, because she was great back then!!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Kristin in Austin said...

Amanda, I am cracking up! I can totally understand your excitement about Sandi Patty! I just recently attended the Gospel Music Association Festival in Estes Park, Colorado, and had the opportunity to meet Natalie Grant, Mark Schultz, and yes...the one and only Sandi Patty. BEYOND thrilling!

To read the story and see the pictures, check out my blog - specifically, the entry entitled "GMA Festival - Wednesday, Day Four, Part One".

Sure hope I get the opportunity to meet you and your Mom someday! What an absolute delight that would be!

Love,
Kristin

 
At August 13, 2007 at 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Amanda,
That story really cracks me up and I can so relate to boomama with her Wayne Watson encounter.

My best friend and I actually met Beth in an airport and were totally struck dumb. I believe we babbled and giggled and squealed and said nothing of any significance whatsoever. She, of course, was so amazing, telling us we were precious over and over, but if we had a "do over", there is absolutely so much we would like to say. She graciously posed for a picture with us that we treasure so much. We even sent her a copy of the picture and my husband (after we told him how silly we acted) has teased that she probably has it posted telling those close to her to be sure and keep these crazy ladies away! HA HA

Thanks for letting all of us who have acted silly over people we adore know that we are not alone!

Love ya,
Dianne

 
At August 13, 2007 at 8:35 PM , Blogger connorcolesmom said...

That is the funniest post !!
I blurted a laugh out loud and got a funny look from the hubby :)
I love the interupting/yelling and the still yelling LOL!!!
So funny!
Girl you have got to try to make it to Nashville talk about so fun!!
I will help take care of Jacks - hehe
Love ya siesta,
Kim

 
At August 13, 2007 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Melle said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!
I love conversations like that.
Thanks for giving me a smile today.

 
At August 13, 2007 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

oh this was too funny...thanks for sharing. I love listening to wonderful music and dancing as I am cleaning my house...dear hubby thinks I am crazy.

hugs and blessings,

 
At August 13, 2007 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

Hi Amanda,
I'm sorry but that's how I would feel about meeting Travis. Actually I did meet Travis last year but didn't know who he was right away. My friends and I had individual pictures taken with him and I can't tell you how excited I am that I have that picture now and that opportunity! We knew he was with your mom and he was just so nice and "real" and so humble. What a man of integrity! Born of true royalty! I loved hearing Sandi Patti sing with Lionel Harris "I've just seen Jesus". Oh my it was awesome.
Love to all my sisters
Joanne from NH xo

P.S. I will be going to the LPL conference in RI next week and can't wait but am very nervous. Pray f/me please!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Kathy E said...

Hey AJ:
I know what you mean about loving Sandi Patti. In 1995, Gary Driskell(who wrote the song & won a Dove Award for "Another Time, Another Place", sang at my wedding. I just kept saying, "I can't BELIEVE that you (Gary) ACTUALLY wrote a song that Sandi Patti recorded and you ACTUALLY got to "meet" her. I just kept thinking to myself, "Well, I guess this is "as close" to Sandi Patti that I will ever get. What a voice that our Lord has blessed her with.
Love from your Siesta in Lathrop, Missouri!!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 10:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I used to sing "The Friendship Company" songs with my now 23 year old son on a quite regular basis as well!! Oh what fun memories you just brought back for a mom who is missing her son who just started his second year in Houston with TeachforAmerica.
Hope you will continue the tradition with Jackson...some Mommy and Granny dancin'!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Bethany said...

I just had to smile. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, but I was a member of a Sandi Patti friendship club when I was a kid. We got all sorts of cool stuff in the mail and were hooked up with pen pals around the country. When I was about 8 or 9 I got up on stage to sing with Sandi Patti and the Gaithers. Her parents sang at my church half a dozen times as well.

I love that she's such a public testimony to God's redemption.

 
At August 14, 2007 at 3:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with anonymous here... I too was at the WOF in Ft Lauderdale. SP seemed blown away by that response...

