Thursday, July 26, 2007

Prayer for Angola Trip

Hi, sisters!
This is the Africa trip prayer memo that will be emailed to our prayer warriors either this evening or tomorrow morning. Also, I have loved adding so many of your Bible studies to our Bulletin Board! Thanks and keep 'em coming!
Love,
Amanda


Friday morning Keith and Beth will depart for a mission trip to Angola, Africa. They are partnering with LIFE Outreach International (www.LifeToday.org), a ministry that has touched countless lives worldwide through its humanitarian relief programs. This wonderful and effective ministry graciously hosts Beth every Wednesday on its television program, LIFE Today with James and Betty Robison.

Beth and Keith will arrive in South Africa on July 28 and proceed to Angola the next day. In Angola, the team will visit and serve at six “Mission Feeding” sites. LOI currently feeds over 400,000 African children every month through its Mission Feeding program. They will also visit two malnutrition clinics and two villages where they are not currently feeding in order to show the major need for food in those areas. The team will visit four additional sites for the “Water for LIFE” ministry. This ministry uses portable drilling rigs to dig wells that provide clean drinking water to communities. Throughout the week, the team will be taping footage of the feeding and water programs in order to help raise financial support for these ministries. The Moores will return to South Africa on August 2 and begin the trip home on August 5.

We covet your prayers for Beth and Keith and the entire mission team as they serve our Father in Africa.

Please pray…
-For peaceful, on-time flights. Storms have been forecasted for Houston for Friday morning.
-For Beth to be able to write during the plane rides.
-For perfect health during and after the trip.
-For a quick adjustment to the time change.
-For physical, emotional, and spiritual strength.
-For safety.
-For the entire team to be anointed to wash the feet of the people they encounter.
-For Christ to be glorified as physical and spiritual needs are met in His name.
-For lives to be changed.
-For this trip to result in increased financial support for these important humanitarian programs.
-For God to bind the enemy from having any influence over this trip.
-For God’s peace to rest on every family member and co-worker left behind.
-For the camera equipment to work perfectly.

Beth’s number one prayer request is for Jesus to so overwhelm them with love that it would carry them through the many difficult sights and emotions they will face. Beth wants to feel what Jesus feels for these dearly beloved people. She wants love to be the strongest emotion she has. Thank you so very, very much for taking these matters before the throne. God bless you, Dear One!

40 Comments:

At July 26, 2007 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Heather said...

We are surely praying!

 
At July 26, 2007 at 5:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I would be praying. I will be praying for all the request listed. I hope that you will be able to keep us updated Amanda, and I can't wait to hear a report from Beth when they return home. I am sure that love will the the strongest emotion of the trip, that will be my prayer, it always is with Jesus. Praying, praying, and praying!!!

 
At July 26, 2007 at 5:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will certainly being praying for Beth and Keith on their trip.

My mother passed away two weeks ago tomorrow (Friday) and my father had a stroke the same day and will be in rehab until at least the 14th. So, I have been out of touch and am feeling so at peace to look at this wonderful blog once again.

A belated happy birthday to Melissa.

Thank you for sharing so much with us, during my loss and diffiuclt times these past few weeks it has certainly been a blessing to me.

 
At July 26, 2007 at 6:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying. Thank you for the specific prayer requests. The needs of the Angolans are huge, but nothing is too difficult for the Lord. I am thanking the Lord already for the answered prayers "on this side of the Red Sea." No need to wait until we reach the other side in order to praise Him for victory.
Much love,
Paulette in East Texas

 
At July 26, 2007 at 6:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely & prayin He will bless their socks off!
lovin life in Him-lisa

 
At July 26, 2007 at 6:46 PM , Blogger DeDe said...

May God show Himself BIG in and through the team. And His amazing anointing rest on Keith and Beth as they become Jesus' hands and feet. May love be the bridge that gaps between the cultures. YOU - Jesus carry them on this journey! Increditable grace poured out in Jesus name, AMEN!

 
At July 26, 2007 at 7:00 PM , Blogger kat said...

I will be praying! May God's love be like a beacon shining through the team to everyone they come in contact with. May God, through the power of the Holy Spirit, grant them all the wisdom and discernment that is needed...and may the love and compassion flow freely from the Father through each of the team to those that they are serving.

Thanks for keeping us posted Amanda!

kat

 
At July 26, 2007 at 7:04 PM , Blogger gigetgirl said...

Psalm 105
God's Faithfulness to His People
1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name;
proclaim His deeds among the peoples. (A)
2 Sing to Him, sing praise to Him;
tell about all His wonderful works! (B)

3 Honor His holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. (C)

4 Search for the LORD and for His strength;
seek His face always. (D)

5 Remember the wonderful works He has done,
His wonders, and the judgments He has pronounced, (E) [a]

6 You offspring of Abraham His servant,
Jacob's descendants —His chosen ones. (F)

7 He is the LORD our God;
His judgments [govern] the whole earth. (G)

8 He forever remembers His covenant,
the promise He ordained
for a thousand generations



FOR HE IS THE MIGHTY GOD ABOVE ALL OTHERS! PRAISE THE NAME SHAMA.

