Thursday, December 18, 2008

Luke 1:45

"Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!" Luke 1:45

Believe Him.

Labels:

221 Comments:

At December 18, 2008 at 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Shawn Corleone said...

O wow! I needed that right this minute!! Awesome.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Ashli said...

Amen!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Yes, Lord!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...how have I missed this verse reading this story year after year since I was sitting in little Preschool Sunday School!

I'm Believing God, today, Beth and I think you know what I'm doing when I say that!! wink wink

Merry Christmas, friend! I'm praying that our love for Him will grow and grow and that this Christmas will be unlike any other -- that He we will listen...hear...God speaking!!

Blessings,
Dori

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Paige said...

How great is my God! I haven't checked up on my blogs for today and so after receiving another phone call from a friend that she was pregnant (we are infertile) I was trying to take my mind off of it and praying about it through the tears when I came upon this post. Immediately I found my God carrying me. Praise you Father for all things are glorious! Thank you so much for this post. It renewed my strength!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Sheryl said...

WHOA!! Ok, that's all I can say right now. Thanks for word, it is for ME.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you should post this today, just as I was struggling with something very appropriate for this scripture.

It's so amazing that God can even use a blog to minister to me!

Thanks!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:31 PM , Blogger mariel said...

AMEN!! Let us be women who believed!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Anna said...

Yes ma'am! Thank you.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, your posts are ALWAYS on time!
This is SO a word of God for me today.

Jessica

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Renee said...

What an encouragement today! This verse is so timely in my life! Praise the Lord for his blessings, and that He ALWAYS keeps his promises!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:40 PM , Blogger Laura said...

Amen, Amen, and Amen.
So often we don't even ask the LORD cause we don't believe that he will do it. All he asks is that we believe. Oh what great things that he has in store.
I am seeking and believing as GOD reveals himself to me. All of this is for his glory!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Shauna said...

Wow Beth, I know you do not know me but I am sure that was for me. That just hit me square between the eyes. I have been struggling with something that I know the Lord has wanted us (my family) to do but because of others I have stalled and been crying out to Jesus. Thank you for your obedience to Him, our God never leaves us or forsakes us.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Melinda said...

Well that just screams for an index card! :o)

Thanks and blessings on you this day,
Melinda

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:52 PM , Blogger Molly said...

Girl - The fact that you would post this verse, just blows my mind. Just this morning I read in one of my devotional's (Jon Courson) how we can't let the sad times make us turn our voice into needing sympathy, but rather show that we have a new song, and that new song is a symphony that is "God is in control."
When I would be sad about this last year (pretty sad, I have been depressed for awhile) I just couldn't let it go, but today, the LORD spoke to me: You either belive me or you don't.
Did this particular door close for a reason, yes; He has something better for me.
I either believe Him, or I don't.
But I do. And you know what, my song is getting louder.

Peace and Blessings to you Siesta Mama.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am believing!

Therefore, I am blessed!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!
This affirmed something very special for me.
God is so good!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!

Merry Christmas to the Moore's, Jones' and Fitzpatrick's.

God Bless you all.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:02 PM , Blogger TRUTH SHARER said...

Beth: I have read, heard, and have written this passage more than 20 times this week. I've been saying it over and over [in the KJV]. God is holding out so many special promises to me and I AM BELIEVING Him for ALL of them! He has raised me from the ashes of my past! What looks impossible to man - is MORE than possible with GOD!! O praise His Holy Name! Shine the Light! Choosing JOY, Stephanie

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you- I needed that.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth - Thanks for that simple, yet powerful reminder. I am trying really hard to not grow weary in believing Him about a certain issue that I know will one day come to be. It's so hard to wait. Thanks for the encouragement!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks you Beth and thank you LORD!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Xena said...

O that we would believe everything He says about us, more and more and more!!
Mare

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Holly said...

I hear ya! Thank you. Choosing to believe my Jesus. Thanking Him today for you and all your staff at LPM, Beth.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

How I love that verse!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! I totally just went to this page needing some encouragement and PRAISE GOD, that is what I just got! Before I read this blog, which is often, I usually ask GOD for a word, but this time HE answered before I could ask!
I have been dealing with some depression for about the past four months, and there have been some pretty tough moments. But GOD never fails to pick me up of the ground and show me that is IS going to be ok! And PRAISE GOD when ever trail comes into my life HE will ALWAYS use it for my good! and pour blessing upon blessing on my life through it! and HE allows me to take away MUCH plunder at the end and during all of my trails! TAKE THAT satan! satan has been viciousley attacking me through all of this OF COURSE, because he knows that GOD is working very powerfully in my life and that is his worst nightmare! The more he attacks just makes it that much more clear that GOD has made me a threat to that FOOL! PRAISE GOD!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

Love to all,
Kim in VA

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Lina said...

Sometimes, so much can be said with so few words. This spoke volumes to me. I'm believing.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:37 PM , Blogger JanAl said...

Rejoicing in His birth
Luke 1:14

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Cheryl Barker said...

Thanks for the good word, Beth, from the Word of God. Have a wonderful Christmas!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

What a perfect, timely Word! I was just telling God this morning that I believed He can do what He said He can do. And then...reality hit me square in the face and knocked me down. Thank you for helping me get back up.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:38 PM , Blogger bethykay01 said...

This is exactly what I needed to be reminded of today!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. For the last six months, we have been struggling financially and have found ourselves on our knees so many times asking for God's wisdom, provision, and guidance. A couple of weeks ago, God so graciously and mercifully provided some much-needed funds in the final hour, and we have been so thankful. It's still a tight situation, but every time the enemy starts chirping on my shoulder to start worrying again, the verse "Do not be anxious about anything" keeps coming to mind, and that has brought a peace and calmness to my soul that hadn't been there for quite a while.

My stressed-out husband just came to me with concern because this is typically our slower time of year anyway, and he's carrying the load. I was able to share with him what I have been believing in my heart -- not to be anxious about anything -- and encouraged him to relax and enjoy the season, even though that's very hard for him to do when he feels as though it's up to him to make things happen.