It is funny how women do not need to finish sentences when they are together talking, my son was standing around while several of my friends and I were talking and after about 20 min he asked, " How can you know what you are talking about, no one ever finishes their sentences!!" ( he is 10). We laughed, we have the common universal language of sisterhood!! PTL!!!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 4:24 AM , Blogger Little Steps Of Faith said...

Amanda,

I didn't know who Sandi Patty was until I became a Christian. My friend was her limo driver once;
she loved her, and she said Sandi was real nice.

See, for me, I would be that way with Avalon, I have seen them in concert like 3 times, but its still the same way, I still get knocked to my knees when they sing.
I have my own movements to each of their songs lol.

My friend was a dj awhile back, and I knew she was interviewing them, so I told her to say something for me.(I didn't think she actualyl would),
so I am listening, and hear,
" There is this girl I know, her name is Angie, and she absolutely loves you guys, I watched her cry through your whole concert, and when we play your music she always calls. You are such a role models to her."

Yes, thanks my friend made me look obsessed lol.


I do rememebr watching a WOF on tv, and Sandi Patty came over and hit Natalie Grant on the face for singing and holding such a high note. It was cute.

 
At August 14, 2007 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Sweet's Mom said...

Oh, Amanda, I was not raised in the Godly environment you were (though, praise HIM, it was a good environment nonetheless), so I cannot relate to your specific jealousies here. :)

However, I know how it is when you're a young mom and all the older moms and single women and grannies get to go do these glorious things in Christ that YOU CANNOT DO. It's a Godly jealousy, but it still burns.

We'll get our chance, siesta!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny! I grew up on "contemporary Christian music" with Sandi Patty and Amy Grant. Wow - have times changed!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 8:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, can i just say that EVERYTIME i hear 'another time another place' i still sing at the top of my lungs (if i'm alone) and tears run down my face. i was a highschooler when i went to hear her concert and it was so so SO special to me. and ... love in any language??? holy cow ... i haven't heard that song in forever! i'll be singing it all day long and looking it up on i-tunes!
thanks amanda! :)

 
At August 14, 2007 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Darla said...

Sandi Patti just gets better and better! saw her with WOF last fall. Amanda, you and your mom are the sweetest! I love that you share so much of yourself with us. maybe you will be able to come to RI with your mom, and we can have a siesta party! I missed WOF this year, but the better is...I get to go see Living proof live soon!! I am so excited that i am driving every one crazy! better contain myself I still have 9 days until I leave, and 10 days til LPL!

i would totally lose my mind to meet the Moore Princess'..I am so in agreeance with Teri!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Charity said...

It was amazing to hear Sandi sing!! My soul moved!! No, it JUMPED, it was replenished - her version of Oh Mighty Fortress was just amazing!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Amanda- you crack me up! And your song at the end gave me a flashback to youth camp, with my arms around my friends' shoulders swaying back and forth ;-)

I guess I'll have that stuck in my head all day now :-)

 
At August 14, 2007 at 9:35 AM , Blogger 1sam712 said...

That is so precious! It is so good to have a place to come together and laugh with the joy of the Lord!!! Sometimes following Him can be a quiet place - meaning it is difficult to find those who have the kind of laughter that can come from a victorious life. Thank you, Moore family, for giving us all a place to connect in the love of the Father.

 
At August 14, 2007 at 9:51 AM , Blogger THE SMITHS said...

ROTFL :)

 
At August 14, 2007 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Pam said...

Oh Amanda! It was fabulous, and we surely did miss having you share the experience with us.

We loved the Friendship Company around our house, too. We had it in our dorm room in college, just to remind us of home.

