Monday, February 8, 2010

Greetings this February Monday Morning!

Good morning, my dear Siestas! Checking in to say hello before this day shoots off like a rocket. I just finished my quiet time and this is normally when I'd go out to our garage to my universal gym and work out. Until my back injury heals, you can imagine that's off limits. I am slowing doing better though. I can even go for walks now and do certain floor exercises for it. Thank you so much for praying about it. It has been such a long (almost a year!) and painful ordeal. Honestly, my surgery (from a physical standpoint) was a cake walk compared to this but I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel and believing that another surgery will not have to be the answer.

I have to tell you the sweetest thing God has done for me and so much of it has been through you. Between the SSMT celebration at the end of January and (thus far) four book signings on the book tour, I have come face-to-face and short-story to short-story with more women than I've gotten to personally encounter in the last two years put together. We have hugged, laughed, said stuff like "You have got to be kidding me!" and "I know we'd be BFFs" and "Those are some danged good highlights you've got there, Sister" (me to them) ten thousand times and, when God would let that line dwindle down, some of us got to step to the side completely one on one and really talk. This is what I love. It's also what I get the least of in this season of ministry.

Don't get me wrong. I am constantly involved with women and have a steady dose of face-to-face encounters through the ministry and here in Houston but not very often when I'm out and about. I came home perhaps as exhausted as I have ever been (this book tour came a tad early in my post-op recovery) but my soul is full to the brim. For reasons known only to a God of immeasurably grace, I am called to serve women, just like many of you. Perhaps what I love best is that they come in all sorts of ages, just like all those young girls who saved a seat for me at church yesterday then hugged me to happy pieces when I got there (late). Like eighth grade Courtney who I've known all her life and who is now taller than Miss Beth but growing up so beautifully and gracefully I can hardly stand it. And like much younger Abigail who drew me a picture during the worship service and presented it to me at the end and asked me if we could ever have lunch. I am blessed beyond measure. Could honestly bawl about it.

Oh, the joys of girl world.

And the hard work! I could use your prayers this week. Bible study preparation today then teaching tomorrow night. Way before dawn Wednesday morning, Michelle (affectionately also known as "Hawk") and I will jump on a plane to Birmingham for signings in three bookstores there (I can't wait to meet you B-ham girls!), then late that night we will drive to Nashville and I will have the joy of also getting my arms around some darling necks in that home-away-from-home. So many good friends in that area. So, you won't waste a prayer on Michelle and me this week! I don't dread it though. I know that God will not only sustain and empower us. He will send us home with heads and hearts full of stories. Real, live face-to-face encounters. She and I have talked a hundred miles an hour about so many women we've met in the last week. So many Siestas! We were so glad to have Georgia Jan at the second bookstore signing in Atlanta so that she could amuse us by causing copious trouble. We do dearly love our Siestas.

OK, I better get to my day. Have already tarried way too long. I'll leave you with this:

My devotional time this morning was spent on the subject matter of anger. I thought to myself how life offers one opportunity after another to get hopping mad about something...or, more often, toward someone and what kind of price we pay. What kinds of words we say. Proverbs 16:32 (NET) says, "Better to be slow to anger than to be a mighty warrior, and one who controls his temper is better than one who captures a city." Let's quit blaming our hormones and our husbands and our workplaces and just bring our anger problems before God. Let's tell Him what we're mad about, repent for our reaction to it, ask Him to tend to us, heal us, free us. And, if the situation or relationship continues to be irresistibly, understandably infuriating, may He teach us how to refrain from sin in our anger until we can be loosed from it altogether.

For those of us who don't have one of those monumental, overwhelming reasons to be angry and we're just temperamental, irritable, and summarily lacking in self-control, sometimes it's just the matter of making a choice. As my grandmother used to say, we can get glad in the same clothes we got mad in.

Or, then again, we could just change clothes and see if that would help. One way or the other, it's time to get over it.

I love you, Siestas.

246 Comments:

At February 8, 2010 at 7:47 AM , Blogger fuzzytop said...

Hi Beth,

Will be praying for you and Michelle to have a wonder, and perhaps not too exhausting, week.

I so wish I could head up to Nashville and get my book signed, but alas, it is a work day.... Sigh. So just know I'm sending you a mental hug, and a huge thank-you with this comment.

Love and hugs,
Adrienne

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

Seriously! Taking a good "mad" or a good "sad" or a good "my feelings were hurt" (like my yesterday) WORKS with the Father EVERY TIME! He's good to Help! He is our Strength in our weakness! A mighty Help in times of trouble! A Stronghold. A Refuge. A Shield. A Friend.

Shall I go on???

I could... but you get the picture!

Love you, dearly friend! I'd love to see you in Bham on Wednesday. But I'm going with my Father to meet with His prison girls... and I'm mighty excited to see 'em!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Sister Lynn said...

Praying peace for you this busy week.

Wish I were somewhere close to one of the booksignings -alas, no such luck!

sending a hug -
Sister Lynn

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

The bit about changing clothes at the end - so true!! One of my English teachers in high school told us that it's easier to write an essay sometimes if you just take a moment to change clothes.
It's easier to deal with a situation if you take a moment to change your attitude. :)
I'm so sad I missed you in Atlanta this weekend, Beth, but it wasn't meant to be this time.
I'm starting the Patriarchs study with a group of girls in Rome, GA - most of them from my church, but some of them from my college as well. I have the overwhelming feeling that the Lord is just going to rock all of our socks!!
praying for you. thank you so much for all you do!
Beth from GA

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Blogger 3girlsmom said...

Can't wait to see u in Bham on Wednesday! Praying extra hard for you & "Hawk" this week!

Love you,
Robyn

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Desiree said...

Have you ever heard the children's song, "You can be happy if you decide to?" Check it out, you'll love it! May you be blessed today with focus, insight and energy! BTW, are you coming to Richmond, VA for a book signing? I am thrilled you will be coming in Aug. for an event!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beth,

I am so very glad that you are continuing to feel better. I live in Nashville and we are excited for you to come. I am sad I don't live closer to attend your Bible Study tomorrow and I pray the Lord speaks through you as you bring the Word.

Travel safe and know we are praying for you.

Karla
Nashville, TN

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Gena said...

Oh, Beth - you are such an inspiration. Forgive me for often thinking to myself that Beth Moore has it all - she doesn't need my prayers. I will keep you in my prayers. Please pray for me, too - I'm trying to find God's peace and joy in hard circumstances. I just hate that I get so down on myself. I don't want circumstances to constantly dictate my feelings and sense of self. Angry? Maybe a little...

Stay your sweet self.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing, Beth. Good stuff! I really appreciate you. "Get Out of That Pit" had a big impact on me. If you get a chance please vote for your fellow Siesta to open for TobyMac: http://rockthecamp.endavomedia.com/audio/15C25A33A2/glorious. Thank you and take care!!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

I don't know how you to do it all, but I'm so glad the Lord gives you the strength and even the 'want to' to keep on going. My 8 year old daughter has been asking me for two years to come the next time I get to see you. So, as a surprise to her (I already told her, could'nt keep it to myself), after work tomorrow night, we are driving 3 hours to spend the night and come to the first book signing in Birmingham. She is so excited. She was a little disappointed that you won't be teaching though. :) I told her we'd watch on Life Today before we go. She already struggles with insecurity...and I finally know what you mean when you said you didn't know you could hate an 8 year old. Girls are mean early. Thank you for all you do and I can't wait to see on Wednesday, however brief the time may be!! I'm almost finished with the book, but I will be reading it again. I almost felt like you crawled inside of my brain.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Warrior in Training said...

OOOOOHHHHHHH I so want my book signed tooooo.(whine-in case you didn't pick that up :0)).
So good to hear from you Siesta Mama! I will be saying a special prayer for you everyday this week and Ms Michelle. So glad to hear you've been having so many joys in your girl world lately from our Daddy.
So challenging me again today to bring it ALL to HIM. Thank you- for the book, the minute this morning, the ministry, the transparency, the love you lavish on us all of the time.
God's richest blessings to you this week and your family and the ministry. Love you......

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Bobbie said...

Praying for safe travel and full hearts during this next week's journey! Can't wait for our study tomorrow evening...

"Let's quit blaming our hormones and our husbands"...thank you for this!! I needed to hear that this morning and will revisit this post when my husband is at work today!!

I can't wait for my book to get here, I keep hovering around the mailbox-our postman is getting a little leary of stopping here!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Marla Taviano said...

I get what you're saying on the smallest scale. I get overwhelmed when I speak to groups of women (mostly 50-100). I would love the chance to chat with each one of them personally, but it's usually just a handful.

I'm SO glad God is allowing you an overdose of intimate encounters! LOVE those!

And don't get me started on Michelle. I loved getting to know her a little at the SiestaFesta, and I praise God for her!!

Praying for you both!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Chelle said...

Are you coming to the Memphis area to do a book signing? I would love to see you. I was privledged to see you in October when you were here speaking.

I've done quite a few of your bible studies and currently I'm doing "A Woman's Heart - God's Dwelling Place" again. When I originally did it, it was my first ever bible study. At the time, I wanted to learn more about the OT tabernacle and was thrilled to see a BS on it. It is even better the second time around.

Thanks for all your hard work!
Michelle
Southaven, MS

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Kori said...

