Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bad Day?

Me, five minutes ago on the phone: "Amanda, I am having the worst hair day of my life."

Her: "Worse than day before yesterday??"

Me: "Amanda, that was hair I woke up with. This is hair I have fixed!"

Her: "Oh, Mom."

Me: "AND, I am having a bad face day."

Pause for reflection.

Her: "A bad hair day and a bad face day all on the same day."

Silence with groanings that cannot be uttered.

Her: "Well, Mom. At least you can know that tomorrow it's gonna be better."

Bad day, Dear Siesta? Well, at least you can know tomorrow's gonna be better.


"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and His glory appears over." Isaiah 60:1,2.


It's gonna get better. And I'm talking about more than your hair. The Son's just about to rise upon you.

Labels: ,

272 Comments:

At March 6, 2008 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Beth,

For the life of me, I can't believe that you would ever have a bad hair or bad face day! I know that I have those days when I can't figure out why I even got out of bed in the first place. But I just keep believing that tomorrow has just got to be better...and it usually is. God is so Good! Bad days really make you appreciate the good ones.

Thank you so much for letting us know about Travis the other evening and giving us a chance to hold him up in Prayer for healing.

Have a Blessed rest of the week!

Cindy in Weaverville :o)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you. I needed to hear to hear that today.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:38 PM , Blogger Claire Nance said...

And then there's menopause.... LOL

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having been in bed with the flu for the past few days, you can only imagine the extend of the bad hair and face day I've been having! :)

But in all seriousness, nothing makes me feel so down as being stuck in bed feeling bad.

Thanks for the encouragement and the good Word!

Blessings,
Dori

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:41 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

been there - had that picture taken. So glad every day will look GOOD in eternity! Hang in the siesta!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:42 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

Oh Beth,

I so needed to read that post this am after finding out my little 8 yr. old didn't make the soccer team he tried out for! Thank you for the encouragement and reinforcement of what God was already laying on my heart.

Wendy
PS-I'm now having a bad face day due to tears, but tomorrow will be better!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:50 PM , Blogger One Time With Aimee said...

In honor of the passing of Beths good hair day: in sorrowful times like these we remember the times our hair looked good: Vancouver, the famed wedding. We want to say Dear Lord why hast thou forsaken my hair thusly? And He replies, My daughter this too shall pass...

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Dedra said...

HOPE SO! HERE IN NORTH TEXAS A GREAT BIG ICE/SNOW STORM! YESTERDAY WAS 68. I AM NOW A DESIGNER-DELIVERY PERSON AT A FLORIST. GUESS WHAT I HAD TO DO... YOU GUESSED IT, DELIVER SPRING BOQUETS TO PEOPLE IN THE SLEET & RAIN!... BETH, I DO NOT WANT TO HERE ABOUT BAD HAIR!!!! MY HAIR LOOKS LIKE IT IS CEMENTED TO MY SCALP AFTER ALL THE SPRAY I USED THIS MORN. I LOVE YOU SIESTAS...
DEDRA @ DFW

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Stephani said...

Thanks, Beth! I needed that. Just came back from the Dr's and they told me my almost-three-year-old needs ear tubes-- AGAIN! Poor baby.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:52 PM , Blogger holly said...

I woke up to 9 inches of fresh snow! I told y'all we moved at the end of last year from Georgia to northern New Mexico...aka ANTARCTICA!!! We have been freezing and snowed in all winter! I never thought I would let my kids see this much TV, but at 19 months and 3 years, its the only way to occupy their little minds and keep them from bouncing off the walls! We are actually out here at LifeWay's Glorieta Conference Center, so I am so looking forward to the summer when people are here! It is apparently going to be hopping out here all summer, so if any of you siestas are headed out to Glorieta for a conference of any kind, please let me know! I'll make you the only sweet tea you'll find around here!
If you are wanting to see snow pictures, you can check out our blogspot at:
www.thefamilymorris.blogspot.com
Happy Spring to the rest of you!
Love,
Holly

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't imagine how timely this is. Yesterday a godly husband and father of 3 (here in Jacksonville, FL) passed away from pancreatic cancer. Many siestas in this area have been believing God for his healing for the last several months. We also have been praying that his sweet wife Suzanne would be able to attend the LPM Jacksonville event. She'll be there now, because her husband was healed in heaven. The odd thing is that several of us have children who are ill with a stomach bug so the discouragement is especially strong right now. This posting will be such a blessing to so many.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the end of this month. God bless you.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:55 PM , Blogger fuzzytop said...

Hi Beth!

What on earth is a "bad face" day? Sounds like you had a bad run-in with a disobedient mascara wand!!!!

Oh - I HAVE to tell you a funny story! My 11-year old daughter's lips are horribly chapped, so I bought her a little pot of lip balm. She opened it up, but instead of using her finger to wipe some balm on her lips, she just pooched out her lip and stuck the pot right on her lip and rubbed it across. It was hilarious, and she ended up with lip balm from ear to ear! Talk about a bad face day! *Grin*

Anyway, hope tomorrow is better for you.

Hugs,
Adrienne

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for that verse! I really needed it. It's midterm time, and I am stressed to the limits. Our God is so good and He gives me the strength to see it through! It is good that He gave me this and it will be good when He takes it away!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 1:59 PM , Blogger ncmama said...

Amen, dear Beth, Amen! You've taught me so well that joy cometh in the morning. Praise God that His mercies are new every morning. A better Day is coming indeed!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Beth. Yes joy comes in the morning.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,

Oh my gosh, I am laughing and crying, you guys are so funny yet so true. I cannot IMAGINE either of you with a bad hair day, but I sure know what they feel like!! Sometimes I have bad clothes days, too, nothing feels comfortable or fits just right............ I love that verse and am going to write it in my little notebook to keep close to remind myself. Have a most blessed day my dear siestas!!
Love, karen :) :)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's one thing to have a bad hair day.....you feel like people think "she didn't even try"
.....and then it's another to put on a lipstick that you can't get off and feel like it's a bad face day.....you feel like people thing "why would she buy that color?" Combine the two? I'd be back in bed til the next morning. I have been in your shoes when the kids distract me and then the gel drys and my hair is all in a funk and my colors don't look right because I can't see because I've changed lighting from one room to the next and my eyes can't seem to adjust back to the bathroom lighting......Praise Him that things are new every morning!

Though outwardly we are wasting away (or perhaps may look like we are) inwardly we are being renewed each day.......AMEN!

Just as a side note, I am currently on week #4 in the Psalms of Ascent......all I can say is I Praise Him for gifting you with the ability to teach me.

Blessings for a better hair and face day for tomorrow

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Ginnie said...

Praise God that His mercies are new every morning!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth- you are more beautiful on a bad hair day than I am on my best.

Your beauty isn't defined by what you see in the mirror. It is what you reflect to all of us and the world, your compassion for the lost and your absolute deep passionate love you have for Keith and the girls and their men and Jackson.

God has truly rewarded you with beauty for ashes.

Love you!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Isn't that a wonderful promise that we can look forward to! Beth you always look so nice. Talk about a bad hair day! I have them 24-7! Mine is very fine, super straight & not a lot of it...! I spend more on hair products just to get a lift that lasts 10 min. on a good day! I'm a product of the 70 and 80's era and must have that little lift!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! I accept that word! Blessings to you!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, YES! The Lord will rise upon you!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear beth - I'm just praying for you to be glowing like Moses so that no one even notices your bad hair or face.

Thanks for the encouragement - today is a dreary day here in central Texas.

Karen
Dripping Springs, TX

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:14 PM , Blogger Mom of Eleven said...

I am having a bad day. Only because I haven't even showered yet. But I did manage to run two miles, get all Easter clothes "picked up" from various places around town, get a few groceries, and even throw a few things in the dryer. I just hate that my bathing has to suffer.

My kids love to sing the song "Bad Day". I am not sure who it is by, since it is "secular" (as my mom used to say when we didn't listen to christian music). The beat of the song usually picks up our bad days and makes us feel better.

I am off to shower!!(which means by this point in the day my hair will go in a ponytail, so it can't be a bad hair day)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the LORD!
Thanks I needed to hear that!!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Amy said...

