Sunday, April 26, 2009

Melissa Made It!

Hey, my dearest, most darling Siestas!

I'm writing you once again from the shot gun seat of my man's blue Ford truck via the wonders of my nifty internet card. Keith and I are high-tailing it down I-10 to the cactus ranch with Star and Geli in the back seat so that I can write like a maniac for four days. I am working on a project that I am very close to telling you about. You won't waste a prayer on me but, far more importantly, you won't waste a prayer on Melissa!

I finally heard from her a couple of hours ago and, after departing Atlanta Friday afternoon, she'd just made it to her hotel in Calcutta!

Oops. Keith just pulled us into a random convenience store in a town of 200 outside San Antonio because I've been whining about wanting a treat. We tried to stop at the infamous Buccee's right there on the feeder in Luling (yes, the mascot is a huge, buck-toothed beaver) but, as usual, there were ten jillion people there. I was so ticked. What on earth can I hope for here? I'll find out. Be back in a sec.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away and giveth again! You'll never believe that God secured ten - count them - TEN Moon Pies for my man right there on the shelf in that very store. I have never heard Keith say "the favor of the Lord" more times in my entire life. Needless to say, he's already called Amanda and left a message.

As for me, I was hoping to find one of those rare popcorn balls (not the normal caramel kind but the ones made with karo syrup) that you can happen on occasionally at off-the-wall gas stations where a good God-fearing woman makes them, wraps them in saran, and puts them on the shelf to make an extra few bucks. I'd pay her five. No luck. Apparently Keith is the one with the favor today. I got peanut brittle. I'll probably break a tooth and have to have a root canal and, where our ranch land is located, they'll probably use a roto-rooter.

Anyway, stay with me here. I'm trying to talk about Melissa. She's safe and sound and totally exhausted but thankful to be part of this incredibly important venture with Compassion. She'll have so much to tell us soon. Until then, keep praying for her and her wonderful team. For those of you who follow Angie Smith's wonderful blog, I'm sure you know she's part of this team, too. Shaun has really taken a stellar group with him to India to cast some much needed light on poverty-stricken children living in conditions we can't imagine. I'm chomping at the bit to adopt me some but I'm going to wait for Melissa to tell us a little bit about them. As you picture this team of Americans over there, picture them dealing with 120 degree heat! Even a young woman from Houston, Texas isn't used to that! They are undoubtedly in for an adventure and we'll get to tag along through Melissa's posts.

OK, well, I can't type and eat my peanut brittle and I'm feeling cranky for sugar so I'll sign off now. You know I love you like crazy.

Oh, my word. Keith just realized his Moon Pies are double-decker. He nearly drove this rig off the road. He's beside himself. Is there no end to what God will do for a man whose wife and daughter stole his pies?

ttyl!

173 Comments:

At April 26, 2009 at 4:29 PM , Blogger groovinkc said...

Beth, you & Keith must come to the RC Cola Moon Pie Festival in Bell Buckle, TN. There are moon pies galore! It's June 20th this year. Glad to hear Melissa is well.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Fran said...

Great to hear about Melissa's arrival! Y'all have a safe trip, too! I am praying for a productive writing session- look forward to your letting us know what's up.
Love,
Fran
Gulf Shores, AL

 
At April 26, 2009 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Momuv2 said...

Thought of you today Melissa while doing some dishes (sometimes it's the best place to pray since everyone tends to scatter.) Praying for Colin's peace as well.

A big shout of praise for Keith and his Moon Pies! Beth, I'll pray for your writing as well as you desired popcorn ball!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Marlos ACE said...

Awesome, thanks for updating us.. LOVE the new look.. A LOT!!!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth you are too funny, thanks for a laugh siesta! Love you like crazy too!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Little Lamb said...

Beth,

Can't help but love you!!! Will be praying for you and your Melissa.

Just finished Esther and am starting Daniel with an unsaved friend. She is loving it. Can everyone say a prayer for her, please? Thanks!!!

Rachel

 
At April 26, 2009 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

You are hilarious. And Keith sounds soooo very much like my husband who says "Ooooo that's my most favorite meal in the whole wide world!" when I "cook" fish sticks and macaroni...;) Anyway, your Blog is a blessing to me, and I'm thrilled to pray for you and Melissa during this time. =)

Happy Writing!
Lindsay
Spring, TX

 
At April 26, 2009 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Cheryl Barker said...

Congrats to Keith on his Moon Pies! :)

Beth, will look forward to hearing more about your writing project. Hopefully, peanut brittle will prove to be good brain food! :)

 
At April 26, 2009 at 4:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Honey! What we women will do for a sugar fix! Ten moonpies are indeed from the hand of the Lord. Just like the huge piece of chocolate birthday cake from last night after a 16th birthday celebration. It beckons now.

Bless you and Keith and tell him not to eat those things all at one sitting. There may not be any more for a few miles!

Hilary in Michigan

 
At April 26, 2009 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Marc and Charity said...

So glad to hear that Melissa made it safely! And I'm happy for your husband that he found some moon pies! :) Too cute.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 4:57 PM , Blogger Court said...

I just love reading your posts. I sign on here everyday after work to read what's new.

I'm so glad the Lord blessed ya'll with those moonpies! Double decker ones at that!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Jill said...

LOL I just love you.

Praying for Melissa and the entire Compassion team. Looking forward to her posts.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Xena said...

I'm so happy for Keith. The Lord gives and takes away . . . or takes away and gives . . . ? Well, he got his 'misunderstoof lost' Moon Pies back and even a double-blessing to boot! Have an awesome time in cactus-ville!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Liz said...

This is so hilarious. The Moon Pie thing I mean. I am anticipating reading the blogs of those in India and getting all of their viewpoints.
I will be praying for them too.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Sharon said...

Dear Beth,

I love you too! Praise God for favor and blessings on your man. :-) Also, for Melissa - a safe trip. Looking forward to hearing from her.

Much love,
Sharon, NC

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ttyl? Not sure what it means, but I'm sure it's sent w/ love. Praise Him for Moon Pies, double decker ones at that. Enjoy the writing!
Praying for Melissa.
Kim Feth
Apex, NC

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insane! Love it, love it all! Your last post made me laugh so hard I just had to show my husband. By the way, we went to the Focus on Marriage seminar back a few months ago (I didn't know we could have been there in person! Had I known you were in Colo Aprings, we would have driven down I-25 to see you in a heartbeat!) Anyway, I just wanted to show my man why I am so thankful for you and you were his favorite speaker. We had so much to discuss at our lunch break that day about all sorts of things you said. It really was wonderful because we mentor younger couples and we can always use whatever the Lord wants us to learn in our marriage too! Anyway, I got out of him that he doesn't really have to have any sort of treat and he won't go to another store to find anything in particular, he'll just settle for whatever they've got there. But then I recalled that he loves those little chocolate donuts (6 to a pack!) Yum. I am so thankful Melissa made it and I am praying for both of you...her in Calcutta and you as you write.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Sitesx6 said...

Oh Siesta,

WHY WHY..why peanut brittle when you could have a Milky Way?

I just laugh so loud at your posts. I'm so happy for Keith to have a DOUBLE Moon Pie.

Awesome.
Kelly

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Marla Taviano said...

We had strict instructions last week to stop at Bucc-ees on our way from Houston to San Antonio and didn't do it. Shame on us! Now I'll never know what a beaver nugget tastes like!

LOVED meeting your Amanda. She is just beautiful inside and out. Oh, I love her!

Praying for Melissa! And Pete and Angie and everybody. And those darling little babies living in darkness.

Can't wait to read everybody's posts!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Leah Adams said...

God's favor is obviously resting on Keith!! He is now equipped for every good work that the Lord has for him to do at the ranch!!

Have a blessed and productive four days.

leah

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Meli n Pat said...

It deserves to be spelled out: I am truly laughing out loud! My dog looked at me funny just now, but I think she's used to me. I'll be praying, through my laughter! I'm sure the Lord had a moment of anticipation waiting for K to open the package and see the double decker goodness! Hysterical!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Chelle' said...

