Saturday, February 3, 2007

A Visual Aid for Your Amusement

I thought I'd share a visual aid that my mom used at Tuesday night Bible study and in Seattle this weekend. Any guesses as to the application?



I must say, I've never looked at my mother and thought of Paris Hilton. She has been mistaken for Judith Light a time or two, which is funny because when I did my celebrity look-alike collage it gave me the one and only Tony Danza! (Don't get the connection? Think Who's the Boss.) I've always admired Avril Lavigne's hair, so way to go on that one, Mom! She'll be posting another visual aid for your amusement in the next couple of days. If you were in Seattle I'm sure you know what it is.

42 Comments:

At February 3, 2007 at 5:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!! who's the boss mom!! yess!! :) bethie is way prettier though. and definitely rock on with avril..haha..

can't wait to hear about the conference! i could just sense all my sisters' prayers around the country for this special weekend! :)

 
At February 3, 2007 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only person you left out, Beth, is the woman on Days of our Lives that the little boy mistook you for and was afraid. I believe her character was Marlena and at that time on the show she was murdering people. That was the funniest story!
Love ya!
Holly Smith
Monument, CO

 
At February 3, 2007 at 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,

How cute... I rushed to the website to do my own.

To find out that a super model, and an 18 year old matched my face almost sent me into shock(Im 35. I sent it to my best friend immediately. We love to laugh at ourselves!!

I think the match came because we all were showing teeth in our pictures... had to be.

Thank you for the post. Have a wonderful week, and thank you for keeping us updated.

Looking forward to hearing all about the conference this past weekend. God Bless, Kim

 
At February 3, 2007 at 6:26 PM , Blogger salty sister said...

Oh My Goodness Gracious! My Husband was Sting, I was HOWARD DEAN. That __was__ my favorite family photo!!!

I am going back and try every stinkin picture I have until I am a glamour girl.

Back later...sadly this is how I am spending a Saturday Night...I guess when your HOWARD DEAN...it's all I can hope for!

 
At February 3, 2007 at 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually this looks like a good group for one of beth's bible studies!

 
At February 3, 2007 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I couldn't help myself! I had to see who I look like. Then my daughters had to also. I did a few different photos and they each came up with different results. A photo from 5 years ago put me as a look-alike with Hillary Duff and Kelley Preston, but the more recent photo put me with JK Rowling and Paris Hilton! Whatever...thanks for giving me an exuse to play around a bit. I am always doing work on the computer. I will be sure to check back with you girls whenever I need a lift and a bit of fun...Thanks!

 
At February 3, 2007 at 7:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Beth looks more like Jesus . . . but perhaps with bigger hair. :) I just drove home to Gladstone, Oregon after seeing you Beth up in Seattle. And I have to say, sweet friend, that you spoke straight to my heart. Which I knew you would, no matter what the topic of your event would be. I was blessed to be able to meet your eyes and hold your gaze for awhile today, after all, you are my mentor and my dear friend, even though we've never actually met. But we will someday. Until then, I thank God for my every remembrance of you. Thank you, dear lady, for all that you bring to life in His Word. May blessings rain down on your head - I will be praying for your ministry and most definitely your brother. And thank you Beth, for showing me Jesus.

 
At February 3, 2007 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Wow Beth, Paris Hilton..... maybe you could rub off on her a little bit. I think you are the MOST BEAUTIFUL of them ALL!!! Having Jesus makes anyone more beautiful, and girl, Jesus always makes you shine!! Praying for you this weekend!! See you Tuesday at Bible study!
Love ya,
Jackie

 
At February 3, 2007 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Patty said...

The only thing I can come up with would be that we are created in HIS image. I think that God wants people to see Jesus when they look at us. Just my guess. Now I would love to hear what Beth said as she showed this collage. I love her sense of humor. Beth, please share with us soon. I can't wait to hear about Seattle. I prayed like crazy for you and the women.
Love Ya,
Patty

 
At February 3, 2007 at 7:48 PM , Blogger debra parker said...

This is seriously great!

 
At February 3, 2007 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Stefani said...

How fun! I did it and I got 90% like Beyonce. I feel like I am uptown after that! I have to admit that I did not recognize most of the celebrities that I had a likeness to. Guess full-time mommyhood has its side effects. Thanks for the amusement! :-)

 
At February 3, 2007 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

Yep, she reminds me of Judith Light as well.