Then I opened your blog moments later and saw your most encouraging words. Thank you for those words of reassurance today. Believe HIM! We all need to do more of that because HE alone is our great provider!!! He has spoken to my heart, and I just need to keep believing Him today.

Thanks to all of you at LPM for all that you do for us. This blog is such a source of encouragement for me. Merry Christmas and love to all!!!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Taria M. said...

I asked for a Word today.... I think this is exactly what I needed to hear! I needed to be reminded that He will always follow through on His Word, and that He never leaves us. Thank you, and may He bless you extra today.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:52 PM , Blogger Redeemed said...

Yes, maam!
Short, sweet, to the point...and just what I needed to hear. Thanks!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 5:56 PM , Blogger cindy said...

I believe. Lord, help my unbelief!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:03 PM , Blogger DigiNee said...

Enough said . . .

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do I do know that he is God I do I do know he loves me I do I do,know taht one day I will see.I knwo with all my eahrt he loves me & I love him. Victoria Reidsville nc

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this word today! I'm doing 90 Days with the Beloved Disciple. Today was about Jesus turning the water to wine and how the Holy Spirit will fill us the same way. Oh how I believe I will be filled!!! Thank you for the timely encouragement, sister. You are such a blessing.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:07 PM , Blogger julie said...

I'M BELIEVING HIM.

Thanks Beth.

Merry Christmas.

Julie

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:09 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Beth,
I can't even begin to tell you what the word Believe means to me and how God is using this specific word in my life right now. I am so excited for this post!!! I asked God to encourage me today because I have been down and God has gone above and beyond that today!! I love Him!

I love you!
Patty

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:09 PM , Blogger RachTurner said...

Thank you for this reminder. I needed desperately to hear these words today. Thank you.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do.

Your timing, as always, is impeccable.

Today, one of two major decisions for our family, was made outside of our control. Fully surrendered to Christ - AND STANDING FIRM in HIS promises - we learned the decision will help provide for us into September of 2009.

Totally surrendered on the last major decision.

He is Jehovah-Jireh.

Thank you so much for the reminder.

I love you!

Susan

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:26 PM , Blogger Beauty from Ashes said...

Thats such an amazing verse! Thank you for sharing it. This was something that I needed today! May God Bless You!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN and thank you Beth! Thank you for your ministry and always taking the time to encourage and teach us.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:31 PM , Blogger puzzlepiecesista said...

I DO....I WILL....I BELIEVED GOD FOR 9 INS. OF SNOW FOR OUR ANNIVERSARY AND WE ALREADY HAVE AT LEAST A FOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOHOOHOOJAHHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angela in Redmond, WA

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This verse means so much to me. Fourteen Christmases ago I was early on in a pregnancy and scared to death. I had miscarried seven months before and I was so afraid that I could not carry a healthy baby. One day close to Christmas I read this verse in my devotions and the Lord helped me to trust and believe in Him. He is true to His word. I now have a 13 year old son that is taller than I am, an 11 year old and a 9 year old daughter. Beth is right ladies. Believe Him! He is always trustworthy. He does not let us down.
Kristen in TN

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

word.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am believing! Thank you Beth, this is one of my favorites!

Here's another one that came to me today as I was shoveling our newly fallen 2 feet of snow...

"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow." Is. 1:18

What an amazing time of year!

We love you Jesus!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:41 PM , Blogger Julie said...

This is my scripture on my blog...I believed God for a baby and we found out a week before Thanksgiving that we're pregnant! We had our u/s last Friday and things look great. We're telling our family on Christmas. I claimed this verse!! God is so AMAZING!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Kristi Butler said...

Wow! Sweet words from the Word...and just the ones I needed today.

Thank you! And Merry Christmas!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a clear Word.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:50 PM , Blogger fuzzytop said...

Dear Beth,

When we were at the LPL in San Antonio, Travis and the Praise Team sang the song, "Before the Throne of GOd ABove", but right before they sang it, Travis talked for a minute, and he said "...you are not forgotten". That's something I needed to hear. I'm believing that He has not forgotten me, now or ever.

Is 49:14-16
14 But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me."
15."Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
16.See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.


Much love,
Adrienne

 
At December 18, 2008 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Lindsey @ A New Life said...

Such a simple and powerful verse, and one I needed to hear today. Thank you!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Ann said...

I believe!!!

ann

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:05 PM , Blogger His Kid said...

Oh Beth! Thank you for posting this simple verse! I've been waiting on the Lord for an answer to prayer for two years now...going through "Believing God" to better understand what is Biblical faith and just last week watching your "Who Do You Trust?" video series online. For two years my head has been 'spewing' about that 'one thing' that I was having trouble trusting God with. I finally released it all and came to a point of trusting Him in that 'one thing.' I saw a small indication that the long awaited answer is not only coming, but has indeed arrived. I have been showered in blessing! "Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!"
Blessings to you dear Beth and thank you for submitting to the Holy Spirit in your life so that others may be blessed through you!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the word! I needed to hear that today!! Bless you my friend!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

With all my heart.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this verse. The timing can only be from God. I am so grateful for the work you are allowing him to do through you Beth. I did the Believing God study months and months ago and still refuse to take off my blue thread.....I believe.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:21 PM , Blogger lori said...

OHHHH Thanks for that one

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:23 PM , Blogger bethany said...

I've been away from this blog for the last few days and boy have I missed it!
I need to get my internet problems fixed! Aughhhhhh!
I am believing God for healing in my family of origin. There HAS to be a better way for my family to live and relate! God is the answer I know...they just need to know that too!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:26 PM , Blogger southern mom said...

Mrs. Beth,

Thank You so very much. I had just a few moments ago reminded God of His word to me in a prayer. And God in His WONDERFUL,LOVING way through you gave me HIS WORD. Thank You.....