Beth- you bring such joy to my heart with the random nature of these posts!!

Good news! I heard the depth of what you wanted to relay...

Melissa is in Calcutta. PRAISE JESUS! Will turn my prayers to her time in ministry now that she is there.

Moon Pies! Check! I heard a very wise someone once say that God is in the business of ENCORES. "Want ye more praise Lord??" If you found ten and give him glory... no telling how many you can expect at the next gas station ;-)

Lastly... Karo Popcorn balls. Got it. I'm on the hunt. When you arrive in Pittsburgh June 12th... I'll have one for ya!

LOVE YOU!!!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:23 PM , Blogger michellemabell said...

Oh the roto rooter root canal..LOL
Too funny... and a double decker moon pie to boot!

Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to hear what you are writing about!!!

And praises that Melissa and the others arrived safely!!!

You are all in my prayers!

Love and Blessings,

Michelle in VT

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

thank you for sharing your everyday things in life-I have moved more times than I have desired-so I dont have a whole lot of friends since again Im in a new city- and I feel like Im reading a letter or an email from a dear friend (since I have gotten to get to know you a bit through your bible studies). Blessings on Melissa's trip-look forward to hear about it. God Bless! Enjoy those moon pies! They will taste especially good in the middle of nowhere-what a find-God is good!!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Miranda Riley said...

Praying for y'all!

Jesus flat out took over our church service this morning. It's normally wonderful anyway, but was WONDERFUL today!!!

Love ya!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM , Blogger KK said...

Cracker Barrel sells moon pies by the box first and foremost. Second, I heard they made it safely and am praying like crazy!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:42 PM , Anonymous Tiffany said...

So glad to hear Melissa arrived safely! I have been following the team and I can't wait to hear all about what is happening over there. Moly 120 degree heat???? This prego would fall over and DIE! ahaha!

And Praise the Lord for those moon pies. Keith sure sounds like he is a happy man!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad Melissa made it safely. Have been praying for her every day. And am so happy that Keith found his Moon Pies! You guys are hilarious.

Much love,
Anne in MO

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Dana said...

Double decker Moon Pies. My oh my, our Lord does bless us abundantly! Praise Him!! I'm looking forward to hearing about Melissa's adventures. And I surely can't wait to see what you are writing for us, for I know that I will want to devour it, like all your other work, like a starving woman--starving for a good Word from the Lord, that is! Love you! Prayers going up for you and yours!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Praying for Melissa. I know the Lord is going to use her so much during her travel. I can't wait to read her posts.

Thankful that Keith got his moon pies. I am going to have to find me one of those and taste them. I have seen them before but never yearned for one until now. Your posts sure make me laugh. Blessings, Melissa.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Thanks for updating us on the Compassion team to India. This post was great fun. I know I am so out of the texting loop, but what does "ttyl" mean?

Amanda

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:50 PM , Anonymous Judy from NC said...

Beth, I'll be praying for you as you write. I know how daunting that task can be (in a very small version) as I write lay speaker "sermons" and Sunday School lessons etc. It is so thrilling when God speaks a word for those whom we seek to serve.
May you receive favor and a double portion of anointing for this project is my prayer. I'm also praying for Melissa in India, that her heart will melt, from compassion and she will not melt in the heat.
I could make you some of those old fashioned white Karo popcorn balls
and bring them to Greensboro in July!
BTW...I know TTYL means talk to you later...you're in the know, girl!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:51 PM , Anonymous Leah said...

Glad to hear that!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 5:58 PM , Blogger charlene said...

Thank you Beth for the good laugh. I really needed it....BTW I sent you a letter...sorry for it being so long but once you read it you will understand. Praying for Melissa and you

love you

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank the Lord for safe travels!

I saw Moon Pies on the snack aisle at my Super WalMart yesterday!!! Could not believe it. I think I only noticed them because of your post. (Only chocolate, no banana, but they had mini ones and regular size!)

I love the new look of the blog, but my eyes are struggling a bit. Is there a way for y'all to make the writing bolder or something? I didn't have a problem with the old one at all. Maybe it's the white background, I'm not sure.

Hugs!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:09 PM , Blogger Leslie Lauren said...

Hurray for Melissa! Now we will continue to pray that the food and water she eats and drinks will set well with her tummy (nothing worse than being in a foreign country with tummy trouble!).

Also, I just have to say to you and all the siestas on here that your last blog brought back so many wonderful memories for me! Flintstone Push Pops, candy cigarettes, Lik-M-Aid, Astropops...it reminded me so much of being a little girl and having happy memories in the summertime (for some reason, all my memories involving sweets revolve around our pool on sunny days!). I went to Publix a few nights ago and smiled a mile wide every time I came across a candy or treat that was mentioned in that post :) And now I want to try peanuts in my coca cola! This blog has been such a blessing to me!!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Micheledidasko said...

LOL!!
Praying for Melissa and your project. Tell us what it is soon!

Love to you, MamaSiesta

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Kristib said...

Glad to hear Melissa made it safe and sound! As a missions pastor's wife I know the great feeling of relief you have when you know that your loved one has made it to their destination. (By the way, my husband has been to India with Hopegivers International, who also work with orphans, so I have some idea of what her experience will be like.)

I will be praying like mad for Melissa and you this week!

Thought of you guys when I was at cracker barrel yesterday and saw moon pies on the NC display. Evidently they originated here in NC? I don't know. Maybe I should do some research and find out the history of the moon pie.

By the way, I love candy apples that are home made and left by the register to sell.

Have a great week!
Much love!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:18 PM , Anonymous Anne said...

I thought of you yesterday, Beth. I was dropping by the bookstore where my sister works, and they had an anniversary sale going on. Refreshments included a platter of mini moon pies (vanilla and strawberry). Clearly, there's no moon pie shortage in Upper East Tennessee. They're giving the things away! Come visit us.

Hope you enjoy your time at the cactus ranch.

Anne

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Beth, so glad to hear Melissa has arrived safely. I will be keeping her in my prayers this week. Thanks for the laughs today! I hadn't been on here recently, and the Moon Pie saga just cracks me up! A little side note of my own: I was just finishing up my study for the day from "Beloved Disciple" and had my iTunes set to easy listening for some background music. All of a sudden my player went crazy and skipped to the "Final Countdown" from Rocky. I couldn't help but note the irony since today's lesson just happened to be from Revelation. If that doesn't make a girl want to get spiritually fit, I don't know what will!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Tara said...

Praise the Lord! I'm so glad that Melissa is there after such a long flight. I'll be praying for rest for her weary body as well as the requests she mentioned on the last post.

And praise the Lord for double decker moon pies too! God's favor was upon Keith today!

Praying for you this week as you write. May He give you clarity of thought, fullness of words, and much of Him.

Love you dearly, Mama Beth!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Karen said...

I have a Compassion child in India. I'm really glad to know I'll get a greater sense of how he might doing from the bloggers who've gone there. For those who want to follow all the bloggers on the trip, Compassion sent me this link: http://compassionbloggers.com/trips/2009-india

Thanks, Beth. Have fun at your ranch!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Mary Watkins said...

So glad to hear Melissa made it. Looking forward to her updates from India. She has got to be worn totally out. What is the time difference between TX and India? Does anyone know?

The popcorn balls you described are the very ones my mom made for us when we were growing up. There are none better on the planet. Oh man, my mouth is watering for one of those. I will ask Mom for her recipe.

My prayers are with the Fitzpatricks,the Moores, and the Jones families.

love y'all,
Mary

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Kim said...

You are just down right HILARIOUS!!! For all the seriousness of life - you bring such joy to the things that I think God intended for us

Keep us posted on Melissa and the rest of the Moore clan.

Kim . . . who is
Grafted by Grace

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:38 PM , Blogger Leah DiPascal said...

So glad to hear that God is blessin your man with those double decker moon pies. Nothing like a road trip with a pit stop surprise.

