Happy Thanksgiving, Siestas!
Happy Thanksgiving, my Beloved Siestas! The Moores and Joneses greet you from our mountain hideaway where the cabin is more stuffed than the turkey and the fellowship is sweeter than the Texas sheet cake disappearing in my kitchen. Between the time change, the altitude, a twenty-one-month-old and the fear of missing a single moment together, mornings start early around here. The Lord, however, put a spirit of slumber on the cabin and allowed me to have a few quiet moments with Him. I could hear the familiar sound of my man sawing logs and of my grandson starting to stir. Melissa was sound asleep in my bed and somehow looked about five years old. We are a fiery family of folks who rarely keep an opinion to ourselves but we are so crazy about each other. I was overcome with gratitude for the kindness and redemption of our God. One of my memory verses right now was perfectly fit for today. I have to peek because I don’t have it down yet. It’s Psalm 40:5.
“Many, O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done; and Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to You in order; if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.” (NKJV)
Among the thanks I give my God through Jesus Christ today, I thank Him for you, our cherished online community. Recently my ministry director, Sabrina, and I were preparing our annual employee reviews. As we discussed AJ, Sabrina said to me, “Beth, I can’t think of any addition that has been made to the ministry that has had a greater impact than the blog. That community has become maybe the single most important thing that happens on our website. What Amanda has done is huge.” She is so right. I know I’ve told you this before but, just in case you weren’t part of our community at the time, God has used you to provide something in my ministry life that I needed so badly. So many of you have become familiar friends and sisters in Christ to me and I look tremendously forward to your input. I also notice when someone signs on with a screen name that is new to us and I rejoice in a new connection. As silly as this seems, I just love this. Thank you so much for being part of it.
AJ has helped me include a few picture highlights from our holiday week together and here are a few random things that have gone on in our house this Thanksgiving Day:
*Jackson and I had our milk and coffee together early this morning and watched the sun come up, played cars, and pestered PawPaw until he finally rolled up. We also danced our legs off when our favorite program came on Noggin. I was a little sore from the gosh-awful-est hike several of us took in the snow yesterday so I needed the stretch. (We hiked for over two hours and, when we made it back to the trail head, Keith was waiting there with his hands on his hips and looking stern like we’d better not scare him like that again. I told Melissa he’d think we were gone too long. We nearly got in bad trouble but he decided to get over it pretty quick AND we were mighty thankful not to have to walk the last quarter mile to the house. FWI: we were so happy not to have to worry about bears then, lo and behold, we saw wolf prints – first I’ve ever seen them – that I measured from the tip of my thumb to the tip of my little finger as wide as I could get my hand stretched. So freaky!)
*Keith made a King Ranch casserole to take to our lunch down at the ranch where we’ll celebrate with many good friends. He was asked to bring a native Texas dish of some kind so there you go. Melissa’s love, Colin (we love him, too, and, yes, it’s serious), and I cut a turkey out of a corn tortilla and used a red pepper from the salsa for his waddle. We laughed our heads off and thought we were brilliant.
*Melissa, Curt, and I quizzed each other (AKA: competed) in Greek for a solid hour then got into a good theological discussion. A blast to the three of us and a bore to everyone else.
*Amanda and I are watching Steel Magnolias for the umpteenth jillionth time and have hooted a ton and already cried. It’s a holiday must. Curt even sat down and got interested in it. He’s trying to act like he’s reading something but I know he’s watching the movie.
Well, everybody else is showered and looking darling and I’m still in my jammies and looking – well, like a woman who needs to get ready. Siestas, Happy Thanksgiving!! May God remind all of us all day long of even the little things we forget to thank Him for. Like a family enjoying each other so much that they’re liable to wake up the baby. Remember this holiday when “together” seems like “too-much-gether” to let people off the hook easily because you’re not dependent upon them to affirm you. Christ does that for you. Make a choice to laugh things off instead of taking an offense. Have a blast because God is good. Show Him how grateful you are with your joy. I dearly love you.
Sunrise at the cabin.

A closer view of the Tetons.

Bibby is in the mountain spirit.

Melissa and Beth in the kitchen.

King Ranch Chicken Casserole with a decorative tortilla turkey.

Jackson and his daddy going down the driveway on a makeshift sled.

Jackson is loving the snow.

282 Comments:
Happy Thanksgiving right back at ya!
Thanks for sharing moments from your day...it's so fun to hear about. And--woo hoo--Melissa...think we all want to hear more about this fella!
We're sitting at my parents' house, waiting for an assortment of people to come and be family with us today. I've just been so aware these past few days that my family is a gift from God--one to share with others who need some family.
I am blessed.
Love you all and sending you big hugs from just south in Colorado!
Joanne
P.S. The tortilla turkey is adorable--I think you're pretty clever too!
Happy, Happy Thanksgivinig to you and your beautiful family. Blessings.
Thank you for sharing your life with us... You encourage me in so many ways. You ladies are so gifted to be able to be 'so real' when I've never met you. Being Canadian I celebrated Thanksgiving weeks ago but my parents (transplanted Americans) and I will find time sometime this weekend to celebrate TG again, cause we just love it that much!
Anyway, Thank you for being you and being faithful to your calling. May God Bless you and continue to use you in lots and lots of lives!
Dearest Beth,
I was hoping we would hear from you today. You never disappoint. I am so glad that you have been blessed with such a close, loving family. I would give anything to have that kind of relationship with my family. I have been praying really hard to God that he might heal the wounds and restore our family before it is too late.
The pictures, wherever you are, look like paradise. Hope you have much blessed Thanksgiving holiday!
Much Love,
Cindy
I just LOVE your Texas sheet cake!!! Yum! I'm about to make a sweet potato pie-mmmmm.
Wolf prints?! That's awesome! I hope you took a picture of it. Last time I hiked in Yosemite I saw a momma bear and her two babies. They were a few hundred feet from the trail. I kept thinking, "shouldn't I be scared?" I was too excited to be scared!
I love the pictures!! Happy thanksgiving...
I am praising God for grocery stores that sell turkeys ready to cook. While overseas, I had to go to the market to order my turkey in Ukrainian- this many kg, no head, no guts, no feathers, and no I don't want to watch you kill it here. The largest pan my oven fit was a 9x13 and I literally had to push my weight against the door to make it close. That was my first turkey- actually, I got two that I had to lug home at least a half mile from the market because somehow that small fact was misunderstood in the ordering process. (The second year, I didn't get my turkey on time because the Orange Revolution was parading down our street and the guy couldn't get into the city to deliver). At any rate, what luxuries we have in the States- God has so richly blessed us right down to trivial things like birds in bags at the store and huge ovens to bake them in! T.G.
Bless you for taking time out of your holiday to write us such a sweet note. I think what Amanda has done is pretty great too. I love this blog!!!
And I know that I am incredibly biased...but you don't wake up to anything THAT beautiful anywhere in Texas!! We have snow over on this side of the Big Horns too, and it's COLD!!
I'll bet Jackson is thankful for his winter clothes now, huh Amanda? Maybe a sled for Christmas would be a welcome gift for the little guy.
We take twice as long to do our Bible Studies here. It makes the homework more manageable. We just watched the episode in "A Woman's Heart", where little Jackson had just been born. Now, almost two years later, watching him grow up, well, it was so sweet and touching to see Beth just about to burst at his birth.
Have I told you thanks for sharing your lives with us?
Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.
Love you guys!!
Melana in Wyoming
Many of my friends no longer take phone calls, but quickly respond to text messages. After receiving and sending Thanksgiving blessing to my local friends by text, I just had to log on and visit my blog friends. Twenty years ago I would have never imagined that you could have such close friends and never actually speak to them personally. Beth, thank you so much for sharing your life with us. We love you! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
DLynn
What a wonderful time you are having together! God has blessed y'all greatly.
Thanks for sharing!
It looks like the Moore's are having a hoot of a time in the mountains. God is soooo good. I cannot beleive the snow! It looks like so much fun. Don't eat too much food and have a wonderful Thankgiving.
Blessings
I read often but rarely if ever comment. Ya'll do my heart good. Glad ya'll are having fun in the mountains. Family time is so important.
Thank you for the hope you share. I am honored to be called a Siestas.
Lots of love.
Oh how wonderful this was to read. I have no idea what the time change is but I am finishing my cooking up (were eating supper)so its 5:52 hear in NC.Its just me & my husband kids couldnt come, that broke my heart.I am so gald that my prays was asndred that you got there safe enjoyed your food , & most of all had a wonderful thankful time.The pictures were great thanks for sharening.I pray your safe returne .God bless love sister in NC
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, this year.
God is on the move, in big ways, and reminds me today that thought the doctor's say my days are numbered, that He knows my name,my days.
And that, is more important than anyone.
So, live loud, live long and live for the moment He gives us.
Happy Thanksgiving, dear ones. What a joy to find your post today and the pictures. I love them. The magnificent mountains. There is no artist who can compare to our Creator's hand. When Amanda said you all were headed to the mountains this week my mind kept thinking of little Jackson and all the fun he would have in the snow. It looks like he is having a ball. The photos were an unexpected delight. Thank you for sending them.
The tortillia turkey looks so cute on top of the King Ranch casserole and so creative. I would love to have the recipe when someone has a chance to share it. I have a home full of cowboys who could tear into that dish.
God has blessed me beyond measure. I am most gratful for my Lord Jesus. His sacrifice and His love for me I simply recieve by faith because I cannot understand it.
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for this blog and for the joy of meeting some wonderful Siestas out there.
Love to you, dear Moores and Jones.
Have fun! God bless,
Mary
Beth & family:
It is such a warm fuzzy sharing the moments of special days with siestas. I was just giggling with my husband of the preciousness of family, turkey and football. I was watching the Dallas team as they were talking about snow there. Yes, I was thinking about your family get together and how wonderful it must be. It is so unbelievable that as Christians we can all feel like family. Last week I called Lifeway and spoke to a great lady regarding the "Woman's Heart" Bible study. My home girls love the music in the background. We talked for almost a half an hour. You southern folks have such warm squishy personalities I didn't want to hang up. We became instant friends. God's love that we have for one another just overflows. Ain't nothin' like it. Blessings to you and your family for your outflow of His love. It makes me feel apart of the family.
Nancy from Otis, MA
Dear Beth,
Thank you so much for sharing the joy of your Thanksgiving with the rest of us. The last four and a half months have been quite stressful for me in a number of ways, so we decided to have a low-key Thanksgiving at home and save our traveling just for Christmas this year. It is definitely for the best, but I still miss the chaos of being with extended family! I was so hoping you'd be able to take some time to share with us today. The Moores and Joneses have brought some other excitement to my day! Among many other things, I am so thankful for your ministry and servant's heart. The Lord has blessed me through you in tremendous ways, the most recent being your book Get Out of that Pit! You've challenged me to immerse myself in the Word of God and He has blessed me because of it.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow...so much to be thankful for!
It sounds like you've had lots of fun this week, Miss Beth, and that makes me so glad (and yes, I mean agalio kind of glad, because I know that you do not get to spend much time away from home and/or work)... =)
I realized that even though my dear Dad was not feeling well enough to go the our "normal" big family gathering, that my parents and I could just sit around a table and truly enjoy the fact that my Dad is feeling much better than he was last weekend.