Thank you for this blog. It was divinely directed for me today!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I receive this needed encouragement (heart lifter) "it's gonna be better . . ." ----- thanks Beth.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just what I need to hear!! Thank You!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:18 PM , Blogger TeriAnnElizabeth said...

You darling thing! I just love, love, LOVE that you are REAL!!

Do you know how hard it is to see a mentor/teacher have it all together all the time?? It's like, "what's the use?"

But, you, you are a real life "one of us" that loves Jesus and teaches out of the overflow!

I will pray for your face and hair. To HIM you are always so beautiful (and all of us out here in Siestaville..especially me).

Beth, I know we can't all feel one another's pain. I do know how bad it is to have a bad color job and/or haircut..but can I just tell you, Siesta???

If I could look like you on your worst day..that would be my best day...seriously. Girlfriend, you might need a "whupping". You are absolutely gorgeous and you look like you are in your 30's!!

Ok, I have to get back to work..but I'm praying for your hair and face and that GOD will let you know just how beautiful you really are..inside and out!

Love, Blessings, and Prayers,
Teri

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I take a better onetomorrow too! Love you! Tiffany

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

oh sweet siesta Beth,
I am having a bad hair day and much to my dismay my students said...did you not sleep well last night. I am thinking I did...do I look bad or something...hehehe These days pass so lets have starbucks for you and tea for me and praise the LOrd. His mercies are new everyday even on bad hair days.

love you

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:21 PM , Blogger God's girl said...

Tomorrow will always be a better day when the one your in is bad. So sorry-Lifting a prayer for you. I am sure it is not as bad as you think it is. Your hair always rocks!
Much love,
Angela

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious and insightful all at the same time. I love it!

I also just wanted to say that I am working through the Daniel Study right now on my own unfortunately. But it is amazing none-the-less!

Thanks for writing/sharing it with us. It is coming at the perfect time for me. Isn't it wonderful how God speaks to us exactly when we need it!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Leanne said...

Thank-you for a word fitly spoken...Amen and Amen!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, I thought about you the other night on my way home. It was dark. I was pulling into my neighborhood. What did I see in front of me? None other than an opossum walking across the road. I started screaming. My kids though I was absolutely nuts. When I finally calmed down, I remembered that you don't particularly care for them yourself. I then chuckled on both of our behalfs.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Cheryl Barker said...

Just another thing to look forward to in heaven -- surely every day will be a good hair day :) I can't wait :)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weeping at the computer. Was begging God for a word. Didn't want to "skip and dip" in my Bible looking for a comfort. Opened up the blog and lo and behold, HE SPEAKS. Thank you for taking the time to lift us at each prompting of your heart. This Siesta is thankful and now hopeful. Glory to God.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:42 PM , Blogger angela said...

I was crying as clicked on your blog today. You will never know how much I needed to hear that.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am lying here on the couch with both ears infected and a sinus infection. I DID however make it to the Bible Study I lead this morning, this week it was JOY COMETH...I love it! Two messages from you in one day...

I am thankful this is a temporary situation, while so many others face terrible health situations daily.

But thank you for this!
And YES Arise, SHINE! Amen!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Michelle V said...

How do you always know? Yes, I am having a very bad day! Thank you for those words of encouragement!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry, I usually try not to be long winded because you have many comments to read...BUT today in Bible study you also told the story about how one of your girls thought they looked like a turtle...my exact thoughts at the time were...
"All of those women are strikingly gorgeous, not a turtle in the bunch!"

You are so beautiful Beth, as are your daughters.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
Just finished "Stepping Up" on Tuesday night. Going to miss seeing you and hearing Travis sing every week. So glad to have this website with all its resources to stay connected. Thanks for all you do! Hope your day gets better. We all need encourage some time. Thanks for reminding us that God and Jesus are always there for us to lean upon. It is such a blessing your daughters and you have such a strong relationship that you have each other to lean upon when "bad days" come.
Take Care!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Beth and Siestas,
I am responding to this post because a "Bad Day" is where we have been living for some months now. With all of my heart I want nothing more than the LORD JESUS to be honored and glorified in my heart and my home. In recent months the enemy has ravaged our marriage and still today continues to do this. My heart is breaking a little more every day and I am at the point of not knowing what to do or even if there is anything to do.
I have been praying and praying and praying and I am willing to be ground to fine powder, if that's what it will take for GOD to be glorified in this mess; but it sure feels like NOTHING is getting better only worse and worse every day.
Beth, when I read your post about 29 years I was so encouraged. Friday is my 16th wedding anniversary...probably won't be much celebrating going on, but with GOD as my witness I so want HIM to heal the hurts and brokenness in our lives.

I am begging you to please pray with me and for us. Please pray for my 3 precious children as this is beginning to have an effect on their little lives. Please pray that GOD will do a mighty work in our home.

I love you, because of JESUS!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad hair day.. I created that event. I have my fathers hair, absolutely lifeless and lays flat on my head. I do the perm thing every three months and that alternates with hair cuts and hair coloring because my beautiful red hair decided to turn this mousy flat brown color. I change hair color as much as I change boyfriends. I get tired of both and get a new one LOL !!! We won't even talk about the face. I look like my father and not my beautiful mother. God did not grace me at all from the neck up !!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! Yesterday I got my hair cut during my lunch break and it's the worst hair cut I've ever had! I was so embarassed to go back to work looking the way I did and today is not much better. But, it's already starting to grow out so I'm thanking God that everyday it'll get better :)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Andreea said...

Ms. Beth,
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for posting that scripture. Even though I was not having a bad day, I really needed to see/read it.

Here is my favorite version of it...or well part of it anyway:

"ARISE [from the depression and prostration in which circumstances have kept you--rise to a new life]! Shine (be radiant with the glory of the Lord), for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you"

And I am sure your hair looks fantastic. Your hair always looks so great!! At one point in time I even thought about taking "Get Out Of That Pit" with me to my hairdresser's so I can show her your picture and she can see how to do my hilites. ;)

I ended up lending the book to a friend instead. When she finished she told me how wonderful it was for her. I asked if she wanted to keep it b/c by that time I'd already gotten the book on CD, and she said "No, you keep it so that you can have it to lend to someone else who needs it, just like I did." =)

♥ you and the Siestas!
~Andreea

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank goodness that God looks at the heart and not the hair.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Thanks for this post. It came at just the right time.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:01 PM , Blogger elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Yesterday was bad and wonderfully good all in the same breath. Today is better. I knew it would be. It always comes down to things I can and cannot control. Ultimately, the answer lies with God. Resting in that truth is one of the hardest lessons of faith I am learning.

And hair? I haven't worried about mine for years. I'm just glad I still have some after four kids.

peace for the journey~elaine

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Oh Beth,

I haven't done my hair or my face in seven days--I've been sick in bed for a full week and looking every bit of it! So trust me, you look good.

But, yes, the light is coming. I got out of bed this morning and think I may be on the mend...

Joanne

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wear a hat...and I don't look good in hats!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:05 PM , Blogger Jen Lloyd said...

Hi, Beth! My name is Jennifer Goodwin, and I am doing one of your Bible studies right now, Stepping Up, and God is REALLY teaching me lots and lots of priceless treasures! I recently (as in 2 weeks ago) became one of your Siestas. I look forward to putting names and face together one day in Heaven! Thank you for allowing God to use you so much. You're truly a blessing. And by the way, you could never have bad hair. Or face, for that matter. We are all precious in our Father's sight, Dear Siesta! Much love from my house to yours!

Jennifer Goodwin
all4boys.blogpsot.com

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I needed to hear those encouraging words today. I looked in the mirror this morning and saw MORE gray hair....and that is AFTER I spent 100 bucks getting it colored three weeks ago!

Can't wait to be presented without spot or wrinkle to my Bridegroom. Amen, come Lord Jesus!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Patty said...

I receive this Word in Jesus name!! I have chills all over and this isn't the kind of chills I have had w/ the crud. :o)

Beth, I have been praying and seeking God with my face to the ground about something , actually God is giving me a little with each day about a new direction in ministry and we have gone through a journey together on that one! He has given me this verse many times. I have been praying for a breakthrough and direction in another area of my life and I need His answer! Thank you so much for posting this.
Okay, about the hair. Would it make you feel better to know that my hair probably looks worse than your hair?!! Serious, girlfriend!!
May God give you hair grace tomorrow! heehee! To me you always look cute!!
Love,
Patty

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Fizz Fam said...