My husband, Keith, came home from Fast Phil's (our local gas station) with a bag full of those stinkin things. Beth, do you realize they have 27 grams of fat in each one?!?!?!?! It makes my knees weak just thinking about it. I hope your Keith is joining you for those morning workouts in your garage. He'll need some serious cardio to help pump that moon pie oil though his sweet little veins.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Moose Mama said...

OK, if you guys have a wreck because of those stinkin Moon Pies, there's gonna be a bunch of ticked off Siesta's. Pull off and eat 'em, Keith, for heaven's sake. I know you'll probably disagree, but they aren't worth dying for!

Been checking in all day to see if Melissa had checked in. Tell her we love her and we're praying!

Write, write, write, sweet Beth. (I'm in week 3 of Anointed Transformed Redeemed and so loving it!)

Melana
p.s. See you next month!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:46 PM , Blogger DigiNee said...

First off - Praise God for a safe arrival!

Second - LAUGHING!!!! Double Decker Moon Pies - too much . . . have stopped at that Bucc-ees - it is truly an adventure. We now look for them when we travel!

Will pray for your writing time - I know it has to be a new treat for us - even better than peanut brittle, popcorn balls, and moon pies!!!!!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:47 PM , Anonymous Bonnie/Momof3 said...

Beth,

I'm praying for you and Melissa this week. Thank you for being obedient to the Lord and for doing all the work and writing that the Lord has put on your heart. As for Moon Pies, my husband once took a bag of them to an executive meeting in Chicago. Somehow he fit the Moon Pie concept into his presentation, and he couldn't believe that half the folks up north had never heard of such a pie.

Have a wonderful time at the ranch.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:47 PM , Blogger glorysuzy said...

I am jealous of Melissa's experiance. From what I know of others trip and knowing her tenderness and love of people, she will never be the same.

Sometimes I read parts of the blog to my hubby, and I had read him the moon pie story the other day, so he enjoyed hearing Keith was getting special attentions from the Lord today!

You know you and Amanda will never hear the end of it!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:49 PM , Blogger kat said...

Thanks for the update on Melissa...she has been on my heart especially today. And I will be praying for both of you.

Moon pies...double deckers...when God chooses to bless He doesn't do it halfway...amen

 
At April 26, 2009 at 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless and lots of prayers!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:04 PM , Anonymous Tina Harrell said...

Thanks for letting us know Melissa has safely arrived. I was sitting on the beach this afternoon reading a book about Pakistan and thought about Melissa in a far away land and stopped to pray for her.

Friday night I made a quick dash into Bloom (our grocery store in VA)and saw boxes and boxes of moon pies. I'll never look at another moon pie without thinking about Keith Moore again!!!

Tina Harrell
Chesapeake, VA

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Sharon in San Antonio, TX said...

Laughing about the double-decker moon pies! God bless, Keith! God bless you, too, Mama Beth. LOVE YOU!!!

Blessings,
Sharon

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been praying! I had checked on the Compassion site earlier today. I was anxious to hear about Melissa and the team. I will add your writing to my prayers and you and Keith and the pups have a good time, too! In Jesus' Love Kathy Knoblock

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Sister Lynn said...

Beth - you are just too funny. We love you so!

Know that Melissa is being covered in prayer! What an awesome journey she and her companions are taking.

Praying for your writing project too!

blessings in abundance!
Sister Lynn

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny to listen to! You are a delight (o:

Praying for Melissa and her team and for you as well - can't wait to hear about what you are working on!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Administrators said...

Maybe moon pies are a southern thing? Pray tell this northeasterner what one is! Might it be like our whoopie pies (chocolate cake-like cookies with frosting in the middle)?

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:23 PM , Blogger AbbyLane said...

mama beth! i had my very first Buccee's experience with the lovely Texas native, Lindsee Lou, (and my roommate nikki) on our way to the siesta fiesta in San Antonio last fall!! :) we affectionately called it "beau-ceees" from the moment we saw it...
...and believe it or not, we walked around that whole store (including the bathroom) yelling "SIESTAS?!" (with cameras ready) hoping to encounter our first bloggy run-in. our yells were not returned by any siestas until we got to the hotel and saw jenny hope from afar, but it still made for a great memory (i think one of us actually got peanut brittle as well...or maybe it was a chocolate chip cooke...but it was GOOD whatever it was. :) )

i am loving the Lord's favor on your man this week. amazing. proof that He is involved with each of us on a personal level :)

love ya'll so much

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:25 PM , Anonymous Barbara Ann said...

Beth,

First and foremost, very thankful Melissa made it. She has truly been on my mind and I have been praying for her and the group for days. I do not say that unless it's true. I will continue to pray for them and every aspect of the trip.

Second, is Keith on Lipitor or any other medicine to keep his arteries from getting clogged? I'm just saying, and believe you me, I have a plank in my eye as I ask.

I'm telling you, and this is like a sin in West Virginia, but, I am not crazy about moon pies. I'm a rebel like that. I mean I'll get one or more if I'm really hungry and feel like stuffing my face silly. For company, it's expected. More importantly, I would periodically eat some just to keep up with tradition and remain accepted in my home state. I'm telling you, I think we could all talk about Moon Pies for days! I hate banana Moon Pies (gasp), but, I really don't like bananas unless they are in a split, foster or PB sandwich. The only thing marshmallows are good for in my opinion are lemon meringue pies, hot chocolate, cream straight out of the jar or Hawiian blizzards. The very best way to eat marshmallows is over the fire on a real stick (not one of those store bought sticks), just a little brown on the outside. Okay, enough of that.

Me and my husband, Greg, took our first trip to San Antonio a little over two weeks ago. It's funny, I did see Buccee's and the mascot (how could you miss it). We thought about stopping, but we were on a mission and anxious to pick our puppy up. We ended up stopping at some big truck stop and had pizza from Pizza Hut and a few other goodies. I love to stop at convinience stores for Corn Nuts and such.

We are sooo happy with our baby, Riley. He has brought so much joy into our house, I'm like "Where have you been all my life?" That precious little 12 pounds of fur. The vet firmly told me that he needs Puppy Preschool. One ear up and one ear down. How can you get anymore precious than that????

I'm sorry you did not find your popcorn balls with karo syrup. They are the best made like that. Peanut Brittle is really good though. You know, I've never seen dried shrimp in a bag (while innocently looking for treats like Bit-O-Honey or whatever) until I moved here. I had to do a double take. Like, "I'm not in WV anymore." I mean I absolutely consider myself a shrimp addict, but no thanks on the dried shrimp, with eyeballs, in the bag! I am still going to go into that store across the street from my subdivsion and take a picture to send to my friends and family back home. They have all heard about it and I promised a picture. I'm so weird. I really don't get embarrassed doing stuff like that. There is something wrong with me.

Don't worry about getting off subject. If I'm talking to someone, we will start on a specific subject and not continue it until 30 minutes to an hour later b/c we get off subject. Kind of like my post right now. I've never been tested or diagnosed, but I'm convinced I have adult ADD. Plus, I'm half-crazy. I tell everyone I have adult ADD. In my family, we think a little crazy is good. You have to be in this world.

When I went to San Antonio, there were sooo many places I wanted to check out and we plan to go back. The Alamo--HELLO!!!! I have to go to the fudge place too and also get the "world's best BBQ." I think of "Elf" with that one. I want to run in and scream "Congratulations!" Of course, I still want to try Miss Helen's onion rings with camera in hand. If you want to go somewhere closer, Orleans Seafood Kitchen in the Westgreen Village in Katy has some mean onion rings and chicken-fried-chicken. Not to mention their chocolate cake with sqares of cream cheese in the middle. I don't even like chocolate that much, but that cake is awesome. The owner made a comment to my husband about how much food I ate the first time we went. It's our Friday night tradition, so he doesn't say anything anymore.

Okay, I've blabbed enough. I'm just making up for my computer being down, courtesy of a virus for nearly 2 weeks! I would say keep us updated on sweet Melissa, but that is a no-brainer, I know you will.

Much Love,

Barbara Shrewsbury
Katy, Texas

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Fran said...

HALLELUJAH for the moon pies. I tell ya...gas stations have the BEST junk food around. We walk out of there with $20 of nothing but sugar.