Thank you for sharing your devotional with us this morning. I am embarrassed to say that anger is my weak point! Oh how I struggle with this. Thank you for your wise words! I have gotten so much better, but it is still a struggle for me almost every day.

You and Michelle will be in my prayers. God bless you for your dedication and willingness to serve all of us women! You have been a huge blessing to my self and the women of our church! Thank you.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Brandi said...

Thanks for the encouraging words to start my work week. I get so frustrated and mad here at works over stupid stuff, I've never really thought of "giving" it to God, I just always asked Him to get me out of here!! Thanks for the insight. Have a good week and will be praying strength over ya!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:08 AM , Blogger SarahRach said...

Beth, I was able to meet you at the first book signing in Ga--I was with the girl that made you pose for a picture with her stuffed pig--I'm sure you remember us ; ) Anyway, I just wanted to say I started the book and cannot stop. THANK YOU so much for writing this book! I will be at the conference in Atlanta in April and cannot wait. I am so greatful for your ministry. The Holy spirit has taught me so much through your teaching. Bless you!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wish I was going to be in B'ham! But please know I have been praying for you here in Satsuma this morning even before getting to Your 'Greeting' this morning. And it will be my pleasure to pray specifically for you and Michelle this week.
I am reading So Long Insecurities and writing all in it! I told my Man that this is one book that I will not be loaning out MY copy, will just have to buy them one. Oh the STUFF I am learning about me! Thank you, Beth. I cannot tell you how I love you for being you in Christ Jesus!!!
Holy Hugs, Kathie

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Beth! I noticed that the link I gave you to vote for me to open for TobyMac got broken...tear. :) Here it is again: http://rockthecamp.endavomedia.
com/audio/
15C25A33A2/
glorious. That's the url. If it doesn't work my name is Jessica Baughman and the song is "Glorious." The contest is Rock the Camp. Thank you so much!!! Can't wait to read your new book!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Beth!
I know I have blogged this on numerous occasions but let's just make it one more time.....I am SOOOO thankful that God has called you to serve us women! I have had what I call 3 strong Christian mentors in my 31 years as a believer (spiritual birthday is Thursday) and I really should say 4 because God has used you in such in incredible way in my life! I have grown so much thru participating and facilitating your Bible studies and then this past year when this "silver haired" thing memorized 24 Scriptures and was able to recite them with such clarity! Thank you, thank you, thank you for being obedient to God even when it is difficult. I pray for all of you regularly.

On a different note.....I'm sick that I cannot drive up to B'ham for the book signing.....this coach/PE teacher must be about her job here.

See you in December at the Deeper Still event in Birmingham!

Blessings to you!
Ginger
Wetumpka

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Angie said...

Prayers will definitely be going up for you and "Hawk" this week as you travel and bless more ladies in your ministry.

Thanks you for sharing about anger... sometimes, I am to quick to blame it on someone or something else, when I just need to take it to my Father and let Him deal with it and me! God loves us and just wants all of us.
Thanks for the reminder!

Safe travels my friend!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:10 AM , Blogger ~A said...

Good morning Beth!
I'll be praying for you and Michelle this week.

I have to tell you that I have cried my way through the first to chapters of this book. The first chapter talking about affirmation. "What if no one tells us that? Will we still find a way to be okay?" Yeah...I need this discussion group!

I love that you are having so much fun running into people, siestas and otherwise.

We just got 24 inches of snow. Hope you're going to warm places!

Love,
Anne
(Virginia)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Kristi Stewart said...

Love to you this February Monday Morning Siesta Mama! Thanks for all you do!

Kristi

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Longmeadow Mama said...

What a nice surprise hearing from you on this glorious Monday morning. Thank you so much for checking in!
Much love and many prayers,
Kelli

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Yolanda said...

Hello Beth,

I am praying for your week as it is full to the brim and I can see a Latte or two finding their way into your existince this week. We are so much better for all the time, energy and heart you pour out onto each one of us, so much better. Why? Because you are transparent and share what the Lord is teaching you with us. THANK YOU!

I live in a very rural area of Kansas so the book signings won't be coming near me. But I'm making a trek to Atlanta in April and I praise God for putting this special trip together.

This morning I came across a delgithful writer and she said, anger is just one letter away from danger. Then I came here....God's speaking Girlfriend and I TRULY am listening.

With deep love and affection,
Yolanda

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I would love it if you came to MI for a book signing! I would gladly act as your personal Starbucks runner and all around servant! ;)

My husband picked up So Long Insecurity for me the day it came out! I am currently a full time student so my reading for fun time is very limited (which makes me sad!) but I've been able to devour a couple of chapters and can't wait to get to the rest of it! (It'll have to wait until after tomorrow--big exam.)

Thank you for serving us for unselfishly.
Teri
Romeo-MI

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Rebecca said...

wow beth - i dealt with anger like that just last night - thank you for possting about you devotional

prayers are with you
rebecca

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Cheryl Barker said...

Loved that saying of your grandmother's -- we can get glad in the same clothes we got mad in. Had never heard that before. Sounds like such a mom and grandmom thing to say. And those things usually hit the nail on the head, don't they?!

May God carry you through your demanding week, Beth!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:19 AM , Blogger Anna Mitchell said...

Miss Beth, did someone contact you about me? I've had a personal struggle for several weeks with being angry with a fellow sister. The short of it is: my feelings got hurt and I handled the situation ALL wrong. I don't typically allow myself little outbursts, but boy this time I did! My little light didn't shine. I've gone to the person to asked for forgiveness- I must say, God forgave me much more freely than she did...which increased my frustration and stretched my humility rubber band to it's max! But my precious Father reminded me during some of my personal alone time with Him of how He prunes us- and our pruning is painful- but necessary for us to not only bear more fruit, but the kind of fruit He has predistined for us to bear. My humility rubber band relaxed and I told Him then to prune me until I am beautiful and overflowing with His fruit!...then I changed my clothes and that did indeed help my attitude as well.
*wink* I love you dearly!
Wish you were signing some books in Tyler Texas area- would love to see you.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
Praying God will energize and protect you & Melissa this week. My very best friend lives in Birmingham (I'm in Arizona)... oh how I wish I could go there too! I miss her SO much, I could cry about it right now...
Anyway, I want to tell you that I'm so grateful you love us (the women you so faithfully serve) like you do. Isn't God amazing! I'm forever fascinated by the friends I have in Him... women that I don't have much in common with besides the fact that we both LOVE our God. He forms some pretty strong, enduring bonds between us. What a gift we have in Him and in each other! Love you, Miss Beth!

Sending hugs and blessings,
Susannah

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Micheledidasko said...

Yes I was sad that I didn't get the opportunity to talk with you at the SSMTC, but was grateful to be able to tell you I love you and get a picture.

I know you would love to hear my story, God has been busy. A few years ago, He used your "Breaking Free" study to bring my own childhood abuse to my conciousness. I also have the gift of teaching, but I haven't been using it very much - still working through a lot of junk, including overwhelming anger.

I have been praying for your health, and will definitely pray for you and Michelle on your trip this week.

I love you too, Mama

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:27 AM , Blogger valerie said...

You are definitely in my prayers this week!

I sure wish there was a book signing in my area! :(
Think you might ever come to OKC? :)

I love you Beth and I'm so thankful you are enjoying meeting so many Siestas and those you have mentored through the years.

Thank you for the thought on anger. Sooo true!
I like the part about changing clothes. :)

Take care of yourself!

Love you,
Valerie

P.S. Our ladies are supposed to start the Revelation study tonight and I had told them if it snows we'd have to canel. It's snowing in OKC and is heading our way. There are going to be some very disappointed Heart to Heart Sisters. :(

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Monday Morning Beth. Glad to hear that your feeling better. We are praying for your health and your busy week too.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Judy from NC said...

Oh, Beth, you are so approachable and sweet. I saw how you patiently hugged almost every Siesta in Houston at the SMT event even though you were still recuperating and exhausted. I just a read a book "Pearl Girls" and one girl said she saw you in Jerusalem and so wanted to go over and speak to you but wouldn't do it because she knew you were probably always bothered by folks. I so wished I could speak up for you and tell her you would love that! God has certainly gifted you with teaching ability and with "reaching"ability.
Consider yourself hugged again from this grateful Siesta, Bible study student and leader! God bless your trip with that darlin Michelle.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Bridgette Jencks said...

Will be praying (extra) for you this week! I was SO close to being able to be at one of those Birmingham signings, but my doctors' appointment changed!!!! AAAAAAGGGHHH! I dare him! So, we'll miss out :( Have a great time - I'll get my hug one day :)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:35 AM , Blogger bethany said...

Good Morning Beth!
So nice to hear from you here on the blog this cold, dark (sun has not risen yet), California morning!
I'll pray for you and Michelle this week as you are traveling about.
Been reading your book and excited to go through it with my fellow siestas here on the blog :)
And about anger...hmmmm....heard a whole sermon yesterday on it too. I never take that lightly...definately something God wants my attention on.
Have a blessed day siesta mama!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Beth,
I will be praying for you, your safety and strength.
I too have had problems with back and neck. I recently had a problem with mine and have been in physical therapy. I started taking a mineral supplement called Bone Restore by Life Extension and I tell you it has really helped in the healing.
Enjoying the book.
Take Care in Christ,
Andrea

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:44 AM , Blogger TeriAnnElizabeth said...