GOD COME NOW AND DO WHAT IT IS YOU ARE ABOUT IN AFRICA!

HOLY,HOLY,HOLY THE ONE LIVING GOD.

GLORY!
AMEN
AMEN

 
At July 26, 2007 at 7:18 PM , Blogger jennyhope said...

praying and i have already had people contact me about the next bible study from the board!! YEAH!!!

 
At July 26, 2007 at 7:40 PM , Blogger debra parker said...

I will be praying. May God richly bless your time together with him.

 
At July 26, 2007 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Shellie Paparazzo said...

I will definitely be praying for all of you.

 
At July 26, 2007 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

"-For the entire team to be anointed to wash the feet of the people they encounter."

This is why I love this ministry! True servants of the Most High! It is incredibly refreshing to see, and an honor to pray for such humble servants.

 
At July 26, 2007 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Mary Watkins said...

Amanda,
You can count on my prayers for every request.

Blessings

 
At July 26, 2007 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Melana said...

I have already printed out the requests and I will be praying. Again, thank-you for the privilege of praying for you.

 
At July 26, 2007 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

I will be praying for each specific need. Let our Sweet Jesus wash his love over all. Thank you Amanda for letting us know exactly how we need to pray.

 
At July 26, 2007 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Little Steps Of Faith said...

I shared with some of the siestas that I had a dream about Beth going on the plane to Angola; it was insane, and I got to search for junk food with her...very strange, but maybe the message is, make sure she's got plenty of junk food:)

Milky ways, chocolate chip cookies, and m&ms are always a fav for me:)

I will surely be praying:)

Angie

P.S- Kathy my thoughts and prayers are with you in this hard time of your life. Feel free to email me if you'd like. God is BIG enough!

 
At July 26, 2007 at 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, I will be praying for the trip and all the needs that you have listed. What a honor to go before the father with these request. I will also share this with our Bible study group.
"For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 3:14
Praying without ceasing.
Wilma your TN sister

 
At July 26, 2007 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying! :-)

Kara

 
At July 26, 2007 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Will they also see and minister to missionaries there? We have friends in S. Africa who serve with YWAM. Just curious!

Praying for every need...printing it out for our family to pray continually over this special and annointed time.
Love in Jesus' Name,
Holly

 
At July 26, 2007 at 9:49 PM , Blogger Emmy said...

It will be my HONOR to pray! I will also be praying for you and Melissa! I know it is always hard to have your parents so far away! You all are so precious to share your parents with so many! I know sometimes that must be hard! I thank you both for the sacrifice!...I promise I will be lifting All of you up! GBY! Emmy : )

 
At July 26, 2007 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I can just see HIM watching you with such a tender heart as HE works through you to show that HE IS. Doing what He says. Thank you, LORD. Keeping you all close in prayer.

"...said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."" (John 2:5)

 
At July 26, 2007 at 9:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to be praying as asked! Such a glorious opportunity for the team traveling to Africa.

On aother note, was I just dreaming, or was there a post about Jackson praise dancing with Granny that has now disappeared?

 
At July 26, 2007 at 10:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us join you in prayer for all the Lord is going to do in and through your lives...
"whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me"

no siestas here... prayer instead!

 
At July 26, 2007 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Kari said...

Praying!!!

Praise You Jesus!!!
k

 
At July 26, 2007 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Laura said...

I am praying for you Beth and Keith. What a ministry...
Blessings and prayers...

 
At July 26, 2007 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Healed By His Grace said...

Dear Amanda,
Most assuredly I have all of the team in my prayers. Just a note to you...I have signed up several times in the past months to be a prayer warrior, but have never received a confirmation or anything specific to pray for LPM. Still I have prayed for all of you anyway.

May the Joy of the Lord be the strength of Beth, Keith, Betty and Jim and the cameramen. May they be the Love of Jesus to all those they see and may their compassion be that of the Savior's. And may the Holy Spirit so move in the team that healing will be miraculous amongst the peoples. God bless and travel with angels to all. Much love to all of you going on the trip and to all of you left behind.

 
At July 27, 2007 at 3:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth and Keith and family --- have all been lifted up in prayer at 3:30 a.m. in Weatherford, Texas. May you be surrounded by angels and covered with the annointing of Jesus! Amanda --- praying for you as well. You are such a "good kid!"

P.S. to Kathy -- I am praying for you as well. I have been in a similar situation as you for the past three months, only with my husband, not parents. I KNOW what it feels like to go "underground" for months and come out on the other side and needing some outside contact.


Jackie

 
At July 27, 2007 at 6:02 AM , Blogger GratefulBambina said...

thank you for this awesome privilege. I'm praying for you Beth and Keith!!!

in His tender love.
maria cristina

 
At July 27, 2007 at 6:37 AM , Blogger LOVE, MERCY AND GRACE...GOD'S GRACE said...

Lifting all of you in Prayer, asking God's protection all along the way...claiming Victory over Satan as you go to serve Christ. May many be touched and find Jesus through your love of Him.

 
At July 27, 2007 at 6:41 AM , Blogger Patty said...