Praying like crazy for melissa and the team. Those Nashville folks that went are my favorite folks right now.

God will do something amazing on this trip. I just know it.

Love you all,
Fran

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:29 PM , Anonymous Kim said...

Beth,

You are a riot! Praying you have a productive four days of writing.

Glad Melissa arrived safely. I'll be lifting her and the entire team up in prayer this week.

I appreciate the link to Compassion. Three year old Lily grabbed a hold of my heart in a huge way when I saw her picture and I signed up to be her sponsor. Thanks for sharing this wonderful opportunity with us!

Love ya,
Kim
Doswell, VA

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Emmy said...

Have had the compassion team on my heart since 4:00 Friday! Will continue to pray!

Excited about the Moon Pies! : )

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Traci said...

Okay- I'm seriously sending you all some Moon Pies- I had no idea it was that serious!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Heather said...

I'll have you know that we almost stopped at Buccee's on our way home from San Antonio today right around the same time that you did! It was crazy!!! So we kept going! That was the place to be apparently! So glad to hear that Melissa made it safe and praying for a God filled week in India and His blessings lavished on their group and those sweet little children!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Leigh @ intentslife said...

Praying for Melissa. So glad they made it safely.

BTW, saw today that Cracker Barrel sells Moon Pies!

Love you - can't wait to hear about your new project.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Skoots1moM said...

i love ya'll but I don't like this interim design...the wording in the artwork hurts my eyes and makes me feel like i need to put another pair of glasses on.
sorry for the critique...saying it in love...
prayers for Melissa as she's on mission :)

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Inksstillwet said...

Yes, praying for the Compassion bloggers and your sweet Melissa to have an encounter with Jesus like none she’s ever known.
We love peanut brittle in this house too and one time I tried to make it for my man in the microwave and ending up somehow burning a hole in our old house’s linoleum floor! What in the world? Now, we just play it safe and buy some at Braum’s!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

I am laughin' out loud about those moon pies. :) I love when my man gets all excited about God showin' him love in funny ways like that. The Lord really is so personal. And double deckers? hee hee

So glad your Melissa arrived safely!

And I so enjoyed hearing you on Focus on the Family this week! Can't wait to hear what you are writing now.

Blessings,
K

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Becky said...

I think these types of blogs are my favorite from you Mama! It shows me that you are real...loving God and keeping it real. I love you! Praying for you and Melisa too!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth I'm so excited about the Compassion trip and will be following the bloggers with anticipation. I love your enthusiasm! Remember in talking about the children that you sponsor that they are just that and not really "adopted". Those of us who have been blessed by adopting children are pretty picky (in love, of course *smile*) of how the term is used. And the Compassion children aren't orphans...so, thus the term sponsor. My prayer is that many children are sponsored through the bloggers opening our eyes to the circumstances of many of India's
children. Enjoy the Moon Pies and peanut brittle!!!

Cynthia

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Bling for the King said...

Beth,
Just had to share--we just finished Esther and I loved the chiastic structure so much I gave each of the ladies in my group a pair of tongs to remember their own 'reversal of destiny', when opened fully they make the perfect X.

Praying the Lord gives you the perfect use of your time for His glory!!!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:12 PM , Blogger Erin said...

YEAH for Moon Pies!

Can't wait to find out what you're writing about. I will be on the edge of my seat!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

So glad to hear she's there and safe and sound. God has been putting her on my mind at the weirdest times (must be the time change!) and I've been praying.

And praising God for Keith's moon pies.

BTW, listened to your marriage thing on FOTF this afternoon. We wanted to come in person, but it just didn't work.

Of course, then we got in a fight. But I thought of you talking about a good fight. And it was.

And yes, good is good is good. And realizing that turns it all to great.

Love you!

Joanne

P.S. So excited for Laramie--you are the light at the end of my semester of seminary tunnel!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I was cranky for sugar on the way home from church. I stopped by Jack In The Box and got some hot french toast sticks. YUM!!

Enjoy your snacks. :)

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

Hilarious about the dd moon pies!! Glad Melissa arrived safely.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:26 PM , Anonymous Shaun Groves said...

Thanks for trusting us with your daughter, Beth. Melissa's doing great...and her hair looks fabulous in 120 degree heat. I'm having a hard time liking her for that, to be honest. (Is that a spiritual gift?)

We're heading out to visit our first Compassion "project" in a couple hours. Lots of playing with kids, visiting their families in their homes, meeting their pastors and teachers and learning about how Compassion works exactly. It's full day. Prayers are appreciated.

-Somewhere far from moon pies,

Shaun
>CompassionBloggers.com/India

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM , Anonymous Cindie said...

Happy to hear that Melissa made it safely... I know that God will bless her and she will have lots of stories to tell.

I am so happy that the Lord brought keith to a convenience store where they had Moon Pies. Too funny!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:37 PM , Anonymous Warm in Alaska said...

Oh my greacious - the Moon Pie Chapter Two was almost as funny as Moon Pie Chapter One. Have fun writing and trying not to break a tooth (my husband is a dentist and if he were anywhere near the area he'd happily zip over and tend to any ailing teeth - esp. if you paid him in Moon Pies!)

Warm in Alaska.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:39 PM , Blogger jennyhope said...

praying and LOL on the moon pie favor!!!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:46 PM , Blogger petrii said...

Siesta Mama,
Can I just tell ya that this whole Moon-Pie incident has just about sent me over the preverbial comedy moon, and I have so needed to be there lately. Thank you for such fun ~~ it has not been wasted on me let me tell ya!! Love it!!!

I'll be praying for Melissa, Angie and the team, can't wait to hear what God does.

Have a Blessed week and happy writing,
Petrii

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Theresa said...

Glad Keith is feeling the love!
I so hope that you are writing something to do with the "Lit" bible study. I have been praying for this. Something to help others get ignited!
As for me and my house we are starting our high school baseball playoffs tomorrow night. This is huge in our house full of baseball crazy boys. As much as I at times would love for it not to be such a big deal I am learning to embrace the purpose that He has put in our hands! We can use some of that favor too!
Praying for your baby girl.
Can't wait to read her blog posts.
Have a great time at the ranch and may God bless you with a karo popcorn ball on the way home. A treat after keeping your head down for four days!

Enjoy!
Theresa
Pace, Florida

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:51 PM , Blogger Emily said...

When I laughed out loud, my husband wanted to know why. He is chuckling because he, too, appreciates a good moon pie. He would like for Keith to know that Wal-Mart (at least here in KY) carries BOXES of Moon Pies in the aisle by the snack crackers. His eyes lit up and he demanded I post right now. ;)

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth you make me laugh my head off. You and Keith are quite the duo. Be blessed writing-be praying!!!!
Love and Blessings

 
At April 26, 2009 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Roxanne said...

Beth, I totally thought of you yesterday...well actually, Keith. I saw Moon Pies at Walgreens!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:05 PM , Blogger Ashton said...

Hi Beth!
I just knew you'd probably be heading for your place in the West. And so glad that Melissa made it. I can't wait to hear her reports. Oh, I found this site about MOON PIES. They look exactly like the ones you showed (they are double decked) but don't know how fresh they will be once arrived but what the heck. I was so glad to see you sitting in church early! Lots of love, Allison

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:09 PM , Blogger God's girl said...

LOVE the new look! Cannot wait to hear about everything. Have a great time together. Praying for Melissa and the others!!! You both too.
Much love,
Angela

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go to Cracker Barrell! I just saw boxes of the Moon Pies!!!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Well praise the Lord for Moon Pies! He does have the favor of the Lord! :))

I have been praying for Melissa and the rest of the team since they left. Yesterday, God brought them to my mind most of the day! I will continue praying for them!

Also, ya'll have a blast at the ranch and may God bless your writing and I cannot wait to hear about it!!!
Love you,
Patty

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:24 PM , Anonymous Mary R Snyder said...

praying for Melissa and for your writing project. I am honored to lift you up in prayer.