And, even more unusual than that, during our Thanksgiving prayer time, which is generally very short, I realized that I had one particular person that I really am grateful for this Thanksgiving. And, of all people, he is the doctor who re-checked my dear Dad's bone marrow biopsy this past July, and diagnosed him with stage 4 out of 4[CLL] Leukemia.
However, I am not happy that my Dad received this kind of a diagnosis, of course, but I am glad that this doctor chose to double-check the last cancer doctor's work, as he had mis-diagnosed my Dad with a very early stage of this same disease back in late May, and told us that my Dad would not need to have ANY kind of treatment for it for several years, so, if this 2nd doctor had not correctly re-diagnosed him and got him started on chemotherapy ASAP, I found out that my dear Daddy may not have even been here to celebrate Thanksgiving with this year, and it would have "hit us like a rock" if we had not known that this first doctor had made such a horrible mistake.
So, we actually were actually able to thank God for Dr. D's diagnosing my Dad with this agressive form of Leukemia, as even though it has been one incredibly rough roller coaster ride for all of us since late July, at least my dear Daddy (at age 77) is still "on the roller coaster" with us... =)
And, yes, my Dad has had many really rough days following his chemotherapy treatments, but if he had not begun this kind of treatment when he did, we were told at least twice that we would have likely been having a funeral for him before now.
So, please try to enjoy every moment that you have with your families, Y'all, as the good Lord may not have spared my Dad from the sickness that comes with the chemotherapy, he did spare his life so that we can enjoy being "together" for a little while longer. And, we do not know how much longer that will be, so we thank God for every moment and every day that we get to spend with him.
But, when God does choose to take my dear Daddy, I do know for sure that he will be going to meet Jesus, and someday, so will my dear Mom [who has pulmonary fibrosis - a serious lung disease- and is on oxygen 24/7], so I am highly grateful to Him for giving me that knowledge, as it gives me so much more peace ...
So, give your loved ones a big hug today, and/or whenever you see them next, okay ???
And, by the way, I never knew what a "blog" was before this one came along [and I still do not know what "blog" stands for - hehe], but I am very grateful to Amanda for coming up with this awesome idea. It has been such a huge blessing to me, too, Miss Beth.
In Christ's mighty Love,
Jennifer O.
Southern Wisconsin
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! What a beautiful place to celebrate. My youngest son is in Arkansas with his girlfriend's parents for Thanksgiving. It's the first time we've celebrated without him. But he called us this morning, bless his heart! I was up at 5:30 to start my 14 lb. turkey but had my quiet time first by reading Praying God's Word Day by Day. Gobble, gobble, ya'll!
I am thankful for all my "Siestas!" May you all have a BLESSED Thanksgiving!
Emmy : )
I enjoyed reading your blog today. I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving. It certainly sounds like you're having fun, as always. I loved the pictures with the snow. I live in Phoenix so the weather is much different here. Beth, you're a ray of sunshine. May the Lord bless you greatly. Debbie
Thanksgiving is so much about family and being grateful to God that we "survived" another year. This year I got to be a part of a wonderful experience. Some family friends have waited for more than a year to adopt a baby. There were many complications with the overseas adoption and the family had almost given up. God is so good to time things out perfectly. Today they finally brought their son home. We lined their street to welcome him to the family. Then we all circled in their front yard to give Thanks to God for his hand in working things out perfectly.
A real reminder of what Thanksgiving is suppose to be about.
I am so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I wish I had been there to hear your theological discussion. I would not have been bored in the least.
Psalm 27:13,14
I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD
in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
That is my verse for today, as I had a much better day with my in-laws than I expected. Even though we haven't met, I love you too, Beth.
So good to hear from you! I'm glad you're having a wonderful time with your family! I have also had a great Thanksgiving!! What a fabulous time of the year it is!!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family. I'm with you, one of the biggest blessings of my year is this little online community. We are blessed.
And I'm giving the Lord some praise for that turkey made of corn tortillas. It is a wonder.
Happy Thanksgiving! I am a long time reader of the blog, but yet, never have commented. Can you believe it? I thought tonight would be the night, after your comment, Beth! This blog is amazing, and I am so grateful too, that is was started! Looks like fun in the mountains... we had a turkey day of the opposite... 70 degree weather, long table outside along the beautiful May River in the SC lowcountry, sunsetting, 40 plus of closest family and friends. our two year old triplets daughters, nieces, nephews, etc! MAN... are we blessed! Have fun and stay warm!
I am thankful for your ministries and the growth I have had because of them. Thank you, Lord.
GDB
Happy Thanksgiving! Isn't God so good!
Oh Beth and the entire crew! There is not enough adjectives to describe how I feel this year when it comes to "thanksgiving." God is just plain awesome and mind blowing and beautiful. He thrills me to the core.
And y'all....well, you Ms. Beth are the vessel that turned my journey around with Jesus. My 1st study I ever did was "John" and I just had NO IDEA what I had been missing. This is when the Word came alive to me. You, my friend and teacher, have taught me so much and I'm completely grateful for the vessel that you are to so many of us.
Bless you all! Have a blast in those mountains. I thank God over and over for so many things...and your ministry is definately one of them. May His blessings and presence over take you!!
Lots of love! I love you too!
Fran
TN
Happy thanksgiving to all of you!! That view and that snow look DELIGHTFUL!! I am so grateful for your ministry and the way you touch our lives and speak to so many of us.
I am missing Esther so much and the great gathering of women on Tuesdays...Jan. will be here soon I suppose! :)
Stay warm in those glorious mountains!! Have a WONDERFUL time with your family. I love you all!
Happy Thanksgving Beth and crew!
I'm a Wyoming girl (raised in Casper, Wyoming) It is BEAUTIFUL country!!! Enjoy!
Have a restful and fun family time.
Kelly :)
Happy Thanksgiving to the Moore and Jones clan!! So enjoyed your pics, but just had to say thanks for one of your comments. My middle son (19) is not as loving and talkative as my others and I really struggle with that. I had just read your blog today and then he made a comment to me that I normally would have taken great offense to, but because of what you said, I decided to laugh it off and it really caught him off guard...so much that he apologized for it which was big!! Thanks for your words of wisdom!!
Much love and many prayers your way!
Fellow Siesta from Georgia!
Wouldn't you know, I wrote a comment and totally lost it.....the comment; not my mind, although very often my brain matter (or lack of) easily becomes a legitimate and lengthy debate. Thank you for sharing 'snapshots' of your family celebration. The scenery makes me miss the beauty of Colorado's mountains as they hugged us for a couple of years spent within the splendor of Boulder's surroundings. Your written reflections always give perspectives that seem as new and fresh as the fallen snow that envelopes your scenic location. How could one not worship and quiver with praise the presence of God so vividly displayed? Thank you, as always, for sharing. Thank you for the LPM blog as we all delight that with it you seem at arm's length to all of us as we read. Happy Thanksgiving from the middle of a cooler and wetter South Carolina home. (We anticipate this by the power of prayer and positive thinking!) Love and hugs, Annette
Happy Thanksgiving to the Moores and the Joneses from the Billings!
We too are thankful for God's grace and mercy. He has blessed us so much this year. We had a wonderful day of food, games and fellowship. For the first time in 4 or 5 years it has just been our immediate family and it was a nice change for us!
Be safe on your vacation, and know that I thank God for you and Amanda, you brighten my day more than you know!
Beth, that warmed my heart on this chilly Thanksgiving Day in Texas! I don't comment much, but this blog has been such an encouragement to me. My hubbie's a youth pastor & I check in daily for new posts. And I love reading all of the comments from like-minded sisters in Christ. What a blessing. Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving!
I am so thankful we live in a country in which we can openly purchase Bibles, have Christian fellowship, and worship our Lord.
It's quiet tonight. The food is put away, my husband has left for the deer lease, and I am trying to decide which I Love Lucy DVD to watch.
I Chron 16:8 resonated with me today,
Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done
Siestas let us never forget what He has done, let's make it known among the nations. For those of us who are not in far corners of the earth in the mission field, we are in the field daily among those who do not know the saving power of Jesus Christ.
Happy Thanksgiving...call upon His name and make Hime known!
Annette
Happy Thanksgiving, you bunch of turkeys. :-)
Love y'all.
Happy Thanksgiving to the Moore/Jones family and to Colin! I loved the pictures and it was so exciting to hear from you today!! We have had a great Thanksgiving and God has truly blessed our family in so many ways. I am thankful for the LPM blog and to Amanda for starting the blog. Amazing and so much fun! Looking at the pictures made me wish it would snow in Middle Tennessee. :o)
I think the picture with Jackson and you and the moose hat would make a great Christmas card. Lol!!
I am so thankful for your family and so thankful (more than you know) for your ministry and because of your passion and love for Christ and your studies, I have gotten into God's Word more than I ever have in my life since the very 1st study I did 10 years ago. Thank you for teaching us, ministering to us, laughing and crying with us!! It is a joy to journey with you and your family and all our siestas!!!
Love You,
Patty
The king ranch turkey is almost as cute as that little boy! :)
Happy Thanksgiving to your beautiful family!
Happy Thanksgiving! It is fun to read of everyone's family get-togethers-you all sound like you are havinga great time :)! God is GOOD!!
Ahhhh how beautiful. I love the mountains. Enjoy more family time.
Oh Beth, is it okay if I'm a wee bit jealous of the view? Hubby and I made a kid-free trip to the Tetons two summers ago... and I know you know that God paid very close attention to the details there. Take a deep breath of mountain air for me please. BIG ol hugs to you and thank you for always encouraging me. You have no idea the huge impact you all make on my life each time I check the blog. Enjoy your time together!
Thanks Beth, for the sweet run down and pictures of your time in the mountains. And thanks for the reminder that Christ affirms me.
Love ya!
Yoli
I am sure you will be flooded with comments by the time you get to review them!! Thank you for this beautiful post. Your ministry has touched so many lives, Beth (and all the Moore/Jones family), especially mine. Know that this Thanksgiving you were one of the blessings for which I praised our gracious God. Thank you for helping us become closer to Jesus -
we surely do love loving Him with you.
That snow looks like heaven! So beautiful. :)
Thanks for sharing part of your precious family time with us!
Happy Thanksgiving!
stephanie
Absolutely breathtaking pictures, and painted pictures of a wonderful holiday with all the blessings! Such sweet moments. Our roll-on-the-floor laugh came this morning, when Lauren yelled, "MOM, come here. I can't move, but I think I have an apparition of a smiley face in the bottom of my cup of cocoa. OH NOW IT HAS A NOSE. Come see!" We didn't get a picture for National Enquirer, but it was good! I love the house busting with all the commotion of chicks back in the nest! Happy, happy Thanksgiving!
Love you guys, Annette
Happy Thanksgiving - WOW that looks like SUCH an amazing spot to be with family! I am so thankful for this blog - it has been SUCH a blessing to so many - God uses each of you - Beth, Amanda, and Melissa to speak so HUGELY! Thank you for being faithful to Him and SO easy to love! Sunshine
Beth, I just think the creation of this blog was so brilliant, too. It has been a huge blessing in my life to be able to "connect" more personally with your family.
Just what goes in that King Ranch casserole anyways? Darling turkey. You are so creative. You and Melissa SHOULD be proud of that creation. :)
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Beth I just love all the scenic pics, (so beautiful), and with your family (love the turkey hat! :-) ) Have a good weekend.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all too!! It sounds like much fun is being had in the mountains! Good thing you didn't run into any wolves on the trail, they must be pretty good sized! We had a quiet Thanksgiving at home with just the immediate family. We each had a scripture on thankfulness to God at our place setting. My 6 year old read them all for us and my 3 year old made up her own versions. Your day reminds me of Thanksgivings at my Uncle's.