That's the first time I've ever heard anyone but myself say "bad face day". Love it! Sorry, that insensitive? Cheer up, it's probably just temporary "Body Dysmorphic Syndrome". That doesn't make it better does it?

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I needed that something happned to where a person is trying to put blocks up to stop me from doing God's work & growing.Then I lost my 11 year old dog Tues 8 months to the day i lost the 10 yarold dog. But The lord told something I need to get started that i had been putting own the back buner.So yep I just had a great walk with my 8 month old lab.she did so good , oh all so the Lord wants me to try & see if Zoey can be a dog to go to hospitals & homes .& some people said I should do that before I told them about it.God is good he makes a very broken day into something outstanding .Thanks. oh I have many hair days with my hair :) God bless love sister in Christ Victoria NC

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:09 PM , Blogger Patty said...

To the person who is having marital problems. I want you to know I will be praying for your marriage. He is our Restorer and ALL things are possible with God. He hears the cries of His children and He is Our Deliverer. Believing for a miracle for you!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God works so wonderfully to meet our needs. Just now have returned to my desk from a flat tire -- the 2nd this week after replacing the starter and alternator in my car in the past 3 weeks. I'm having a bad 2008 and then I pop here before anywhere else. And I get exactly what I need.

Thanks for being you, Beth!!! You are a blessing!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Michelle Bentham Blogspot said...

Beth... I got all dressed up for small group Bible study and a meeting at church thinking I would be home before the snow and ice and wet yuck weather hit the DFW area... but oh my goodness! It hit while we were in the meeting and there is a good inch or so of snow on the ground outside. Caught driving in the snow twice in one WEEK! In Texas, in March for heaven's sake!

God surely has a sense of humor and we are so blessed by the beauty of it all. Secretly I pray for snow every year - I just always hate to be caught out in it! It is gorgeous - when I get my cell phone to work - the batteries are dead on my camera (imagine that) - and my cell phone says memory full even though I deleted five pics already! I will get those pics posted of the pretty white stuff! And BRRR! It's cold out, if you didn't have a bad hair and face day you would for sure here in North Texas when one of those big wet sloppy snowflakes hits you in the eye and your nicely styled and sprayed DO! Feels a bit like brittle wire right now! Fun! Love ya, and thanks for sharing. It is anything but Sunny here, but the Son is shining in my heart!

Praise the Lord.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, did I need to hear and see God's Word!!! Things of my own doing have been closing in on me, but God gave me promises, He will hide me in His wing. He is soooo good to me.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Siesta friend!!! I have never felt more stupid on my job than in the past 2 days...and I have been doing it for 8 years! Maybe I didn't know how stupid I was in the beginning...but this is pathetic!!! I'm SOOO glad I am in good company! Ü

(((((HUGS))))))
Heather in CA

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys crack me up. Now are we having a Babylon moment?????

I know exactly what you mean. It's like its a Monday, but it's actually a Thursday.

Only one more day and its the weekend!!!!PTL!!!
Have a great one!
Amanda in SC

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Phil and Lori said...

Beth,

I needed that. I spent a lot of time with the Lord today concerning struggling with anxiety and fear. I want it to be better tomorrow! I'm counting on it. If anyone is reading this, please say a prayer for me. Thanks.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

A) Hard to believe. (but I'll take your word for it)

B) GAL-(giggle a little. Which I learned from you at your conference in Detroit last Feb. on Jackson's birthday) Sometimes it's not a all out LOL, right?

C) Thanks.

D) I pray you and Amanda have a great hair AND face days tomorrow! :)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Thanks for this one, I am having a bad hair day, an all right face day..the hair is about to get worse as I head out into the storm which is over Richmond, TX and I can only imagine what my hair will look like by the time I make it into the rodeo!

Have a blessed weekend. May the Lord bless you in a very special way.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:45 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Beth
You are so funny. I can not belive you would have a bad face or hair day. You are a beautiful woman. Hang in there.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reminder that just because today is so hard, it doesn't mean that its always going to be this way. I really needed that reminder today!!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:52 PM , Blogger Sheryl said...

"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and His glory appears over." Isaiah 60:1,2.


It's gonna get better. And I'm talking about more than your hair. The Son's just about to rise upon you.

You have NO idea how I need those words today. Living with an illness that they say will forever alter my lifer, trying to figure out my "new normal" and now separated from my husband. Trying to just TRUST GOD. And believe what the verse says that you quoted that the glory of the Lord will rise upon me. God always uses you in my life. Thank you!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't God gracious that he had someone invent a point tail holder or a clip to twist it up in. As far as a bad face day... I have those days alot... but Rise and shine and give God the glory glory because we are all His Children and he does NOT care what we look like.

Beside as beautiful as you are I can't imagine this....

hugs...
Lichelle

 
At March 6, 2008 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! That siesta Joni is funny. Did you read her comment? :)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I So needed this message today! What a horrible day I am having! I feel like a total banshee!

six months pregnant
sick with the flu
running a daycare full of 2yr olds
my own two boys driving me crazy
my husband driving me crazy
desperately in need of time with God

Thanks for the encouragement!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:00 PM , Blogger Jessica and Steve Otto said...

Oh, Beth, I feel your pain! As I climbed out of bed this morning after being up with a sick kiddo last night, my oldest son hugged me and said, "Mom, you look so beautiful today!" Mind you, I had bed-head, morning breath, and my hormones have not been kind to my face lately! What a great reminder to me to love like a child, unconditionally. (I hope Jesus thought the same thing when He saw me this morning!!)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:01 PM , Blogger selah said...

Oh, yes, I've had those days. My question is, how do I know if I am too focused on the outward appearance vs. the heart? And if I am, how do I stop? I get stressed sometimes over how I look and then of course feel guilty because I am so concerned over it. Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid you will never be able to understand the depths of bad hair days unless your hair is naturally, insanely curly. When I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror I let out an audible gasp. Horrifying! And I didn't have time to shower before I woke the kids up to do school (we homeschool). I usually get on them for making fun of my hair, but today I knew it was so bad they'd have to say something. It would have been against the laws of nature to let this particular hairdo go unnoticed. The worst part? I'm growing my hair out (can you hear the screaming?) and it's just not quite long enough for a ponytail.

Now I'm going to shower and attempt - notice I said attempt - one more time to control it. It just has to be better than yesterday (the prelude to the scariness this morning). It's just gotta be better . . . . .

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:04 PM , Blogger E said...

You do not even know how much I needed to hear that today - Life has been throwing me some curve balls lately and today put it over the top! And then I come home from work to read your words of encouragement! Thanks :)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

GLORY!!!!! Please let the Son show through me!

I am having a bad hair and face week...but I keep remembering that you have told us that Jesus thinks we are beautiful always!

Love you Beth and Amanda!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Bless your punkin' head today! Well, and your face too! I agree with most of the other posts; and don't generally think you and yours ever have a "bad anything" day. But I do know after all, you are a girl, just like the rest of us, and the ways of this world do indeed tell us ugly things, straight from the mirror, it seems.

So, here's some truth, girlfriend - You are an absolutely beaufitul blessing to each and everyone of us, from the tip of your perfectly hi-lighted (though wayward today) locks, to the bottoms of your fabulously annointed (& appointed, I might add) toes.

Love you bunches! Michele

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Beth,

You are a beautiful gal inside and out. Bad hair day or not. Can I just tell you something funny. My 11 yr old daughter just called me.

Her: Hey mom guess what Beth Moore retired.

ME: WHAT!?!?!?!? Beth Moore did not retire.

Her: No mom Brett Favre. It's in the paper. Giggle Giggle

Me: WHEW!!! I was worried for a second. I obviously need to have my hearing checked and I am only 37!!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Gran Jan said...

Beth: Today was my bad day. At work a customer was so mean to me over the phone! She said she did not want me to "serve her any longer" and would I please transfer her? Oh yes, she did!!!

So I did, but I really wanted to tell her she could not be mean to me because after all, did she know that she was speaking to the recently crowned "Employee of the Year?"

I really am! I did not want to retaliate to her and lose my coveted employee-of-the-year plaque!!

But most of all, I did not want to lose my testimony that cost my precious Lord Jesus His life!