 
At August 14, 2007 at 10:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to confess - I travel with my job quite a bit, and whenever I have a connection in Houston I am on high alert for a Beth Moore siting!!! Thanks to Mama Beth I not only read the Bible, but I read commentaries. In her studies I see what reference books she has noted, and I do additional research. I'm just certain some day I will see her in the airport and be able to thank her in person for her teaching ability and the way she has helped me to do study and research on my own. Of course I'll scream first, and ask her about her amazing hair too :-)

Thank you for your ministry!

Susan

 
At August 14, 2007 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Lisa Pierre said...

SOMEBODY has to have a cell phone or camera recording of this wonderful moment in time, Yes???? Can it get posted please?????? I asked Travis already.

 
At August 14, 2007 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Darlene R. said...

Oh girl, tell me about it! My husband is taking me on the KT and Friends cruise in February and Sandi Patty will be there!! I have listened to her since I was like 10! I am soooo excited.... on a cruise with Sandi Patty....can't wait!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth and Amanda,

I was at the Atlanta conference and it was AWESOME!! I took a group of ladies from our church whom had never been to a WOF or LPM event before and they LOVED it! We are already making plans to see Beth in Jacksonville, Fl in March.

The Lord spoke to all of us this weekend! Beth, thank you for being a willing vessel!! I also would love to have a copy of the commisioning if you could post it.

Love you Siestas!
Donna

 
At August 14, 2007 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Heather Bug said...

I love it! I remember the Friendship Company tape. How much fun!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Kate said...

That's funny...your conversations sound like me and my best friend when we get on the phone.

I would have been WAY excited too...I've listened to Sandi P since I was 15...followed her story too, she's pretty awesome.

I went to a WOF conference a few years ago...it was exciting! I'm going to the pre-conference in Denver next month...and I'm REALLY looking forward to it! Was a bit much to attend both, so I'll make the most out of the pre-conf...it has my all time favorite speaker anyway! :)

Many blessings to ya!
K.

 
At August 14, 2007 at 12:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with others that meeting any of the Moore clan would have the same affect on me. I would dearly love to meet Beth and hug her neck, but I fear that I would just be a blubbering puddle on the floor - unable to speak. Not because I idolize her, but because she has blessed my life!

Anyway, somebody mentioned Sandi Patty's version of 'We Shall Behold Him', which was written by Dottie Rambo. When I was a little girl, I would listen to my Mom's southern gospel records and I absolutely loved Dottie Rambo's song 'I will lift you there'. I would dream of being able to stand on a mountaintop and sing that song straight to heaven. Because of course God might not be able to hear me sitting on my bed in my room! Loved those songs that make you want to stand up and shout. Still do! But I also love artists such as Fernando Ortega whose songs bring me to my knees as I contemplate the Holiness of our God. Worship has always been my most favorite thing on this earth, even when I was a messed up little girl, much like Beth.

 
At August 14, 2007 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Ya'll just crack me up!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 1:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Howdy friend, come on in...to the Friendship Company!" I actually DID meet Sandi Patty once...but was too intimidated to tell her I loved that tape!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Darlene R. said...

Okay, I'm writing again because I have been singing "Love in any Language" ALL AFTERNOON!!! :)
I'll let you in on a little secret...i have her "definitive collection" cd on my ipod! ;)

 
At August 14, 2007 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Heather said...

OK- WOW! I don't know how I skipped over it before but TRAVIS COTTRELL commented on this blog!!! If it wasn't naptime I'd start screaming now!!!

Travis- I love your music and I really enjoyed seeing you live at Shreveport with Beth this year!!! I have all your cd's in my car and my kids love to sing along- you should hear them do "Friend of God" ';-) Your ministry is such a blessing!!!!

AAAGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Ok, I feel better now! Hi Travis!!!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 3:17 PM , Blogger NikkiPoppins said...