And I'm thrilled to know that Bass Pro carries Moon Pies if my local grocery decides to stop carrying them. Good thing to know. And that my dearest, is why I blog --for all this wonderful information and lots of FUN!!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

Laughing Out Loud !!!

After returning from a busy week with funerals, meetings and my darling nephew's 7th birthday party ~
My husband and I decided to celebrate our Sunday with a 5 mile hike and ended up near a nucleur power plant!!!
Yes!! a power plant! We passed cows,lizards,quail and butterflies & then there it was!!
On our return, Dave pulled into Ralphs market and we got 76.00 worth of goodies. I am back at our beach house, fire going, sitting here blogging you and my honey is watching some MAN MOVIE.
Perfect day !!
A moon pie = scooter pie ( we call it that in Cali) would hit the spot with my cup of tea & goodies. :)
PRAYING for you to cuddle up with your man & doggies and let the LORD guide & speak to you as you write. PRAYING for Melissa every single day!!
You've got to check out my man and my weekend photos at our nephew's 7th bday childrens party.
Dynamic Dudes = Catwoman takes on the Riddler!! My nephew was in hog heaven when he saw what we did! the children were ecstatic!
Your NUTTY CATWOMAN SIESTA!!
With "Heaven Bound" blessings and daily prayers,
Kim Safina
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Beth, I absolutely cracked up. Thanks so much for your post. "The favor of the Lord..."

Also, you answered a question for me that you didn't even know I had. In FLORIDA, shortly after exit 130 heading west on I-10, there is a billboard that says BUCCEE'S - 767 miles (or some crazy number like that). That's it. No further information. Just the picture of the bucktoothed beaver. I have always been curious about what on earth Buccee's is...and now I know!

PS My family is from the San Antonio area originally, and my dad loves Luling sausage. I wonder if you and Keith have ever tried it?

Love ya, Siesta Mama.:)

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
Thank you for sharing...the whole moon pie ordeal just makes me laugh; had to share it with my hubby and children!
Will be praying for your writing and Melissa's mission. You mentioned adoption...we are going through the process now. We have 5blessings (1 through adoption, 4 through birth...and yes, we homeschool...LOL) Anyway, would appreciate your prayers for our present adoption journey. It is a God-thing, praise and honor to Him.
In our Lord,
Lori in SC

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM , Anonymous Ceffie in WV said...

Hey if you have a Sam's Club in Houston run, don't walk there. I saw Moon Pies in a case. I can see the smile on Keith's face already, with the cookie and chocolate all over his teeth. It is funny how you notice things when you know someone has a craving. I don't think I've ever seen that case of Moon Pies during my shopping at Sam's but there they were YELLING hey tell Keith where to find us.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:48 PM , Blogger The Reeves bunch said...

I am glad that Melissa got there safely! Anxious to hear what God is going to show them while they are over there. I love Buccee's! There is one in Giddings that we stop at all the time. They have very clean restrooms. Good Luck with your writing!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Bobbie said...

You have me rolling! We had a BIG discussion about the Moon Pies before leaving for Fredericksburg yesterday morning--laughed for a couple of hours on Fri. evening. We stopped at Cracker Barrel in Austin for a 'break' and my brother-in-law bought a box of banana Moon Pies! We had more fun passing them out to anyone we met. Trust me, that little town was full of Praise singin' women and Harley Davidson riders! It was a hoot and we loved every smiling face we saw on the sidewalk.

Praying for you while you're writing on your surprise project. I know God's preparing a blessing for all of us.

I hope Star and Geli are having a ball! BTW, have they gotten a Moon Pie yet?!!

If you're near Llano on your way home you should stop at Cooper's BBQ--it's great. Just put all the food on Keith's plate and eat from it, no calories for you!

Lovin' y'all, Bobbie

 
At April 26, 2009 at 9:58 PM , Blogger Marilyn said...

Dear Beth,

I know this doesn’t relate to Moon Pies or Melissa’s trip to Calcutta, but I just had to share this with you:

Last night as I was reviewing my memory work (from the Siesta Memory Challenge - I try to say all of the verses I’ve memorized so far before I fall asleep each night) and all of a sudden the Lord revealed how all of the verses I’ve memorized show who He is to me:

Titus 2:11,12 – He is my teacher
Col. 1:13,14 – He is my rescuer and deliverer
Psa. 71:5 – He is my hope and my confidence
Heb. 13:5 – He is my security
Rom. 6:6 – He is my Savior
I Pet. 2:9 – He is my deliverer
Psa. 42:5 – He is my hope
Psa. 62:1,2 – He is my comfort, my Savior, my rock, my fortress, my security

I didn’t pick these verses – the Lord gave them to me. I’m just marveling at how they all relate!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 10:01 PM , Blogger fuzzytop said...

Wonderful news about Melissa's safe arrival, AND the Moon pies! Answered prayers, both of them!

Have a great time at the ranch. I hope you get lots of great writing time, and I'm sure Keith and the dogs will have a blast too.

Love,
Adrienne

 
At April 26, 2009 at 10:04 PM , Blogger gramalinda said...

Proverbs 25:16
When you're given "10 moon pies", don't gulp it all down; eat too much chocolate and you'll make yourself sick; from the Message with a bit of liberty - you bless me so!

Looking forward to learning about your latest writing project - I was praying for you the other day as it relates to your writing gift...so there you go - perhaps it helped you get over a hump! Enjoy your man and time under the Texas sky to express what only God can give you.

I'll be pryaing for Melissa - it is going to be good - and with much purpose!
~ Malinda / Oregon

 
At April 26, 2009 at 10:12 PM , Anonymous Nicole said...

I found moon pies at Walgreens yesterday and laughed out loud right there in the aisle. I have never had them before and passed them up then, but might have to try one now that they have earned a second blog post! Too funny!

Prayers for you, Beth and your darling Melissa. Can't wait to hear more from both of you about your current ventures. Go God!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 10:13 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Yes, I read the moon pie story to Chris and he began to says, "Oh what tangled webs we weave when we start to trick our men out of their moon pies..."

Praying for Melissa and the team...praying for your writing, too.

"run in such a way to get the prize," sweet Beth! (1 Cor 9:24)

 
At April 26, 2009 at 10:25 PM , Blogger Carla said...

Praise The Lord! I had been wondering about her and I'm so glad that she is safe and sound. I suffer from migraines also so I've been talking to the Father that he would touch her body and keep her healthy and free from those dreadful things.while she's there. Don't worry Colin, I've been lifting you up as well. As for our beloved Keith, I think he may need to read the handwriting on the wall and I think it may be saying "My, My,My No MORE MOON PIES!" Please Beth, help him be a Daniel. I glad to see your family is as crazy as mine! Love you all, Carla Leereatiol

 
At April 26, 2009 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Carrie said...

Praying for Melissa I know she is going to have an amazing time!!!

Hope you have a great writing session.

p.s. Found a candy store here that sells Mallow Cups, I am so stinkin excited I will be purchasing some tomorrow.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 10:44 PM , Anonymous Susan in OKC said...

Beth,
Melissa has been on my heart all day. Our church has a partnership with India. Several of our staff and members have been there over the past couple of years. One of the pastors there and our pastor have become dear friends. This man was in our church today and I was thinking of Melissa and praying for her and the team. God is really moving in lives.
Can't wait to hear more about your writing. It always means something exciting! Isn't God so good!!!
Love you!
Susan in OKC

 
At April 26, 2009 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Karla said...

Praise the Lord on behalf of you all; Keith's moon pies, Melissa's safe arrival, the chance for you to 'hole up' and write (can't wait to hear)! Reminds me of my March 15th memory verse (from memory) "For from days of old they have not heard or perceived by ear, nor has the eye seen a God besides You, who acts in behalf of the one who waits for Him." Isaiah 64:4 - NAS

 
At April 26, 2009 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Shauna said...

So funny - thanks for the laugh out loud moment! I think I will forever laugh everytime I see a moon pie!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Warrior in Training said...