I saw the book right at the front door of the Bristol Books A Million Store! I walked in yesterday and there you were up front with "The Help" and the other bestsellers.

My husband thinks I'm crazy as a loon..totally crazy. I teared up in the middle of BAM and said, "I've missed her so much. You just have no idea how much I've missed her! No one gets me like she does..except Jesus and I need her in my life!"

Needless to say, he thinks I'm stark raving mad, but he did say you were still beautiful. You give us 50 year old hope in so many ways.

I need this book, this study, Miss Beth and Jesus more than ever in this season of my life!

Love and tender hugs for your poor back!
Teri

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

I need to change clothes this morning, not just because I need an attitude adjustment -- but also because I'm not quite sure my outfit actually matches. Oops?

I so want to come meet you in Nashville this week, but it looks unlikely with work and such. Could you maybe just wear your hair a wee bit higher than normal for me so I can at least know you're in my state? Maybe a Bump-It or two? (They come three to a pack, but I think wearing three at one time might be pushing it a bit.)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Oh yeah! I love my times with girls whether it is scrap booking, shopping, Bible studies or pouring our hearts out over a good cup of coffee. Sometimes when feelings threaten to overwhelm my desicion making, God, girlfriends, and wardrobe change helps.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Beth, I so needed this today. I am sitting here absolutely in tears, because you just brought something I struggle with in such a light... I honestly cannot ignore this any more. I wish you could know how many times something I try to push down and hide gets a big bright spotlight put on it because of your blog, and how grateful I am to feel someone really, truly cares.

Thank you for this. I don't usually comment, but I had to today. I'm praying for a peaceful, happy trip for you (Birmingham is my home town - I am trying to get my own Mama and her Life Connection ladies to your signing since I can't make the one in The Woodlands.)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Cheri D. said...

Hi Beth,
I can relate to your 'year of recovery' as I am beginning one myself.
May Moses' blessing on Asher be yours this week ...
"Your sandals shall be iron and bronze;
As your days so shall your strength be."
Deut 33:25
Blessings!
Cheri

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa, this must be a God siting. I just wrote in journal less than 24 hrs ago on how angry I was. Looks like God is journaling me right back.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Heather said...

The word about anger just really spoke to me. Some things have been really getting to me. But today I woke up and said I have a choice today how to react. Your word was such a confirmation from the Lord! Isn't he good!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Dionna said...

Oh I do envy the siestas who are getting to meet you (in a good way). But I do hope that we don't drain you too much. Sometimes I think about who offers YOU the support and encouragement and strength that you need! From another woman in ministry (albeit a small one) I know how much that is needed when you pour out your heart and soul all of the time.

As for touching on anger... I JUST wrote an article about anger yesterday! I was astonished you mentioned it. Haven't printed it yet though. Maybe God's ready to deal with us all on this subject?? :)

HUGS...

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with what you said at the end of your post this morning, Beth. It's time for me to get over this situation with my husband's handicapped child and let God do what He will in the situation. Believe me, I feel like a selfish rat, just because I want to be with my husband a little more. I know my heart can change with God's help. There is too much work to be done in this world to spend a minute in bitterness. I just backslide in the situation. I think I'm angry at myself too.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:13 AM , Blogger God's not so little dutch girl said...

So glad to hear you areseeing improvenment with your back! I will continue to pray for you. Will also be praying for you and Michelle! Needed to hear the advice about anger. Sometimes I'm amazed at how quickly it can flare up! One verse that helped me put it into a different perspective is Proverbs 29:11," A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control." That one hit me right between the eyes!
Love you lots! Consider yourselves hugged from Michigan! Joan

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Jamey Lynne said...

I'm from Birmingham, and I'm so disappointed that I'm not there and not able to go to any of (or all three of - haha) the signings... I hope you love my city and the women there... Say hello for me! I'm teaching in Honduras and won't be "home" until June! :)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Beth. I will be praying for strength for you this week. Look forward to fighting the crowd at the Franklin Lifeway this week...hope I make it in the door! :)

I just read that verse in Proverbs in every translation imaginable and ran across this one in the Easy-to-Read version -- which incidentally was written specifically for deaf people because of their lack of knowledge of some of the English words used in some other versions - thought that so interesting.

Anyway, loved this:

"It is better to be patient than to be a strong soldier. It is better to control your anger than to take control over a whole city."

Controlling our anger sometimes seems like a monumental task and here it suggests that it is harder than conquering a whole city...but is still far better!

Thanks for the challenge this week! Wish I had read this scripture about 90 minutes ago before I got all bent out of shape over a whiney little 8 year old girl.

Lord, help me choose the better thing today -- choosing patience over anger!

Blessings,
Dori

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:16 AM , Blogger NikkiPoppins said...

Good Morning Mama Beth!
I am so excited to get to see you this week!! I am going to be in Cool Springs, hopefully hanging with some other Siestas in line and having some awesome girl time! I love waiting in line with friends and making new ones...some of my nearest and dearest have been met in lines!

I promise to not cause too much trouble like Mrs Jan...Although ya never know what's going to happen when you get a bunch of Siestas together! ;)

I will be praying for you and your Hawk as y'all travel and meet and greet! Say hi to all my B'ham peeps! I know that several are hoping to see you!

Love you lots dear lady and I'm praying for you!

Nikki

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Heather W said...

Beth - Your word on anger just confirms what God has been telling me!! Happiness is a choice that we have to make. And trust me, it's not easy, but with God we can do anything! : )

There is something our pastor said the other day and I think it applies to this... Build a bridge and get over it!! It reminds me of something you would say!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!

Love,
Heather

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Linda said...

Thank you for the memories. My granny use to say that same thing.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Leslie Lauren said...

Wishing you could come to the Orlando area :) :) :) Got my Insecurity book on Saturday and was tickled pink to find that my co-worker also bought herself and her 14 year old daughter two Insecurity books over the weekend :) :) :)

Thank you for posting about anger. This is something I am constantly working on. Love you so much <3 <3 <3

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:23 AM , Blogger gg2002 said...

Great to hear from you and I will be praying for you and Michelle !! Wish you were coming to Dallas for a book signing!!! Thanks for sharing the section on anger I needed that.

Have a blessed day and blessed week and trip

GG2002
Judy Baggett

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Redeemed said...

Praying for your trip and your back! Try Biofreeze, it helps me alot!

And I love your Grandma's quote. I'm remembering that one.

Love and blessings!!!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:24 AM , Blogger michellemabell said...

Praying for you and Michelle on your journey.

And praying for the David study. :)
I just started the Revelation dvds and oh is it good!!

Much love and blessings to you,

Michelle in VT

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Christ's Treasure said...

Good to hear from you, Beth!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Lisa B said...

Praying for you and Michelle to have a great week. Thanks Beth for all you do! Have done several of your studies and they are a blessing to me. My mom use to tell me the same thing about getting glad and mad in the same clothes! It is so true!
Love and Prayers
Lisa B.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

Oh Mama Beth,
I will continue to pray for you and Michelle this week. I got my book this last week so I am so excited to start and I am going to hear you via simucast...dear hubby surprised me with this....he knew I wanted so bad to see you and so I am seeing you sorta so imagine my arms hugging you and thank you for your words this monrning. I have been dealing with some fear and insecurity issues that came to a royal head this past week and well let us say my anger came right along with it. So I needed these words this morning.

Love you and don't forget to rest when you can

love and hugs
Tammy

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Anonymous Village Sister said...

Dear Beth,
Fifteen minutes ago I was in my bathroom putting on my make-up & praying. I asked God to send me a word today to share with someone I love dearly & who my heart is absolutely breaking for, as they struggle in a massive,ongoing anger/self-control war.

Thank you for sharing your quiet time material. It gives me just what I need today to speak the truth in love to my loved one.
Would you say a prayer for me as I go in Jesus' name?

Glory to our wonderful Lord!
Thanks again!
Love you to pieces!

p.s.-I will pray for you as you travel. You'll be coming right by me as you go from B-ham to Nashville. :)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Fliterary said...

Praying for you, sweet lady and sending a HUGE (but very gentle) hug-your-neck-cyber-hug!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Sacha said...

So good to hear from you Beth! I will not make it to any of your book signings but I am anxiously awaiting my pre-ordered copy of the book and for the simulcast to be done in April. There are two churches hosting it in my area and I can't wait to attend! I love you and your family so much and I will be praying for you and "Hawk" this week!
In Christ,
Sacha

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Micheledidasko said...

ps - and I'm glad Michelle is going with you. I noticed at the SSMTC that Michelle and Sabrina worked very hard to take care of you.

I'm thankful that you have people close to you that have your best interests at heart and are diligent about protecting you - even from all of us who want to love on you.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Love you precious lady!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Kay Barnes Martin said...

Continuing to pray for you! Loved your comments about anger.

Serving Him.
Kay Martin

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:55 AM , Blogger trichie said...

Amen! Heard Grandma's britches comment myself growing up =)Changing clothes sound like a logical idea to me! Safe travels and continued blessings!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Ashli said...

Thank you for that, I am sitting in a situation right this very second that could make me blow my top (or eat a pint of ice cream) but I am gonna give it to God and let him have it.
I needed a reminder though, and some new clothes!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:59 AM , Blogger Shelli Littleton said...