Love,
Jennifer in Louisiana

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so needed, to see this post today. I have been believing God for a miracle for a family member for over seven years now. It has been extremely difficult at times, especially the last four months. satan threw me a curve that I never saw coming, but I know that my God is faithful and will keep His word to me. He has never let me down. I so appreciate this blog and all of your Bible studies. This is only the second time I've posted, but I've been reading the blog for almost two years now. Beth, you have strengthened me in the Word more than you will ever know. May God bless you and your family this Christmas season.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Dacia said...

ahhh! i love that verse!

i memorized the christmas story from luke this year (luke 1:26-56 and luke 2:1-20) and for the first time, that particular verse has stood out and been so real to me! when i read it this year to memorize it, i thought of it in a whole new light and every time i recite it, i remind myself to be the kind of woman who believes that God will do and can do what he says he will do!!

God used you to remind me of that with this verse. Thanks!!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Rodger and Lynne Schmidt Mozambique said...

Thanks, Beth, for this reminder of the words of Jesus.
We are in a precarious, faith-stretching time in our life and ministry. Things seem pretty grim right now. My faith, while looking at the facts, was growing shakier by the day while the questions multiplied in my head. "Lord, don't you want this ministry to continue?"

It's 3 a.m. as I write this in Africa. I'm awake, feeling overwhelmed by our circumstances. I don't believe I pulled up your blog by accident! I'm going back to bed,having "hidden this word in my heart"! Thank you!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:38 PM , Blogger Profbaugh said...

Oh my, Siesta Mama,

This is the perfect WORD for me today and I'm claiming it for my life. 'Nuff said. As usual God's timing is perfect. Thanks for letting Him use you to speak to me.

Much love,
~Cheryl aka "Prof"

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

I am "trying" to be blessed by what the Lord has said to me that will be accomplished!

Love You!!

With "Heaven Bound" blessings,
Kim Safina
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been believing God for a messed-up friend to be delivered from, oh, you name it! I asked God if I could stop being friends with this person, if it was too unhealthy. God said no! He has erected good boundaries enabling us to continue to be friends. And then He showed UP! (years later, of course, as he is wont to do) My friend is delivered. DE-LIV-ERED. Imagine if I'd disobeyed God and bailed when things were hard? I got to see His victory and his glory poured out like marbles all over a hardwood floor. (I have a toddler.) Every day I wake up with glee, thinking of what He has done. Merry Christmas!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:46 PM , Blogger The Wootens said...

That says it all!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Yolanda said...

I have God-skin, I so needed this tonight. My Mom has been with Jesus 6 years today, she was 57 and passed due to Pancreatic Cancer. Diagnosed 18 days prior to her death and in those 18 days, God used me to lead her to Him.

Thank You Jesus, thank you Beth and LPM Team!

Yolanda

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Maggie said...

Beth -
I claim that verse today! Thank you!
Sweet Father, you spoil me! I love you with all that I am.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Debbie Carson said...

Thank You, Beth! Just what I needed this evening. In the midst of the bustle of Christmas preparations it can be so overwhelming! Bless you for the reminder that the Lord has a Higher Purpose and Jesus is Indeed the Reason for the Season...Today, Tomorrow and Always!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed....blessed is the woman who believes what the Lord has said. Each week I am honored to spend time with incarserated women and bring to share with them the hope and peace that our loving God offers to those who believe. May those who have ears hear and those who have eyes see all the amazing things God can and will do in the lives of His chosen believers.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:02 PM , Blogger twinkle said...

I believe!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Meredith Houston Carr said...

Beth, your blog is such a blessing. Thank you for being such a woman of faith and for sharing your life with so many!! May God richly bless you and your whole family this Christmas season!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:06 PM , Blogger Cristi said...

Oooooh another confirmation! Great Scripture! Thanks!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Emmy said...

Thank you Lord... you knew exactly what I needed to hear today! : )

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I checked the blog tonight not expecting to see anyting new (I checked earlier today), and this verse was a shocker to see - when I bought my first home two years ago, this was the exact verse (exact version of the verse also!) that the Lord gave me while I was in that process. Since that time, I have lost that home to a foreclosure (last February)and dealt with some highly painful life situations, to the point I've wondered if I heard Him wrong, or even strongly considered just giving up, and begging Him to call me home. I needed TONIGHT the reminder that my beleif is about Him, not the circmstances that are around me - He will accomplish his purposes in my life, and as I believe Him, He calls me blessed. THANK YOU SO MUCH Ms. Beth for following God's prompting on this blog entry!

In His Hope,

"Mimerrific" Girl

P.S.: I am not new to Siestaville -I read all the time & occasionally post under "anonymous" but I needed to throw out a "Hallejuah Hi Five" on this one! Blessings again to all of you, especially the Siesta Mama!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Janice said...

I'm believin'!!!! This verse is sooooooo timely! For right now! Thank you LORD!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Shawn said...

Sweet Mama Beth, Thank you for an apt word. It is like gold apples in settings of silver. Merry Christmas and may Jesus bless you because you have believed Him and have shown us through your life that the plans He has for us are GOOD plans. My love to you!! Shawn

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have chills...this one of my all time, walk with me through the ages favorite verses. I think I need to ask God what He has for me in this, right now! Thank you!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

Did God tell you to do this for me??
Having a hard time believing Him today. He has told me that He is going to heal my little girl with all evidence to the contrary. I have been wearing my blue bracelet now for longer than I can remember...
A friend sent me a great quote today. "Feed your faith and your doubts will starve."
I liked that!!

Andrea

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been meditating on this verse since the beginning of December! What a timely reminder...

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Thanks Beth--those are the words that I needed. I will do the thing!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:22 PM , Blogger beckyjomama said...

So simple ... so big ... so TRUE!

Love you Beth, Amanda & Melissa!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Moose Mama said...

My first Beth Bible Study was Believing God. It changed my life.