We have MUCH to be thankful for!
love your Siesta,
Kathleen
Happy Thanksgiving Back! I am so grateful for you and your family. You have blessed all of us so much, your passion for God's word is contagious and we soooo need that. I am so glad that we have blessed you as well. Isn't that awesome that God's people can bless and encourage each other!? Passing along recipes is good too! Is that Chicken casserole any good or does it just have a cute turkey?
The pictures are gorgeous and I am just loving the hat. Thank you so much for pouring so much into our lives through bible study and everything else. I have said it over and over but you will never know the fruit that has come from this ministry this side of heaven. You will never know the encouragement, admonishment often, and courage that has been spoken into this soul because of your John 15 obedience. It is so true that as we abide in Him we bear fruit that will last. Oops I just got hit in the head with a shoe...anyway, I can't thank you enough and forever am indebted! I mean that. We love you all so much Mrs. Beth. Love Jenny in Alabama!
ps...so excited to hear about Melissa and Colin it is the closet I get to reading about celebrity love news!! HA HA!!!
Oh Beth Moore-What a joy it was to pull up the blog and see your post! I am so thrilled you were able to spend some incredible quality time with your precious family! May God continue to bless each and every one of you. Happy Thanksgiving friend! Funny thing, we have enjoyed many HOURS of Noggin here today as well!
It was wonderful reading about your Thanksgiving Day activities. My WHOLE family was together and it was a bunch of fun. All three of my younger sisters, their husbands, and my baby sister's little boy. My kids had a blast playing with him since they live in OK. It was a wonderful day. I am so grateful for a family that can all get together and no drama occur! Praise God!
Beth,
It sounds like a wonderful holiday with family that God has given to you. What a great blessing! I pray for restorative rest for you and yours.
Looks like you are all having great time!! This was our first Thanksgiving away from home! I (we)miss my family and the snow up in NY!
OK, are those mountains in Texas? I'm having a blonde moment:)
Happpy Thanksgiving!
Blessings!
suzi
You all bless me every single time I visit your blog! Thank you for sharing your fun with us. Thank you also for the reminder to let people off the hook easily! I really needed to hear that today! The King Ranch Casserole looks delicious and I'm sure I'm not going to be the first one to beg you for the recipe! Your grandson, Jackson is getting so big! Thanks for sharing him so freely with us! He's adorable! Those blue eyes are stunning! I would have loved to sit in on your Greek competition!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all!
In His Love,
Angie xoxo
Thanks for sharing a bit of your Thanksgiving with us and for sharing how special this blog is as well. I am thankful for technology that allows such a wonderful community to exist and allows me to stay in touch with family that is so far away! Enjoy your getaway!
Beautiful post. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your entire family!
This post made me smile all afternoon. It was just fun -- like catching up on the phone with my far-flung family. How sweet to hear those details of your day and know you and your family are enjoying each other.
And those pictures! Oh my.
Thanksgiving is a blessing, don't you agree?
The tortilla turkey is wonderfully creative!! I see Jackson has adjusted to his warm snow clothes too. Yes, we have so much to be thankful for. We are all richly blessed. Thanks for sharing your week with us and can't wait to see more pics. Love you Moores & Joneses.
as we drove home from our big family t'sgiving dinner tonight , i felt the familiar anxiety start to creep in..i'd disappointed my cousin today , who i love and only see 2x a year..it was a misunderstanding but i felt i had to "work" to get in her good graces all day...i kept thinking..Lord you are my portion...but also had thoughts of, "but does that apply? shouldn't i have had the wisdom not to let the misunderstanding happen? I should have been more...PERFECT.." I settled down to read your post..and couldn't believe you added the part about not needing others to affirm us. BAM. that's just what hits the spot. i needed her affirmation all day to allow ME to be okay with ME..when in fact it's not her job or anyone elses.......wow. Christ has already affirmed me and affirms me daily by the truth of his word and the reality of his love. I am okay b/c HE IS MORE THAN OKAY WITH ME.
thankyou so much for taking time to write on this holiday..goodnight..MB
Oh how I'd hoped you would post some pics from the cabin! The casserole was brilliant and I can't imagine anything more fun than a theological discussion with your family.
Blessings on the entire bunch of you!
With much love and gratitude for you, your ministry, and especially your darlin' girls who no doubt thrill their momma in following hard after God,
Happy Thanksgiving!
Lisa
p.s. And I hope AJ got an enormous A+ on that evaluation - she deserves it :)
Yes, Beth. I have always wanted to be friends with you from the very first study I took of yours way back in 1996, I think it was. With this blog we are friends. You share your heart and that's what friends do AND I can even share mine and I do from time to time. Happy Thanksgiving!
Kara
Beth, I am new to your blog -- just stumbled on to it a week or so ago and so glad I did. Our Bible study group has done several of your studies so I already feel a bond. Thanks for sharing special moments from your Thanksgiving celebration. God blessed me today with a unique opportunity to share His Word with family members, and it seemed well-received. My heart is indeed filled with thanksgiving!
I know when you read this the actual Thanksgiving Day (by the calendar) will be over but I would like to take a few minutes to still wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving Day. As a daughter to the King we know everyday is a day of Thanksgiving. I love the pictures of your family especially of Bibby and Jackson, it is so cute. Thank you for taking the time out of your holiday to wish us all a happy Thanksgiving. It has been great having the opportunity to be apart of your blog family. I have told other seistas about the site and they are exciting about checking it out and becoming apart of the family. Thank you for the joy, prayers, studies, and laughter you bring into my life. Sometimes if I am low in spirit I can take a look at the blog and find something to help lift me up. May God bless you and your family in this holiday seasons.
Becky
Attalla, AL
Precious, precious, precious!!
And, Happy Thanksgiving to the Moores and Jones, too!!! Glad y'all have had a wonderful time...being with family is simlply the best. I am thankful that I can say the same...and LOVE being with my family!! We too, have so much fun and laugh like no other!!
And, I hope y'all know how thankful we are for this blog. It truly means the world to us out here in blog land!! I know I have absolutely LOVED it, so thank you, Amanda, for thinking up this grand idea. We are all so grateful!!!
Much love to ALL of you!!
Lindsee
Beth, there is nothing better than the family together, especially our children and grandchildren. The Blog site is so enjoyable, Amanda needs to be commended for this initiative. It creates a personal side to you and your work. It is easier to relate to your humaness and the trials, earthquakes, and joys that you expeience just like the rest of us. When you share these in your teachings we know your God is the same God that will get us through the days. Happy Thanksgiving
Ceffie Haught
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Moores and Jonses!
I am so thankful for you, Beth,and the way God has poured Himself through you to my daughters and to myself. You will never know how sharing your life and being real while doing it, has touched our lives.
May our Mighty God reach right through this screen and love you, strengthen you, encourage you and give you wisdom for each challange you face! May He rest and quiet you this moment and meet you in your deepest need! Amen and Amen.
Your Siesta,
Margaret
Happy Thanksgiving! Can I just tell you that it's so sweet to hear from you and to share in your family's day? We love to hear your stories and see your pictures because we are reminded of just how human and real you are! This blog has been such a blessing to all of us as well. Can I tell you a quick story about why it's a blessing?
Not too long ago, you posted Beth about meeting someone at Starbucks who knew you from a study and you shared that you love to meet fellow siestas and people who have been changed by what God has done through a study. You told us that you'd love to look us each in the eye and hug us if you could. Well, on that very day, I was so desperate for that enouragement. I had just returned from the doctor with my sweet husband, because I had just miscarried our first baby after a long bout of trying to get pregnant. I was devestated and full of tears and grief. I couldn't talk to anyone on the phone because I couldn't speak without sobbing. I decided to check my email, which led me to check your blog. That post ministered to me in a very real way and I left a comment briefly sharing how tough my day had been and how I'd love to get that hug from you...well, can I tell you that my siestas responded and blessed me in such a God-honoring way that I'm in tears just thinking about it? All of the sudden, my inbox started receiving emails from perfect strangers all over the country, who were fellow bloggers and siestas, most of whom had gone through a miscarriage or who were just moved to pray for me or encourage me. I received so much love, tenderness and kindness for weeks because of that one comment! People left comments on my blog and spoke such sweet truth...I kept telling my husband that it felt like the Lord was hugging me through people I'd never met, but I couldn't wait to! That time was (is) so hard but the blessings I have been given because of that are untold.
I am so glad you are feeling the effects of this blog, but let me tell you that we are too. So thank you Beth and thank you Amanda for sharing your lives and your ministry with us. We love you guys and we delight in the fellowship this silly blog brings! Can you just imagine the fellowship we're going to have in Heaven someday?? Oh, God is so good and I am so thankful today for this, just one of the many things He's done to love ME well. May the Lord bless your hearts this weekend.
Love,
Stephanie
Happy Thanksgiving to you, Beth. It is such a breath of fresh air to me to read the words of a girl counting her blessings and realizing how sacred time together as a family truly is. Our family had a blessed day, too, and that is a miracle in itself. Five months ago in just a few moments, our baby girl took her first breath and began her five day journey in this world before she went home to dance with Jesus. I never dreamed I would be decorating her headstone with Gerber daisies and poinsettias this morning. Her little life has taught me so much about her God and about just how sacred these moments with little ones truly are. It sounds like y'all are doing a fine job of cherishing Mr. Jackson as we are cherishing Miss Miller Grace's sisters. God's biggest gifts really do come in the smallest packages. :) More than thanks, we give praise today.
I am so jealous of your view! Makes me wish I was there again...
And every time you write Bibby I do a double take. It's not that common of a name and it's my maiden name! :)
Mama B, I am soo grateful for this blog and you and your family! I can't even put it into words but I'll try... This has been such a blessing for me because I was in a real low funk and had been for sometime. I was missing my Bible study ladies and not doing too well studying on my own. The blog allowed me the chance to feel apart of a group of women again. I have made several friends on here and have met and spent time with one of them here in my town (Hi Abby!!) I love checking the blog everyday to see whats going on. I don't always comment but I am here. Thank you for starting it AJ. It was one of the best ideas ever!! And thank you for writing on it. ALL of you ladies who write. I enjoy every single post.
I am glad that you had a great time in the mountains. Its beautiful there. And Im glad that you got a guy to actually watch Steel Magnolias!! Guys alway avoid that movie, but if pressed, they say it IS a funny and good movie!
Hope you guys have a great rest of the time up there! Thank you again for all you do!
Love you!!
Nikki
What fun!
Happy Thanksgiving to your family, too.
Enjoy some snow for me!
Blessings,
K
Happy Thanksgiving Beth to you & your beautiful family. God's blessings are so just more than we could ever put into words aren't they.... But stuffing ourselves with turkey & pumpkin pie sure are a fun substitute this side of eternity.
What happy pictures!
Happy Thanksgiving! Blessings on your family time.
Just wanted to say that I am thankful for your ministry, and that of Livingproof! You guys are very special to my heart..This blog site has been reall blessing, even though I won't get to meet you, it is like we are next door neighbors..and that is really cool to me...your family seems so full of life and fun..you are truly blessed!