Glory to God - I asked Him to "set a guard over my mouth and a watch over the door to my lips."
Psalm 141:3

Can I get a shout out in siestavile?

Georgia Jan

And you have NEVER had a bad hair and/or face day - we've not seen it!!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Kara Akins said...

I hope this makes you feel better: Yesterday, horrible hair day. I was beginning to wonder if my thyroid wasn't blowing up the size of Texas. I had strangers feeling the texture of my hair and questioning people who've known me for years if my hair looked thinner. "Lack luster" it was.

Today, great hair.....
Thank you Jesus. I was even thinkin the husband may have to take me out on a date tonight. Looking good I tell you.... Don't want to waste a good hair day. May even have to go by Starbucks...

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:26 PM , Blogger ocean mommy said...

:)

Yep. One of those days around here. Leaves me scratchin' my head saying, and I homeschool because??????

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Kristib said...

Thank you for the message of encouragement today!

It seems like the Lord always knows when I need a Word from Him and He graciously supplies it one way or another. Today it was from you!

Praise the Lord for how you let Him use you so mightily!

Praise the Lord for the healing that has happened in Travis's life! It was a privilege to pray.
Thank you for asking us.

Love ya!
Kristi B.

P.S. My hair is flat today and I have a major break out on my face.
But tomorrow I will use hair gel and cover up. Tomorrow is another day!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Kristib said...

Thank you for the message of encouragement today!

It seems like the Lord always knows when I need a Word from Him and He graciously supplies it one way or another. Today it was from you!

Praise the Lord for how you let Him use you so mightily!

Praise the Lord for the healing that has happened in Travis's life! It was a privilege to pray.
Thank you for asking us.

Love ya!
Kristi B.

P.S. My hair is flat today and I have a major break out on my face.
But tomorrow I will use hair gel and cover up. Tomorrow is another day!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Mr. and Mrs. D said...

Hilarious! I just got my hair cut this past Saturday in a new style that I picked out of one of those hair magazines. When I got home to really "fix" it myself, it dawned on me that I have a Beth Moore hair! I quickly relayed my new insight to my husband, who really wasn't sure how to respond! So finally he just said, "Well, is that a good thing?" And I said, "Well of course it is!" Like, duh!

HEHE. I am glad that God made women. We are so funny!

His,
Jen

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Linda Thomas said...

Wow... and I just got off the phone with my sister and was telling her what a bad day it was!! Our whole family (including FIVE kids) is without medical coverage due to the incompetence of ONE PERSON! It will be taken care of, but UGH!!! Thanks for the post. God's timing is always so ON TIME.

Love,
Linda

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Valarie said...

Girlfriend, if I didn't know better I'd think you might be workin' part time at the Dionne Warwick psychic friends network! Am I allowed to say that on here? You'll have to decide Amanda!! teeheee!!!

I needed to hear that more than you know!! Thank you for your obedience in sharing His good news to us!!

Love in Christ -
Val
NC

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:34 PM , Blogger Purplelicious Janice said...

:)

I'm sure you're still beautiful anyway.

I'm going to be having a bad day since I have to study for my test I have tomorrow. Y'all please pray that I can focus! I get distracted so easily. Oh well, spring break starts shortly after my test- yay!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of "It's Friday, but Sunday's a comin!" If you haven't seen this video check it out at http://www.sermonspice.com/search?topic=2&q=sunday%27s+comin
With Easter around the corner, it will bless your socks off!!!

Joyfully,
Kristi

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:49 PM , Blogger Deidre said...

The last comment made my spirit perk up....'The Son is about to rise upon you'. I'm in the middle of 'Stepping Up' and just finished Psalm 130. Wow! "My soul waits for the Lord, More than those who watch for the morning..." - I have been like that watchman this week....waiting on the Son each morning. NO, each minute. Oh, how I need Him each and every minute!!

That study has been (is) such a blessing to me. Thank you for your obedience so we have such a wonderful tool to study by. If you hadn't, I wouldn't have been looking to the hills in anticipation!!!

I am crazy about YOU, Beth, but thank you for being crazy about us!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'll "amen" that.

Warm in Alaska (but headed towards Mexico in a few hours to really warm up!!)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,
Don't you think God just HAD to make Esther beautiful for that one time when he needed her beauty for an egotistical self-centered king who only listened to those women who were beautiful. God can use our ugliness too. Rest in his uncoditional love for you and feel free to go into this world ugly.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Yolanda said...

Beth,

I love that "his daughter" thought you might just need a "whupping"!

I'm thinking that wooden spoon that Amanda was getting the hint over just last week might bring a smile to my precious Bible Teacher!

Seriously, we love you!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:55 PM , Blogger connorcolesmom said...

Ok God had you post that just for me - I know everyone says that - hehe
but really my boys are driving me CRAZY!! If they do not stop hitting one another I am going to scream
My oldest said - "mom God just made us more aggressive"

ok, I get it but still with the youngest 4 yrs younger it means he gets hurt a lot more than my oldest! And he can SCREAM!

So here I am frustrated and I read your post!

You are right - it gets better and really it is only 10 more years and my oldest will be off to college and then the house will be quiet!!
SIGH!!!
Kim

 
At March 6, 2008 at 4:56 PM , Blogger Karen said...

I absolutely agree! Yesterday was dark but today the sun was shining! I thank God that there is the promise of a new day!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Oh, how this ministers to me! I'm in an airport, listening to Travis sing Forevermore, trying to hide the tears forming after a bad day/hard week. Although I'm still having a bad day (can't lie), I feel comforted by your fellowship. I got me some U2ME2. Thanks for the verse too; I think I might just have to memorize it...fast.

xo Chris

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankyou soo much for the post-love the scripture reference.
2 Cor. 12:9-10
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness"...For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Revelation 21:4
"And God will wipe every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away"

Oh Come Lord, Jesus, come.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise Him for a perfect hair and face day....Romans 4:17 ...and calleth those things which are not as though they were.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's gonna get better. And I'm talking about more than your hair. The Son's just about to rise upon you."

Only Jesus knows how badly I needed to hear that.

Thank you. I would be grateful for a prayer that I would walk in faith and not fear, that I will believe that God has good waiting for me and not evil, and that I can boldly summon the courage to do what He told me and put my foot in the Jordan.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Amy T. said...

I understand about having bad hair days especially since I am growing mine out and it is in the awful in between stage. This is always the stage that I cut it. But I am turning 40 this June and I am determined to have long, fun hair for that big occasion!

And yes I am so thankful that everyday is new because of Jesus and God's mercies are new for us every single morning.

Beth - I know you'll have a wonderful hair day tomorrow!

Blessings from Amy in Massachusetts

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Dionna said...

You know, people often laugh at me or tease me about the time it takes me to curl my hair. (I love my curls - should've been born with 'em!) It's SO nice to know someone else who wants good hair too! :) Good hair just makes the world a better place, don't you think? I can face almost anything if I feel like I look good. When I don't - when I have a bad hair day? I just want to stay home.

Here's to a better hair and face day for you tomorrow, Beth!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:23 PM , Blogger cheryl said...

God is soooo good! I ran to my computer hoping there would been some word of encouragment and here it is! My day has actually been over all pretty good. Infact as I was trying on clothes at Target' I was thinkin "Im having a good hair day today!" then my husband called to remind me of the really bad day Im expecting on Sunday and BOOM! there it went. But Satans not gonna get me Ive given it to Jesus and Im not going to take it back. thank you.......again

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Beth, for that honest post! I needed to hear that encouragement as it's been a hard week of family heartaches. Thank you for your ministry and praise the Lord for Travis' healing. God is good and He is ENOUGH! Thanks for your ministry! Blessings on your weekend! Love from not-yet snowy Dallas! :)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:31 PM , Blogger hisfivefooter said...

Oh friend- Bad Hair, bad face... Is it possible? I got a fresh word this morning. Been doing your study, "David: 90 days with a heart like his." Well, we got to the part of the story where David is exhausted ( having a Bad Year ) and he ends up facing the same type he started with: Giants! (four to be exact!) This time, he has friends who come to his rescue and slay all four! So, if you got any giants keeping you from what you need to do, send them to us Siesta's. The "mighty men of Valor" might be taking a more feminine shape, but I believe (and therefore receive) that with a Sword, we can take them! I love you!
Lisa in Kirkland
P.S. Thanks for keeping us posted on Travis, it's great to see prayer in action!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Shellie Paparazzo said...