Beth, I just love reading your posts-from all of you. They are such a blessing, always bringing a grin.
I can't wait to hear more about your new project. I have David(the 90 Day book) and I am looking to get Jesus. Also the Esther study. So much good stuff, so little time.
I was just introduced to Angie Smith through Melissa's blog entry-what a blessing her blog has been to me over the last couple of days. If ya'll only new the hearts you blessed and lives you touched through your sharing and love. I can't wait to get my "blog fix".
Blessings to you on your writing adventure. Glad to hear about the Compassion's Team safe arrival. I can't wait to hear the wonderful things God is going to do.
Your Siesta in Christ,
Katie-Pensacola, FL

 
At April 26, 2009 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Kelli said...

hahaha you're a hoot.

 
At April 26, 2009 at 11:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All these food and treat posts have me hoping that a "Banquet" in heaven is the same as it is down here...

 
At April 26, 2009 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I LOVE that Buccees! So clean and fancy! :) Glad you found something at the next station, and ever more glad Melissa has made it safely. We look forward to hearing more!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 11:28 PM , Anonymous Becky B said...

Ladies, may I ask you to pray for someone? There is a military spouse, call her C, who is stationed overseas and experienced a horrible family/personal tragedy in January. They were told they would be transferred back to the states in June, but they were recently informed that they will not be transferred back until after October 1. There is no grief counseling where they are, and they desperately need it. C is just barely hanging on, and doesn't believe she can make it until October. She could move back without her husband, but they both feel that they need to support each other and be together right now. Please pray that C will feel Jesus's embrace and love, that she will find the strength to keep going, and that a path would be cleared for them to come home.
Thank you.
Becky B

 
At April 26, 2009 at 11:30 PM , Blogger KR said...

Praying for Melissa and the crew. Can't wait to read about it. Been following Pete Wilson's blog..sounds like an incredible journey. Set her up with a good shampoo and blowdry when she returns...can't imagine 120 degree heat(and I live in S FL) Will keep praying for them. May God bless your writing..I just started Esther, doing it on my own via the great Lifeway video downloads(uploads? what's the difference?)...love it. Thanks for offering them for those of us doing it solo. Keep us posted on the Maniac Moon Pie Man!

 
At April 26, 2009 at 11:35 PM , Blogger NikkiPoppins said...

Yay for road trip treats!! Although I tend to go for one of those home-made brownies wrapped in clear wrap...every now and then you will get one that you KNOW has to have been made by a sweet little church lady!

I am glad that Melissa made it there alright. I will definitely be praying for her and the whole team, as well as their families at home.

I hope that you and Mr Keith have a wonderful time away...I'll be praying that you have a super productive time! And some fun!

Love you, Siesta Mama!
Nikki

 
At April 26, 2009 at 11:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about Melissa! And Praise the LORD for the double decker moon pies for Keith... the LORD always gives us more than we expect! He does know the desires of our hearts after all!! love you guys like crazy!
Delilah in Berryville

 
At April 26, 2009 at 11:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woooo-hooooo!! What a ride!
Blessings on you for the next few days as you write like crazy. Thanks for updating about Melissa. We are praying. India is a very difficult region of the world, but God's anointing on that team will bring Sonshine to their souls.

 
At April 27, 2009 at 12:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, you are absolutely adorable. I got out of bed cause I couldn't sleep, pulled up your blog, and had to refrain from laughing out loud so as not to wake everybody in the house.

I just love you.

 
At April 27, 2009 at 12:52 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

Glad Melissa got there safe. Have a great 4 days!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 12:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
I tremendously enjoyed your new blog entry. I'm a southern girl and I live in an area where sugary iced tea pours like syrup and cake is but a vehicle for the frosting, something sweet with even something sweeter is a delight. The double decker moon pie(s) must have been some kind of delight for your Keith.
Working on a new project? That is super fly!! I am praying for you even now there, during your excursion that God will reveal the lamp of His Word as you purge into deeper depths. Hey, I wish I could be a fly on your wall to get a sneak peek into your new project. I know...wishful thinking. Ha! If by chance, a fly does come around to annoy you as you write this week - think of me.
I, also blog a women's Bible study and I know how important this is to so many out there. Keep it real. You are awesome!!!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 1:50 AM , Blogger bigdogmom said...

Beth,
If you are not careful, it will rain Moon Pies and Popcorn balls galore. Then you will have so many you will not know what to do with them.
I am so glad Melissa made it to India. I will keep her in my prayers.
You have me on the edge of my seat wondering what you are up to. Please don't keep it a mystery for long!
Kels
Redding, CA

 
At April 27, 2009 at 2:22 AM , Blogger puzzlepiecesista said...

Hi Beth and Keith,

I'm so glad to hear you scored on some "moore" moon pies!! Hee! Hee!
I will really be praying for Melissa this week, I promise.

I need a prayer request too, Monday morning at 8am I go into the hospital here to have an upper endocoloscopy to look for any tumors or polyps or any esophogus diseases and inflamation. Please pray for my peace and that the drs. come out with some results so they will know how to begin treating me so I can feel better.

Thanks so much for praying, I am a little nervous.

Angela - Redmond, Wa

 
At April 27, 2009 at 6:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a YouTube video of a Moon Pie Song - so funny. Somehow it is so easy to see all four of you Moore's singing this song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJVDHMBP8Xc&feature=related

Traci

 
At April 27, 2009 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

I have been praying for Melissa and the team. Thank you for word of their arrival!

And let me get this straight- Keith gets to be in the cab of his truck with a double-decker Moon Pie and Beth Moore? Lucky!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 7:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I give up. What's a "moon pie"?

 
At April 27, 2009 at 7:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Beth. Will be praying for both you and Melissa all week. Keith it sounds like God answered your prayer already!!! I personally can hardly wait to see what you've been working on now.

May I take a moment here and thank you for all you do for us. For your faithfulness in following our Lord's leading and not only presenting His word to us, but exciting us and planting that deep longing to know Him better. That "have to have Him in my life" feeling. The way you present His word is so enlightening. THANK YOU!!!
BLessings,
Bible Bunny in NO MI

 
At April 27, 2009 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Awesome to hear of Melissa and the team's safe arrival! I pray God's awesomeness is spread like mad over there through them!

How exciting about the moon pies for Keith! I don't think I have EVER had one before and after these posts, I find myself craving one!

You mentioned Star and Geli. I think we could use an update on those two sometime. I'm also curious what kind of dog Geli is.

 
At April 27, 2009 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Awesomearnetts said...

beth you need to tell keith to go to Sam's (the walmart on crack) he can buy a whole heap of moonpies sam's style.

 
At April 27, 2009 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beth, you have made me smile this morning. You know the big soul smile that just makes you feel good! :) I just love you and your man to pieces! :)

Praying for you guys!

Rebecca

 
At April 27, 2009 at 8:44 AM , Blogger bethykay01 said...

Oh What I wouldn't give for a Banana Double Decker Moon Pie right about now!! If they are hard to come by in Texas (of all places?!?!?) then for sure I am out of luck here in Kisumu, Kenya:(

 
At April 27, 2009 at 8:49 AM , Blogger SoonerAggieMom said...

I've been dreaming about moon pies!

Can't wait to hear about your writing project. Do tell.

 
At April 27, 2009 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Larsen Family said...

So glad Keith was blessed w/moon pies. Will lift you up as you work away at writing. And Melissa as well. Adoption is so near and dear to my heart, we are adopting a little girl from Korea, hoping to bring her home this fall. God bless you.

 
At April 27, 2009 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Smelling Coffee said...

I'm praying for you right now - for wisdom, direction, and words from the Lord as you write, and for rest when you're needing it. Also praying for Melissa and the team!

May the Lord send forth His Word through your fingertips...

 
At April 27, 2009 at 9:22 AM , Blogger karensk said...

Glad to hear Melissa & the team arrived in India! We'll be praying for all of them (and I'm especially praying for her health re. the migraines....Tariq gets them, too.

Well that is just too awesome about the Moon Pies. After I read your first post about the Moon Pies (and after laughing from your well-written post!), I actually did pray a short prayer that the Lord would provide some more for Keith, somehow. I didn't expect it to come so quick. And double-decker?? Didn't even know they existed! I receive that as a double blessing for Keith (and for all the other parties involved).

