Monday, July 23, 2007

Bible Study Bulletin Board

First of all, thank you for praying, ladies! My grandpa did not end up needing that surgery yesterday. We were all thrilled! He is not out of the woods yet, so please continue to pray for him as the Lord brings him to mind. Also, my mom's flare up is gone. Praise God! Thanks for going to battle with us over those things.

Second, I want to let you know about the Bible Study Bulletin Board on our web site. We created it several years ago to help women find Bible study groups meeting in their communities. We were getting lots of emails from women who were relocating to new cities and wanted to plug into new groups right away. We also heard from many ladies who were attending churches that didn't offer Beth Moore studies and wanted to know where they could find one.

If you are the leader of a fall Bible study group and you would welcome members you do not already know, we would love for you to register your group online. If you are not the leader but think this sounds great, please let your leader know about this opportunity to reach out to women who are hungry for the Word.

Please know that once your entry is submitted, I can't edit it. I can delete it, but I cannot make any changes to it. Also, be sure to read the guidelines before you register or choose a group.

If you have connected with a Bible study group using our bulletin board, we'd love to hear from you on the blog today!

52 Comments:

At July 24, 2007 at 11:11 AM , Blogger jennyhope said...

I have actually had several people come to bible study because of this and I am going to go sign my fall study up now.

-jenny williams, pelham al

 
At July 24, 2007 at 11:15 AM , Blogger jennyhope said...

It wouldn't let me post Wising up on the drop down bar in the bible study bulletin. thanks

 
At July 24, 2007 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

I just added Wising Up. Thanks so much!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Amanda - We have a great testimony at our group about the power of the Bulletin Board. We have a large church (about 7,000 members), but just got started with Beth Moore studies recently. Our first one is Breaking Free and we are almost finished. It has been phenomenal! We have one lady whose husband is stationed at Ft. Benning and found us through your bulletin board. She was not plugged into a church and was completely new to town. She didn't know anyone, but knew she wanted to find a Beth Moore study group. She sent us an email through your website and ended up coming to the study. When we reached the week where we discussed loss, she was able to share a powerful testimony of how she lost her brother to cancer and even battled cancer herself. We know that God sent her to our group and her testimony touched lives. Thanks for the bulletin board! God Bless from Cascade Hills Church!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Profbaugh said...

Oh leader please register!! I've been looking for a Beth Moore study to join in my home town.

~Cheryl

 
At July 24, 2007 at 1:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for answered prayer. Praise God Beth's health issue is gone and that your grandpa didn't need the surgery. God is good.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 1:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am living in Ontario, Canada and I was only able to find one registered study in all of Ontario (or in all of Canada, for that matter) which I know is by no means a reflection of who is doing Beth Moore studies, but rather an indication that Canadians just aren't getting on the ball with this bulletin board! It's too bad, as I would be interested in finding a study in my area.

I may get my wish, however, as my bible study leader is currently figuring out what is on the agenda for next fall and we may well do one of Miss Beth's studies. If we do, we'll be sure to post it! Thanks!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 1:48 PM , Blogger connorcolesmom said...

Amanda,
I will go and post my Bible study now ! I had no idea about this bulletin board thanks for the heads up!!
I look forward to having new ladies attend :)
Kim

 
At July 24, 2007 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Katie said...

That is such a great tool! I checked as soon as we got transfered to Connecticut. I knew we were in trouble where I searched the entire state and not one study popped up. So if there is anyone in CT...
Also, Amanda, I wanted to thank you for all the effort you put in keeping this blog up! I can only imagine how much time it takes. It is such a blessing, so thanks for all your work!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Mary Watkins said...

Hey Amanda,
My church has had great results using the LPM Belletin Board. We will continue to use it in the future.

We have several Beth Moore studies that we would like to revisit. Our church is growing and there are many women out there who missed various studies the first time around.

I am praying for your mom and dad as they leave for Angola tomorrow.
May the Lord lead them every step of the way, protect them and show Himself mighty in the white fields of Africa.

I can't wait to hear all the details of their trip when they come home.

Hugs

 
At July 24, 2007 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Patty said...

I will add my study. I would love to have ladies attend our class. We affectionaly call it "The Beth Moore" class. We have had our class for 10 years and God has truly blessed each study we have done. Thank you for the reminder.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Leah Adams said...