Yes, I will be praying for them. It is my joy and honor to pray for Beth and Keith!! What a ministry and a mission trip to participate in. May God move the storms away from Houston today so that their flight can take off and be on time. Praising God already for answering our prayers and meeting ALL of their needs.

 
At July 27, 2007 at 8:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying....

 
At July 27, 2007 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

I think this is such a wonderful ministry, but I know how much this must tug at your Momma's heart, seeing those children suffer. I cannot even imagine. Praying for her strength (and your Daddy's), and for all the things that were requested.

 
At July 27, 2007 at 12:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have just added Beth, Keith and their team to our prayer list. Five friends from our church are also on their way to South Africa today!! From South Africa our team will be in Zambia. Our prayers are going up for everyone following the Great Commission and reaching out to the ends of the Earth! How exciting....can't wait to hear and read the reports from both teams we are praying for! GO GOD!!

 
At July 28, 2007 at 1:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I continue to pray over this trip, the cry of my heart has overwhelmingly been - JESUS YOUR will be done!!! In every minute of it. I know HE is able, & believe HE will.
& to all the dear sisters- May HIS very best be ours....Eph 3.
mistie woods - abliene

 
At July 28, 2007 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Nancy Hamilton said...

Our Lord Jesus has gone before you Beth and Keith, may you be HIS city set on a hill to shine to those who are desperately wanting hope!

 
At July 28, 2007 at 9:52 AM , Blogger twinkle said...

Oh Ancient of Days,
speak to hearts without hope...
set on fire hearts of stone...
open eyes blinded by discouragement...
reveal TRUTH to veiled minds...
break open closed doors...
trample underfoot every enemy of God's Perfect Plan...
empower these servants on mission...
may God's Work be done for His Glory.
In Jesus Name.
Amen.

 
At July 28, 2007 at 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The opportunity to intercede is a blessing. I will also pray for the entire team and for Beth to overflow with love toward those to whom she will minister. After seeing footage on Life Today from previous mission work , I can see that love would certainly be a priority to share but so many, many other human emotions could creep in to crowd one's mind (sympathy, compassion, frustration). I pray the team would have a physical sense of God's presence in each moment of their work. That He truly would enable them to be His hands, His voice, His feet as they share His love to the people in Angola.

I look forward to testimonies of God's goodness upon their return. Blessings! Jill

 
At July 28, 2007 at 7:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for the whole missionary team; Beth, Keith, James, Betty, etc. We love you, Miss Beth !

Lord God, please grant this missionary team [You know the rest of their names, O God]. I pray that You will do mighty things through this special group of missionaries, Father, for only You can. Please shower Your love over the entire team, sweet Jesus, and Lord, please draw some of these dear Angolans to Yourself while they are there. Please help every one of them to stay healthy there and after they come home. Please plant Scriptures and songs in their hearts, O God of Jacob. Let them teach these precious people just how much they love them, but moreso, how much YOU love them, and will be with them forever when they so learn about You, and choose to ask You into their hearts.

I've seen some of the footage on Life Today from their previous trip there, and it seems like those areas are so desolate, Lord. Please bring these people not only food and water, but Living Water, so that they may know You as I do. As the Comforter of my soul, the King of Kings, my Mighty God, my Provider, etc., etc. And, I am believing You, O God, for all of the things on that list and more to happen during and after their special trip. Give them each at least one memory that will last them a lifetime, Lord Jesus! Help them teach the children about You and to tell them about how You want to take over their sweet lives and hearts, so that even in the dreariest of conditions, that they may know that our God is a God of Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and lastly, self-control.

Please help each member of the team to go above and beyond their capabilities to work and to share the Gospel with these people, O God. Please be with each one of them, too, Lord, and make Your precious known vibrantly, Lord Jesus, so that no man may boast, but only of You and Your faithfulness in those places.

Please give them all safety throughout their journeys, and please bring our dear Beth, Keith, James and Betty back home to Texas, and the others back safely to their homes, too, please Lord. You know how much we love them, Lord. They have become very dear to those of us who watch Life Today on TV or online, Lord. Love them so that they may love these dear sweet people in Your name. In Jesus' name I pray these things, Amen

Jennifer O.

Southern Wisconsin

 
At August 8, 2007 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This Month I am experincing my first Beth Moore bible study. In one of my favorite books. The book of Daniel. Followed by your teachings! You crack me up! I have been married 28 years also! No grand children yet. Let me tell you I appreciate all I have learned thus far. We are in week 10 and Praise God most of our study group will be attending at the Phillips Arena! GOD BLESS YOU YOUR FAMILY & YOUR MINISTRY!!!

 
At August 8, 2007 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This Month I am experincing my first Beth Moore bible study. In one of my favorite books. The book of Daniel. Followed by your teachings! You crack me up! I have been married 28 years also! No grand children yet. Let me tell you I appreciate all I have learned thus far. We are in week 10 and Praise God most of our study group will be attending at the Phillips Arena! GOD BLESS YOU YOUR FAMILY & YOUR MINISTRY!

I am working on my blog but for now...
I have a web page! I hope you visit!
http://freewebs.com/ivonnelong/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home