I have a concrete brick that Veronica made that says "Believe" on my kitchen sink. I have a blue crystal bracelet that Adrienne (fuzzytop) made me with a silver tag that says "Believe". I wear it everyday

Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.
2 Timothy 1:11-13

I'm Believing God!

Melana in Wyoming

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I BELIEVE! May God bless you and your family Beth. Merry Christmas.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Thanks for the arm around my shoulders.

Kate

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the encouragement to indeed continue to believe Him for what looks impossible, but He has told us He will do!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

As a real estate agent in these uncertain economic times... I am certain of this...

God is who He says He is.
God can do what He says He can do.
I am who God says I am.
I can do all things through Christ?
God’s word is alive and active in me.

Believing Him when He says He will provide all my needs!!!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I REALLY needed this reminder tonight. Thank you. Converge was amazing. I felt like I was a spiritual bull's eye and am still pondering the significance of what was spoken over me. However, that doesn't stop the evil one from doing his best to get to us. Tonight, he is throwing some arrows! Thank you for helping lift up that shield of faith around me.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

THANK YOU FOR TEACHING ME TO BELIEVE GOD'S WORD.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALL GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!! Perfect timing, as usual! Thank you.
Love,
Paulette from East Texas

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

THANK YOU FOR TEACHING ME NOT JUST TO BELIEVE IN HIM BUT TO BELIEVE HIM. HE IS SUCH AN AWESOME GOD.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

This is what I needed to hear. Thank you so deeply.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect. Thank you.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!! my sister

 
At December 18, 2008 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Alta Lynn said...

Beth, this verse blesses my heart. A year ago I was very sick and Drs. couldn't find out what was wrong. After many tests and still no answers I cried out to God and ask Him to give me a sure word to know what was I to do. He said to my heart "Only believe and you shall see the glory of God." I was looking more for, "Daughter your faith has healed you." So I believed!!! It was a long dark time for me but God is faithful. He did not let the Drs. give me any medicine or diagnois the problem. Finally by May I began to get healthy and strong and I have been healed and made whole by the power of God. I give Him glory everyday for His mercy and grace in my life") Jesus is just the best") "Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished."
Luke 1:45
Thank you Beth for loving our Jesus and helping us to love Him more. I have been honored to bring 10 of your studies to our Ladies of Crossroads CommunityChurch of Kokomo, In. We will start Eshter in January of 2009...Yeah!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours")
AltaLynn---beloved of God

 
At December 18, 2008 at 9:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You JESUS!!! I DO I DO I DO believe you!!! You never fail me!!! I am forever grateful to you for last Saturday. I will never ever forget it as long as I live.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 9:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sight is not faith, and hearing is not faith; but believing when we neither see, hear, nor feel is faith; and everywhere the Bible tells us our salvation is to be by faith. Therefore we must believe before we feel, and often against our feelings, if we would honor God by our faith. (Hannah Whitall Smith) Kelly from Michigan

 
At December 18, 2008 at 9:11 PM , Blogger FROGGITY! said...

passing this one along to my momma!

love y'all and hope you're having a blessed christmas!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Monica said...

So needed that. Thank you.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 9:13 PM , Blogger NikkiPoppins said...

I can not begin to say how much I needed to hear that today.

Thank you!

Nikki

 
At December 18, 2008 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

I just had to comment on this one. I feel like this was for me. By God's grace, I WILL BELIEVE HIM!!!

God is who He says He is!
God can do what He says He can do! (and He WILL do what He promised)
I am who God says I am!
I can do all things through Christ!
His Word is alive and active in me!
I'M BELIEVING GOD!!!

Thank you for the reminder.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 9:20 PM , Blogger E. Tyler Rowan said...

Amen, Siesta Mama!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 9:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 9:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I was believin' it this morning, but I'm believin' it even more now! :)

 
At December 18, 2008 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Amen and amen!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I know I've said this before... (like in my very last comment,) but you just have NO idea, Mamma Beth, that I asked God for a specific encouragement just twenty minutes ago, sitting on the edge of a pit of uncertainty, and I check this website, and WHAMO!! God CAN.

I just keep studying His words (and your guidance) in the Believing God study, and He is turning my entire world upside down for His sake. Thankyou for reminding me of this verse!!
Love ya tons!!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 10:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Beth! That hit me in the heart. All to often we give up and quit believing in his word. His word is the only word we should have faith in but yet so little faith do we have.

God Bless you Beth

 
At December 18, 2008 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Daughter-in-Awe said...

What a timely reminder that I needed to hear. God has given me a promise a couple of months ago from Luke 8:50 concerning my teenage daughter. But the in between time waiting for the fulfillment has been difficult when many days it looks like she won't make it. So thank you for being the vessel to remind me again that He is faithful no matter how the present circumstances appear.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 10:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a "season" of my life where I'm finding it harder to believe Him than ever before.

Thank you for the simple reminder.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 10:19 PM , Blogger Concerned Christian said...

Beth, I cannot find the words to express to you how much I appreciate you allowing God to open your heart and speak to others through it. Last January, I did the "A Woman's Heart; God's Dwelling Place" study at my church. I have been saved for many years but this is the first time I have ever felt, seen, or studied Jesus on a personal level. I had no idea that the Old and New Testaments perfectly compliment each other the way that they do!


God used that study to put such a hunger in my heart for Him that it hurts sometimes. I cannot learn enough about Him. I cannot get enough of having His Presence in my life. He is truly my best Friend, my closest Family, my most treasured Confidante, and most of all my beautiful, precious, Savior who loved me enough to die for me in the most horrific and brutal way possible.

I know that you hear thousands upon thousands of testimonies everyday. I just want you to know that the verse you printed on your blog today was one that I needed. I do struggle with trusting the Lord but I am happy to say that He has watered and fertilized that grain of mustard seed faith that I started out with. Everyday is truly a learning experience with Him.

Thank You, Beth, for being who you are and letting Jesus be Who He is through your open and loving heart.