Amanda,

Just a question, please. My group usually does Beth studies but right now we are fresh out until Psalms comes out. We've done 'em all at least once and some more than once. We are going to do a Jennifer Rothschild this fall, which we are very excited about. Can we post for studies other than Beth?

Thanks so much for all the time, work and energy you put into this blog. You are the best!!

Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com

 
At July 24, 2007 at 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I think this is a wonderful idea. So wonderful. I just searched for one in the Harrisburg, PA area and didn't find one but will continue to search. Our church just finished A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place and I am ready to do another one, Beth is so amazing. If our church would decide to do another one of her studies, I will surely post it here, I think this is so amazing. God Bless You All!!!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Bobbie said...

Thanks for the update on your Pappaw, so glad he didn't need surgery! Our prayers for healing will continue. Give your Mom & Dad a hug and tell them to travel safe for all of us! They will be in our prayers, too.

I will definitely watch the Bible study BB when we move to College Station next Fall! I'm sure someone there will have one. This is an awesome tool for those of us going through a move. Thank you!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 2:46 PM , Blogger sammie said...

I am so glad you did this post Amanda. I'm from Ohio and found a study very close to me starting in Sept.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 2:49 PM , Blogger annette said...

I am sorry that your grandpa isn't back 100% yet, and am still praying for your parents trip Friday to Angola. I know they will be covered in prayer and blessing for their missionary work with the Robisons.It would be wonderful for your dad to have the peace that your grandfather is okay before they leave, though, so that is what I am praying that their eyes may be focused solely on Him and His children in need.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 3:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any leaders in the Long Island NY area (Nassau or Suffolk county), please post it on the BB. I have yet to find one since I moved from Atlanta. I have done most of the Beth Moore studies using the workbook alone.
Thanks in advance.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Marilyn said...

I posted our Daniel study details on the bulletin board and a lady who had just relocated here (FL)from Minnesota called me and asked if she could attend. I said of course! She hasn't found a church home yet. We are praying for her husband since she's not sure of his salvation. She said he was raised catholic and as far as she knows has never made a profession of faith. Thank you for the bulletin board!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 3:40 PM , Blogger Stefani said...

Last summer I went on the Bible Study Bulletin Board and found a nearby church doing the Daniel study. I was a little nervous going to a church I'd never visited before (let alone ever considered for a church home). I fell in love with the study, and with the wonderful group of ladies in the study. My husband and I started attending regularly on Sundays and then ended up joining the church! A few weeks ago I reminded our Women's Ministry coordinator to make sure she posted the upcoming Beth Moore fall studies on the LPM BB--if she wouldn't have done it last year, our family wouldn't be in this church!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Heather Bug said...

I'll have to let my leader know because my city is not on there and I am doing a Beth Moore Bible study this fall with our church. There are always spots for more women. So glad your mom is feeling better. I just read the last entry about your city. I laughed out loud about the iguana!!! HA! Have a fabulous day!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Shelly said...

OHH!!!!!!!!! PRAISING HIM FOR your Mom's 'flare up' ceasing and your grandpa not needing surgery. I will continue to lift all of you up to the One who is able to keep that which we have committed to Him. I know He knows your every need. Thanks for the update Amanda.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To anonymous in the Long Island NY area (Nassau or Suffolk county): do you know there are 2 Beth Moore studies you can do online through Lifeway? Believing God and Living Beyond Yourself are the two. I did both of them with a friend online during our summers and we'd call each other ever Wednesday evening to discuss homework. We each bought the study and watched the videos on our own and had the goal of having it done every Wednesday to talk.

Also, because of my work schedule, I found I can buy each Daniel video individually from Lifeway and I'm doing that study on my own.

At least you have a few options of workbook and some video if you can't make a group study!

But I do suggest doing it with a group if you have it available in your area. Last year was the first in eight years I could not attend Bible study at our church and I sorely missed the fellowship and group discussions with other women!

Amanda - nothing posted for our city in Raleigh, NC and I know there are studies in the area - including my church. I forwarded the information on to our Bible study leader. Thanks for the note!

Jean

 
At July 24, 2007 at 4:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so funny you mention the Bible Study Bulletin Board as I was just hunting on it for a Beth Moore study near me yesterday and emailed the coordinator for more information. And speaking of bible study, I was just curious about something. What bible does Beth study and teach from?