Happy Thanksgiving!
I love you,
Delilah
Happy Thanksgiving...Well, I'm not usually a blogger, but have enjoyed reading the sweet things the LORD leads you to share, for the past couple of weeks. So I thought I could say a little something tonight to show the gratitude in my heart for your ministry. As I sit here at the end of a much fulfilled "Thankful" day, (and enjoy listening about yours) I can't help think about the past year and the things that have kept me so busy, its hard to breath. Homeschooling, helping others in need, helping out with women's bible studies (yes Beth,Patriarchs this last 11 weeks) running my home and my family. This past month has taken a toll on me physically and spiritually. Some lessons going against my grain and having to trust Him for what He has been doing in my life and my family.
He is sooo faithful, and I love Him more and more through it all!
We were blessed with a housefull of family today, and a couple of days ago I asked my daughter,she's 9,to please make up some little fall pic's and bible verses on thankfulness. The very first one she came up with was John 3:16, and I thought how fitting, she wasn't looking for the word "Thankful" as I was thinking. She was thinking of what she WAS thankful for and chose that verse. And it so blessed me. So as I lay my head down tonight I will find peace in my salvation and tears of humbleness in my heart for I love Him SO MUCH for all He does for me!
And thank you for your ministry, and for being faithful to Him.
It was so fun to read about your Thanksgiving festivities. We cooked and celebrated in the heat and humidity of summer down here in the southern hemisphere.
I don't often comment but I read everyday. And I wanted to say what a blessing this blog has been to me. I was trying to explain yesterday to a non-blogging friend about the sense of community that I feel here and with other blogging buddies. I almost called us all "fake friends" but that's not an accurate description. I think that for many of us, if we met in person, we would hit it off because we have so much in common - our love for Jesus, our desire to follow Him yet sometimes feeling so overwhelmed with the failures of our flesh. This blog reminds us that we are all in this thing together.
Thank you so much.
Blesings,
Angie
Beth and bunch,
You have no idea how thankful I am for you and your ministry. There is not an area of my life that Jesus, through you, has not touched, healed and brought to life. It sounds like ya'll (can you tell I'm from the south) are having a great time. Thank you so much for letting Him use you in such a mighty way in the lives of many siestas. All the glory belongs to Him!!!
Leah
www.thepoint-leah.blogspot.com
Your blog makes me happy!! Thanks for sharing your lives with us!!
I had been so missing getting a word from the Moore/Jones bunch this week ... and you have surely filled the need with this one. A little bit of everything that I read this blog for - a smile on my face from Bethisms (the tortilla turkey!!), a bit of family news ("cause ya'll are like family I feel I know ya so well!), a touch of Jackson (I have a couple of daughters that would make great little wives in about 30 years - Daddy says they can't date till then!!) and most profoundly, a word form God that is sorely needed!! I have had a hard week - my grandma, 95 beautiful years old, passed away on Tuesday ... one more reason to be Homsick for Heaven!!! I needed a reminder to be thankful for all I have - and a reminder of all I have that REALLY matters! And now there is a new little something in the blog that we can look forward too ... a little ROMANCE!!! Go Melissa!!!!
Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving to you all - it's a bit late, but I am sure you are still bearing the benefits in your fridge!!!!
Love ya!
Becky Jo
Beth,
Thank you so much for writing. I've been checking in every day!
It's good to hear that you and your family are having such a wonderful time together. (Amanda....thanks for the pics)
I love the turkey on the casserole!
How creative...and I was thinking maybe Keith should share this recipe. It looks mighty good.
and...Colin :) .....Glad to hear Melissa has someone serious in her life and can't wait to hear more. She's so beautiful. The picture of you two is so sweet.
Quickly....our family has grown so and we've spread out a little in different locations so we don't ALL get together real often any more. Yesterday we were all going to be at my sister's house. She called me while we were driving and told me that her husband asked a man from church to eat with us. He had nobody (his son died about 6 mo. ago and his mom is in a nursing home) and was going to be alone. We had 17 from our family and then this man. It was a blessing to have him join us.
Beth, this blog has meant so much to me too. It has drawn all of us so much closer to you and your family and each other as Sisters in Christ. I love it and appreciate all you, Amanda and Melissa do. Thanks again for sharing Jesus and his love! We'll talk again soon.
Love,
Valerie
And I know I speak for many women out there that we are thankful for YOU Beth Moore and your two delightful daughters and your whole family. Thank you so much for being willing to share your real self with all of us. I thought we'd all have to wait to be with Jesus to fellowship with you, but I'll take this. We really appreciate you and all that the Living Proof staff do to make the ministry such a tremendous tool for the Lord Jesus to minister to hurting people. I can't tell you how much I enjoy "tuning in" each time there is a new blog entry and sitting down with my coffee to visit with either you, or Amanda and occasionally Melissa. You are 3 women that are such a treat to have in the body of Christ. Bless you all and may God continue to RICHLY bless you and all your loved ones.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Heidi in Georgia
You have got to love the casserole AND the turkey...great job guys! I am so thankful for you and your family, you've made a huge impact on mine...challenging me to go deeper. I love it. As for Thanksgiving...we spent it at home, just my man (recently home from an 18 month deployment to Iraq) and our 2 children...I cooked the turkey and all the fixins', we played games, watched movies, and talked about how thankful we are to be together this holiday since we weren't the past several. Hope you guys have a wonderful time in the mountains. Enjoy the SNOW!!
Beth,
It sounds like your Thanksgiving celebration was picture perfect! Thanks for sharing the little tidbit about Melissa's sweetie ... I was wondering about her! :)
I don't know if you'll read this, but had to share something just for fun. I am a writer and recently had an article published in a Lifeway publication (actually it's in the Jan. 08 edition). It's an article on Perfectionism in Journey magazine. My husband joked that I must be likethis with Beth Moore now! I've been a writer for years, but am trying to break into some Christian markets. It takes a whole different level of dependence on God to do this! I understand even better now how you say it is all about Him and not us. I am learning how I get nowhere on my own knowledge and wisdom, but when I tap into His and humbly ask Him, He is faithful to fill that frustrating blank computer screen!
Your words about not being dependent on others to affirm us was timely ... It's a reminder I need often.
Glad you had a wonderful holiday!
Beth, AJ, and community....this blogging is so new to me. But I have to take a moment and let you know how THANKFUL I am for each of you. God placed this on my heart earlier this week and I wanted to share it with you. Love and blessings from SW Kansas.
2007 by Yolanda Rogers
2007
Do you know of The One living in Heaven?
Perhaps, you have lost a loved one,
or better yet, you have a new little one!
Have you known love deeply,
or find yourself weeping because life is costly?
Are you in a pit?
Finding yourself throwing a fit?
If so, dear heart.....
Jesus Christ wants to play a part.
He so desires to be first in your day to day life,
will you allow Him to take the strife?
He is the answer to your quest,
for His interest is for your best!
Please allow Him to change your fate,
before the arrival of 2008
I too am thankful for this blog and so grateful to Amanda for the connection I am able to feel, the wisdom I am able to glean and the laughs I am able to get all from reading this sweet, sweet blog. In this season of my life, I get my "Beth Moore" fix from the blog and Life today and am forever grateful. Thank you for sharing your love of Jesus, your life and your family with me.
How precious! Thanks for sharing! You are so special to us all! Happy Thanksgiving!
Love, Sarah TN
Awesome! Thanks for reminding me, Beth, to laugh things off. I tend to get stressed when I have 12 people over for dinner, even if it is mostly family. It was great celebrating my grandson's first Thanksgiving. We are so thankfull for all of God's blessings. Loved the pictures, and the tortilla turkey.
Bonnie
Happy Thanksgiving to you all too. Thank you Beth for sharing your life with us - it truly is a blessing. And what a beautiful place you have out there. My husband has been looking for land for us out west for years - just waiting for the right spot. God Bless you all.
Karen
Hi Beth! I'm a newbie here!! I've done several of your studies...God has blessed me through you!! Thank you!! I was leading the Daniel study.. we just finished it this past Tuesday!! WOW!! I have NEVER had a study hit me like this one did!! Our God is INCREDIBLE!! During our study when we were in the firey furnace, one of my dear friends lost her 22 year old daughter in a car accident. She has continued in the study and is such a precious sweet quiet spirit of witness for our Lord!! This was such a timely lesson for all of us! During that same week, our town, (very small population about 14000) had a tragedy of a house fire and 4 children and a mom were lost! Talk about a firey furnace! One of my friends is the pricipal at the school where some of the children attended. When she went to the funerals she found out that the mom had just accepted Christ about a month before. So gracious is our God!!! Thank you for your ministry!! God bless you and your family! linda gibbons ps Steel Magnolias is one of my favorite movies too...lost track of how many times I've seen it! :)
The photos are priceless! (Especially loved the turkey on the King Ranch Casserole.) And, Beth, once again you have touched my heart and sent it soaring toward the God who made us, loved us and saved us. We have so much for which to be thankful!
Happy Thanksgiving...I recently celebrated my 37th birthday and decided this year to list 37 things for which I am grateful. You and your ministry were one of them. Thank you for being faithful to the call and always pointing the glory to Christ, through whom we have recieved all of our blessings.
Happy Thanksgiving to you all! What fun you must have had. We ate more than we needed and napped and then slept in this morning. God has indeed blessed all of us. Would love to have the King Ranch casserole recipe. Many prayers, hugs and much love are sent your way today!
Beth, I am thanking the Lord for giving you all wonderful family time together! We are in the process of remodeling a cabin in the nothern part of MI (no mountains to gaze upon, just a lake out my front door - want to go fishing? Wait, I don't bait my own hook...we'll have to take the men). I am looking forward to the time when it's finished & we can all gather there. May you all continue to have a wonderful time together! Thankful that Jackson is much happier in his winter garb too! What's all in Keith's casserole? Looks yummy!
Looks like a wonderful time. I love the snow and mountains and pine trees!
May you continue to have a wonderful weekend filled with many memories!
Blessings in Christ--
Love the tortilla turkey!:) Glad you had a wonderful family Thanksgiving. What a blessing!
This year I was reminded that I have so much to be thankful for; it just staggers me....
I too am so grateful for this blog and the sense of community that is evident in the posts and the comments.... What a beautiful thing it is to be part of such a group of (mostly) women, pursuing Christ with such passion, humor, and energy. Love it!
I loved the photos Beth! They're precious!
Blessing to y'all
Adrienne
Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Mine was spent with family and friends at a nearby Cracker Barrel. Don't feel bad...We loved it. $8.99 including drink... and I would have paid that much alone to not have to clean up the mess that was under my 1 year old's highchair!
Your ability and desire to be brutally and painfully honest and transparent has been so freeing and enjoyable. In your family is a wealth of wisdom and fun that without your blog would be impossible to share with so many. This Thanksgiving, blogging (overall) has been something I am thankful for. I am hoping it is renewing some dormant brain cells too!
I love that you all love Steel Magnolias! I gave my testimony at church Wednesday Night and I ALMOST used that line that Truvy says to Clairee about Annelle's past. You know, where Clairee says, "She can't be more'n 18, she hasn't had time to have a paaast." And then Truvy replies, "Oh, get with it, Clairee. This is the 80's. If you can achieve puberty, you can achive a past. " I love it! Because I'm ONLY 30 and I was talking to a room full of..well, folks older then 30...I thought it might be appropriate. But, after further thought, I really didn't want to say puberty at the pulpit and maybe people don't love Steel Magnolias like me? How in the world they couldn't I'll never ever know.