Ugh! Talk about a bad day. Chloe is home sick again today and I seem to have a touch of it now too. And I have praise team practice tonight. It may not seem like a big deal to you, but last Sunday I faked being sick thinking it would be best for everyone if I didn't show, cause I had a bad practice last week and had practiced and practiced since then and couldn't get this one song quite right. My husband told someone that I actually wasn't sick, so now my praise team leader feels bad about me feeling bad, so I HAVE to make it tonight if for no other reason to make him feel better. My house is a disaster and I've got to find a baby-sitter for Saturday night. We'll be out until after midnight, so we really need someone to stay at our house and put our kids to bed. So, please, please pray!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Chelle' said...

I just had this very talk with a dear siesta today. (Minus the hair metaphor)

It seems everyone right now is "just getting by", waiting for the "other side", "enduring".

Good news- JOY COMMETH IN THE MORNING!!! NEW MERCIES EVERY DAY!!! JESUS IS ALWAYS WITH US!!!

Thanks for the hair metaphor to go with what we were already discussing. Humor helps the situation along now doesn't it? (As well as the visual that you could POSSIBLY have a bad hair/face day- I won't believe it till I see it.)

Lovin' Big in PA!
Chelle'

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Rebecca said...

I love you Beth....I needed this!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

You may have had a bad hair day, but I have had a bad hair & face week. My husband has been gone since this last Saturday on business and I have been alone with my cat, whales, dolphins and seals. I got up this morning and walked out of the bedroom and my cat, Sassy let out the loudest scream (do cats scream?) when he saw me. Mind you, I did have white goo all over my face! It was painful when I realized that my face scared the cat!
It was actually breath taking to know that you are having a bad hair day! sorry!! Atleast Beanie didn't freak out when you came into the kitchen with your hair! :)
I love you and your hairy humor!
I better get the goo off my face put on some make-up and something a little frisky because my husband should be here any moment!
Whooo Hooo!!!
With " Heaven Bound" blessings,
Kim Safina ~ California Coast
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Taylor said...

Miss Beth. I really needed to hear that. I have nothing to complain about outwardly...not a thing anyone might suspect...but the LORD has had me in a spot for sometime--a dark spot--I'm not wallowing in self-pity here (though I'll admit I have!)...Times have been good, school is going well, He has provided at work, I'm serving at my church, I'm blessed with a wonderful family and many friends...but when the Lord took something (particularly someone), it put me into the "spot." The Refiner's fire, as He's been describing it to me. It's been a while now...and it could be a while longer. But your sweet message was a message from my Father..."the Son's about to shine, child. Keep trusting. Keep waiting."

Jesus has become everything to me. Through the past six months, He has brought me to this place: I know He loves me (His obedience to the Father), and I know I love Him (my obedience to Him)--and it's a done deal.

So regardless of what I understand, I obey. And regardless of what comes my way, I know it's from His loving hand.

So, together, I guess we'll keep going because tomorrow's a whole new hairday complete with all new face mercies.

Love, Taylor

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:52 PM , Blogger Sweet's Mom said...

Perhaps I should engrave that verse on my hairbrush? Got my long-over done roots done today, so I suspect you are exactly right about my hair tomorrow!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Beth-I just used these verses in my blog the other day. Don't you just love Isaiah?! Go out there and SHINE!!
In His Graces~Pamela

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:57 PM , Blogger mburkum said...

I get the bad face day...that day your makeup just doesn't want to look good on you. I also like to think that if my face looks good, my hair will look better. I find it's not the other way around though - I can't have good hair and a bad face day. I can though have an okay hair day and a great face day...does any of that make since? :) It does to me.

Things will always be better in the morning...that's when the joy comes, when our Savior is calling! That's a hope to hold onto anytime - bad day or good day!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Waiting for Him to cheerfully shine upon us. Yes ma'am. Yep. Uh huh.

Love you--bad hair day and all!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:06 PM , Blogger sammie said...

How do you find those lovely verses all the time? Way cool!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about bad hair and face day,it is snowing in Arkansas yet again!!! It's cold and nasty. However, I am watching the beautiufl deer out my front window run in the snow.

It wasn't a bad day just a long frustrating dayl, snow!!!

Hope you have a much better day tomorrow. Thanks for sharing even the simplest of things.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Yes it was a bad day. The worlds richest persons list came out and I was just sure I was going to be on it this year....maybe the world's poorest..Ha! And it snowed!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Laughing Momma said...

I am convinced that the same God who loves us enough to know how many hairs we have on our head also cares how they look.

Here's to good hair days, good face days and above all else SKINNY days.

April

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:23 PM , Blogger MelanieJoy said...

Oh, sweet Jesus, please let tomorrow be a better day....

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks I needed to Hear that also!

Must be the humity with the hair even super mega hold don't last long LOL!

God Bless all of You!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everyone has a better day;at the end of it God has the last say so. " Wesee little so we believe little, but we believed little so we've seen little."-beth moore ;)
Remember the thorns and the nails; suffering is an honor.
Any siesta going to jacksonville look me up I'd love to meet you.;)www.littlestepsoffaith.blogspot.com

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Fran said...

You just spoke straight to this girls heart Ms. Beth!!! And, not about my hair either! Even though it was lookin good today! :)

But, your next to the last session on Wising Up has broken me teacher.
Just broken me. You spoke truth over this girls heart that told me "its time to deal with your stuff girlfriend!"

THank you...its been a tough 24 hrs and I need to be reminded over and over that it does get better...one day at a time!

Much love,
Fran

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:55 PM , Blogger TeriAnnElizabeth said...

To The Anonymous Sister that posted about her marriage and praying for her and her three children:

Daughter,

GOD can heal your marriage. My husband and I threw in the towel on a 20 year marriage with our daughter being almost 20 years old and our son almost 18.

We were two messed up people and no one was more messed up than me.

Beloved Sister, if GOD can find me in the deepest pit of sin and my husband as well, then HE CAN do anything.

HE pulled my husband out of a pit of snakes and HE literally saved my life while I was going under in the bottom of the pit for the last time.

It wasn't pretty and we came out with some battle wounds that GOD has had to tend to, but HE restored us and our family and we are back together and more in love than the day we met in 1982!

You stay on your knees, seek godly counseling, and then wait on the LORD.

GOD did not restore my marriage overnight. It took 2 years to do it and it was a nightmare. But my husband and I both say if HE hadn't been all we had to lean on we would never have loved HIM like we do now. HE's my everything.

You are being prayed for right now!

Love in HIM who can do all things,
Teri

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:55 PM , Blogger debra parker said...

Random conversations are so fun.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ME TOO! I'M 52 & HAVE A WHOPPIN PIMPLE ON MY CHIN. AND FOR THE HAIR, IT'S GONE AS OF TOMORROW....CUT IT AND I'M OVER IT.

BETH, YOU ARE PRECIOUS!

LOVE, PAMABAMA

 
At March 6, 2008 at 6:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is TOO COOL how God uses this blog in just the way we as individuals need it. Some were able to laugh about the bad hair day and to others (like myself) it was like another life preserver being thrown to me as I continue to intercede for my precious prodigal son. Tomorrow is full of HOPE and His mercies ARE NEW EVERY MORNING!! May He show mercy to our sweet Beth and bless her with a radiant face AND hair day tomorrow!!! Love to all of you in siestaville!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy I really needed that!! Thank you for that word of encouragement. I am having a bad everything day! Relationships, camera broke(my second job-you have my picture) a computer program won't work, sinuses gone bad!! Can you tell I have started studying the Word more :-) Praise God the Son is about to rise!!! Can't go anyway but up!!!! I think my hair is the ONLY thing that isn't bad- but I ain't goin by the mirror-just in case :-)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to apologize to my prayer group yesterday for ariving late, in a bad mood, and belly aching about all the things on my prayer card. The worst part is, when God answered my prayer about a certain thing very quickly, I felt so undeserving. Then, when I emailed my prayer group with an apology for my mood, my dearest friend emailed me back that despite my mood, I looked gorgious head to toe, especially my hair. How can my hair look good when my heart was so messed up- and vice versa! Crazy! What great friends. I love everyone of them!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Sandi said...