Love,
Karen K.
Houston

 
At April 27, 2009 at 9:23 AM , Blogger MARGE said...

love reading about your surprise stop. I am happy that Keith got his Moon pies. I will be praying for Melissa's safety.
Blessings.
Marge

 
At April 27, 2009 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous Chelsea said...

I saw big boxes of Moon Pie's at Cracker Barrel this weekend. Might want to check there to stock-up on them!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Julie Marler (Mammy) said...

Since I've seen "Slumdog Millionaire" - that's my image of India (which may be fairly accurate). Ready to see it thru Melissa and Angie's eyes! Just hope they don't have to experience the "pay potty" displayed on the movie! ha! Will be praying for them, their safety, their health, their ministry!
My husband's family's childhood favorite are Fudgies! Almost extinct now. But my crazy sister-in-law called the company (Kraft?) that made them many years ago inquiring (and probably complaining) about where to find them. I kid you not....a representative for Kraft brought her an entire CASE of Fudgies to her house! She's always been "lucky" like that. Goes to the top and gets amazing results. Tell Keith to call the Moon Pie people and he just may get a case delivered to his door! Aw, but then the fun of the "search" would be over! That's probably the best part!!!
Mammy

 
At April 27, 2009 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Momma R said...

Praying for Melissa's trip. I can hardly wait to hear her stories as only she can tell them...AMen?

And.....I think it's kinda mean of you to tease us about what your writing!! hahaha!! I can hardly wait.

Moon Pies and an RC Cola.....that's the ticket.

Hey...His Little Lamb. I am praying for you and your friend studying Daniel. It's was one of my favorites!!

Royana

 
At April 27, 2009 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Living day by day for Jesus said...

You make sure that man of yours glorifies God for those DOUBLE DECKERS! "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." --Ephesians 3:20-21

And I have been and am going to continue to pray for Amanda on her journey...God speaks volumes when we go outside of our comfort zone!

Lifting you up as well for your 10 day writing venture!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Melissa in AR said...

Dear Keith,

You should move to Arkansas. Not only do we have great spots for hunting and fishing, but we also have Moon Pies EVERYWHERE. Just this morning, I saw them in Wal-Mart and in my local grocery store: in boxes, individually wrapped and in every flavor known to man: chocolate, vanilla, banana...even peanut butter.

P.S. When you come, bring Beth with you. We love her here!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Christy Myhand said...

I thought about you yesterday when I was at BJs and saw that they sold Moom Pies in bulk.

 
At April 27, 2009 at 10:16 AM , Blogger gillian said...

you crack me up!!!!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Shawna said...

Double decker moon pies! : ) God sure has a sense of humor. And may the God who is able to do IMMEASUREABLY more than all we ask or imagine - bless your writing, and Melissa's ministry - even more than a double decker moon pie blesses Keith. And praying today that God would give me a heart to see the double decker moon pies in my life. Us gals are so complex sometimes, that we overlook the simple blessings that bring the less "complex-gender" genuine happiness!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 10:19 AM , Blogger cheryl said...

I am praying for Melissa . ps you can get moon pies by the case at sams, or at least you can in Mississippi

 
At April 27, 2009 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

Oh Beth, you make me laugh out loud! So happy for Keith and his double decker moon pies! Praying for Melissa and the team.
~Kristin

 
At April 27, 2009 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Lauren said...

YAY!!!! I'm soooo glad Melissa made it safely :)

 
At April 27, 2009 at 10:42 AM , Blogger amandawgoins said...

Beth, I just recently found your blog, and I simply adore you and your husband. Yal are so precious. You are a hoot! (I know you have to read this with a deep southern accent, although I promise I don't have one).

I wanted to tell you something. I'm 23 and just recently my husband told me he didn't want to be married to me anymore. Completely caught me by surprise and I didn't know where to go, then I remember something you said in the Esther study…"if ____ then GOD." This is exactly what I've done. Fill in the blank with everything I've had to go through in the last month and give it to God. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your studies, your blogs, everything that you have allowed God to do through you, because you and your work has helped me through this time in a way I could never express. Your blogs have made me cry with laughter, when I didn't feel like laughing, but wanted to cry in sorrow. Your studies have constantly reminded me that God is always with me, even when I can't see it. God tells us that he knows the plans he has for us and they are to prosper us, and not to harm us, and my prayer is that through everything, I can come out of this storm stronger in him. For it is through him alone, can I stand.

I'm praying for you and your precious family. Thank you again for everything you do.

Much love,

Amanda Goins

 
At April 27, 2009 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Susy said...

Beth, you are too funny. It is great to be a part of your escapades! And to know that there is life after kids. I have an 11 week-old angel and presently, I can't imagine life without her in front of me. ;)

 
At April 27, 2009 at 11:18 AM , Blogger Fliterary said...

Love this! My husband would be praising God with Keith for the Moon Pies. Ah, the joys of life!

So grateful Melissa arrived safely. I'm praying for them, and praying for you.

Beth, thank you for sharing your love of Christ with us, and thank you for sharing your life. You are such a blessing!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Kierstan said...

Yeah she made it! I'm sure she is dog tired but still so excited. Praise His NAME.

Okay, I am tickled you are wanting a good treat. So happy for Keith for finding some pies!

Love & Joy,
Kierstan

 
At April 27, 2009 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Annalou said...

Glad to hear that Melissa has arrived safe and sound.

Mark, my husband, went to India with Bob Caldwell and Global Encounters over Christmas this year and said it was incredible! He even had the opportunity to preach. Pastor Nazire asked him if he was sure if he was a dentist at home, he said he thought Mark sounded like a preacher to him! LOL We love that about Bob... that he tries to give everyone an opportunity to do whatever they feel called to.

My stepson, Tyler, also went with them this year. Ty did a lot of video and took pictures. I've got one Mark has asked me to send you of the School LPM has helped sponsor/build. The plaque they have up is beautiful and LPM's name is on it. I'll try to remember to email it to the LPM website.

Anyway, we will be praying for Melissa and what GOD has in store for her there.

Blessings in Christ,

Anna In MO

 
At April 27, 2009 at 12:44 PM , Anonymous Vicki said...

Have you gotten scads of Moon Pies shipped to the LP office? I sure have thought about it when I was in Cracker Barrel and saw 12 for $4.99 - and even a new peanut butter flavor!

After losing a goog friend and great man of God last week, I am more and more spurred on about being "authentic". I think that is why you and LP ministries touch so many. Because you make yourself vulnerable and you acquaint yourselves with us instead of acting like you have the answers and have arrived. Don't get me wrong, I esteem you greatly and learn so much from you. But I love your "realness", the trip down I-10 and stopping at the convenience store... Don't stop - keep on being Beth Moore and Keith and Amanda and Melissa...We love it and we as the Christian community need more than ever to come alongside authentic Christians. We all need each other!

Blessings!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 1:07 PM , Blogger April said...

Beth you are too funny. I can only imagine Keith's excitement over not only finding moon pies.. but double decker as well? Awesome.

And I am waiting anxiously to read Melissa's journey!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Nichole's Mom said...

Stole his pies!!! It's even funnier when you say it out loud!

Prayers and love to you all.

Judy

 
At April 27, 2009 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Bullock Family said...

A laugh from Mom! Beth, I hope you know you are Mom to a lot of us! (I am the same age as Amanda) I use to smoke when I was stressed, now I get on and read blogs! It is a much better option and I get so excited when "Mom" has signed on to crack us up! I am praying for you and your writing this week! That Holy Spirit does wonders for the faithful!!!!!!
Kelly
Clarksville, Tennessee

 
At April 27, 2009 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous Kara said...

Beth, I love how you make us feel like we're right along with you. Now that you mention them, I wouldn't mind one moon pie, let alone ten! Thanks for the note. I'll be praying for your writing time. God Bless.