Amanda, that totally made me laugh out loud!! I remember singing Sandy Patti when I was little bitty! Trying to hold out the notes as long as she did. My dad was a big Steve Green/Larnelle Harris guy so we sang all the time. I saw her in concert when I was little and I wouldn't go up on stage when she called all the kids up. My little sister did and Sandi kept her on stage after all the other kids left. Ryan(my sister)was just 4. She sang and talked to Sandy. Ryan had all the songs memorized and it cracked Sandy up. Sandy gave Ryan a tshirt for Love in Any Language and I was soo jealous. And then a couple of years ago, I got to meet her at the Dove Awards and had my picture made with her. She was soo sweet!! Oh the memories of Sandy Patti! I can't think about childhood without thinking of her!!
Thanks for bringing all those memories back!!
Nikki

 
At August 14, 2007 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Anna said...

I love the friendship company!!!!!!!!!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 4:21 PM , Blogger holly said...

Amanda!
I was there Fri night and Saturday for WOF, and I was totally reminicing (sp?) about being a member of the Sandi Patti Kids Club! Did you have a pen pal, too? Some of my girlfriends sang "That's the Love of God" in church when we were like 8 or 9 years old! Oh, the good ole days!
Love,
Holly, Ga

 
At August 14, 2007 at 6:14 PM , Blogger A Place For Ministry Wives/A Place For Me said...

That is just flat out stinkin' hilarious.

 
At August 14, 2007 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

Wow! FRIENDSHIP COMPANY! I think we actually had a record album of that. We loved it!!

 
At August 14, 2007 at 9:50 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

The Frienddhip Company...Oh my goodness, that was the best. And my sisters and I used to make up dances to Love in any Language. I love her too! One time when I was little, probably like 3 or 4, (yes, I still remember it), we went to a concert of hers and she asked all the kids to come up on stage and sing with her. AAAHHH! So, I went up there with my mom and Sandi Patty waved at me. I mean, she looked right at me, kinda bent down, smiled and waved at me! I was thrilled! :) Gotta love her!

 
At August 15, 2007 at 6:56 AM , Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Okay, I could barely get past the sweet way you two greeted one another...My mom would croak before she called me 'sweet darlin!'

love how you love..:)

 
At August 15, 2007 at 7:41 PM , Blogger kayro said...

Oh I would have freaked out to. I love to hear the word in song and to be able to meet the people who bring you so much joy in Jesus would be totally awesome. Amanda I think its great to have a mother daughter relationship like that, I have a 28 year old daughter and she's great. lots of love.

 
At August 16, 2007 at 1:22 AM , Blogger Faith said...

LOL. Adorable! So sorry you missed it though, sweet girl. :(

Je t'aime, te amo, ya tybya lyublu, ani ohevet othka, I love you ...

 
At August 16, 2007 at 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what wonderful memories Sandi Patty brings to mind.. my 3 girls now 29, 27, and 25 grew up listening to, singing with and loving her along with me. I was blessed to see her in concert twice. Amanda thank you for having this blog and maintaining it...it is such a joy to hear from you and your precious mom often and to feel so connected! By the way, my 27 year old, Sarah, was married the exact same day as you and Curt, and she will be delivering her second child tomorrow! Would appreciate prayers for safe, normal delivery and healthy baby Macy!!
Martha in MS

 
At August 16, 2007 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Mel @ Studio MCA Designs said...

It is funny how certain things seem like THE ULTIMATE! This momma's dream come true would be for my daughter to get to sing with Travis and the praise team. I might just think I had died and gone to heaven!!! :-)

 
At August 17, 2007 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Connie Barris said...

Yes... and I thought I had died. And stood before the doors of Heaven... hearing voices of pure heavenly angels..

The building shook, as my heart went into some newly undiagnosed medical arrhythmia that took my breath away.

I must say, I have never experienced such pure talent as this past weekend at the WOF conference.

Thank you

 
At August 22, 2007 at 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post made me laugh so hard! One of my "claim to fames" is when I was 12, I got to sing with Sandi Patty on stage. (Ok, she did ask ALL the kids 12 and under to come up and sing with her during her concert. but still....) Growing up, we listened to her ALL THE TIME!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home