 
At July 24, 2007 at 5:15 PM , Blogger Ann Jones said...

Hi Amanda , What a great encouragement! We have had several women join our study from finding us on the web site! We started about seven years ago with five ladies gathered around a small T.V. Now,( ten studies later!) We watch on the big screen with about 30 women of all different denominatins. We would love for anyone around the San Fernando Valley in Southern California to join us! Blessings!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Shellie Paparazzo said...

I am so glad to hear that Beth is well and that your grandpa didn't have to have the surgery. I will continue to pray. I don't think my church has ever posted our studies, but we have Beth Moore studies all the time other than the summer. Someone actually asked me once if Trinity Baptist ever did any studies other than Beth Moore. I thought about it and I said "You know. We haven't ever. The interdenominational women's group has done other studies in our building, but Trinity's women's ministry has always done just Beth Moore studies. The interdenominational group just did a Priscilla Shirer study that I think I mentioned before. I said that it was AWESOME! And it was.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 6:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda - will there be any special section of the blog to keep up with the progress of "Esther" when it starts in September?

Jill, Houston TX

 
At July 24, 2007 at 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also wanted to add that I was happy to hear that your Grandpa didn't need that surgery, sorry to hear that he is not 100% yet, I will continue to keep him uplifted in my daily prayers. God Bless You All!!!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 7:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Several years ago, my friends and I did Beth's studies while stationed in AK. We literally moved to all parts of the world for our husbands' next assignments. One of my girlfriends and I each had a copy of the CDs and then we discussed our answers for The Beloved Disciple over e-mail- she was in Guam, I was in Ukraine.

Ladies, if you're not finding what you need on the bulletin board, start one in your home- you can check out videos from area churches, state resource libraries for your denomination, get them discounted on ebay, buy the CDs- there are a lot of options.

Blessings as you study, girls!

 
At July 24, 2007 at 7:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for a study in KC MO and have come up empty- Could a slip be put in with the studies as they are packaged to encourage the leaders- or maybe a bookmark in the leaders book? to post a note on the board.
just a thought

 
At July 24, 2007 at 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter, me, and two friends found a church near us last fall that was listed on your bb. Thanks for all your help. Glad your Mom and grandpaw are doing better. They will continue to be in my prayers.
Bonnie

 
At July 24, 2007 at 10:01 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Amanda, sorry to post twice on this, but I was just reading over some of the comments, and there seems to be a lot of people looking for studies in areas that don't have one (like all of the northeast, it is a destitute land up here!). I being one of them, would be more than happy to start one if I could at least find some people that were interested. Is there any way to make some sort of page adjacent to the Bible Study Bulletin Board where you can search for people in your area that want to be a part of or start a study? Just an idea...

 
At July 24, 2007 at 10:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if you have any prayer requests about your parents' approaching trip to Africa. So glad to hear the news about your grandfather and Beth! Keep up the good work of keeping us informed and encouraged. You're very good at both.

Jan in NC

 
At July 24, 2007 at 11:13 PM , Blogger anita from kansas said...

Just registered our fall study. We used the site this summer and last spring. Our studies have grown from 5 attendees to over 50 in 2 years. We have attendees from local Lutheran, Catholic, non-denominational, Methodist, Presbytarian, Baptist churches. Bless you for all your hard work for the Lord and encouraging community. Praying for angels to encircle LPM (including offsite staffer!).

 
At July 25, 2007 at 1:21 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Amanda
I was wondering if you could post the Bible studies on the BB in Alphabetical order by state and town. I noticed there were several churches in the same town teaching Beth's studies but they were scattered thruout all the post. Thanks for all you do to keep the Blog going. Praying for safe travel for your Mom and Dad and healing for Pawpaw.
Thanks so much,

Carolyn

 
At July 25, 2007 at 3:14 AM , Blogger puzzlepiecesista said...