Happy Thanksgiving from the Sullivans in North Carolina...
Marti Sullivan
Recipe! We need Mr. Keith to share the recipe for his Texas casserole!
One of the many blessings I thanked our Lord for this season was Living Proof Ministries. There just aren't words to express my gratitude to y'all for this blog, for the teachings, for the CDs that I could not do without in the car, for everything you do for Him. Your faithfulness has totally transformed my walk with my Jesus. You are mightily used by Him, and I'm so, so grateful.
What a BIG difference in the before Thanksgiving picture and during Thanksgiving picture of Jacks! The joy of your Holiday was appearant through the pictures.
So thankful that AJ added the blog...the "daily" experiences keep us all God-centered and draw our hearts even closer to each other and the One and Only.
Praise the Lord!!!
Happy Thanksgiving! I am glad yours was lovely. I envy that snow...altough it is as cold in OK as it has ever been. It was 21 this morning when just three days ago it was 80!!! The Lord sure has a sense of humor when it comes to weather!
Thanks for sharing your photos!
We are home for 2 weeks vacation from the mission field- not long enough, but still having a blast! I'm getting my fill of Tex-Mex while I can! :)
Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!
Thank you for putting things in perspective for me. I read this as I got to work on Friday and was feeling incredibly resentful that I had to be here. You helped me realize that I have a ton to be thankful for, including a job that provides for me and my family. God is good, even when I'm grumpy!
That is so wonderful! What a beautiful time and a beautiful place! And what BEAUTIFUL people - inside and out!
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY FOREVER AND EVER!!
I love you all!
Roxanne
That is so wonderful! What a beautiful time and a beautiful place! And what BEAUTIFUL people - inside and out!
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY FOREVER AND EVER!!
I love you all!
Roxanne
Thanks for the great pictures. I love snow and sledding but here in the south don't get to experience it much...what a fun treat for ya'll... but we did get some much needed rain, and outside I went to clap and praise Him for it.
And then to enjoy a quiet Thanksgiving with my family. God is good and deserving of our thanksgiving.
Sounds like you guys are having a blast and a time of refreshing...good, good, good!!
How much fun and what precious memories. I am so thankful you and your ministry and what it has done to my spiritual walk and relationship with my Savior!!! Thanks be to God for Living Proof Ministries!!! My house is filled with excitement as the kids enjoy a day to actually "play" and take a day off from our busy schedule. Video games, hide and seek, and dress up are the sounds I hear right now in the background. The excitement of Christmas is in the air as we are heading to the tree farm to select a two trees!!!
These are the days!!!
This is my first time to leave a comment. We had a wonderful T-day. God is good and blessed me so much. May your time in the mountains be all God desires it to be. Happy Thanksgiving from West Tennessee.
This was just too much girls! Here in the yes, COLD Houston (but snow - ha!) my heart was warmed as I checked to just see if possibly there was a post ---- prayed for you all yesterday ---- sounds like a fun day and that you got to have extra fixings because you took a two hour walk - in the snow no less - my little 9 mile bike ride does not even compare . . .
So thankful for LPM and all of you Moore girls - this blog helps we siestas to understand that we are all in this together - keeps us grounded in God reality if you will - it is always a good thing - being in fellowship and community - even if it is on-line. This is real!!!!!!
Continue in the joy - thanks for the pictures of real snow - bring some back for the Tuesday night siestas to enjoy ----- do you think it will still look like snow in January if you do????
King Ranch gobble - gobble to you all! No leftovers here, but there are hot chocolate makings ---- and with the temps dropping into the 40's tomorrow (so not cold to most of the rest of the siestas we Texans know!)and lots of rain coming, gonna need it! Off to get the leaves picked up - again - and again - and again . . . job security my man says . . . smiling day to the mountain crowd and all the rest of my blog siestas - looking forward to August in San Antonio.
First of all, I love the King Casserole with your turkey, ADORABLE! The casserole looks so good..do you think we could get the recipe? (Or is it a family secret?)
Thank you for the affirmation about how the "siestas" are a blessing to you and the ministry. I have said this many times, but we (the community) are connected by God in a special way through your studies and your ministry, and it just warms my heart every time I read a post about you (Beth), your family, or LPM. My heart rejoices as I see your family having a blessed Thanksgiving and enjoying each other to the utmost :)
I can't pray enough blessings to you and your family, and LPM. You pour out your lives for so many so that we can find the freedom that God wants us to experience. I am sure that is not always an easy job, but I know that you draw your strength from Jesus, and then you able to do what He has called you to do.
Blessings and so much love to you all...
Happy Thanksgiving! It looks like y'all are having a wonderful time. We had our first Thanksgiving in our new house and it was wonderful---God is so good!
My King Ranch Chicken looks like a different recipe than yours. Can we have the recipe or is it top secret?!
It's fun to hear and see your Thanksgiving stories. I am so
thankful that the Lord has used you to help me love His word and
desire to hear His voice more than
I have ever before!!
Praising & thanking God for your ministry.
LeeAnn
I'll be one of those new users. I just found the website a week ago. And I've added you to my bloglines. I'm really trying to rebalance my perspective right now...and new that I could take encouragement from here. I love the together/too-much-gether thought. I'll hold on to that throughout this holiday season.
Love the tortilla turkey!! You are so creative!! :) Would it be possible to share the recipe for your King Ranch Chicken Casserole? Sounds yummy! Love the pictures of Jackson, he is such a cutey!! I just want to reach through my screen and give him a squeeze!! Sounds like a wonderful time with family and the scenery is gorgeous! Being in Kansas City, there isn't any scenery....kind of a bummer! We had our little thanksgiving here at the house with just the 4 of us. We don't get a lot of time together since my husband works long hours. I even have 32 place settings of china that have never been used! We don't have any family here and I'm not a very formal person. This year I decided to wash some of it up and use it!! My kids were ecstatic! My daughter said this was the best Thanksgiving we've ever had! (she's 7). Thanks for sharing your lives with us! God Bless!
Precious! Thanks for sharing your adventures and "thankfuls" with us!
Thank you for shaing with us dear Beth. It sounds like your Thanksgiving was wonderful and blessed beyond measure. You are great!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all. Much Love to you and your family.
Beth and Family,
I can't tell you how warm and fuzzy it makes me feel to be somewhat a part of your Thanksgiving celebration. As I was talking to the women in my family yesterday we came up with a brillant idea for Beth. Not that you don't have enough projects on your plate (hope that you sense the sarcasm), we thought it would be ever so brilliant for you to have your own magazine. You know, like Oprah's, but filled with the "real stuff" women need to read about and educate themselves on - the Word!! Just something I thought I'd throw out there. I sit here amazed how God has revealed himself to me in such a magnificent way through your work, Beth. Thanks for meaning so much to me.
Lindsey in Louisiana
Happy Thanksgiving, Beth and Amanda! Beth, I am touched that this online community means so much to you, as it certainly means so much to us Siestas. I don't comment often because there are so many comments already, but I do check the blog daily and always look forward to this connection. I did your Breaking Free study a few years ago and it changed my life. It came in the middle of a devastating time in my marriage (which God has healed and redeemed!!), and since then your studies and video messages and blog entries have become a spiritual mentorship that I've never had. My mother has early on-set alzheimer's and I so miss her Godly wisdom and guidance as I am now a young mom of three. I think often of how I consider you, in a strange way, a spiritual momma of sorts, and I know that if I ever met you on this earth or even someday in heaven, you would shower me with hugs and love and encouragement from the Word--and that means so much. Thank you, sweet Beth, for sharing yourself with all of us! I am so thankful for your presence in my life.
I'm glad you and your family had such a nice Thanksgiving together. This year my family got to the "guts" of the holiday (not the turkey guts- although that was a feat in and of itself!). My husband is a pastor and he recently began a new ministry in a town about 2 hours away from where the children and I are patiently waiting for our house to sell. (Ok- not so patiently but I am trying). His new church has a tradition of a 7:00 a.m. worship service followed by a breakfast on Thanksgiving day. That meant, of course, that we went down the night before and stayed in a hotel. Thanksgiving morning I was up at 5:00 a.m. and responsible for getting three children, myself, my hubby and our little dog (couldn't leave her behind) ready and checked out of the hotel by 6:15 a.m. Now, personally, I believe that anything that begins before Starbucks is open is a crime againt nature itself and surely NOT the way God intended things to be. Nonetheless, my brood and I were there bright and early (dark and early really because the sun had not risen yet) for the service. Needless to say my attitutde did not smell like roses. But as the sun rose over the lake and I saw all the faces of our new church family who have welcomed us and loved us during this transition time, I was truly thankful. I was reminded that what we are truly thankful for is not things (even Starbucks) or places (even our beds) but for the love of God made manifest in our lives. And with that thought the rest of the day was wonderful; even though we forgot the fruit salad and the gravy.
Im so stkin thankful for all of you! Beth, you area blessing!
Y'all are awesome. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!! LOVE the turkey on the casserole! Reminds me of a time my cousin and I made a pumpkin pie and wanted to be "martha stewart" and decorate it. We spent about an hour creating stencils out of cardstock. Then we carefully laid the stencils on the pie and sprinkled powdered sugar on the stencils. The powdered sugar turkey and fall leaves were breathtaking and we were so proud. However, we didn't realize that hot pie melts powdered sugar like sun melts snow. Our masterpiece was gone. We didn't even have time to take a picture. What a laugh and great memories!!
Thanks for the blog. Love the funny stories every day.
Robyn, Birmingham AL
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. The pictures of the Tetons took my breath away. I can picture it in my head as the mountains are special to me. It was on a ski slope in Colorado, looking out over the rockies where God spoke such a word to me. It changed my life. For years I had struggled w/ infertility. It was high upon a mountain top that God healed my heart, filled a place that no child could ever fill. He taught me to not life my life on "what if's" and told me "Child, I created you for far more than bearing children" That as over 5 years ago - I do not have children of my own... but oh the children the Lord has blessed me and my husband with. Nieces, nephews, Godchildren, friends children. My heart overflows with Thanksgiving for each one of them... for all the family that God has given me! I thank Him daily for who He is and what He has done for me - and I don't waste a moment when I have the opportunity to tell someone! Enjoy the rest of your time together in the mountains! Shout it from the mountain tops! He is Lord of All!
Thanks Beth for your greetings on Thanksgiving!!!
It's it fabulous that we get to start each Holiday Season by first expressing gratitude!!!!
I concur that the Blog is a blessing and Amanda is a terrific administrator/leader for it!! It has a connectedness. I love the modeling and mentoring that the Moores and Jones show us – just by living ordinary lives. I love that I can laugh until I cry, and then turn around and weep in prayer for many Siestas!!
I love that we can see God at work in all our town and cities that the conferences and bible studies reach - We pray, and we see His hand knitting our on-line community together and building up women through His Word!!
I love the encouragement to reach this generation!! We are given courage to do the ordinary things in our neighborhoods (Like delivering the haystacks) that make an extraordinary different in the lives that we touch!!
Full up with Gratitude for this community of Siesta!!!
Terry Alexander in Tucson
Mama Beth... your whole family is among the many things I give thanks to God for everyday... My relationship with Christ and awareness of Him would be nothing without your guidance. Blessings to the Moore's and Jones' family this Thanksgiving and Christmas season!!!!