Have a Merry Christmas. May God richly bless you in all that you do. ~Hugs!~

 
At December 18, 2008 at 10:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 10:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tryin mama beth...it's just so hard when life hurts and there are no justifiable answers for why God appears to be standing idle as Satan is attacking you. I want to believe Him...I do.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 10:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray that I have the courage to make the same choice every day. What an honor to be able to boldly stand & say not only do I believe what the LORD has said, but I believe HE will follow thru!!

HE Who promised IS Faithful! This CHRISTmas I am rejoicing in the truth of this very verse. It has been a year of great brokeness, & when all the 'advice' around me (from dear Brothers & Sisters in CHRIST) encouraged me to give up, I believed. I didn't know how HE would, but I knew that HE could! All HE needed was a surrendered heart, & a willing vessel... now my part was not easy, but oh, so worth it. I now have beauty, the oil of Joy, & a lovely garment of Praise! & this is not merely a jacket I throw on, but a deep abiding transformation of who I am - because of WHO HE IS in me.

Here is how HE opened my eyes to it, & I love the picture. Have you ever put pears in green jello? It is one of my mom's faves, & a staple of my childhood - so when the LORD brought it up, I completely understood! When the pieces of pear go into the jello, they are their own soft ivory color - individual. Yet, as the Jello solidifies, it is saturating the pear. The pear is still a pear, & still slightly ivory, but thouroughly tinged with green... there is not one cell of the pear that is not consumed with green jello, yet it is still an individual pear.

My CHRISTmas prayer for each of you dear siesta's is that in '09 you will allow JESUS to turn your pear totally green! Let the tinge of HIM in your life change your countance forever.

Just BELIEVE..

Mistie Woods Brady
Abilene Texas

 
At December 18, 2008 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

Thank you, Beth! The Lord has used your Believing God study MIGHTILY in my life. I was just finishing it when He moved me from Houston to Colorado Springs a couple of years ago. He made it very real to me again when my church experienced a great tragedy last year (http://texanincolorado.blogspot.com/2008/12/believe-me.html), and it seems that not a day has gone by lately when He doesn't remind me that I simply need to believe Him. Thank you for your incredible ministry and for the enormous impact you have had on my life...without even realizing it. God is good!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Angela said...

Beth, I have been a marginal reader of your blog for a little while now. I've read several of your books, and they always minister to me. But lately, all your posts have been speaking directly to my heart. Thank you for your faithfulness and your willingness to show the Father's heart to others.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 11:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! It's amazing how Gods word is so...amazing...

 
At December 18, 2008 at 11:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...WOW Mama Siesta. That's the SECOND Confirmation TONIGHT from my Lord. Same Exact Word from the Lord earlier tonight.

When He tells us something, BELIEVE IT.

 
At December 18, 2008 at 11:49 PM , Blogger Healed By His Grace said...

Thank you, Beth, for this reminder. God's Word is the same yesterday, today and forever. And His Word is Truth.... you can take it to the heavenly bank, and claim His promises.

May all of you at LPM have a blessed Christmas, knowing that the birth of Jesus was the cross for each of us. Hallelujah and Amen!

Sweet blessings to you! Merry Christmas!!!

 
At December 18, 2008 at 11:54 PM , Blogger Tonia said...

Thank you for this scripture. It couldn't have come at a better time. Long story short... I have a 16-year-old daughter and we are not seeing eye-to-eye on anything right now..... I will rest on this scripture for sure.....Thank You!!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Debbie said...

Thank you sweet Beth for sharing this word with us. They were like gold nuggets I enjoyed reading before heading off to sleepy's house. Night zzzzzzz

 
At December 19, 2008 at 12:32 AM , Blogger rebekah said...

Love it, Beth! So inspiring. May it be true of all of us! My hubby in Kuwait and I decided to do a Bible study together while he was away and we decided to do No Other Gods. I didn't quite "get it" when Kelly told us on the blog this summer that what was really blowing her away after she wrote the study was what God had been replacing in her life in place of the idols.

At the time, I was just glad to identify some of the idols and start working on the removal of them. Now, several months later and in the midst of discussing the study again with my husband, God is making so much progress in helping me be rid of my idols,and is also in the process of moving me away from the "milk" to the "meat," of the spiritual life. Hallelujah!

It has been an awesome process. I think of your poem that has the thought (paraphrasing) "And I thought I loved Him then..." about how our love for Him just keeps growing more than we thought possible in the past.

I'm so glad you encouraged me this summer in the simulcast to "sow the word" and I have been "doing the thing" and the seeds are starting to sprout. I've got a long way to go toward a truly beautiful garden, but God is so good to give me glimpses of what He can do in a willing heart!

Okay, I'm still in MN visiting my mom and family/friends. Can I just say- it is so cold here!!! I cannot wait to go back to CA. The snow was beautiful- esp. for a day - maybe two, but now... I'm so over white. I keep asking God to show me His beauty in the midst of this frozen and barren tundra! I know He can. But, can he make my nose and toes warm again- ever???

Today we are officially halfway down with my hubby's deployment!!! Hooray. Stay warm wherever you all are!

Love,
Rebekah

 
At December 19, 2008 at 12:55 AM , Blogger Teresa said...

Thanks for this encouragement. A word I so needed.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 12:59 AM , Blogger Mousie said...

Just when I was feeling like I had made a mistake about staying home with my kids, you post this! What a God stop! I just need to refresh my 5 believing God statements. Thanks

 
At December 19, 2008 at 1:17 AM , Blogger Andreea said...

You have no idea how much I needed this...THANK YOU!SO MUCH!!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 1:32 AM , Blogger Taylor said...

Yes, ma'am.

Thank you.

:: Taylor

 
At December 19, 2008 at 4:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"
Please pray for me, Beth. I am so weary.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 4:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen.

Warm in Alaska.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 4:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! I believe healing over my friends family today! I believe the salvation of my wonderful husband is soon! I believe healing over our adopted son as he is weaned off of his meds! I believe Jesus salvation, love, joy & peace over my extended family 2000 miles away! I love you Jesus!!!
Thank you, Beth! You are a blessing! Love, Dee

 
At December 19, 2008 at 5:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I claim it! Thanks,Beth, for the timely word!Thanks for the "call back"!