I needed to hear this more than you can imagine. My father was in the hospital for 3 weeks. He was released today. He was home 2 hours and had his 6th heart attack. I had to call an ambluance. I never saw anyone have a heart attact and it is so scary. I fought tear and kept a strong front for dad. Yes tomorrow the light will shine again. Thank you for this message.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can sure relate to that today. The last few days I've been feeling under heavy depression or something. But I think it has to do with me exposing the new age teachings on Oprah....which drives me crazy!

Anyway, I know it will get better, and the days you feel ugly those are the days you can put on a wig and clown make up :)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:08 PM , Blogger jennyhope said...

ps bethie you can tell you spend a lot of time in the word with the "pause for reflection" comment (my man calls it speaking in bible code). Selah... about the bad face day.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous! said...

Oh Bethie... I'm having a bad hair day too. It really makes you thankful for the good (i.e. big) hair days, doesn't it?

Here's to tomorrow and a new can of Amplify.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Kelly R. said...

Beth,

You need to stick in your Mandissa CD and listen to the 1st track- "It's Only the World." Love that song! I was jamming to it in line at my favorite take out restaurants the other day. (I had had a major stress day at work and no way was I going to be cooking any dinner) Anyway, I'm sitting in my car, singing away my worries complete with puckard lips and Cleopatra arm gestures. I looked up and realized the guy was standing at my car door to take my order...very embarrassing and yet SOOOOO funny. We both had a great laugh and hopefully so did you. "It's only the world we're living in, It's only the day we've been given" my friend and THANK THE LORD!!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Angela Baylis said...

I just heard the other day that we can never get an over abundance of the sun... I mean "son". In Michigan I could use a good dose of both!

Joy Cometh!
Love you-
Angie xoxo

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

OK... this is my thris try to post this comment... ut doggone it... I just HAVE to say this.

It just SEEMS to me that your Sweet Amanda is one of those precious people that we all want to have in our lives. Always trying to find the good in every situation... no matter the crisis. She reminds me of my (older) sister Jamie. (Yes... I guess I didn't have to say OLDER... but it was fun. ;)

God Bless the Amanda's and Jamie's in our lives!!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Profbaugh said...

Beth,

We could use some Sonshine right about now here in St. Louis!!

Thanks for reminding us that the Son is on the way!!

Crazy for Christ,
~Cheryl

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are beautiful inside and out. You help so many people through things even with a bad hair day. My husband has just resigned as youth minister. I know it is God's plan and he has a purpose. But when you are going through it, it feels so much like a bad hair day. You don't want to go anywhere or do anything. However, I am currently reading the 90 day daily devotion "David". It is just amazing how every day I read my devotion and it is pertaining to exactly what is going on in my life. I showed my husband the devotion for today and he couldn't believe it. Thank you!! I know your hair will be beautiful tomorrow.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You Beth. Just last week I lost my mother who lived in another state. Between coordinating my five brothers/sisters flight schedules, meals, and arrangements I came home exhausted. This has been the first time I have been able to come onto the blog and low and behold the perfect topic. You will never know how much you shared touched my aching heart. Gosh I wish I could give you a hug!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny, I just made an appointment with the hairdresser for tomorrow cause I'm soooooo tired of bad hair. Karen

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no Beth! I get the prize for both!!!
I am obcessed with a 10X mirror and I leave my face looking like a chicken's been eating off of it, AND I don't wear any makeup- SCARE ME!!!!
Plus half of the time you can cook chicken from the greese out of my hair. Don't even think about waisting your money on "Oily" hair shampoo cause it ain't so!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

You are preaching to this choir. I've had more bad face days in my forties than I ever had in my teens.

Thanks for the smile and encouragement.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Hey Bethie - Can i call you Bethie?? I so needed to know that today. we are moving, kids in new schools, in laws possibly upset, stress of all kinds... I can not wait for tomorrow!!!

love to you, Leigh

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:47 PM , Blogger AbbyLane said...

i needed to see that tonight...

many of you probably already know, but the student body president at Carolina, where i graduated from last May, was shot and killed for no reason yesterday morning..they are saying it was a random crime. i didn't know her personally, but knew of her and several friends of mine knew her well. please pray for her family, as well as our campus that has unfortunately experienced several tragedies related to violence in the last few years (as have many schools).

thanks...so looking forward to seeing His sweet face..

(i did have a bad hair/clothes day too)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:50 PM , Blogger inthemiddleoflife said...

Isn't it precious when our daughters know from the tone of our voice (across the miles, I might add) just how bad a hair day we're having??? That shared silence and long "ohhhhs" make the bad days just a little less awful. Thanks for the reminder that even you have those days too, even while so many of us are walking into our stylists' salons with YOUR hair photos in our hand! We love you, Beth, and praise God for your honesty.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,

Thank you so much for the encouragement!!

Much love,
Sharon, NC

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Kimberly said...

Sorry you are having a bad hair and face day. Since I had my daughter 5 months ago, I've been having a bad hips, thighs, and chins kinda days lately:)

Just want you to know, Beth, that you have siestas down here in Florida covering you in all kinds of prayer! I am so excited about the conference the end of this month and Jacksonville and cannot wait to see you. So if you start feeling like you're having a bad day again just remember all the love that is flowing your way!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 7:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Son's just about to rise upon you."

Thank you for that!! Soo needed to hear it!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:04 PM , Blogger God's Gal Sarah said...

And I feel blessed for getting a comment in before the numbers reached over 100! Hi, my name is Sarah--and no, you don't know me. I'm 17 (18 on Monday) and a young woman who has been blessed by your commitment to God. :-)
Aren't we glad that His mercies are new every morning? Whether we look good or not, He is still good.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:05 PM , Blogger boomama said...

It will be my sweet privilege to bathe you and your hair in prayer during this most difficult season.

;-)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Ashleigh Carroll said...

Thank you for that. We had to take my three year old to the hospital today. He has been sick for 7 days now. Bad sick. Nasty sick. Make me cry sick. Earlier today I actually was beginning to wonder if he would EVER get better. He will. Tomorrow will be better. Hair and baby boys.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
Why is it our "hair" can throw our day into a FIT! It happens to me sometimes too and it feels awful! Thankfully, it doesn't usually take too long before I say...I am sorry Lord, thank you for this hair, I am glad to have it and it will be okay...some days it looks fine, some days great but today...well, it's just gonna be better tomorrow!

Love you....JMM

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just was asked if I am pregnant...I am NOT. I guess that's a bad clothes day or a bad body/belly day. It's too funny that I got home and read the blog and there you are...as cute as you can be saying nonsense about your hair or face (could anything be more beautiful...and it speaks with words that lift). Yahooya...it's almost bedtime and tomorrow starts some new mercy!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Beth
I did not have a bad hair or face day, but an emotional day. We have snow covering our lower windows,and we had to get a frontloader to push the snow back. Their is no room and a new storm for friday night and saturday. Then I sat down tonight to eat several servings of the cake recipe that was put on this blog. But I know the joy of the Lord is my strength. Praise God for His healing power in Travis's life. For His glory!

Judy

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:24 PM , Blogger twinkle said...

Read more on Isaiah 60...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+60:1-22

Thank you, Amanda and Beth for that blessing. Your beauty is beyond measure.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never seen Beth Moore with bad hair.....you may be your toughest critic ;-)

Thanks for sharing that life is not perfect in your world. You keep the Siestas grounded.

Happy weekend to everyone =) Jill

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Lyndsey Newton said...

I fell while coming out of Atlanta Bread Co. yesterday and slung my sandwhich all over creation along with some really good sweet tea (Texas girls do NOT waste their sweet tea) and managed to skin up my knee and my elbow-funny though all I could think about was saving my purse! Still...made for a pretty bad day

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Instructions for A Bad Hair and Face Day Recovery:

1. Baseball hats. I don't know if by law Texas women are allowed to wear them, but we in Arizona live by them. Brim low and it will help with the face thingy.
2. Dark sunglasses are a remarkably effective disguise.
3. Must go to your favorite coffee shop...everyone knows coffee makes us more beautiful..yeah...uh-huh...
4. Take a look at a picture of an emu, it will give proper perspective.
5. Put on your jammies, and a good book, cover your mirror with a cloth and turn off the phone. Somedays are better just spent going back to bed.
6.Tell all your friends you are having a contest for the worst hair and makeup featuring prizes at your house until ten pm.If you have to live it, make your friends do it too. It's their duty.
7.Give it up. It has to happen sometime. Statistics dictate that we can't be perfectly gorgeous all the time. If you find it happening more than once a week however, better reconsider the haircut and get a makeup artist.
8. Laugh and move on.