Beth, so thankful the Lord is refreshing and ministering to you ... as He has so refreshed and ministered to us through you.

You are darling.
shelli

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Beth Herring said...

So wishing that I lived Close to a book signing, but I am still on such a high from getting a neck hug from you and your new book at the SSMTC! That was such a glimpse of the favor of GOd.

Praying for safe travel, His sufficiency in all things and a glorious time in Him!

Love to you,

Beth Herring

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

Praying for your travels and healing for your back.
God is just so surprising, I really don't know why I say that, because I know that he does or says things just when I need them and then BOOM it happens and I am surprised. What am I talking about, you ask? This morning I was talking to God about these irritations(people) in my life that frankly tick me off, and thanking him, because iron sharpens iron. I am sure that the very thing that makes me mad you know personality stuff about them also mine irritates them. I tend to hate confrontation, and you can guess what kind of people are drawn to me, and of course they can't stand passive people...so...
Thank you God for the Word you gave to me through Beth, a great confirmation. Sorry for the long message.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM , Blogger TN Girl said...

Dearest Beth,

Happy Monday and I pray Jesus all over you and Michelle as you travel and meet with women. May He bless you as you have blessed us! (Which is a major helping of blessing!)

My husband and I had a few angry words yesterday, so me who has ears let me hear! Thanks for the Word! Love you much!

Pam

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Alta Lynn said...

Beth, thank you for the encouragemnet this morning. A good word in due season...I receive it dear friend") Praying for you and Michelle this week. Refreshed energy and strength for your bodies. Fresh infilling of His Holy Spirit for your output") Hearts and lives to be touched and forever changed by the His glory overflowing from you.
Love you so much.

Altalynn
Sharpsville, Indiana

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Patty said...

Praying for you and "Hawk" this week. ;) May God give you the strength and energy for your book signings. I am thinking of coming to Franklin, Cool Springs to see you. :) If I am there I will be with our sweet Nikki and hopefully meet some new Siestas!!

Much love,
Patty

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:07 AM , Blogger rootedinlove said...

God Bless you sister. You warm my soul.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

HI Beth,

Once again, you have spoken to my heart about the very situation that I am in. On Friday, one of the bosses at work really laid into me for no good reason. He is just one of those people and this time it was my turn. I got in my car really upset; glad that I didn't say anything insubordinate but mad that I had to take it and going over the things I would have said to him before I recommitted my life to Christ. I needed some bible teaching and remembered that I had a "Wednesdays with Beth" CD in my stereo. I turned it on and they announced the topic....."Loving Dificult People". Come on! REALLY!!!! Yes, I listened and thank you, Beth, I spent some time in the evening praying for this man (although I have prayed for him before because he is just so miserable to EVERYONE that he must be in a world of pain), before and after my birthday party that is.

Today, dealing with residual anger, here's your blog about it.
How did you know??
You are such a blessing to me in my spritual walk!!!!! Never ever doubt the deep Godly impact that you have on all those you touch and teach!

May God Bless you always and especially now during your busy schedule as you recuperate!

In Christ,
Sue

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying that your energy level sustains, and that the weather front refrains. Enjoyed meeting you and GA Jan Friday. The PopTart girls.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Bitsy said...

OOOOOOO!!!! I am getting soooo stinkin' excited about Thursday, I could just pop! :)

Praying that you and Michelle have safe travels here, and that God blesses you with some rest, too!

See you soon!

Bitz

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Meredith said...

Hey Beth,
I just wanted to say a quick word of thanks for your ministry & your desire to connect with women. I was getting ready this morning with curling iron in one hand and hairspray in the other as I listened to your study on Proverbs: "Wising Up". It was about the anxious heart - something that this 25 year old struggles with constantly. God is using your teaching to minister to me & to change my broken heart. I love you even though it don't know you.
Thanks so much!
Meredith

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for that word this morning Miss Beth - i needed to hear it. Need to make better choices!

Praying safe travels for you...so wish you were coming to Tulsa!! Bought my book and can't wait to dive it (been doing Annointed, Transformed and Redeemed - fabulous!!)

Blessings to you,
Cindy

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the "hawk" - i am lovingly giggling withy'all not aty'all...Have a blessed day and a blessingful trip!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Praying for you, Siesta Mama!

Can I just say something here?? By writing this post, I think you have encouraged women greatly. You have had major surgery, endured extreme back pain, and encountered some difficulties in recovery. And you know what? You haven't complained about it once. Instead, you give great glory and praise to God and constantly believe in Him to meet your needs. I'm a big supporter of speaking God's truth over our lives and not speaking and dwelling on the negative. You have spoken God's truth over your life and on your blog--I am grateful.

Much love to you!
Rebecca

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:22 AM , Anonymous Julie said...

Hey Beth,
It was such a pleasure/joy/ overwhelming moment to meet you at the 1st GA book signing on friday. I got so nervous I was shacking before I walked up there. I am the one who had emailed Melissa about Columbia. I did not get the chance to tell you but I hope and pray one day God will use me to rich just a piece of the women you have reached. You have been such a influence in my life. I will see you in April at Woodstock.
Blessings on your travels this week.
Love in Christ,
Julie

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! Bless you! Thank you! bless you! Right on time, Beth!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Dear Beth,
I heard you were just miles away from my home Friday morning. Oh how I wanted to come & just seek your encouragement & Godly advice! I very rarely leave comments here, but God has spoken to me many times through this blog. And again this morning in telling me to "get over it". With a heavy heart, and tears in my eyes, I want so much to "get over it". I've been hurt & angry at times over a big "mess" at church, that has resulted in a split & many damaged relationships. I am praying God will "loose' me from these feelings, so I can stop thinking about it & all that has been done to us. Just wanted to thank you for sharing this morning. :) {{Hugs from GA}}

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Emmy said...

I ADORED getting to hug your sweet neck Friday morning in Atlanta! (and at the SSMT) My heart has been full to the brim too! Thank you Jesus!

In fact after I left Borders, I went to Williams-Sonoma next door... I couldn't quit smiling in my heart! I was so overwhelmed... I just knelt right there by the utensils and thanked Him!

Will be praying for you and Michelle! Emmy : )

(I am embarrassed to admit but I am the one who about knocked you over coming out of the bathroom! I think I may have screamed or made some weird sound... I am so sorry it was just such a Happy Surprise!!)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:35 AM , Blogger denise in ky said...

Beth,
Thanks for taking the time to email us. I am so thankful that God is blessing your book signings. You mean so much to us and I am thankful that we are a blessing and not a burden.
Praising Him for all you've taught and continue to teach.
Safe travels and may He continue to bless you with amazing stories that come from your obedience to teach us truth and to call us out on the carpet before the Lord.
All Glory to HIM...
Denise

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Blogger BillsGirl said...

Hi Beth,

You are such a blessing to us Siestas. Your words were just what I was needing this morning.

It is snowing here in MSP, and it was a long drive to work this morning. Proverbs 16:22 was just what I need to hear/read.

Count on my prayers for your continued healing and for a blessed time on the road for your book tour. So wish you were coming up here to fly-over land. You could do it at the Mall of America, and then do some shopping We have no sales tax on clothes. Just a thought... :-)

Blessings for a wonderful week,
Mary Ann
Woodbury, MN

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM , Anonymous April said...

Loved huggin' your neck Saturday!! Thanks for being a part of my 40th birthday!! It truly was my best birthday EVER!!! And, by-the-way, I DID order the sunshine specifically for my day...note the overcast skies Friday and Sunday LOL LOL

April

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Get REAL! said...

Help. I'm trying to register for the So Long Insecurities and can't seem to get it done. How can I make sure I am registered. I am unable to get logged in...can't receive new password or re-register. I don't want to miss it.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:44 AM , Blogger nurselee said...

Wisdom I needed today about anger issues, thanks Beth. Will be praying for your tour events.u

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:46 AM , Blogger ocean mommy said...

Praying for safe travel and a sweet sweet time this week!

Love and hugs!
stephanie

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:52 AM , Blogger Moose Mama said...

Oh, my bff Adrienne is first!!! Hi You!!!

OK, this is an area in which God has poked me with a big stick for years!! And we (HIM and me) are fighting and winning this battle!! ALL to Him is the Glory!

Love these lines:
"refrain from sin in our anger until we can be loosed from it altogether."

AND

"we can get glad in the same clothes we got mad in."

Lovin your grandma!

Blessings for you and Michelle this week. Be on the lookout for Moose!!! You never know where they'll turn up :)

Melana

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Barb said...

It's amazing how you hit the nail on the head right when I need it most!!! Thank you for that reminder! I have been struggling with getting rid of my anger at a perceived injustice & escalated drama over my innocent remark-not being treated the way I thought I should have-& resisting the urge to say my constant, often unneccessary, 'please like me': "I'm sorry". I will take the matter further with Him for tending, healing, & freedom & guidance!!!

Continued prayers for healing and safety on your travels!

with love,
Barb, Prescott Valley, AZ

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I realized last week that I've been nursing some pretty serious anger. Nursing takes so much energy, doesn't it? I had no idea how to let it go. But God sort of jerked it away from me Sunday morning. I don't want it back. Thank you so much for your words and service.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:57 AM , Anonymous karen proano said...

Praying for your healing Beth and sending a big thank you hug to you from Vancouver WA! Can't wait to see you in Spokane come October!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Dinahloo said...