Cady

 
At December 19, 2008 at 5:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. For me, this reminder comes straight from the Holy Spirit.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 5:49 AM , Blogger Kim said...

What powerful words to start my day. I needed that reminder to so much this morning.
Glory to God in the Highest! Worthy is the Lamb!

Kim

 
At December 19, 2008 at 6:00 AM , Blogger Jenn said...

This is an exciting post. Don't need to say much to say ALOT. I actually had my ladies bible study in nepal memorize this for Bible study this week. It is a beautiful verse in the nepalee language. \
Here it is in nepalee script.. which this white m:ss*ionary girl is currently trying to learn
तिनी घनयकीए हुन जस्लए परेम्स्व्रोर्ले तिनिलैए भनुभेको कुर पुर हुनेछ भनी विश्वाश गरिन

 
At December 19, 2008 at 6:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sister! My spirit is leaping!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 6:14 AM , Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Amen!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 6:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen! Beth, thanks for that powerful reminder!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 6:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!

I am and have been for some time going through an extremely difficult time with a rebellious teen. Just last night we had another "Bad Day" and I was so devistated. I began to think maybe God isn't going to help us.

You words encouraged me.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 6:52 AM , Blogger Kiki said...

God's Word is alive and active! I so needed to hear that verse this morning, thanks Beth.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 7:07 AM , Blogger Mom of Eleven said...

Thank you for the reminder!
Merry Christmas Siestas!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 7:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just been through a very difficult time with a loved one this last week and SO appreciate these very simple, yet profound Words of God. Thank you for sharing this promise with us.
Thank you, Beth for listening to the Holy Spirit.
I have tears dripping down my cheeks. I do believe!
Love you!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 7:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN BETH. LOVE YOU

 
At December 19, 2008 at 7:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, lovely Beth!! I am trying so hard to believe God. My father is suddenly very, very ill and he is my mother's caretaker. Though I know God is in control and has a plan, I cannot see how this can possibly work out.

This word today was for me!! Thank you!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 7:53 AM , Blogger Deb1 said...

Oh Beth - how I have believed and believed some more! The Lord has seen me through stage 3 breast cancer 10 years ago and last year acute myeloid leukemia with a cord blood transplant. I was "one" yesterday! He has always been good and taught me so much through it all. Suffering is never wasted and it is so rich if you are willing to believe. I thank you for all that your studies have taught me. Bless you and your family this Christmas. Deb
www.caringbridge.com/visit/debmartell

 
At December 19, 2008 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Let me tell you something, you have no idea what I was praying for before that post. And you have no idea what that post means to me write now. One simple verse that has spoken mountains moving in my life.

Thank you.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 7:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conception takes place when we "believe". The Harvest will be whatever that seed was intented for but the seed won't grow unless we BELIEVE! The seed has been planted, water it with faith and God will make it grow and do the harvesting. I'm believing God!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lord gave that verse to you to give to me TODAY! And I believe Him. Why are humans so hard headed? Thanks beth, hope you have an awesome Christmas!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 8:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth - it seems my life is a constant roller coaster of believing Him and being so thankful that He could love me - and so quickly my next thought is that if I really believed that He loved me, I would be such a different person. And so many times His response to that is to give me yet another way to get a WORD through your teaching. You are the very best gift He has given me besides Jesus - and it is my hearts prayer that you know how very much you are loved by all the thousands of women like me. You make it seem possible to climb up in His lap and rest - I pray that your new year is blessed beyond measure

 
At December 19, 2008 at 8:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I BELEIVE

Pam in Southern In.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was certainly a message for me today. Always looking for an excuse or justification not to do what I know God wants me to do in a certain area of my life.

Thanks for such a timely word.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 8:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!! Some of my favorite Christmas words...

I'm a Believer!
Laura

 
At December 19, 2008 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Walking on High Hills said...

Yes, Amen! I continue to want to increase my belief in Him even more--today!

AMEN!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 8:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Needed that today, Beth! Thanks!
J.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is at work in us both to will and to do His good pleasure. Both then and now. We only need to look back in His Word and in our lives to see that indeed He will fulfill His purposes. Believing Him with you.
Shalom, shalom
Beverly

 
At December 19, 2008 at 8:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was just for me. Thank you.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All week, the Spirit has been speaking to me "just stop worrying about it and God will take care of it." The "it" in that sentence is an insecurity that I shared in the anonymous blog post a week or so ago. He keeps speaking that same sentence in my heart right into the core of that insecurity.

As I'm letting it go (from allowing it to bother me), living each moment in the fullness of His complete love and acceptance in spite of my insecurity, I sense....No, I KNOW...that if I keep doing that, God is going to take care of that insecurity and I'm going to get to a place of freedom there.

Sometimes the most profound truths are the most simple...just like you posted, Believe Him [and He will take care of it].

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:14 AM , Blogger EstherRD said...

This is exactly the word I needed to hear today! Thanks for being a voice for God's encouragement!
Merry Christmas everyone,
Esther :)

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the verse that is in a frame on my fireplace every Christmas season. I keep it there to remind my three daughters that they are miracles. When the doctor said I could never have children I stood on the words, "But God"! He did what I couldn't when I believed.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Beth. I so very much needed that verse at this sudden "interruption" in my life. I will keep believing!