I love love LOVE "Steel Magnolias"! I love it so much, I named my four year old yellow Lab after Julia Roberts' character, Shelby. I also love it because I relate to Sally Fields' portrayal of the mom of a willful diabetic daughter--my now-20 year old daughter was diagnosed with type I diabetes at age 10. And of course, it's just deep-belly-laugh FUNNY. My daughter is home from college for Thanksgiving weekend so I think it's time to bust out our own Steel DVD. Thank you Beth for sharing your precious family moments. I especially loved reading that you notice when new people post on the blog...I've been visiting and reading for some time but haven't commented. Knowing you notice makes me want to take a moment and thank you for your giving heart and anointed teaching. I'm currently working on "The Patriarchs" independently using the audio DVDs and workbook. Your love of the Lord is infectious! Thank you, sister in Christ.
Beth,
Thank you so much for sharing, and thank you and AJ for the blog--it has been huge to me as well.
We live in the mountains of ETN, (no hint of snow), and I have visited the Tetons..."wonderful works" for sure. I am constantly in awe of His creation. Your holiday sounds so wonderful, and I hope it continues to be.
Our group has two more weeks in Living Beyond Yourself. We have loved it and learned so much, I'll be sad when its over. Praise God and thank you!!!!
oopps...I meant I liked the moose hat. Ha ha.
I'm Canadian, but I still like to celebrate American Thanksgiving too! Thanks for this post (and the photos bring the warm fuzzies to life!!).
I've been having a difficult first pregnancy, but it really encouraged me today to think of building a family that obviously cares for one another, and loves God so deeply :-) I want to begin that kind of legacy...
p.s. My brother lives in Colorado and he took a (Cdn) Thanksgiving classic dish to his wife's clan dinner. I just love how we can all find a little bit of home among warm friends. God Bless & Thanks for this great "home" online!
Looks like too much fun!!! Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!!! I know those of u who stopped at starbucks on thanksgiving were very thankful!! I love serving people their coffee it seems 2 change their mood everytime. Take Care and God Bless. God Blessed GA with rain 4 thanksgiving and I ever so thanked him!! He is sooo good. Love 2 all my siestas
Christi
Will you give out the recipe for the King Ranch Chicken Casserole? It looks so good and the turkey is too cute! Happy Thanksgiving!!
Sounds like the perfect family Thanksgiving. Here in east TN we were in the high 70's at the first of the week, but has a few flurries today. That white stuff at your cabin sure did look fun. And that sweet little boy is definitely a cutie pie. My family spent the whole day with us yesterday (my father is still here). What a blessing to have so much fun and fellowship with our families - a little glimpse of heaven right here on earth. I tell ya, people who don't love to fellowhsip ain't gonna like heaven!
We might need the recipe for that King Ranch Casserole thingie----the turkey was hilarious!!
Dear Beth,
I am so thankful for you and your ministry. I can't tell you how much God has used your books and Bible studies to change my life. Thank you for sharing your life with us(and the adorable pictures:) Yesterday, I asked God to search my heart, almost begged Him to, because I have no doubt there are no words to describe how thankful I am to Him for the life that He has given me. A wonderful, godly husband and a two year old that is so amazing....how can you say "thank you" enough for that???
Enjoy the snow!!
Dearest Beth and Amanda and family- Happy Thanksgiving! It looks like it was just that for your family. I pray God's continued blessings on your wonderful family!
Cheryl
Thank you for sharing your beautiful time with your family! One Thanksgiving I was recovering from jaw surgery, and since I couldn't eat anything, I was forced to pay more attention to the people, needs and conversation around me. In other words, I couldn't be so self-centered! I learned a powerful lesson that day, and want to remind myself of that! And, you are so right about the blog...it helps us feel more connected in what can be an "unconnected" world. Thanks to all of your family for sharing your lives with us!
Bless you and your family this day. I know just how you feel, waking up with all your loved ones together again. Us too! I'm so grateful with joy that we get to be your on-line friends! Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to you, Beth. I really enjoyed your post. I agree that this blog is wonderful. Hearing from you and Amanda (and now Melissa) ministers to me. It's fun because of the variety. We never know what to expect. And it's so nice to hear from you in such personal ways. We get to watch Jackson grow and Melissa graduate and now we have Colin! I know that it's a sacrifice to be so transparent. Please be assured that we are grateful and I sure hope that you'll get lots of benefits from it as we do.
I loved your last paragraph about looking to Jesus for affirmation and making choices to let things slide rather than taking offense. I especially need to be reminded of the affirmation-thing.
I love being a siesta! That's something to be thankful for!
Oh, one more thing - for the first time in my walk with God I am experiencing what you have said about your quiet time - that you can't afford to miss it and that relationship happens in your QT not when you're behing a podium speaking. I am finally having more QTs than not. And what a difference it makes. That's something else to be thankful for!!
It's a great pleasure being your on-line friend! I feel just as you do about having family around and being crazy about it. Thank you too for the reminder of giving grace in tight quarters! It's a time to remember the joy we have together, not the 'other stuff' that families have! :o) And...as you so amply stated...our affirmation and security comes from Him. Thank you for sharing your family with us.
Tears...over the precious-ness of it all. Sometimes, I can barely take it in...the love of God, how He puts us lonely ones in family...and brings an over-flow through our Sisters and Brothers in Christ. He is enough, and then He just comes and give us More... And Moores and Joneses, whom I love dearly!
Praying for continued graces to fall upon you sweet Siesta, Beth!
Love you much in Him,
holly
Thank you so much for sharing your holiday with us.
Your blog is such a blessing to me and I look forward to a fresh word from you. God has used you to bring such blessing to my life. I have learned sooooo much from you and the way you teach God's word. It is amazing how the information that I share with others comes from previous teachings from you. Just last Sunday in community group, I shared about the 4th man in the fire, from your Daniel study. Thank you for teaching in a way that is exciting and easily grasped. God Bless you and your ministry.
Jackson is absolutely adorable. My 18 month old son has that same shirt. :) I love your inspiration of family time together. I am so thankful to be with my husband, kiddos, parents, sister, and her boyfriend in Colorado. We have had a rough year and we are on the other side of some tough circumstances. It is such a joy to be in God's beautiful countryside! I enjoyed your pictures...and you might have to post Kieth's recipe!
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! One of the things I am thankful for is this blog. You cannot possibly know what it has meant to me. I am sure you are well aware of how ministry can get you down sometimes and this blog provides a HUGE amount of encouragement and sometimes just plain old fun. I have facilitated all of your video studies with the small Women's study group in our church. Thanks to your caring heart, over the years of study it feels like we have become friends-- thanks so much!
Happy Thanksgiving to the Moore family. We had a lovely Thanksgiving,too. All my kids were home and we played games and ate and ate, some more. It is a blessing from the Lord to have them all under one roof for a brief time. Thank you for your blog. It is a joy to share with you and your girls.
Beth, I join you in being grateful for Amanda and her steadfast efforts to bring together this amazing community. A.J.--we love you! You all, and our Siesta community, are among the blessings I am counting this Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Siestas!
xoxo
Happy Thanksgiving Beth. It looks like an idyllic way to spend the holiday.
We were in little cabins too - in Bastrop State Park. We fried our turkeys and cooked the rest of the dinner on the little stoves in the cabins. And we were so thankful. It has been a difficult year and an extremely difficult week leading up to Thanksgiving. Our youngest son was diagnosed with a very serious illness. He is a young father, pastor and precious son - and we are so thankful that we can trust in the One who loves Him completely.
Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll too! and much love from a Louisiana Sister.
I got to go see my Parents Wednesday and just overjoyed my parents are in their new home from Katrina. Two long long years of us being in the same house . I know it sounds crazy but I miss them. But Thank God Our family has our home back.
I am so grateful this Thanksgiving that I'm alive and my Husband and Children are safe and sound and we had a nice Day!
I love the pictures of the mountains I love them so much. But since Hubby is not a snow Boy! I'll have to enjoy the mountains during the Summer.
Lots of Love,
Susan-La
Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Siestas! This blog is a safe, quiet place that I anticipate coming to. Just think, twenty years ago, there was nothing like this available to connect people in a community. Thank you AJ for creating this place!
I am thankful for the time with family yesterday. We jumped on the trampoline, laughted, ate, and topped the day off with some American Idol Karaoke. We had wee ones all the way up to grandmas participating in the fun.
Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll,
This was our first Thanksgiving in Washington State, away from all our Southern buddies, it's not the same here and we sure miss Southern hospitality. Looks goreous there, love all the photos and glad ya'll could just go hang out and have fun. Beth - are there any stores near your ranch, because you are missing out on the biggest shopping day after thanksgiving - Black Friday. I was thinking today that you are a women who loves good sales. Hey! a shopping tip for Christmas this year is a new video camcorder - called Flip video they fit in your pocket and take good videos for those family moments.
WE has a good thnksgiving and I'm off to eat more turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce, that could be my staple diet. Cool turkey very creative. Well stay warm and and from the wolves.
Blessings Sarah - Prayer Warrior
You know you aren't going to get away with showing a picture of that casserole and not giving us the recipe, don't you? Yes, that's right, Beth. It isn't enough that you share the gospel!! You have to share the recipe!!! Oh, I loved your post. Our first Thanksgivings without our daddies.... It just isn't the same, but it is going to be good in the Lord. I love you guys and am enjoying day two of the new Jesus Bible Study. I finished David last week. It took me more than the three months because I'm just slow that way... but I have reaped such a huge blessin' from you, Beth!!! Take care.
Awwww, Beth! Thanks so much for that sweet posting. It sounds like y'all are enjoying each other so incredibly much! What a great reminder, too, to have a sense of humor and to give people the benefit of the doubt. God is the only one we need to affirm us and to please. And as I've heard you say before, it's a whole lot easier to please God than man!
The military has just moved us to Hawaii, but I got to spend Thanksgiving with some new "extended family", the other military families in my man's squadron. We all still had a great time and enjoyed the comraderie (and TONS of good food) that can only be found with others who share similar lives!
I must admit...I was so excited to hear that Melissa has a serious beau! SO exciting but not so surprising! SHe is so beautiful and smart...I knew someone must be in the picture!
God bless y'all, and I am so thankful for YOU!
Love,
Kristen
Happy Thanksgiving!! What a blessed time it looks like you are having! (love the tortilla turkey! too funny! sounds like Colin will fit right in!)
My family was able to have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving together as well, there is nothing like getting family together. This year inparticular though was so much healthier in everyway for my family. (spiritually, emotionally and physically)
I finally got myself to a good godly christian couselor 2yrs ago. I remember her telling me what a difference one person getting healthy in a family can make, I didn't believe it at the time. Your books and bible studies Beth, have been a big part of where I am now. And now, two years later, my life, my marriage and my children stand as a testiment to God's healing power. We are so thankful!
Last Saturday my 10yr old son asked if he could use my laptop and I said that would be fine, he sat down and wrote this poem that could have only have been Holy Spirit inspired. He is a very typical 10yr old boy, but this is, imho, and that of my families, not a typical poem. I just bawled because it was like God said, "See Deb, the healing wasn't just for you, it was for your whole family"
Here it is: ( I haven't changed a thing, including the typos, it is just too precious to me!)