I told my pastor years ago,if I didn't have to go to work I'd be perfect! There are a few people I work with that are INFURIATING. And to top that off, I work in a women's prison, so there are all kinds of "selfish" people to deal with.
Lord, please deal with me!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Sarah M. said...

I'm beginning to think you're preaching to me! We just covered Esther Session 2 last night in Bible Study - and Haman and his meanness. It's ok though, I needed to hear it. And I'm sure I'll need to hear it again.

Thanks Siesta Mama! See you in Lutz in April!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO, FELLOW SIESTAS! Amanda is awesome, like you already know, and said that I could comment about a contest I entered to open for TobyMac. You can vote once every 24 hours for my song "Glorious." The url is http://rockthecamp.endavomedia.com/audio/
15C25A33A2/glorious. You will probably have to type it in or you can copy and paste it off my website: www.myspace.com/jessbaughman. Thanks in advance for your support and encouragment! Much love,
Jessica Baughman

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers dear sister. Thank you for the words on anger and irritability. God is certainly changing me. I seek Him much more often than I used to when I am annoyed by someone. Praise God, He loves me so much He refuses to let me be. I am so grateful for that.

Have a blast on your road trip.

Forever His,

Lawan
Phil 4:8

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Trista Brom said...

Dearest Beth,

I am SO excited that you are coming to Birmingham this week! I cannot wait to meet you and have you sign my book! After completing two of your studies (A Woman's Heart and the Esther study), I am hooked on the down-to-earth way you present the Good News! You are such a blessing for the kingdom, and you have made a difference in my life by helping me fall in love with Jesus all over again. Safe travels and lots of love to you, and see you Wednesday!

Trista

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll shoot up some prayers for the two of you. I sure wish you were doing a book signing here in Az, cause I would really like to meet you face to face sometime. Anyway, I hope all goes well.

Regarding the anger stuff it is a good reminder thanks. It is the execution that gets a little tricky at times. Going to leave this anonymous today cause well insecurity reasons. Hmmm, maybe I need to read a new book by a certain author about that very subject.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:13 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Nikki Poppins! Neatest name ever! Is that your real last name or a blogger name? I love it.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Kristib said...

Hello Siesta Mama!

I will be praying for you and Michelle!

I have to tell you the anger message hit me where I live. We just had to send our sixteen year old "adopted daughter", that had been living with us, back to her mom. Her family situation is not good, to say the least. But we really had no other choice.

We are so angry right now we can hardly stand it. I know you have had some experience with this. We keep asking "why?"

Thank you so much for the timely devotion message! It really does help.

Also thank you for all you do in the service of our Lord!

Much love!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Kari Day said...

This is a great verse for me to remember as Valentines day draws near!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:29 AM , Anonymous martie said...

thanks so much for making me smile & think at what is a very "blah" (nice descriptive word, huh?) time for me.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Beth
Praying for safe travel for you and Michelle, continued healing of your back pain and the changed lives that will result from your new book. The west coast is not on the book signing tour but maybe you would consider coming this way next time. Thank you so much for your timely advise on anger as I get glad in my mad clothes. Busted!! But God is faithful. I will now change my clothes and start the day again. It's still early out west. Love you the most

Carolyn
Oceanside Calif

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:31 AM , Blogger Kim said...

Beth, I am doing the study "Living Beyond Yourself" and this week the fruit is "Faithfulness". I have shared pieces of this study ("peace" and "hope")with a dear friend whose Mom is battling 2 types of leukemia. I held my friend in church yesterday as she cried about the uncertainty of what will happen with her Mom and I wished I knew what to say to encourage her. This morning, I had the answer in Day 2 of "Faithfulness". I was filled with thankfulness for the study and the words that will comfort my friend. Thank you for all you do to serve women.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM , Blogger rebekah said...

Just what I needed to hear today. Thank you.

Love, Rebekah

P.S. Will keep you in mind and prayer this week!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,

Praying for God's strength to sustain you through all of His work this week. I'm so glad to hear a progress report - you have gotten back into busyness so quickly with the surgery and disk problems too.

Thanks for sharing your grandmother's wisdom with us. So very true.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
Your words have meant much to me this morning. My two crazy identical boy toddler twins are down for a nap and I've just left the floor of my laundry room, where I shut myself in, sank to my knees, and let the tears fall before my Father. I just feel like such a total failure. I just CAN NOT keep my composure around them lately. They are the sweetest little boys and they are gifts from God, but they. are. driving. me. NUTS. When, when will this get easier??? I thought for sure it would be by now! And I am such a horrible failure. All I do is yell. I want so much to be the mother He is calling me to be, and I fall SO far short. Sometimes I feel like such a failure, I'm frightened. Frightened that I am ruining their lives, and that I'm never going to be any better than this. I know that God equips whom He calls, but I am just so, so unequipped to do this lately. I know I need to bring my anger and frustration to Him, and I just don't know why that's so hard for me lately. For some reason I just don't ever have time for God in my days any more. I appreciate you sharing. I appreciate you calling me up higher. I usually leave my name when I comment on your wonderful blog, but I'm just too ashamed to be anything other than anonymous today.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Kierstan said...

Praying for you and darling 'hawk'. I pray you have a flood of joy.

Thank you for the thought on anger...something we need to be reminded of. Sometimes I have a feeling of anger and I don't know the root/why. The LORD takes the time to show me if I take the time to listen. Usually has nothing to do with my hormones. Yep, He's still working on me!

Love you Miss Beth, expect HIM TO BE HUGE in your day today.

-kd
Portland, Oregon

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:50 AM , Blogger lavonda said...

What a good word on Anger. I don't really have any right now myself, but like my mom has always said, stick around for 15 minutes and things might change. :) I also love what the one comment said about anger being one letter off from danger.
W O W. I guess so.

It was so nice to have some face to face time with you this week Miss Beth. and my Emily was so tickled to spend time with you too!

much love,
lavonda

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:51 AM , Blogger beckyjomama said...

Prayin you up mama Beth - wish you were coming to Michigan ... but really, who wants to come here in February?!?!?! So, instead, I will conme to YOU in Atlanta for the SLI simulcast. Me and some of the very best friends I have in this life. Friends I met through this little blog. You will NEVER know how thankful I am that you follow Him so diligently! THis community is CLEARLY from Him.

Love you!
Becky Jo

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:52 AM , Anonymous P Twilley said...

Amen sister, amen! What a perfect and timely WORD!

I will truly be praying for you and "the Hawk"as you travel this week! I pray that someday you will come to the Eastern Shore of Maryland for a book signing. We have a Barnes and Noble here! lol!

Please keep us in your prayers as we dig out from this second major snow storm (in a week)and are expecting more snow tomorrow.

God has His way of slowing us down to spend more time with Him, doesn't he?

Many Blessings,
Phyllis
Salisbury, MD

 
At February 8, 2010 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Tim and Christie said...

O my! The Lord and I have been talking about my anger for a couple of weeks now...Neither of us are happy with it!

My 4 girls and I all overslept this morning, (easy to do when Daddy's out of town) so I didn't get to have my quiet time before the whirlwind began. I just stole a minute and read the blog--and what do you know the Lord made sure that I did not forget the task at hand! Love His encouragment to keep at it! Thanks for letting Him use you, Beth! Praying for you!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

Ephesians 6:16:
And also use the shield of faith with which you can stop all the burning arrows of the Evil One.

Ephesians 3:12:
In Christ we can come before God with freedom and without fear. We can do this through faith in Christ.


SENDING
"travel,rest,health,calming"
PRAYERS with you and Michelle as you venture out to reach others in the book signing journey.

I need Prayer too!!
Having an MRI(brain)
on Thursday@ 2:15pm
Asking for SIESTA prayers !!!

(((((( HUGS )))))))))
to Beth, Michelle, Amanda, Melissa, LPM, & my SIESTAS!!!!

With "Heaven Bound" blessings,
Kim Safina

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, you always know just what to bring up (or is it the Holy Spirit??) that I need to hear! How is it that God brought up anger in YOUR quiet time, when I was the one who needed to hear it?! (OK, He brought it up in my quiet time too!)

I'm so looking forward to the day when I won't have to deal with this anymore! When I'll have a new, improved body with no more pesky sin nature to deal with! I struggle so with SELF -- it's all about me!! Yesterday I was bummed out because my husband left me to watch the Superbowl with men at a Rescue Mission (he had wonderful stories to tell of the men he met). Now, how selfish is it of me to be bummed when I have such a wonderful, servant hubby??

Anyway, the Lord was dealing with me about it. I've memorized Psalm 16:8 and it's my new favorite verse: "I have set the Lord [not self] always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is GLAD, and my glory rejoices. My flesh also shall rest in hope."

So last night, when I was feeling alone and lonely, I just reached out my right hand and let Jesus hold my hand! How precious! I was immediately awash with His presence, and feeling loved and .... yes, GLAD! Praise God for His mighty Word and its power to deal with my stuff!!

Praying for you this week.
Love you, in Him,
Pat
P.S. My girls and I just howled at the last Esther video when you said you combed your hair with a fork!! :) lol I have a mental picture of that!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings back at cha!! :O) Beth!