Amanda Moore-Jones !!!I am sitting here reading this post and am just blown away and amazed at how God works and weaves His plans into being!!! You are so in-tune with the H.S. with regards to the timing of this post.....THIS VERY NIGHT as I was driving home, God and I had one of those "okay God what is your purpose for me in this season in my life and WHAT is it YOU want me to be doing for you. (It was a tears streaming down your cheeks kind of conversation) This year after 22yrs worshipping and serving God in one particular church(and leading many Beth Moore Bible Studies, we heard a clear call from God that He was leading us into new territory and a new church. It has been a real season of change, grieving the past, along with excitement and trepidation as to what God has in store for our future. Tonight as I drove I told God that He was going to have to give me some very clear leading and direction and I said, "you know how I am Lord, I will not move until I have a clear direction from you and I mean your going to have to make it so clear it whacks me smack-dab in the face. I sooo...want to be in the center of His will for my life, that is EVERYTHING to me and as soon as I get home I sit down to check the blog real quick for any prayer updates on the Angola trip and here you are talking about registering fall groups on the Bible Study Bulletin Board and I hear the Holy Spirit nudge me about starting a fall session in my own home or at my new Church (they haven't done any yet). Yesterday I had been checking out the Living Proof site and clicked on the Study Bulletin to check and see if our church was listed...more confirmation...???
Anyways, I'm just sitting here and I can't get this smile:) off my face because God delights me so!!!! I am just saying that the timing of this feels divinely inspired to me, so thank you sooo...sooo...much!!!!!

I am thrilled to hear about your mom's flare-up doing better and that your grandpa didn't need any further surgery. I will be praying that God completes the healing that he has began in him. Isn't our God just HUGE!!!???!!!

I will keep you updated/post on the bulletin once I check with my church and receive further confirmation from the Lord. I think today was a pretty good start!!!

Love you AJ - Keep walkin' and talkin' with Jesus and thanks for listenin too, cause He sure is talkin' to you!!!

I love you all - Please tell your mom and dad I will be praying for travel mercies as they go and I know He has given His Angels charge over them hallelujah!!

Angela in Redmond, WA

 
At July 25, 2007 at 6:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about that, I think it's a great way to get ladies involved. I check it every now and then to see if theres anything in my area but there hasn't been so far.

 
At July 25, 2007 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

At the top it has search fields for city and state. You can also narrow it down by a specific workbook if you'd like to. I hope that helps!

 
At July 25, 2007 at 10:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I didn't know you had this service.

God is leading (ok, PUSHING" LOL!) me to start the Believng God study in our church (and my husband, the pastor, is confirming it). We just have to work out the final details.

Blessings.

Tanya

 
At July 25, 2007 at 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am one of the many who was not aware of this resource. We just finished our second study and are looking to choose our third for fall. If we stay with a Beth Study I be sure we get posted, and I'll pass on the info to our women's ministries leader!

Thanks!!

 
At July 25, 2007 at 11:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joined a study at Parkcrest Church in Long Beach, CA. for the Patriarchs. I keep returning to the bulletin board to see if they will continue this fall. Praying they will continue their Wednesday nights in the fall. I want to join!!

 
At July 25, 2007 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I hope leaders see this and post their studies on here. I've been looking for one in my area and not having tons of luck so far.

 
At July 25, 2007 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Gran Jan said...

I have been wanting to share about the miracle that happened during our "Daniel" study this past spring! It is still so precious to me even now.

As the leader, I have a rule (I don't like to call it that, but in truth it really is a "rule") that I don't like to loan out the DVD's until the whole class has watched the sessions. Then if someone misses the class they can check it out later.

Well, I broke my rule because a sweet senior citizen named Mrs. Faye is so precious, so I let her have the DVD early!

As things turned out, sweet Mrs. Faye "misplaced" the DVD and we looked over our entire church because she just knew she had brought it back with her to choir practice that night. We could not find it, so she bought another entire kit from Lifeway because we needed the DVD the next week.

About 3 weeks later, a lady came up to me in church and said "my husband found this DVD outside (unscratched)in the parking lot of his office (5 miles from our church - have no idea how it got there), and aren't the ladies doing this Beth Moore study right now?" I SNATCHED it out of her hand and screamed! Yes, it was our missing DVD.

Fast forward - we now have two complete DANIEL sets to our name! Mrs. Faye, who had originally lost the DVD was at her hairdresser having her hair done as precious senior ladies do here in the South. This hairdresser teaches Bible studies to women in prison.