 
At February 3, 2007 at 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what the application is because I was in Seattle. (It was a GREAT weekend.) I told Beth that I was desperate for a word from God and honestly did not expect God to come through, but he did and when Beth posts a blog on how the weekend went I'll let you know how. And Amanda, Your dad is so cute and such a good sport. It was so fun to see him there with your mom this weekend. I had a question, though. I was up in the upper level so I couldn't ask it. I was just curious what do your parents do with sunny and beanie while they are both gone?

Love you so much,
Kristi

 
At February 3, 2007 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Little Steps Of Faith said...

Amanda...

I am thinking she is going to teach on who to really strive to be and look like...and I am not talking about striving to be like BETH...I am so not, I am saying that we should strive to be more like Christ. We can learn from Beth, and listen, but realize that it is ALWAYS God, NOT Beth speaking...otherwise, trying to be like someonelse other than God will be like the idol they worship in the book of Daniel. By the way, a FAB study:-) Poor old Neb, and his family...not the brightest crayons in the box lol.

 
At February 3, 2007 at 9:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

they just forgot one of Beth's celebrity look-alikes.....that would be her twin -CeCe Wynans! you go girl!

 
At February 3, 2007 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Lucy said...

I had to try the celebrity look-alike.......I'm absolutely blown away by it's accuracy..........as I am often mistaken for a two hundred pound black man (Usher).

Beth, I can't wait to see you in Columbia, SC in 69 days (but who's counting?!?)

 
At February 3, 2007 at 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd also like to see one of these done by paris hilton and her look-alikes would be Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, Joyce Meyer, Priscilla Shrirer, joanna weaver etc.....

 
At February 3, 2007 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Joy said...

Beth,

I met Marlena (Deidre Hall)from Days of Our Lives at the airport where I worked and you do look a little like her. But Jesus sure is shining on your sweet face.

Thank you ever so much for coming to Seattle this weekend!!!! Your hair is beautiful, not big anymore too! lol

Please have a cd made of the sessions in Seattle. I couldn't write fast enough! God showed me a pit I'm in that I had no idea I was in. You've encouraged me so much today. Thank you, love you Beth!

Joy in Seattle

 
At February 3, 2007 at 10:55 PM , Blogger boomama said...

There is only one word to describe Avril's hair, and the word is "lustrous." It's perfection.

I'm just sayin'.

Can't wait to read about what God did in Seattle...

 
At February 3, 2007 at 11:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy cow...i tried this...just learned i must be asian. forget the whole "image building" thing in our Daniel study. Now I am just wondering who my real parents are!

 
At February 4, 2007 at 12:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth............
You have been such a blessing to me. My younger sister insisted I come to Seattle with her to experience one of your conferences. I am so blessed that I was able to do so. I feel that I solidified my walk with our Lord this weekend. Your message really spoke to the depth of my soul! Also, I thank God for you and my sister Leslie.....both of you have helped me to come back to our Father. Leslie's faith and many prayers to our Father for my salvation, and my stumbling into a bible study of yours titled.....Believing God! AMEN! I turned my back on God 20 years ago after going through the death of my son, the murder of my best friend and an armed robbery, all within 18 months! I didn't have sisters in Christ at that time, but now I DO!
Beth, God bless you! You have a true calling and I am honored to be able to be in your presence for bible teachings, whether at your conferences or with my sisters in Christ at our bible studies.
I send you a HUGE!!!!! northwest hug! Much love!

Paige
Cle Elum, Washington

 
At February 4, 2007 at 12:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth and Amanda that was funny, I am going to try it out later. Honestly I know one you do really look like and you like her. Densie from POG. I you have been told that. But hey two godly women I look up too and have to be two of my fav. people. happen to look alike.

ashley

 
At February 4, 2007 at 12:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep...just as I thought...I am a hybrid of Condoleeza Rice and Sally Field. ha. gotta love it.

 
At February 4, 2007 at 5:15 AM , Blogger Patty said...

Oh my goodness, I just tried this and it said I looked like Reese Witherspoon with 78% and from there I got Katie Holmes and somewhere in the middle Beyonce! Too much fun! I was afraid I would get a picture of a man.

 
At February 4, 2007 at 5:30 AM , Blogger Patty said...

I had to write again. I tried my two sons faces and I nearly died. The oldest came up Justin Timberlake and my youngest was the funniest, his celebrity look alike was Charlize Theron! I can't wait til he gets up and sees this. This was so much fun and I have laughed my head off!!