I sit here finishing day two and beginning day three of Esther, week one! O, pray for me, I am the type that does not picture a thing in my mind..any thing with electrified excitement and heightened emotion finds my minds eyes sealed shut til it's over and to try to "read it like a cinematographer would have seen it" is challenging! Now give my oldest son the challenge and he is all over it! I take on the emotion of the scene not the illustrative view of the scene.

I can not wait for tomorrow! Isn't that when we start our interaction with you on the blog in reference to "So Long Insecurity"? I am more than 1/2 way through the book and have sticky notes all over the place! I am choppin` at the bit to get started!

I am praying for you and LPM! I trust God's word when He says, "go in your own strength and I will be with you" Isn't that amazing! It is enough to know that God is with us, yet even so much more as our own strength falls short he empowers us!! GLORY!!

"Grace be unto you and peace from God the father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ",

Deborah from CT

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Jina said...

Goodmorning Dear Beth!

I will be actively praying for you to just let the river flow right on through. Praying you get lots of sustaining power yourself as you impart Him to others.

Gosh Beth, I just have to say. I AM SO THANKFUL FOR THE REVISED EDITION OF BREAKING FREE! I just finished week 4. I did the first edition several years ago, twice. :) The first one was good. But this one.... It's unbelieveable! I have to bring tissues for every video now, because inevitably I am in awe of how much Jesus has seen fit to set this daughter free. He just ministers to me to the bone through your words. I started this study with area of bondage that was clearly still a part of my life. He has clarified the landscape to show me there are a few more issues than I thought. Darn it! But, let's go Lord.

Thank you for serving Him! Praying for your back, healing and your tenacity!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Vickie said...

Can't let this post pass by without a brief comment on this huge issue in my life. I thought for so many years that I was free from this business of getting too angry, but though not often it rears it's ugly head and here I am. This time though I am right in the middle of doing "Breaking Free". No coincidence to be sure. I long for freedom from this generational sin and thank you Beth for bringing it up today. In my quiet time I did indeed repent and know that our Jesus is helping me to rebuild those devastated places. Thank you dear siesta for your honesty and forthrightness.
Love you....Vickie

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:17 PM , Blogger emilee said...

I'll be praying for you Beth!
Love you!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:22 PM , Blogger NikkiPoppins said...

teehee...Thanks for the compliment about my name. Alas, it's not my real name...well the Poppins part anyway. Im just pretty sure I'm Mary Poppins long lost sister or daughter or something. I was a Nanny and have actually been taking care of children for as long as I can remember. I actually thought about trying get a job in England as a Nanny. Love the thought! Ive even met Julie Andrews! (Sorry BeckyJoMama, it slipped out!) So the Nikki part is real, everything else is my alias!

See you Thurs...if you need a coffee or anything, tell Pam or one of the peeps at the store to call me! They've got my number and I know the fastest way to the closest S'bucks!;)

Nikki

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:33 PM , Anonymous Warm in Alaska said...

Thanks for the chit-chat, Beth (I was so truly bummed that I didn't get to give you a hug and a "Oh my gracious! You're highlights are tres perfect!" at the SSMT last month). So, consider yourself hugged and your hair complimented!

Breathe and be blessed on your swing through the South (the Deep, Deep South - 'cause from my point of view, everything is south) ~

Warm in Alaska.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Kelly S. said...

I loved watching Michelle do her job in Houston. It really blessed me to see how she cares for you :)

I'm so glad to read you are enjoying this time and feeling some better. Praise the LORD. I'll keep praying :)

My girlfriends and I have spent hours this weekend with problems that have come up concerning our group and Woodstock. It has really opened my eyes to the battle here, and we are committed to pray.

Enjoy Nashville!! I wished I lived closer....but I'm in the boonedocks LOL

love you

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Adrienne said...

Beth,
It was so special for me to be able to come to the book signing in PTC. (GA) You have been monumental in my faith, and I am so thankful for your words of encouragement.
Funny story: You gave my little boy, Rush (4) a bottled water. When we got home, he asked for a straw, and I was confused. He said, "I want a straw in my bottle just like that lady at the bookstore!"
Ha. "that lady." oh, perspective!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Will be thinking and praying for you this week. Enjoy your time out and glad to hear your recovery is going well. You are such an inspiration and I can't wait to get my book in the mail. I also have just started the updated version of Breaking Free.
One thing I am going to ask you is what music do you listen to while working out? I know that you are not doing so much now but I am looking to update my music with some upbeat Christian music and would love some suggestions. Anywho take care.
Sarah

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Joyce said...

Well, I confess...
Your book on insecurity arrived in the mail today and just the thought of it scares me to dead. I know it shouldn't, but I needed help for so long and I did not know how to change my feelings deep inside. So, here it is__I have to step out and trust the Lord through something I have cried over for years. I tried to fix it, change it and hide my feelings of insecurity. Pray God will help me as I read your book.
God is my only hope and only One I trust. Thank you for being a true Christian and telling it like it is. Hope you have a nice time at the book signing!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will be praying for you this week Beth- you're on my list!

Thank you for sharing your devotional. It was definitely needed for this week! I'm bringing my bag of anger to Jesus, He can take care of it so I don't have to! He's so faithful to do that, I just have to be faithful to bring it to Him!! Thanks Mama Siesta!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM , Blogger texatheart said...

Good morning Beth!
Anger has been a very close friend of mine for way too long. It was the root of about 75 pounds on my small frame. Not too long ago, I realized that who I wa angry at was not losing any sleep over it (they had died 3 years ago). I went to God in prayer and asked him to take it for good. What a difference that has made in my life!
Will be praying for a great trip and many close encounters. Take care and let "Hawk" do her job. Wish you were coming our way.
Love,
Jan

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:01 PM , Blogger Mary said...

Awesome message! And sooooo what I needed to hear today. I am going to get glad in the same clothes I got mad in :)

Praying for safe travels and a blessed trip.
Mary from VA

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:04 PM , Anonymous Dora said...

I teach the teen class at my church and have been teaching them about anger,because GOD has been teaching me about anger. It is so much easier to fly off the handle then it is to fall on out knees and ask GOD to intervene. Please pray for my class and for me that we will be still and liesten. I love you so much everybody at LPM.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow, if ever I needed to read something, this was it. I'm in Pittsburgh, or shall I call in Snowburg right now. And I've been cooped up with my 2 precious angels who are almost 5 and 6 1/2 for almost 3 whole days now. Needless to say, the mommy fuse is short right about now. Thanks for the reminder. Maybe instead of putting them in their room I should just go to mine.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the call to
JUST GET OVER IT!!!!

I know it's time...time's up

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:25 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I am hoping to meet you in Birmingham this Wednesday. Thank you for sharing on anger. Even though it's not very pretty or feminine, girls struggle with anger too. Its important to be called out on it and to bring those feelings before God. As always, it is a blessing to read the LPM blog.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

go girl bless and be blessed till all the life is sucked out of you and He makes you strong
Last night, Esther ch 3...meanness,
my 13 yo and I have discussed it at length this morning. Meanness has a history. That 13 yo adopted (with history) daughter knows it! Meanness perceives a threat (insecurity). Meanness spreads like a virus. The opportunity will continue to arrise but thanks be to God, Romans 12 IT IS CURABLE and forgiven. How appropriate we are going to follow blog with SLI and our church is hosting. Amazing God...weep weep
WOW
Desperately dependent in CA

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM , Blogger Churchlady said...

Miss Beth, I don't know how you do all that you do. You are amazing. I will be praying for you and Michelle.
I bought the book and have started reading it. It is awesome.

God Speed!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Christen Price said...

Hi Beth,

I can't wait to meet you in Birmingham! We will be praying for your safe travels and for the Lord to keep your energy level up this next week!

By grace,

Christen

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, I needed to hear that! I'm loving your book and can hardly wait to see you in April at FBC Woodstock. I don't know how you do it all! So often I wish I could just have coffee with you and hug your neck. This Arkansas girl totally gets you and gets His Spirit in you.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:45 PM , Blogger DeniseK said...

I will pray that God enriches both your souls with His gracious strength! Bless both your souls, for personally touching all those women!YSIC

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:54 PM , Anonymous mrs k said...

My dear, Beth, I am lovingly wrapping you in a prayer cocoon this week. What a timely word on anger! Thank you, my sister.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:54 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Praying you through this week...and Michelle, too!

Guess what???! I'm training to run a half marathon. I wrote about it today (and you had a part in it), if and when you can read it.

Love,
Holly

PS God has blessed me abundantly in teaching me how to bring my anger to Him. He is our great Defense!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:54 PM , Blogger miranda said...

Goodmorning Momma Beth. I have very much enjoyed my times this week with you and my Abba. You take me to such wonderful places on my journey. I feel like I am learning so much more about our awesome God than I ever knew before. Thank you a million times over. I very much wish you were making a trip to CO Springs to sign my book. I would love to meet you someday and thank you in person for your you being God's gift to me and so many ladies in my group. Can't wait to dive into "So long Insecurities" with you all. :) Have a blessed day!

miranda joy
Colorado Springs, CO

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:56 PM , Anonymous Sheree said...

I think it's time we all "girls" change our clothes!!! :) Just got my signed copy of Insecurity book today! Thanks Beth and everyone at LPM for prayers and all you do for us women!!! I'll keep you all in my prayers for your traveling and doing God's Wll every second of your day!!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Anonymous Suzanne K. said...