Mrs. Felicia (the hairdresser) casually mentioned that the ladies in prison were asking if there was a study out on the book of Daniel!!!

"Yes," Mrs. Faye screamed, "we have the study - we have the material!"

So because I broke my rule and loaned the DVD, because it was lost, because it was found after we had already replaced it, because a man paid attention to the church bulletin with the Bible study announcements, because he bent over to pick it up off the ground, because some ladies in prison wanted to study Daniel, because Mrs. Faye's hairdresser wanted to help, and because Beth is so awesome to write, and because GOD IS IN CONTROL OF THE EVENTS OF OUR LIVES, all this came about!!!

Now is that a marvelous thing? We are still rejoicing!!!

Faith in the Fire!!!
Georgia Jan

 
At July 25, 2007 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Little Steps Of Faith said...

Hola Siestas!

I hope all is well for you:)

Good word Beth, on Life Today.

I have been praying, and won't stop PROMISE!

Trust and Believe.

Here is the famous message from
" Believing God"

" Shield Of Faith:

1. God is who He says He is
2. God can do what He says He can do
3. I am who God says I am
4. I can do all things through Christ
5. God's word is alive, and active in me.

I'm Believing God!"

Amen to that Siestas!

Angie

 
At July 26, 2007 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I learned about the Paul study on the bible study bulletin board. It was definately of the Lord that I did because a friend told me about it. I was then able to attend at a different church which allows me to fellowship with ladies I would never fellowship with, and it takes me out of my serving duties at my church. I am free to go and just be ministered to!! That means a lot when at your own church you minister all day Sunday and evenings during the week.

Thanks Beth. I am encouraged, challenged and inspired by you. God has a great work for you and is using you to enliven and purpose others to do the same. May God be glorified!!

 
At July 26, 2007 at 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jean,

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for mentioning that oyu can do those studies on Lifeway. I went and checked it out and ordered the Believing God study (and I have to say I was surprised how cheap it was...) and I'm super excited to do it. I've felt in a bit of a slump with my stdying since bible study has been on hold for the summer, so this should be awesome. Thanks! And thanks, LivingProof, for making those studies available online.

 
At July 26, 2007 at 2:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing beth in atlanta soon. is she already in Africa?

Jan in NC

 
At July 26, 2007 at 5:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our ladies meant last night and I think that everyone is up for another Beth study, I am so excited, we are taking August off. If we do decide then I will be sure to post it here. Is there anywhere that I can find a list with all Beth's studies to help us make our choice. I am thrilled that they all want to do another Beth study!!!!

 
At July 26, 2007 at 7:56 PM , Blogger Fishing Without Worms said...

Hi Amanda,
How can I "read the bulletin" to find out if a certain church is doing a Beth Moore study?
When I click on Bulletin Board the comments come up.
Hope you can answer this.
You can just post a comment on this blog and I will read it.
Thanks...Mary Ann

 
At July 26, 2007 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

I have been posting our Bible studies on the website since I started leading them a few years ago in my home. I don't know if I got any new women to come because they saw it posted there, but I did get an email from someone who thought I was someone they went to school with. (I wasn't the person, but we did have a lovely chat.) When I started the studies I had eight women in my home. At the last study held at my church, we had 150 women! Right now we are are doing "When Godly People Do Ungodly Things" as our summer study. I thought it would be a much smaller group because of summer and all, but we had 83 women there this past Monday night! I am amazed at that! Women are hungry for the Word and for fellowship. Thank you so much, Beth, for listening to God and sharing what He is teaching you with all of us. You have a bunch of sisters here in the northwest corner of Washington state. We are praying for you and your ministry.

 
At July 26, 2007 at 9:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicole in NY - you are going to be so BLESSED doing Believing God. One of my all time favorites. God is good! :)

 
At July 26, 2007 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Healed By His Grace said...

Amanda,
I will post our fall study on this bulletin board. How lovely and what a service to so many. Didn't know about it. Thanks for giving us this information!

 
At July 28, 2007 at 12:20 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

Hi Amanda,
I went onto the Bible Study Bulletin Board and put in my city and state and nothing came up. So o.k. I start typing in area towns-nothing, sooo I just put in my STATE and again nothing! What's up with that?! Is there no study's happening in NH???? Oh bother!
Joanne in NH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home