 
At February 4, 2007 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, who is Hafez al-Assad and why do they say I look like him? :-)

 
At February 4, 2007 at 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did it too! That was fun! I didn't mind the Candace Cameron comparison, but the "old" Shirley Temple...seriously! ;0) I might have to try a different pic and see what we come up with! ;0)
Dana
Cypress, Texas

 
At February 4, 2007 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Big Mama said...

Maybe if Beth were singing "These Boots were made for Walkin'", I could make the huge leap to the comparison with Nancy Sinatra.

Of course, anything that said you resembled Tony Danza just can't be trusted.

 
At February 4, 2007 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Big Mama said...

I just had to come back and say that against my better judgement, I scanned in a few pictures and my husband came back as Julio Iglesias, which is just a little frightening.

 
At February 5, 2007 at 8:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, I am a huge fan of your studies and just recently starting reading your blog. Currently, I am doing the online study of Believing God and have been so blessed! The Daniel study that I did last fall was just amazing, and I will never forget what I learned!

This celebrity face thing is a stitch, but I was shocked to find out that I most look like Michal J. Fox! ;)

 
At February 5, 2007 at 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't read through all of the comments, so someone may have already pointed this out...but, can you imagine the thousands of dollars some of those "ladies" have spent on their noses? Beth, you didn't have to spend a dime!

 
At February 5, 2007 at 12:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site was fun, but my look a likes were too funny, it went from Dakota fanning, to tom cruise to Sarah silverman to TINA TURNER, how funny. Tom and Tina all in one!!

 
At February 5, 2007 at 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

before falling asleep last night that chart came before my mind but instead of my face in the middle it was my soul!!!!!!! boy was that something to look at!!!!try sending that one in for lookalikes ....like Beth said once: "do you know?*?*? that without Him WE CANNOT EVEN STAND!!!!"

 
At February 5, 2007 at 6:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the coolest encouragement tool in the universe! i've recently moved from a so.cal beach community to farm property on an island in the northwest. whoooaaa...drastic change is putting it mildly. God has/is stripping, stripping all the "fake" out. OUCH! screaming to the new farm animals on the back 10 has been my only outlet...but God has heard my cry...He has pulled me out of the miry(literally)cow-plop and set my feet on a BLOG! oh HALLELUJAH!

 
At February 6, 2007 at 9:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found that site a few weeks ago & immediatedly uploaded pics of me, my son & my husband. Well, with my glasses, I was an 80% match for Larry King (ugh!). My husband, it turns out, looks amazingly like Ulysses S. Grant (NOT), which prompted him to spend the rest of the evening uploaded various pictures of himself until he scored someone more appropriate (you know, Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck...). However, when Ashley Olsen turned up, I had to leave the room. :-)

 
At February 6, 2007 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Paige said...

WOW! I scored big! I matched Halle Berry! My self-esteem is on the rise! Truly they must be kidding, but that is a compliment that I will take. My husband...well, his was not so bad either. He was matched to Russell Crowe.(not my fav...but much better than some of the other people I have heard about)

 
At February 6, 2007 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Mrs. Julie Fink said...

My daughter came home with this "look alike find" about two months ago and when I put my picture in a really beautiful lady popped up FIRST. I called to my husband, "Come quick and look. This thing of Kina's says I look like HER, I must be really pretty."
"Click on the next one," my husband says, and then some really ugly man pops up. My husband starts roaring with laughter and says to me, as he is walking out of the room . . . "I guess pride comes before the fall."

 
At February 6, 2007 at 2:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm wondering what matches my heart would come up with!!!

 
At February 6, 2007 at 3:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd also like to imagine which saints/fellow members of the body of Christ i would choose to "look like"

 
At February 6, 2007 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Amanda--I'm with you. It gave me more men than women. However, the face shot I used was taken sans makeup by my eight year daughter, while we were camping.

I don't look like a man, and I'm sure you don't look like Tony Danza.

 
At February 8, 2007 at 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was the most pre-dinner fun we've had in a long time!!!! Thanks for the lead on the web site. What interesting dinner conversation that erupted from our look alikes!!!

 
At February 8, 2007 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Holy Cow! That is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I will never watch another Bible study on DVD without thinking of Paris Hilton. I had to try a second picture for myself, apparently I bear a striking resemblence to Patrick Swayze at times. I just couldn't post that on my own blog, so I tried another picture until I looked like I really am female.

 

<< Home