Wow. I'm completely humbled.I don't get angry very often but this morning I found myself throwing stuff around in my laundry room. I can't believe how you just spoke to me.I was about ready to go into my self defeating "God can't stand me anymore" mode. I wanted to pray but couldn't so I logged on here. And you reminded me to give my frustrations over to Him. My heart is such a deep pit, it's frustrating not knowing what is in there sometimes. Thanks for setting my head straight, at least to know He is there to help me. I think I can have a good cry with God now.

Love you Beth.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Dana said...

I just love you so much! I am so thankful for your ministry, awesome Bible studies and especially for this blog! I so needed this post and immediately went to the Father with a matter that I have been very angry about lately. It is causing trouble in the church where my husband and I minister and may cause us to have to leave. We both feel that our work is not finished here yet, but we are letting God decide that for us. We are praying for His will to be done! I am praying for you and your travels. I wish I could come to Nashville to see you, but I don't think it will happen this time. God bless you greatly!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:01 PM , Blogger petrii said...

I so needed this word on anger o today. I'm not generally given over to anger, but this particularly difficult season has found me anger, mad, upset, distraught at times, so this word of encouragement has come just when I needed.

Thank you so much!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:03 PM , Blogger BeechemBrightSpots said...

Thank you for your word about anger! I needed that! Sometimes I just want to grovel in my "right" to be angry with my family, and I know deep down it's just wrong! Thank you for reminding that I need to just get over it & change my attitude!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Kim

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:10 PM , Anonymous Kathy Pink Bicycle Arkansas said...

Good to hear from you on this snowy day. We are expecting snow again! 4-8-12 inches this time in the Ozarks of North Arkansas.

We had beautiful sunshine over the weekend and for the first time in months I was pain free from an injury but alas today it is back.
Looking for more sunshine!

Any idea when we will get our books that were ordered from CCN? I e-mailed them but they wont' respond.

You need to come to our area, pretty pleae!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

What a well-timed word. I so needed this today. Thank you, Lord, for speaking through Beth and straight to my heart! (Beth, I wonder what devotional(s) you use and if you and your girls would ever do a post with recommended resources? Maybe Amanda could do one for young moms, etc.?)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM , Blogger kctibs said...

Glad you are doing better and praying for your continued health recovery as well as your journey over the next few days. I haven't received my book yet but I am so looking forward to it.

Anger - wow did you hit a nerve. I just spent two days so spittin mad at my hubby that I was glad he had to work this weekend away from home. How sad is that!! I am goin face down with the Lord to help with my issues (not my hubby's) and knowing that He will answer me 10-fold.

Funny story about glad/mad pants - My 7 year old came home from school last week and stated her teacher was really in a grouchy way before lunch. "But mom" she says, "My teacher got glad in the same pants she got mad in - just like you said would happen!" Don'tcha love the wisdom of a child!!

Thanks for the message this morning - it really helped me to realize my petty outlook on my hubby's 'faults'!

Blessings
Kelli in Colorado

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Michele said...

Thank you Beth! I am just loving the new
book! 5 women were saved yesterday,
IN Jesus Name, Praise HIM!
Hallelujah!
Love,
Michele

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Toknowhim said...

Will say a prayer...

Love you so Beth...

Kim

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:29 PM , Blogger campbell6 said...

But what if you don't know what you're so angry about? :-(

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hope your day has continued to be a happy one Beth. I'll be praying for you as you journey into book tour land! Take care!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Wisconsin Farmgirls said...

Love you too, Bethie dear!
Have a wonderful trip, book signing, and Bible study teaching!
I got my book yesterday and can't put it down. It's like you are sitting on the sofa talking to me! God is doing a mighty work already! Thank you so much my dear friend!
Allison

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so wish that i lived close enough to go to a book signing..but happy for those who can! You touch so many lives it is unreal! will be praying for you and Michelle..by the way, my toes are hurting!! you stepped all over them in your devotion! LOL
love you like a sis
delilah
berryville ar

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

Beth, I am going through your Bible study, "Jesus, the One and Only" and I am working on week 3 right now! All I can say is WOW! God has revealed so much to me in this past week.

I have a son with a life shortening disease as well as Epilepsy and other conditions. Yesterday in church the pastor mentioned the verse in Mark where he boy said, "I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief." That verse has been ringing in my mind since and then I was doing your Bible study and read this, ". Some illnesses serve more eternal purpose than healing while other healings serve more purpose than illness." And you know what? I know that but sometimes I find that Satan can easily distort that truth and try to convince me it isn't true. Thank you for the reminders that God CAN DO what every He wants but He does not always do what WE want.

As you said somewhere else, "The goal is not to be healed but to meet the Healer."

Thank you for your ministry!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 2:58 PM , Anonymous Karen B. said...

Beth, I enjoyed reading today's post and am just wondering what quiet time material you might be using these days? I'm on the look-out for something new and different, or maybe an "old" one to be refreshed by!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

I would just like to THANK all you ladies for your prayers! I am so humbled! I just needed a break from the businest and checked the blog and read your sweet comments to pray for me and it nearly brought me to tears... I'm not much of a crier...
But I love you ladies and look forward to seeing you on the road!

"Hawk"

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a timely word. Miss "slow to anger" and "take it to God, not your husband" blew my top the other day - rare, but a doozy, and unfortunately it made up for lost time. Only God can get me/us over it. I'm asking Him to help.

On top of the anger and resulting quakes, I've been CRABBY. I realized after reading your post that it's because of the marked increase of gray hairs on my head. So instead of changing clothes, I changed my hair color today. And while my new "medium golden brown" baked, I read another chapter in So Long Insecurity (of course it had to be one about men). So my crabbiness is gone (mostly), and I'm feeling ever so slightly more compassionate toward my husband than I did before. Not much, but every bit counts. Come, Lord Jesus.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:30 PM , Blogger Sepik-Meri Katie said...

morning mama beth!! so nice to hear from you, but Lord PLEASE keep that woman rested!!! you're being prayed for from way over across the ocean. i know HE will sustain you... and as you said to me the other night in a stepping up DVD... take the next step in the next strength. you are IN MY HEAD, beth! how did you know what was going on in my life TODAY when you taped that?! ;) God is too good... so tenderly attentive and lovingly trimming off edges of fear and unbelief and filling our hearts with confidence in HIM! YAYYY!!! you and hawk have a sweet trip :) love you bunches!! (i keep skipping down to the mail room looking for my boooook..... but it's not here yet and i'm just about to ready to cry! i want it! now!)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Calvary Women's Ministry said...

YES, LORD, I receive this!! Wow, Beth, just this morning in my quiet time, I had to repent for losing my temper over the weekend. I am praying that the Lord can change this area of my heart. I desperately want to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry. I am praying this will become my default reaction instead of the opposite. Thank you for sharing your heart. It still freaks me out (in a good kind of way) when the Lord comes out of Heaven and speaks directly to me. Praise be to Him!!
Love,
Lindsey in Lusiana

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you this week, Beth!

I may be able to meet you Wednesday BUT it's my 20th anniversary and as much as I love you ~~ I love E more so if I'm not somewhere that you are on Wednesday, just know that this siesta sends a hug and a great big southern girl HEY!

Maybe I'll get one place or the other. Safe travels to you, J

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:39 PM , Anonymous Shelly E said...

Dear Beth,

Prayers go with you on your book-signing tour. Wish I could get my books signed but I live on the other side of the country and I don't think you're coming this way, sadly.

Just wanted you to know how much edification I get just by logging on and reading the words you or your daughters have written. You bless me so!

Much Love,
Shelly
Portland, OR

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Kmac said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Womack said...

Man, I needed to heat that about anger. I have dealing with that a lot in the past 2 months. Came home from a much needed couples retreat with my husband to face our 19 month old and 4 year old (who is a child with special needs) sons all refreshed. Wouldn't you know they were both cranky, whiny, and uncooperative all day yesterday. I didn't control my anger a couple of times. So thankful for God's grace.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:51 PM , Blogger clarkfam said...

Oh now that post spoke to my heart. I have been fueding inside and out for some time now and cant seem to get to the root of my total rage, or control my emotion when more heads my way. I feel full to the trim and p.o. with anger, hurt, and unforgiveness. I keep trying to give it to God, but its not going away. For now I am patient...and raging!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so good to hug you at the woodlands book signing! Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 4:02 PM , Blogger Alisha said...

XOXOXOXOXOOOOOOOO THAT MEANS HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU SISTER,LOTS OF HUGS. I ASKED THAT THE LORD GIVE YOU STRENGTH AND REST IN YOUR MINISTRY, THAT WHEN YOU LABOR IN HIM YOU WILL HAVE SWEET REST WHEN YOU LAY YOUR HEAD ON YOUR PILLOW.AND THAT HE WAKE YOU WITH PEACE KNOWING THAT YOU ARE HIS.YOU HAVE BEEN A BLESSING IN MY LIFE.THANK YOU FOR OBEDIENCE IN CHRIST, I TRULY HAVE BENEFITED FROM IT.IN JESUS NAME, AMEN...

 
At February 8, 2010 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Lindsee Lou said...

Praying for you, sweet Beth! Reading about your schedule exhausts me. Praying for you, Michelle, Bible Study and all your travels. Also, been working on my homework. Got a bit behind!