Love ya,
Anne in MO

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the Word, I needed that this morning.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl....this is right from My JESUS' mouth today to me!
I'm Believin' HIM!!!
Do you think doing Believing God 5 times is too many? LOL!!! It's a powerful powerful study and your right it comes down to this in our walk. Have a Merry Christmas!
Jennie in Missouri

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Beth, That speaks to me loudly, I know I have a special calling on my Life from the Lord, the Lord has been calling me since at a young age into Women's Ministry and encouraging women to dive into His Word.To search for Healing only through Him. See years ago since I was a small baby until the age of 15, I was sexually, emotional, physically, verbal abused. Then my teenage years well messed up! Even though at the ripe age of 6 when I gave my heart to God, that's when I started calling, crying out to God to save me from this life, this world, this family. But God had a different plan. I would love to talk to you more indept. I have for many years but thought it would invade your privacy, that's from the evil one, I know you would listen to me. I love your blog, bible studies we talk alot about Beth Moore is this house and what God is doing through you. Thank you for the verse today, I am going through a season of healing again.
Merry Christmas Beth
peggy lee

Peggy lee Baker
peggyleebaker@gmail.com

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, Thank you soooo much for that precious verse. I have been troubled on my knees in prayer for our youngest daughter. She slipped behind in Spanish II & is at a 73%failing is 69%. She took a final quiz yesterday & this has not been graded yet . . .she thinks she did not do so well. She has been in class every single day. We woke up this morning to a snow day and now it is Christmas break. The new semester starts after that. To make a long story short. We won't know if she passed the class or not until next year. The anticipation of the unknown is the worst feeling ever. I am grasping hold of that precious verse and believing it! God is so good! I know this is a small thing compared to most . . .But huge to us. Thanks again!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

a short message yet such powerful words. AMEN !

Thanks, Beth. I can't tell you how much your ministry helps me in my walk with God.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

Hey Siesta's!!! If you live in the California area and want to see TRAVIS COTTRELL sing ~ He will be a featured guest at
The Crystal Cathedral with Schuller in the Garden Grove area !!! LETS PRAY FOR TRAVEL MERCIES FOR TRAVIS AND HIS FAMILY AND CREW !!!!
Be blessed by the voice of Travis and then go to Disneyland and enjoy a day of Christmas blessings as it snows on you down main street!! :)

HEY SIESTA GIRLS ~ I AM TOTALLY ENJOYING THE CHRISTMAS SEASON WITH MY FAMILY,TWINKLE LIGHTS, SMELL OF THE CHRISTMAS TREE, HOT APPLE CIDER, WRAPPING GIFTS,LAUGHTER WITH SONS, VISITING WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY, LAST MINUTE SHOPPING,SINGING
CHRISTMAS CAROLS L O U D!!!!

I love all of you and I love this outreach!!!
With "Heaven Bound" Blessings,
Kim Safina
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Lauren said...

Thank you Beth- I needed that :)

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:48 AM , Blogger Becca said...

Mrs. Beth,

I have a friend that I just met in August. In that short time we've become really close. She is leaving the day after Christmas to go to Moody Bible. We're here in Baton Rouge right now. I am so very happy that she was accepted, but also so very sad that she is leaving after such a short time. She is one of my first and few Christian friends my age. I'm 21 and don't see many people my age living for the Lord. I don't mean to turn this into an advice column, I was just wondering if you had anything to help lift my spirits a little. She's going to be so far away and I'm afraid of losing touch.

Or if any of you other wonderful ladies out there can say something, I'd really appreciate it.

Love and Hugs,
Becca in BR

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this today! I needed it so much. I do believe God to do what He has promised in my life. BTW-My girls group just finished the session on love and rejection in Living Beyond Yourself. It was so powerful for each one of us we couldn't speak afterwards for a couple of minutes. Thanks for letting God speak through you!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Dara said...

Beth - how is it you know exactly what I need to hear? Very timely and profoundly simple! :o)

I am always inspired by Mary's faith. Everytime the Lord asks me to do something out of the ordinary...something people misunderstand...I think of Mary. She's a wonderful example to us.

Thank you and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Ashia said...

wow. thank you for sharing that!!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I echo what another anonymous said: "Take that satan"

 
At December 19, 2008 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Beth said...

Girls, I cannot tell you how strong the sense was upon me to post that one Scripture. So thankful it ministered. It was NOT a coincidence.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Molly said...

No Ma'am, It was NO Coincidence!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this simple and precious truth!

Merry CHRISTmas!

Love,
Amy T.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 10:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did you know I needed this verse, dear friend????? May I ask how this particular verse was inspired? Blessings to you and yours this advent season and thank you for your ministry. A sister in Christ, Kathy

 
At December 19, 2008 at 10:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes a few words are the BEST!! I do believe, Father help my unbelief!!
Blessings,
Bible Bunny in No MI

 
At December 19, 2008 at 10:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to believe that that's for me; I'm just not sure that the Lord has said something to me, I'm so out of touch. . .

 
At December 19, 2008 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Lindsee said...

Amen and Amen!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!!!!!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 11:47 AM , Blogger AbbyLane said...

yes, thank you.
He WILL BE my provider. i am never without, simply because i have HIM. and He is my EVERYTHING.