Julie B.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

Wow! God knew I needed to hear that today. It was pretty bad. You know when your heart is set on something but then it changes (and there's nothing you can do about...aka weather, etc) That's when I have to be reminded God's in control, and I'm not. Thanks for the encouraging Word.

Needing more of Him,
Weary One in Texas

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do empathize with you. I've had many a bad hair days, face days, clothes days, talking days, walking days, the list could go on forever.... I was going to share a funny little picture about bad hair days, but came across this instead. It seems that webmd.com has the answer for just about anything. How funny is it that the place you go to find out what your pains and symptoms mean would also have the cures for wayward hair? Well, I don't know how much this will actually help, but I'm asking God to bless you with good hair and face days from now on. Thank you for sharing your struggles and words of Godly wisdom!!! Check this out: http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/features/surviving-bad-hair-day

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Allikaye's Mama said...

Beautiful verse! That encouragement is straight from the mouth of God to me today!! Thank you so much for being such a wonderful vessel! I put this on a notecard on my mirror:
"The Son's just about to rise upon you!" Love it!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Sweet's Mom said...

How's Travis???????

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for that Beth. You just don't realize what joy and blessing you bring to my life and I'm sure many others. I have bad hair all the time. But you said us here in Colorado have good hair, so it must be just me. I have to work and wear a hair net so I figure why bother. Thanks for the info on Travis and family. Take care. Have a blessed rest of the week. Love ya'll, Mary Anneybvsrl

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Sweet's Mom said...

How's Travis???????

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

tee hee hee hee

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girlfriend! I SO understand bad hair days. After losing my long blonde hair to chemo, my hair now is short and brown, and totally has a mind of it's own! It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES IT WAS, and I'm talking about a three year old needing some serious Jesus help me before I pull my hair out day.

Thanks for sharing Mama Beth, I needed this reminder and huge dose of encouragement.

Love ya, Jesus Bless your day...your hair and makeup too!

Kate in Charlottesville

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday I had the very same kind of day! After getting up at 5 a.m., working all day, and taking my 16 year old daughter to the dentist, we stopped at Cheesecake Factory to eat dinner! After that, while shopping for a a prom dress for daughter, I realized the cheesecake had already settled on my thighs everytime I passed a mirror. And my hair was horrible and my face looked pasty. By 8 p.m. and still at the mall, I was DONE! One of those days you definitely hope the next will be better! Today, I think the cheesecake was still on the thighs, though! But God is good!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 9:02 PM , Blogger THAT-GIRL said...

Beth,
I believe that you quoted a certain scripture in your book Breaking Free or Get out of that Pit (They might have both mentioned it, but the point is it was mentioned in something that you wrote). "I am enthralled by your beauty" Ps 45:11. And I believe that it also says that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." Ps 139:14 So, God made our hair and faces. And He loves them, no matter what our Babylonian society tells us they should look like!
So, even though WE may think that we look like a swamp-monster who has just emerged from the vilest depths of muddy funk that is the earth; to Him we are beautiful each and everyday.
Hope that helps, and I might need to go write that in lipstick on my bathroom mirror. Because I needed to hear that too!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Lindsee Lou said...

YES! YES! YES! Today is an AWFUL hair day.

Can I tell you the WORST part?! Today I got my haircut. This means it's supposed to be CUTE ALL DAY! And even tomorrow. Oh no, it's just plain awful. I even put it in a ponytail. WHO DOES THAT THE DAY THEY GET THEIR HAIRCUT?!!?! Yes, it should be put in the books, I put my hair in a ponytail the day I got it cut.

Thank you, Houston weather. We love you so.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 9:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've been fussing at God all day. It has to get better. It has to get better. I keep telling God that I'd rather do things the easier way, rather than His way.
Thanks for your post. It was meant for ME.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Shannon Pate said...

You girls are the cutest darlins ever!!!!! Thanks for making me smile!!!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Andreea said...

Okay I just have to tell y'all this. NOt 20 minutes after I read this post and commented, I read something on a friend's blog that like at this point in time, news like this would have sent me on an emotional roller coaster for the next 3 days.

But everytime I wanted to get upset about it, I kept coming back to those verses

Thank you, again, Mrs. Beth for posting them. B/c all I could think all the way to my mom's car was "Thank you Lord, for having her post that!!"

♥ you, and thanks again :)

Andreea

 
At March 6, 2008 at 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - yep, it was a bad day for me too. Not a bad hair day, just a bad work day with a coworker of 22 years who go laid off today. Yep, bad day today. Sad day. But God is good, and He makes all things new.

Your post was JUST what I needed today. Thank you dear Beth.

Love you!!!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

know what I love most about you?? You are REAL! That is so refreshing to me! I know you are a busy lady, but I wanted to ask you to check out our women's ministry blog. Here is why - we (Imeaning me - the pastor's wife, and our women's ministry director) have challenged our women to read through the Bible chronilogically this year. We are doing it together and using the blog as an encouragement for one another. I can't think of anything more encouraging to our women, than to receive a comment from you. Those of us who did the Tabernacle study, were able to look back at our books and notes and share with those who didn't do the study as we journeyed through Leviticus. God knew we needed all the help we could get to get through that! We are so excited that in August, we are going to hear you speak via simulcast. So, if you have a minute, go to www.calvarypslwomen.com/blog
Have an awesome day! ( you really don't have to post this comment... just wanted to share with you)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Bethany said...

Beth, as always, your words are timely. I needed this today. Thank you for the reminder that joy comes in the morning.
Grace & peace,
Bethany

 
At March 6, 2008 at 10:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Beth! That's one for memorizing for sure, Siesta! My dear 7-year-old had a terrible night last night. She just broke down. Uncontrollable. She was angry and sad and just plain tired. I was trying to explain to her that tomorrow would be a better day. I explained to her that God gives us new days to "start over fresh" I was explaining His mercies are new each day. Well, I wish I would have had that scripture on my tongue to say to her!

PTL for new days! New hair, new face ... NEW EVERYTHING!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 10:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha One Siesta (kcarlson) wrote, "Thank goodness God looks at the heart and not the hair". It made me smile and laugh to myself ... so I thought it needed repeating! Amen, Sister!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 10:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! I have been dealing with lots of vomit at my house. My son got me twice and even my dog was throwing up! Hmm, so tomorrow will be better . . . Praise God!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Beth, after watching that Vancouver recap -----
OH. MY. GOODNESS.
I am sure the roaring lion is seeking to devour you and your staff. I mean, the power of our awesome God was so evident through the GodTube thing. It made my heart skip and my mind race to honor the One Whose Arm we all walk on, in victory. Psalm 44:3 Hope your hair settles down. Maybe it's flipping out from the Vancouver victory. Seriously, that video is so powerful. It stopped me in my tracks and made me want to fall facedown in honor of Him and again I'll say it---the ONE on whose Arm we slip out into our lives today. Thank you for sharing that victory with us. Psalm 44:3 says: it's not our arm that brings victory, it's His Arm and the Light of His Face, for He loves you so even when your hair goes every which way. Just stay attached to that Arm. I LOVED THAT VIDEO!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 10:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your pain siesta!
I also have a funny story. I have always told my children if they didn't ride in their carseats that I would get a big, fat ticket from the police officer. SO... the other day when I received my first ticket. I was showing it to my husband because not only did I get a ticket, but I have to go to court since my proof of insurance was not up to date! So as I pulled the 8 1/2 x 11 in page out of my purse, my little boy yells across a crowed Cracker Barrell, 'wow mom, you did get a big fat ticket! That ticket paper is huge!'

Angela
Tennessee

 
At March 6, 2008 at 10:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I am printing this and putting it on my bathroom mirror - for just those kind of days; bad hair, bad face and I have also had bad body days!

Getting through this life wtih a grin is all in the perspective -thanks for sharing this one!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 10:48 PM , Blogger lucy said...