Love,
Lindsee Lou

 
At February 8, 2010 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Brittany said...

Hi Beth and Amanda
I've been reading your blog for about 6 months now but have never commented. First time- YIKES!
My mom always said my attitude was a choice too! This morning I needed to remember that.
I start Esther at my church on Wed morning and can not wait!!!
Enjoy the remainder of the book signing. I look forward to reading it with you.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there from West Texas! a newbie here and have never ever blogged in her life. Talk about insecurity! LOL
Thank you for your ear to the SPIRIT on anger. The FATHER reminded me that we had some business to do.
Be Blessed today,
love your guts,
Lindy

 
At February 8, 2010 at 5:13 PM , Blogger ANG said...

Sweet Beth,
I plan to see you in Birmingham! I'm catching a train in New Orleans Wednesday morning and meeting my mother-in-law and sister-in-law to head to one of your signings. The Saints won the Super Bowl and I'll see you on Wednesday, what a great week! Praying for us all to have safe travel.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 5:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! Thank you! I was just talking about this to God an hour ago. I know I'm getting closer to "that age" and people want to tell me that I may need to see a doctor. Not that anything major is going on, just a little more tired than usual. I've always been one to want to wrestle it out with God...you know...get a healin' from him. Not to say, our physicians are not necessary at times. I just don't want to give up on God's total intervention too early. Thank you! Thank you!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Southhuntmacy said...

Precious Beth-

Your and God's words on anger this morning are well said and received and so worth you tarrying a bit long this morning.

Bless your trip this week.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Annabelle said...

Sweet Beth, Oh how I am in the midst of this one. I've not reacted badly yet, I'm still praying about how to respond.

I feel the need to pull away from secular volunteering and away from the drama and politics. I needed that verse. I've not blamed perimenopause, but I'm ready to be soo done with her toying with my heart and mind! Thank you for this blessed encouragement. Please pray for wisdom for me as I seek to get out of this, and figure out what God has for me next. I did so love this position before the politics and bullying. Thanks.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 6:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment. I have found myself increasingly irritable lately...guess I should let God do something about that. Thanks for the post.

Prayer said for your study tomorrow and your trip.

Love you too-
Cynthia in OK

 
At February 8, 2010 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Janet said...

Beth,

Saying prayers for your busy week. May the Lord bless you with safe travels and many sweet encounters with the siestas.

Thank you so much for the reminders about anger. For me its a day to day thing (generational stonghold) I am going through the new "Breaking Free" and am praying God will deliver me from this bondage and a long list of others. He is good and faithful and I can't wait to be savoring the day when I walk in FREEDOM! Thank you for your odedience to the Lord's calling and for this study.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Fran said...

I'm absolutely praying over you this week Beth! I'm so excited for my Bham girls and my Nashville girls that get to see you! I really wish I could pop over on Thursday in Nashville but I have to be responsible and work. ;)

You are dearly loved and I know God is about to just pour out His sweet blessings over you this week.

Big hugs,
Fran

 
At February 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Little Steps Of Faith said...

Hi Beth:)- I am so happy that God has blessed you
with being able to get to hold other faces of Siestas;)
I am going to use something here that you spoke of I
think in "Daniel" about how God has certain things
planned for a certain time for a certain group of people
well, I am going to say it's the time one of your
desires of your own heart was met; we are not at all just
a "sea of faces" anymore:) God knew how much
you needed this;) it is your time to connect:)
love you;)
ang

P.S- just now I got a text from one of dearest
siestas who wanted to know she's been praying for
me.
is all over siestaville!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you, too, Mama Beth.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved meeting you in Atlanta at Borders! Tommy loved his sticky note too! Thank you for being so precious. You made his day!

Love,
Vicki

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:46 PM , Anonymous pambhm said...

So looking forward to seeing you in the 'Ham

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:50 PM , Blogger Nonnie said...

Just put on my fuzzy robe and I'm about to curl up with "So Long Insecurity." Can't wait to ditch that bad friend!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:50 PM , Blogger mistyinthemiddle said...

God is good. That same scripture was part of our Sunday School lesson on piercing yourself with your own deadly swords and anger and the Proverbs was on the list. I am now listening!!!!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 7:50 PM , Anonymous Sandy D said...

Hi Beth,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you and Michelle. I can't wait to get into the book and be set free.

Sister's In Christ,

Sandy

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Mama Dee said...

First time blogger....long time follower...Beth you are such a blessing, thank you for all you do for us gals in Jesus name and know that I keep you and your family in my prayers.

Warm Springs, GA

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Denise said...

JJJJ

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Cindy J said...

Hi Beth,

It was so nice to be able to meet you a few days ago in Marietta and be able to hug your neck. You are such a sweet godly lady. All of my friends were so sad that they didn't know about it. They aren't thinking that I am much of a friend anymore. :)

I will be praying for you and Michelle as you continue on this journey. I hope you are able to rest enough. If either of you get a chance, please send me those pics that we talked about. Thanks so much!!

Love ya,

Cindy

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Writing for Recess said...

praying for more glad and less mad!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Gran Jan said...

Beth - Your energy amazes me and I know all these siestas committing to pray will energize you even more!

That and the "Hawk" taking such good care of you. She is the best, and never left your side during that LONG book signing this past Friday evening. Your graciousness to everyone was so precious.

Your word on anger is received in a timely fashion. I was mad as a hornet Sunday night and I need to change clothes. Thank you.

"Copius" amounts of trouble? Me? No way! I was just having a large time and enjoying every minute with all the excited folks in Books a Gazillion.

(I LOVE WORDS and now I recognize the derivative of the word "cornucopia" which I've always thought a strange word - it just hit me with your copious comment.)

Michelle, one of my favorite cartoons (even now) was Foghorn Leghorn on Bugs Bunny. He had a little friend called the "Chicken Hawk," and that would be me... :)

Praying for your back Beth - for full healing. It' so hard when you want to pick up those grandbabies.

Love, Georgia Jan

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:52 PM , Anonymous Marion said...

I just got "Angry" at my husband, came into my room with the computer and thought, "I'm going to check out the Blog." God really does speak to us, doesn't He!
Can't ignore this one!!!

Marion

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:56 PM , Blogger sweet pea mom said...

Beth, sending warm wishes and prayers for you and Michelle as you travel. I live about 3 hours from both Nashville and Atlanta but am not able to be at the book signing. However I love the fact that you get to be personal with us and relish in our stories. For that I am thankful. Your thoughts put into words are a dear inspiration that we siestas long to hear. The message on anger spoke to me persomnally as I along with the rest of my family are battling the yuckies. I am having sinus issues my husband and girls are all battling terrible coughs. My point is that this afternoon, not feeling well I yelled in anger to my 4 year old daughter for badgering me about something important to her but obviously not to me. Not feeling well is no excuse and seeing it with your reminder from God's Word tonight that I am so blessed with my girls and am so sorry for not taking interest in my daughter despite not feeling well. So awesome to know there's grace from God but to my 4 year old there's just hurt. God is good and I'm looking forward to keepimg up with your blog.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous Southern Siesta said...

Beth, this is off the subject...hope that's OK.

Would you mind addressing sometime (in a post, perhaps?) at what point-and how- you shared your background with your daughters? If you have already addressed this in a book or Bible study, please direct me to it.

Thanks...love you. :)

 
At February 8, 2010 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Mrs. Joyce said...

My Mom and Grandmother said the same thing about mad/glad clothes. It's a pretty good rule when you think about it.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your post today was exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:18 PM , Anonymous Amanda in Arkansas said...

Thank you! I just went through it tonight with my foster daughter. She gets in situations where she feels unloved and she acts out...to include hitting and screaming. I forget to give grace and remember where she is coming from and the anger wins out. Thanks you for the reminder than anger can be reigned in and controlled. It simply boils down to a choice not to go there!

I pray for times of refreshing for you both in every city.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Missy said...

Praying for you, Bethie, and Michelle to have safe travels, to stay healthy, for your back to continue to feel better, and to have lots of energy and some to spare! Wish you were in my area (Columbia, SC) at a book signing. Remember when you had a conference in Columbia, SC, a few years ago? Would LOVE to have you back...or at least to Charlotte, NC, or Charleston, SC, which are both two hours from me!! Think about that. ;) Love you much!

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

I am in awe of how God sends me the same message from multiple sources or in multiple ways in just a few short days. Guess I better get with the program and sit upright in my chair with my feet on the floor and listen with my ears open! (Something my teacher said when I was in school and she wanted my FULL attention.) The LORD wants my FULL attention. An amazing group of women at my church are in the midst of "Esther: Its tough being a woman" and you used the same phrase from your grandma in the session I just watched. The LORD's timing is nothing but perfect. There must be an anger lesson looming in my very near future. Praise the LORD He already has it covered!!!

Blessings from a Siesta in snowy Virginia.

 
At February 8, 2010 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Becky said...

Beth,
I will be praying for you both on your journey this week. My friend Troy gave me your new book this weekend and I have already read the first two chapters. Looking forward to the role call tomorrow and the study on Thursday. But most of all I am looking forward to getting off from work Wednesday at 2pm and then heading to Fultondale, Family Christian, to meet you at the book signing. I am very excited to be able to bring my Mom, Nancy, with me. See you on Wednesday. Have a safe trip.

Becky
Attalla, AL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home