love you

 
At December 19, 2008 at 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

May I just share my heart with you all? Last night I was answering some questions in a journal just for fun. The answer to this question led to all sorts of thoughts. I encourage you to read Luke 1 & 2. The question, what is your favorite Christmas song & why? My answer, Mary, Did you Know? I thought of a young girl being pregnant and unmarried, having never been with a man. Did she wonder how, if this was really possible? After all she was human. Surely she could see her belly grow larger and larger as the child grew inside of her. How did he really get there? Yes she had the experience with the Holy Ghost coming upon her but wouldn’t she still stand in awe? When the time came to deliver this child she must have been amazed at his conception and his birth. I can imagine she held her infant in her arms just like any other mother. She must have counted every finger and every toe. She had to look at him through her tears and think about what a miracle he was. All mothers do those things. This child was the Son of Almighty God, no man had fathered him or participated in his conception, He was spiritually placed in her womb in a supernatural way. While every child is special to his mother did she consider him an exception? Probably in the beginning but as he begin to grow as all children do was he a typical infant, toddler, child or teenager? What happened as years passed and she married Joseph and they had more children together? Was Jesus special or above his siblings or was he just one of the group of Mary and Joseph’s kids? I have never read about sibling rivalry in that family such as the case with Jacob’s son because he favored Joseph. What did Mary think when she looked at her son? What do you think when you look at yours? Are the thoughts similar among women, among mothers? It seems she thought of him just as her other sons in the story where they find him in temple at age 12. I don’t get the impression that she expected he was about his father’s business. It sounds to me that she considered him a typical 12 year old boy who had wondered off from the group and scared her. Did she truly realize how exceptional he was? Could her human mind even comprehend? Obviously when he became a man and performed miracles in the land Mary knew he was different. Surely those events brought back to her remembrance his immaculate conception, her visit from Gabriel the angel and the moment the Holy Ghost came upon her. Surely she thought of prophesy spoken being fulfilled as she watched her son Jesus first hand. She must have known the will of God. Just put yourself in her place, think about it, they arrested her innocent child. They proceeded to beat him, to torture him then to crucify him. What mother wouldn’t stand up and fight screaming to the top of her lungs, “take me, beat me, torture me, crucify me but let my baby go!” I can’t even imagine being in Mary’s position. How precious infants are, how we sit all night and just look at them sleeping. The way we reach out in the first several weeks to touch them and make sure they are breathing. We can’t wait in the beginning for them to utter the slightest sound so we can pick them up and hold them in our arms. Sometimes we just hold them for no reason, staring at the wonder of it all. Her wonder must have been magnified a million times that of the average mother. Oh, Mary, did you know what you were holding, the impact of the Son you raised until you watched Him die and saw Him raise again? Did you see the possibility of forgiveness and redemption in his young face? During this Christmas season may we focus on that precious Christ child and the miracle he gave to everyone of us? Because of him, his birth, his life, his resurrection we can be free from sin, understood in trial and adversity and over comers by the Blood of the Holy Lamb that was slain. Never forget all Jesus endured and celebrate His life and the life He gave to all.
Merry Christmas!

Christ’s birth is what we are celebrating
His story is by far the most fascinating
Righteous living was the example He left
Inspiring Christians to do their very best
Sacrificing His life that we could live
Taking upon Himself our every sin
Meeting us whenever we feel ready to give up
And filling us to overflowing with His precious love
Seasons will come and go, but His story is forever told.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 12:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Doctors say no treatment or cure but I know someone bigger than the doctors! God please Help me to believe you for a miracle!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been struggling for many years with my marriage relationship. I wonder if this will be my constant thorn in the flesh. But I am relying on God to give me the strength to be faithful in this covenant to Him and believe that He can make all things new. I was so down today and letting Satan take my mind to things that would be destructive and then. . . I read Luke 1:45. God is always faithful when I continue to seek Him.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Beth Herring said...

Oh, what power in those few words. I needed that today,

Believing Him,

Beth

 
At December 19, 2008 at 1:10 PM , Blogger ocean mommy said...

Amen!!! Let me tell you...this morning I wrote in my Bible study workbook..."God unveil my eyes today...I want to see you.." Who knew He would show up at Kohls! I'm telling you..this man walked up to us and gave me a gift card..there was about $20 left on it and he had no need for it...he just felt "led" to give it to me. Hmmmmm, sounds like GOd to me. :)

I believed Him before, I believe Him now.. and better yet, my girls believe Him. They are still talking about how God gave us $20 at Kohls. So cool....

Merry Christmas!
stephanie

 
At December 19, 2008 at 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we pray for my friend - he and his wife just lost their baby a few hours ago.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Momma 2...5 said...

Thanks for the word! I WILL still believe him for that thing I been asking!!!!!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 1:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today was the first day of this "season" that I did not sit and ponder the Word of the Lord first thing in the morning. Instead I rushed around waiting on my family home from college, off from work, etc. Then rushed off to do some vip errands...all cheery, blessed by God, important errands, but something must have been missing because I came home checked email, glanced at the Siestas' blog and well, I think this was an appropriate, simple, short & sweet word for all of us, but especially me. I needed to slow down and make sure I kept HIM central to my heart and believe Him when He ever so gently tells me in my spirit "I created time. If you come and sit with Me, I'll manage this time I created just fine for you. You are My beloved, Sandy. Believe ME."

Believe Him, Indeed! Thank You for this blog.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 1:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

During your simulcast in August, you came off the screen and reminded me that the prophecy spoken over me long ago is still valid, that I need to "the thing--that the time is now." Again, with this scripture, you have jumped out of the computer to remind me to keep going. I am writing a book about the emotional and spiritual cost of bankruptcy, especially within our Christian communities. The writing is absolutely laborious but I know that it is "the thing." Satan is doing everything possible to distract me with circumstance. This scripture was my daily love note from God telling me that I am on the right track. Thank you for your obedience!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At December 19, 2008 at 2:19 PM , Blogger sm said...

I am claiming God's promise
of my son in law's salvation
and that my precious granddaughter,
Savannah will know Jesus.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 2:35 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Thank you for being faithful. I needed that spoken over me today.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 3:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, I so need that word right now. I choose to Believe Him!!!

Patti

 
At December 19, 2008 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! It's just amazing how are awesome GOD works. I'm going through some things right now with my husband in Iraq. He's very upset and disappointed with me. He won't call or talk to me at all. I've been praying and praying and just came onto the website because I always do. And look a scripture that is so right. Thanks so much Beth. Ya'll are awesome. I love ya'll more than you'll ever know. Merry Christmas, Mary Anne

 
At December 19, 2008 at 3:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These words are awesome. Going through some extreme difficulties in this season of life; and just finished Believing God for the second time in four years and I'm Believing God!

Thanks Beth for all your labor and love.

Wishing everyone a very "MARY Christmas!"

 
At December 19, 2008 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Michelle Bentham Blogspot said...

SIMPLY: A Great and Timely Word for all us Siestas. Thank you Sweet Beth. You always usher in His presence by bringing us His Word.

Believing Him in Fort Worth!

GLORY FALL!

Blessings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home