For my heart like an engine, and my mind like a holy worship alter. My arms are lifted high at the sound of your precious voice. You my god overflow my body with your presence. When I am focused on you I can put my mind on nothing else. One can make only sweet remarks about you father.
But how can I stand up to you lord when I am just a peasent to a king. For who am I to say I am perfect. For many people remark they are better than me, but I only know 3 better than me. Those people are my father, my mother, and my precious hevanly father. But who am I to stand up and yell, “I am Christian!”
In this world there are millions of ways to describe you but I present one word and that word is HOLY. For my god protects me, watches over me, and helps me in times of need. For you can not even describe the power that god holds over you. For I am gifted by the lord for all of my special abilitys. And my heavnly father is responsible for all the good things in my life.
THANK YOU ABBA!
2 Corinthians 9:12
Carrying out this social relief work involves far more than helping meet the bare needs of poor Christians. It also produces abundant and bountiful thanksgivings to God. This relief offering is a prod to live at your very best, showing your gratitude to God by being openly obedient to the plain meaning of the Message of Christ. You show your gratitude through your generous offerings to your needy brothers and sisters, and really toward everyone. Meanwhile, moved by the extravagance of God in your lives, they'll respond by praying for you in passionate intercession for whatever you need. Thank God for this gift, his gift. No language can praise it enough! The Message.
**** We are all gathered here in NOKOMIS.FLA. having 3 generations,football GALORE! and jagillions of fresh seafood to celebrate. We are blessed and happily thankful to our Great Lord for all HE is and does. No shopping today-it's football on the beach and the grill. We love you all. ***HAPPY THANKSGIVING FROM FLA. ***
GIGETGIRL
Those pics are too cute!!! I'm a newbie to your blog, and I enjoy it soooooo much!!! All three of you write, just like I would imagine you talk. (Beth, I know what you sound like, from your video bible studies. We're doing one in my church right now- Your revised first one.) I love getting an even more personal glimpse of your life. Thank you so much for sharing this piece of yourselves with all of us. Blessings to you this season! Forever In Him, Shalene
Just thought I would post a comment as I am one of your newer readers. I love reading the blog, and am studying "A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place" at our local church, and it is really helping me balance my life as I have 6 month old twins and am a new mom. Thank you for the blog, and the great work that you and your staff do!
Anonymous,
You make me feel blessed with your wonderful entry....
"While overseas, I had to go to the market to order my turkey in Ukrainian- this many kg, no head, no guts, no feathers, and no I don't want to watch you kill it here."
America, we are so blessed and take it for granted so much. Thank you God for our many blessings AND allowing us to take it for granted. We love you and praise you!!
Happy Thanksgiving to the Moore Family. I am truly blessed through this blog. Thank you Amanda for all you do with it. I have to share this with you guys, I have a close friend who adores you Beth, she teaches your bible studies all the time. She was talking about your past visit to Atlanta and how much she enjoyed seeing you , I began sharing personal comments about you, like how pretty your backyard is, how darling Jackson is, Amandas new front door, Melissa being with you now. My friend just started staring at me , see she didnt know you had a blog and she was beginning to be a little perturbed that I had never shared that you and I were such good friends. How else would I know all this stuff about you . I got a really good laugh out of it and she did too and I am sure she now reads the blog too. Bless you for being so intimate with us . I love you and your family. Robin
So glad you've had such a beautiful Thanksgiving vacation. We shared a lovely Thanksgiving meal yeasterday with our son and new daughter-in-love along with all of her family. My husband and I have raised two sons so we are thrilled to finally have a daughter.
Thanks for sharing the pictures, and while we're on the subject...am I the only one who scrolled down the page to see if there might be picture of Melissa and Colin?
Seriously, you're very kind to share what you do of your life and in doing so, you're a blessing to many. Thanks so much.
Blessings to you from Florida,
Patti
Happy Thanksgiving (yesterday!) to y'all too! :) Thanks for sharing your wonderful stories and pictures.
Thank you for the reminder to show my thankfulness through my joy. I've just had my first Thanksgiving without my sweet hubby since I met him back in 1992. He is a chaplain in the USAF and is currently deployed. He left in August and SHOULD be back by Christmas. Now THAT is something to be thankful for! I also have 4 girls that keep me busy and often frustrated, but very humble and thankful. What blessings they are! Anyway, thank you for this blog. I check it daily and always have that moment of 'awww' when there isn't anything new! So, thank you for going another extra mile and being a blogger. I love it! Gotta run check on the girlies...It sounds too quiet!!
Thank you for sharing some beautiful pictures! It looks like the Moore/Jones families had a blast!
Happy Belated Thanksgiving!
Ooooh, Melissa! Do we have to wait 'til you're wearing a ring for the juicy details??
Curt and Colin. Now, isn't that cute? Smells like something God cooked up for your family...
Happy Thanksgiving to you guys!
I've been reading your blog since January, but this is my first comment. I don't know what I waiting for. : )
Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I'm ever so thankful for your ministry. I've learned a ton, but more importantly, I've grown to love studying God's word. It draws me in and the learning is addictive! Thank you, Beth, for you being such a contagious teacher!
Just wanted to thank Amanda for the recently posted Haystack recipe. I made a batch almost every day this week! I made a test batch that my husband & I went through in no time. I made a batch for his co-workers, another batch for his family's Thanksgiving get-together, & yet another for my family's Thanksgiving get-together. Yum!! I've never been a big Haystack fan, but no one that I know adds Peanut Butter...that was the ticket to an awesome Haystack! These will be a new Thanksgiving tradition for us thanks to Amanda "Crocker".
Happy Thanksgiving back to you sweet Mrs.Beth!! I just loved reading about your family fun together!! I LOVED that tortilla turkey!! How funny!
I needed to read that....."let the off the hook b/c you don't need their affirmation" part, because I had tears in my eyes on my way home from my mother's last night, again. But, I know that the Lord is not done with her as He is not you or I either.......but it still hurts......for a moment. But I am so thankful for the affirmation I have found in my sweet Lord!
Warm Hugs sending your way!!! Looks chilly where you are!! It was oh...70 something here in Charlotte yesterday!! =)
Much Love!
144 comments and counting! Just wanted to say that Mr. Jacks looks like he is enjoying the snow! That last picture would be the perfect Christmas Card photo! What a doll!
What an awesome time you guys are having :) Thanks for sharing some of it with us. I would have loved to have been in that Greek/theology discussion and on the couch with you and Amanda watching steel magnolias.I love that movie and quote it often !
Thanks for reminding us of what family is all about.Not all of us have such a godly example and we learn from families like yours. May God continue to bless you all !!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving a little bit late. I am so thankful for this blog and all my siestas here. I am blessed and never have I realized it more than this week as we miss my dear sister in law who is dancing with the LOrd. Thanks to all of you for sharing your lives with us.
Love you all
Your post was a blessing to me today as I sit here suffering from "too-much-gether" time as you so aptly put it. I felt the Holy Spirit breeze through my heart with your words of not taking offense and getting our affirmation from the Lord himself!! Thank you for your timely words and listening to the promptings of the Holy Spirit! Thank you!! Kimberly from Northern Michigan
PS As a true midwesterner, I must confess to being at a total loss for what a King Ranch casserole is. Please provide a recipe and or more info!!!
Happy Happy Thanksgiving Moore and Jones families! I love you girls to bits and you have all blessed me tremendously through this amazing blog-land! I hope you have a wonderful time in the mountains!
Ohhh, don't you love the Grand Tetons area. It's where we had our honeymoon many, many, many moons ago!
Happy giving of thanks to you all.
Thanks for sharing your week with us.
We were so blessed cause my daughter did NOT have to work as we thought she would - and our famuily had a wonderful time finishing our "what we are thankful for.." poster that we each had added to every night and then some time to worship and eat and laugh and play games. It's like you said - We have so much to be thankful for!!
We love you too - and so enjoy this blog also.
mk
who finally had helped figuring how to log in with her blogger name instead of anonymous!
Thanksgiving is a thakful time and I am indeed thankful that I tunred on my oven for the first time in sevan and a half years (yes, it's true!) and am so thanful that my dishwaher that was on the blink Monday was fixed just in time for Thanksgiving.
Mostly I am thankful and grateful to God for continuing to see me through this diffiuclt year.
My sisters and I lost both of our parents this summer and a favorite cousin as well. My darling 6 and a half year old niece, Allie, is very concerned about me being in this place wihtout any family. She said to me for the second time as she was leaving "Are you going to be fine by yourself, your're all alone".....I am o.k I reassured her..until she says things like that.
I am love that darling little girl and I am thankful that she was just "Bapatized" last month and I was privileged to be there.
May I ask that all my siesta's continue to pray for me as my parents left outstanding medical bills of $30,000 and I cannot pay them.
Yes, Amanda, this blog is a blessing. Thank you for taking so great care with it!
Happy Thanksgiving! This blog has meant so much to me. It has been such a great way to connect. Sometimes the messages seem like they are meant just for me.
Also I have met some amazing women. May the Lord richly bless you and your family!
Thanks for all you do!
Love ya
Kristi B.
I just wanted to say what a blessing you all are. I look so forward to reading your blogs and I'm in the middle of the "Daniel" study and absolutely loving it. Even though I've never met you I feel like we're the greatest of pals. I too have a little 18 month old rascal and feel like I can relate to so many of Amanda's stories about little guy. I just wanted to say thank you for all you are and all you girls do. You have truly been a blessing to my life! Love you to all :-)
Beth,
Your memory verse, Psalm 40:5, is such an awesome verse! I think I need to start memorizing it also!!!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with just our family (me, hubby, and our children) and then went to a family Thanksgiving get-together the next day (yesterday). My family has had many struggles. Yet I have so much to be thankful for. We are so tremendously blessed with this little blessing growing in my womb - a wonderful little girl! She is a gift from God and we all can't wait to hold her in our arms and love on her!
And as far as the little things, let me just say that God blessed us with a free rocking recliner yesterday! I am just ever so thankful for that as I now have a rocker to rock our new little one in when she arrives! We have so much more to be thankful for but this comment is already long. But I do want to mention one more. I am thankful for you Beth and for your ministry. (Okay that was two things...) Your ministry has been such a blessing in my life. God has used your lessons and your teachings to help me grow spiritually and to encourage me. Your transparency has been an inspiration to me. I can't thank you enough.
May God bless you!
Karen
http://thetagblog.blogspot.com/
P.S.
I am such a proud momma that you can see a picture of our little girl on my homeschool blog. Here's the link:
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SALT
You may have to scroll down a little to get to it.
And a happy thanksgiving to you too!
Thank you for sharing you Thanksgiving...especially the pictures. What a blessing. Mine was far different than yours. A single mom, with three little ones (9,7,4) after cooking a turkey, they ate a bite and asked for the pumpkin pie.
So, although my house was not full of the tall types of folks, it was still full. I praise God for my family. He puts the lonely in families and where would I be without my babies?
Happy Thanksgiving.
Well aren't you guys all just the FUNNEST?! I think if we got all you girls together with my mom and sisters and I, the laughing would never stop. I live right off of I-25, so please swing on by on your way home. If nothing else, I'll wave from the side of the road. Exit 229 to be exact. :)
Thanks for the pictures and the stories. I feel like I was there!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!! Thank your for sharing your day. We had a joyful fun day too and my husband, bless his heart, cleaned the kitchen for me! My family and friends howled in laughter at the game of Catch-Phrase. God is so good to give us these times. And we've been praising Him for the beautiful sunshine. Your pictures were amazing, that sunrise WOW. May God's refreshment and overflowing joy continue through this weekend for you and your family. In Jesus' Love Kathy Knoblock
Happy Thanksgiving to your family! Would you be willing to share the casserole recipe? It looks delicious.