 
At April 27, 2009 at 3:20 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

I'm laughing so hard at this post re: Double-Decker Moon Pies. I think I had just the measely single-deckers once and can't remember they were that wonderful, but to each his own!!! :) Thanks for bringing a smile, and praise the Lord that Melissa and her team arrived safely!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 3:59 PM , Blogger AnnG said...

You crack me up!! Seriously, I love your sense of humor and your love of God!! Thanks for keepin' it real for the rest of us!!

 
At April 27, 2009 at 5:00 PM , Anonymous RS said...

Beth
I love your road trips, they make me want to take one myself....and being a author, I could really use a few days away from everything and 99% of the people and do some serious writing. Wow Baby! sounds soooo good!
Thanks for letting us know about your yougin getting to her destination safe and sound. I've been wondering,and wondering, praying and praying.
Oh by the by....I'm happy for your man getting his moon pies, and double deckers at that. Nothing like a happy man now is it.

RS/Nashville

 
At April 27, 2009 at 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth
Always remember and never forget.
We love you like crazy too.

Becky/Brentwood

 
At April 27, 2009 at 11:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, I just have to say what a blessing this blog is to me! I have done at least six of your studies and am currently on the Psalms of Ascent (just finished Esther; probably my favorite!!). I haved LOVED getting to 'know' your daughters here!! They are just as precious as you are!! I was moved to tears reading Melissa's post from India.....I sponser two girls through Compassion (Brazil & Uganda) and to hear what sponsership means to these children!!!! Then I read your post and had tears of another kind!!!! Girl, you kill me....I could just die laughing!!!
Next week you will be in my neighborhood for the National Day of Prayer......I am so looking forward to it!! I'm excited to introduce my girls (ages 7 & 16) to 'my friend', Beth!!

'Scripture memorizing Siesta', Judi
from Lancaster, PAr

 
At April 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Claire Nance said...

Praying for you all! Thank God for His favor! LOL!

 
At April 28, 2009 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

Melissa,

Thank you so much for your willingness to share with us what you are experiencing in India. I can't wait to hear more. You are in my prayers.

 
At April 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Jkhb said...

Beth, I think we have the same taste in snacks! I love those karo popcorn balls, and peanut brittle to boot! I'm so glad Melissa arrived safely, and look forward to hearing about what God taught her on her trip and the blessings she has on it. Of course praying for you and your family

 
At April 28, 2009 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Glendadeedle said...

You are so hilarious! Bless you for making us laugh!

Glenda
Harrison, AR

 
At April 28, 2009 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Jina said...

Beth,

Loving your moon pie story. If I find a place that carries them here in Oregon, I'll be sure to send a stash for you to surprise him with. :) Praying for Melissa. Any word on her headaches?

Have fun writing and enjoying your husband and your ranch!

Jina

 
At April 28, 2009 at 4:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Cracker Barrel over the weekend and they have boxes of moon pies there - fyi. Praying for Melissa and all of you. So thankful for the blog!!!

Linda
Wichita

 
At April 28, 2009 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Gran Jan said...

Oh Beth - I have so much on my heart right now - I know my ADHD will most likely kick in!

I am praying for your Lis, and I KNOW you couldn't be prouder of her - she is an amazing young woman! And doesn't she look precious in those pictures with the Indian children???

You know about Karo syrup popcorn balls? I couldn't love you more!

Can't wait to hear about the new project - may God bless you and give you favor and establish the work of your hands (Ps. 90:17).

Double-decker Moon Pies? A double portion of the inheritance for sure. I'll look for some the next time I'm at Sams - moon pies are as prevalent as kudzu in Georgia!!!

Wish you were here to share my cornbread and collards and black-eyed peas from supper!

I got to babysit my grandboy Zeke last night and put him down for the night. We had a blast! I rouse him up so much and love every minute of it!

You are one "witty way with words" woman!!!

Much Love,
GJ

 
At April 28, 2009 at 8:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, you are absolutely the biggest hoot ever! I am one exhausted school teacher, and this is my moment of relaxing before grading a few more papers tonight! I'm so glad Melissa is safe, and will continue to pray for her and the team. I'll also pray for safe travel with that moon pie eatin' man of yours! hee hee hee....

 
At April 28, 2009 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Donna said...

Hey Beth, I see from your post that you are in my area...love it!!
I pray that one day I have the priviledge of meeting you. Forget those in the spotlight...you, my dear, are my 'hero'...NO, you are not on a pedestal (sorry)..but you have guided me through God's Word for years and for that I praise God and thank you for being faithful to your calling. Because of Melissa's trip and blogs, I have sponsored a young girl from Compassion. I had never heard of the organization before Melissa's trip. I am excited about my association with this young person. She and I have the same birthday and share some other things in common...is God good, or what? Take care and enjoy your "cactus ranch." Our paths may cross one of these days. I anxiously await to hear what you are writing about...Love you Siesta Beth

 
At April 28, 2009 at 10:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth I just love how you can make me laugh at the end of an exhausting day! I'm so happy for the privilege to pray for Melissa and also for you to be focused and energized as you write like crazy - can't wait to hear what you're writing!
We finished Esther right before Easter(I'll have to send pics of the awesome Purim banquet we ended with!) and just started Get Out of that Pit for a Spring study. Still praying about facilitating a summer study:-)
Love you like crazy too!
Ada from Michigan

 
At April 28, 2009 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Shellie Paparazzo said...

Oh, you two have way too much fun when you travel! Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know, my family, especially my son, Jeremiah (10 years old) could use some prayer. He got stung on Friday at school and had a severe allergic reaction and I had to rush him to the emergency room. His dad did it again on Monday, after giving him a shot with an epi pen, for those of you who are familiar with those. In between times he's started having trouble breathing. He started having trouble on his way home from school this afternoon. To make a long story short after 3 visits to the emergency room and a visit to the doctor in the last 5 days, and we're not done yet, Jeremiah's sick of doctors and especially sick of NEEDLES! He says he never wants to see the inside of a hospital again. I wish I could promise him he won't have to. Anyway, they took some blood today at the doctor's for testing. Please pray that they find out exactly what all he's reacting to and any other problems that are happen. And, as you can imagine we're all a little jumpy and stressed and tired. And, I'll admit it, Josh and I are a little worried about how much all of this is going to end up costing us. We were pretty broke to start out with. My husband just says, God will provide for it all somehow. Sometimes, I swear, he has more faith than I do, in some areas. But, especially, pray for Jeremiah, that the bees will stay away from him and he won't have any other problems with his breathing, at least until we get the test results back, for sure.

 
At April 29, 2009 at 2:08 AM , Blogger Claire Nance said...

I had to let you know what my husband said to me tonight. He's legally blind and so I do all the driving. I've been sick with sinus for 10 days and haven't been able to go to the store. He pulled me aside as I was passing through the kitchen earlier this evening and said very seriously, "When you go to the store tomorrow, stock up on chips. We've been out for days. Buy double of Baked Lays and Cheetos so this won't happen again." I thought of you and Keith and the moon pies and I just stared and pressed my lips together. Then when I was sure I wouldn't smile, I said "Okay. Stock up on chips. Got it." He nodded and walked away. Are husbands cute, or what?

 
At April 29, 2009 at 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So....has he ever heated his moon pie in the microwave??? It's hard to improve on perfection, but I think it makes 'em even better!

We had a store in our area once that had a "Once in a Blue Moon Sale" and gave away---can you guess?--BLUE moon pies! Yes, we went...

You are so funny and *real*. Love it!

Karen in AR

 
At April 29, 2009 at 2:29 PM , Blogger katiegfromtennessee said...

Melissa made it, and it looks like I'll have good stuff to read! Your adventures in Texasland are cracking me up again Spiritual Mom Beth! I thought of Keith yest. I was at the groc store and saw peanut butter moonpies. I had to buy some for my man! If they wouldn't melt in the mail, I'd send ya some:) You know all of us here love you like crazy too, Spiritual Mom Beth! Will pray for you too. Writing blessings to you!:)

katiegfromtennessee

 
At June 16, 2009 at 5:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

James 1:12 (kjv)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home