Thank you! I needed that today, I have had the worst week ever and today a 17 year old boy from my church died of cancer and went home to see the sweet face of his savior. Made all my problems seem so small and petty. Tomorrow is a new day and joy comes in the morning! Please pray for this young man's family and his twin brother.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM , Blogger lucy said...

Thank you! I have had the worst week ever and today a 17 year old boy from my church died of cancer and went home to see the sweet face of his savior. Sure made my bad week pale in comparison. Please pray for his family and his twin brother. Hug your kids today and thank God for the gift that they are!

 
At March 6, 2008 at 10:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I have to say is, I hope He hurries... I really need Him - and fast too.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 11:07 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

Oh, can I relate!! Isn't if funny how days like this really do get us down, and play on our self-worth? It always cracks me up that you can have the best hair day of your life and hardly see a soul - but wake up with a bad hair/bad face day and run into everybody and their brother! (All of whom incidentally are looking great?!) God's sweet way of keeping us real and humble. This too shall pass sweet siesta. = )
Blessings,
Tracy

 
At March 6, 2008 at 11:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Beth. Needed it. I was having a bad hair day, bad face day, and I think I had lipstick on my teeth at a party earlier this evening. Glad to know I don't suffer alone.

 
At March 6, 2008 at 11:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,

Thank you, I needed to hear that.

 
At March 7, 2008 at 12:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, the great thing about our Lord is that you are so beautiful to Him regardless of our hair day (or face)! But we still have those days don't we? Well, for me, it has been a great Thursday. My husband and I have been separated for almost a year. God did nothing less than a HUGE miracle in us. We are back together (we have 3 young boys) and our 15 year anniversary was today. On top of all that, I put before Him several immediate needs that were immpossible for anyone else to fill and He answered them all. God IS. Praise His Holy Name. So yes siestas, having a bad day? Abide with our precious Jesus and sail through. He is able!
Siesta in Fl.

 
At March 7, 2008 at 12:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,

Several years ago when my precious 8 year old daughter was 3, I awoke to a noise coming from my bathroom. I jumped from my bed, ran to the bathroom and flipped the light on. Sitting on the bathroom counter was my daughter with the brightest red lipstick on. The sad part was she put it on better in the dark than I ever did in the day. Needless to say, I no longer wear the red lipstick. God has taught me that my number 1 priority in raising her is teaching her that "Bad Hair Day" or "Bad Face Day" God LOVES US ANYWAY!!!!!

 
At March 7, 2008 at 12:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth
Sorry you have had a couple of bad hair days and a bad face day. Although I am not sure what a bad face day would look like I imagine it can't be to good. Anyway when I have days like that, I love knowing that tomorrow will bring a new day. This week started out terrible. Not sure why nothing particularly bad happened that day. The funniest thing about it all is that someone on the worship team thought I was really touched by one of the songs when in reality I probably would have cried over the Oscar Myer winner song. I am still not sure why I was so weepy. So I guess it raises the question is it ok to let them think that I was just really moved by the Spirit or do I tell them it was hormones?:) Oh well I have great hope that your Fri will go much better. Kim B. in AZ

 
At March 7, 2008 at 12:42 AM , Blogger Melli said...

LOL! Welllllll.... the Lord GAVE you that bad hair... and that bad face! AND he LOVES you just the way you are! PRAISE HIM!!!

 
At March 7, 2008 at 1:13 AM , Blogger Seth, Annelise, Elijah, & Joshua said...

I feel like you spoke right to me!

 
At March 7, 2008 at 2:12 AM , Blogger puzzlepiecesista said...

I have had two BHD's in a row, (as Simon Cowell would say) absoultely horrible!!!!! Need I say more?!?!!

But Oh Beth, a BFD as well that's just scandalous!!!!! I really do feel for you girlfriend. AJ cut right through the thick of things with the TRUTH that tomorrow will be a better day!!

Thanks for the vs. from Isaiah. That was just what I needed:)!!!

This siesta loves you bad hair day, bad face day or bad any other kinda day!!!

Angela in Redmond, WA

 
At March 7, 2008 at 2:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Travis is better! The server was slow so I couldn't post a prayer reply but sure did lift him up. I'm glad God is not slow and we can stay connected all the time!

It has warmed up here so I got to go outside without a hat on! Yea! Good hair day after months of bad ones!

 
At March 7, 2008 at 2:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post made me think of Kirk Franklin lyrics from the Hero CD - "Life will get better - It's gonna get better!".

Dawn in Chatt, TN

 
At March 7, 2008 at 2:42 AM , Blogger Brenda (Gately) Ohmes said...

Dear Beth,

I have only recently come across your blog, and I am so thankful that I did. You don't know me, however, you graciously posed (with a smile on your face) with our petrified banana peel last year and sent it back to us with that beautiful picture. Yes, we are still happily passing it back and forth in strange, but loving ways. And thank you so much for having the faith and not tossing it in the trash when you opened that package. Your reply meant so much to Alicia and I, and we are so grateful you took the time to absolutely make our day!!

Also, can I just say, I cannot imagine you ever having "a bad hair day." But if you say you did, then who am I to argue!

And finally, I wanted to thank you personally for choosing to be a servant of God. I started my spiritual journey during the first night of my maiden Bible study voyage, your "Fruit of the Spirit" study 2 years ago. And it was thanks to your amazing teaching on trusting God at the Oklahoma City conference, that catapulted me into the amazing relationship I have with God right now and the incredible life I now lead. I was obedient, took a leap of faith, believed God could do amazing things in my life, and now I'm living it out in the most astonishing ways. Thank you for all of your hard work!!! You will never know how many lives have been affected because you chose to allow God to work through you!

Have a wonderful week! I'm sure your hair will be back to normal tomorrow. And I cannot wait for the Colorado Springs conference. I'm ready for a fresh Word from God!

Blessings to you!
Brenda (Gately) Ohmes, KC, MO.

 
At March 7, 2008 at 6:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I recall you saying one time that the LORD brings the best messages when your having a bad hair day. So, I am assuming that he really brings a Word on a bad hair and face day.:)

Hoping for a better hair and face day today!!

K

 
At March 7, 2008 at 7:13 AM , Blogger bluemonetgirl said...

I used to think of life as a series of "hills & valleys" but I read a quote from Rick Warren recently that changed my perspective.

He said, "I used to think life was like hills and valleys that you have a high point and you have a low point, a high point and a low point. I really don't believe that anymore.

What I found is it's like two rails on a train track that there are always good things in your life going on and there are always bad things in your life going on at the exact same time and no matter how bad things are there's something I could thank God for. And, no matter how good things are there's something I need to work on. And so, you don't focus on either track. You focus on the goal."

That eternal perspective, focusing on the goal we have of pleasing God despite our circumstances, is what keeps me going on my bad days.

 
At March 7, 2008 at 7:22 AM , Blogger bethy said...

hi beth,
have you ever read the hiding place? i am reading it right now for the fifteenth time. corrie ten boom just makes me want to do better. what a woman of jesus. she taught me to be thankful in all circumstances. she was able to be grateful even in those prison camps. when i read her story, it changes my perspective. we have it good, dear siesta. even when our hair and face don't agree :)

 
At March 7, 2008 at 7:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Siesta Beth,
I so needed to hear that. I have been wanting so badly to contact you for encouragement and the Lord just kept telling me no. He wants me to go to Him and Him only. Just Him and me!!! Thanks for being obedient to Him!!

 
At March 7, 2008 at 7:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! I needed that!

 
At March 7, 2008 at 7:54 AM , Blogger karen said...

Beth, I use(I am not joking) 8 products on my hair everyday - I am obsessed with funky hair styles - folks continually ask me did I arrive on a motorbike? -need I say anymore!!!! If my hair ain't right - my day ain't right - yes I need to be set free. I went to visit a young single mum yesterday who I had never met before, social services had put her in touch with our church. She said she loved my hair - thank you Lord, there is one person who loves my hair!!!!! So when it comes to bad hair days - I'm the queen. Oh, by the way, I was flying to England a couple of days ago and I was searched and THEY TOOK MY HAIR PRODUCTS and said I couldn't take them on the plane!!! - I have not revcovered!!! Maybe we should consider setting up a 'bad hair day support group!!!' xox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home