Even though I'm a relative "newbie" as Siestas go, I don't think there is a blog that I enjoy more than this one...and that includes my own! :o)
You bless us all by making us feel like we're part of the family...or, at the very least, like I could easily bump into you at the grocery store and hug you warmly like an old friend. Thanks for that. And thanks for always interjecting a little bit of Texas...man...Texas sheet cake and King Ranch Casserole! I lived my first 35 years in Plano and my husband and I like to say that we're working our way back home...we'll rejoin the ranks in about 12 years! Can I hear an Amen? (or at least a yee-hah??)
Isn't hanging out with family grand? In stark contrast to your snow, we just got back from spending Thanksgiving at Disneyworld with my two girls home from college! Oh, the laughter! It has been, and continues to be, a precious time.
Blessings beyond measure to the Moores and the Joneses (and Colin, too!!)
Beth
You are such a blessing to me. In 2004 I decided to BELIEVE GOD because of your study and the Lord becoming real and alive to me.. it was at that time they gave me a death sentence with several diseases... 14 to be exact. Well- I believed God anyways and this Thanksgiving we rejoiced because Momma is 80 lbs lighter, totally healed and alive and well- and she is STILL BELIEVING GOD and so is the rest of the family! We believed God this year as He led us away from 'home' to a new state after 18 mons of unemployment.. we believe God as He moved my oldest, 19, to the mountains of CA to become a media developer for a Christian company, we believed God as He let us get out of 6 figures of medical debt and finally become debt free.... and to find this blog today was a gift... a real gift.. I had never seen it before. Well- into 2008 I am believing GOD for bigger things than most would ask and I believe HE will show up for many this year in a way they never dreamed possible! Much love to you my sister... much love.
Sandi Krakowski
Aren't families a wonderful thing. And for me, holidays give that warm fuzzy feeling that helps to overlook some of our more annoying traits. I wonder if that's the true purpose of holidays sometimes. To remind me of how blessed I am and how silly I behave.
Enjoy the time together!
Love the tukey master pice , now can we please have the recipe of the whole thing.Looks so good & sounds so good. I loved the pictures & seeing the snow to.Its great that all your familley could get together, what a blessing.It's a blessing you all got there safe, had great blessed time & food.I pray you get home safe.ok till us about the new man.I love your Christmas CD,& have order 6 in all for gifts,I am blessed so much but one of my many blessings is you in my live very blessed for that.Now you have a blessed Christmas & rest of the year. God bless love sister in Christ Victoria from NCps it'sour40th anv today PTL
I am saying a sleepy hello...after Thanksgiving stuff...ugh, SO much and I KNOW Jenny Hope and other siestas in retail know this!
I remember the blog in the beginning that it didn't catch on at first...and NOW>>>>WOW:)
I am so glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving...I was non-existant for mine...woke up 6:30pm and stuffed some food down and went to work til 5am....
But I did hear my favorite(Okay, ONE of my favorite) Avalon songs
" Angels we have heard on high.."
( I LOVE their rockin-gospel version):)
" Don't save it all for Christmas day" either:)
Be Blessed:)
Angie
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well. I am reminded this year how many things I have to truly be thankful for. I check your blog daily but haven't commented that often. You always make everyone feel as though they are part of your family and I love that. This blog is a way for me to be among like-minded women that empower me to stay focused in God's Word every day. It is a huge blessing!
Beth, you have changed my life more than I could describe and I cannot thank you enough for that.
Many blessings,
Anne in MO
Thanks, Beth. I'm so happy to see and share in your great Thanksgiving....had a very blessed day with my bunch as well. AJ, I thought about you when your team beat Texas last night. Not sure what A & M fans say but my team says WAR EAGLE so I'm off today to watch Auburn beat Alabama (I hope and pray). Heading in a while to "God's country" as we call it! May we be filled with thankfulness everyday for His bountiful blessings in Christ! Jill
Oh and God used blogland these last 6 months or so to help me adjust to my busy life of school, work, and church...
I don't have time for just hanging out anymore, so I love spending a few moments or so to write to my siestas, and check in on their life:)
I have imaginary friends :)
I would give you a link list, but you all probably know them anyway, I just LOVE them:)
I love you too Beth and Amanda, God puts his healing hands on this blog before any of us ever reach the page:)DAILY:)
P.S: " Loving, LOVING, LOVINGGGG...'Stepping up':) Go get it ladies:)
" You aren't good enough to mess God up." - Beth Moore:)
Actually, that turkey is brilliant!! Thank you so much for sharing your family with us. Amanda - you have done a very good thing in creating this blog! Everytime I come here, I can feel the love and warmth (how do y'all do that?!?), I smile and I always leave with an encouraging word. What more could one ask for? We are all blessed to be a part of this community and I'm prayin' God provides for me and my daughter to join you all next August!
I get giddy when I'm the first one up in the Vaughn house and have a few precious moments to sip coffee, read the Word (or work on my Daniel study that I'm doing with a group right now!!), and just enjoy all my sweet ones sleeping. What a beautiful Thanksgiving time you guys are having here!
Blessings -
Kendra
How fun... hanging out in your jammies. Watching the sun rise! God is GOOD! I would LOVE to have a morning where I talked 'Greek' with someone! There are times I get so stinkin excited over some treasure I found in my Complete Word Study Dictionary of the N.T. while in deep study, but all my freinds eyes seem to glaze over, so I quietly do a jig and write about it in a weekly online devotion I write. Yes, I am one of those, who goes to bed with a good commentary! Thank you for your heart, and willingness to share it with us.
Happy Thanksgiving Beth and Family!I've only commented once or twice before, but I've read the blog for a while now and have been blessed by it. So, I want you all at Living Proof to know that on this Thanksgiving, I am thankful for you all and for the blog.Additionally, Thank you for that verse from Psalms. I was crying out to God in prayere yesterday and trying to come up with words to express how thankful I am for all He's blessed me and my family with. I know He knows my heart, but that verse is certainly more eloquent than I was/am. It is perfect to express my sentiment. It will most definitely have to go on an index card!Thank you for all you do and may the sweet Lord above continue to bless your ministry, your family and you!Mindy Jo
Dear Moores and Jones,
Thank you so much for sharing your Thanksgiving with us. Also, thank you for the encourangement about family. I know Christ affirms us and I really needed to be reminded of that. Also, what great advice to laugh the little things off.
I would love to have the recipe of the casserole, looks yummy.
God is so good to us, we have so much to be thankful for.
I love you,
Laura, Raleigh girl
Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Thanks for sharing your Holiday with us. I am a short drive from the other side of Yellowstone and I get to see the Big Horns and Beartooths but there's nothing quite like coming around that curve when the Tetons first come into view. Literally breathtaking. Living Proof along with this blog is on my list of things to thank God for. I'm on week 7 of A Woman's Heart with a group of ladies from a neighboring community AND going to start Wising Up at my home on Monday. I previewed it by myself and couldn't wait to share it with others. I just "left sucessfully" but painfully a church I was with for 9 years. Thank you for being a vessel God uses to speak to us. You and your family along with the rest of the Siestas are such a blessing.
Love,
Sarah
Thanks for sharing your Thanksgiving Beth. I hope you got to take a deep breath and kick back for a few days, But then I am reminded of a few of my vacations where I actually needed to go back to work to get some rest. I'm sure we can all relate. I'm Thankful to God for soooo many things. But without any reservation at all, I can say that one of those things has been LPM. Thanks to you and your staff. I am trying to go through every CD, DVD, and every book you have ever written. With my headset on I can't tell you the number of places I've taken you!
You and our God of such mercy and
grace and created a fire in me that is out of control!
Keep stoking the Fire.
Love and Blessing
From Georgia!
Dearest Beth and Family,
Thanks for being in touch! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! What a blessing that there is no distance too great to keep siestas from being in touch.
Enjoyed the pictures!
I love you.
WL
Remember this holiday when “together” seems like “too-much-gether” to let people off the hook easily because "you’re not dependent upon them to affirm you".
Oh Ms. Beth,how I needed to hear those words. Thank-you for sharing God's word in this blog. Although I read this blog weekly, this is the first time I have ever commented. I am so thankful to have another avenue to remember that God's way is the perfect way. Especially in this imperfect world. Thank-you for the spirit of courage that you have embraced in following God's will for your life. My prayer for you is that when you finally reach the glory of heaven that God will show you how many people were touched by HIS word through you. I can promise you that my name would be among them.
Have a Wonderful Holiday Season!
Lori
So thankful for God's creation. We also hiked earlier in the week. 18 miles backpacking on the OT in Arkansas. Our 6yr. old Abi even carried her pack the whole time this trip. When she got tired I gave her my shuffle and she listened to 3rd day. New song to me; something about a Rockstar. She sang it at the top of her lungs!!! I think we scared the hunters and deer off.
Can't think of a better way to spend the holiday than on the couch with MOM watching the best movie of all time "Steel Magnolias". Blessings from a MS girl now in TX.
Happy Thanksgiving too! It's Saturday but hey!
Enjoyed a nice dinner at the Omni Hotel with sweet friends. I too am greatful for the blog! I love seeing the pictures of the family, the beautiful scenes of the mountains and homes you and Amanda share. When I first got on back in June of 2006 it filled a place that I needed at the time. And it keeps filling me up to get to read and share. From this blog I've met a few woman and created my own blog and that was fun to do, too. (Melissa and Colin....mmmmmmm)
Yesterday was a wonderful day for me. My friend and I went to see Bella, sweet movie, than to Starbucks (of course!) and as we shared we touched hands and prayed. Then went to the guitar store and ran into two sweet guys that my friend knows and started playing songs we knew, playing on a very expensive guitar. That was neat!! Then we all 4 went to 2nd Baptist prayer room and prayed. My friend Margie has a key because she is a prayer wrarrior there. We all prayed for each other one at a time, what a load that was lifted from my shoulders! YEPPE! Thankful. But it already started at Starbucks when Margie touched my hand.
I think of how Peter said, "Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk..." Also I think of Elijah, a man of like passion yet he prayed bowing his head between his knees and it did not rain for 7 years. One man! He believed and prayed. Peter offered what he had...Dunamous power...The Holy Spirit and the man got up leaping and praising GOD! One man with the DUNAMOUS-POWER! Wow that is awesome. sorry for getting carried away here...Be careful on your travels home! Love, Allison
I'm a little late with this post but I just had to tell you something. I cried when I read these words:
Remember this holiday when “together” seems like “too-much-gether” to let people off the hook easily because you’re not dependent upon them to affirm you. Christ does that for you. Make a choice to laugh things off instead of taking an offense. Have a blast because God is good.
We had family in on Wednesday and Thursday for the holiday and both days family members had such attitudes that I almost decided to quit having them over for holidays ever again! And then I read these words and I know that the Lord had me read this for a reason. (This happens so often) I just wish that I had found the time to read them sooner!! You have no idea how I thank God for you and your good words. He has spoken to my heart through you and holidays will go on in this house because of it!!
Post a Comment
<< Home