Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Siesta Scripture Memory Team: Verse 24!

Good morning, Siestas! It's Amanda checking in to do your very last Scripture memory post - number 24!

Our very dear friend Mary Ann Bridgwater called me a few days before the surgery to ask about my mom's favorite Bible verse. She said she wanted to have the verse put into a frame so that we could set it at her bedside in the hospital. Mom's favorite verse is Psalm 27:4.

Look at what she had made. Isn't that gorgeous?



It brought me a lot of comfort during some of our intense moments.



If you're checking in this morning without a specific verse on your heart to memorize, I invite you to do this one with me.

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4


Congratulations on completing 24 memory verses in one year. Way to go, Siestas! You made it to the end.

By the way, Jackson is in his very first musical program tonight. It's highly possible that I could have some good stories for you tomorrow. Enjoy your Tuesday!

ADDED NOTE FROM BETH: Siestas, I AM SO STINKING PROUD OF YOU I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! This has been one of the most exhilarating, soul-building projects we've ever done on this blog. COME TO HOUSTON TO CELEBRATE in January! The week after the event we are going to work on a special download of the gathering just for those of you who completed your requirements but were unable to attend. We are so proud of all of you. May God blow your mind with the power of His Word. Feel His pleasure, Sweet Things. He highly esteems what you've just accomplished. Amanda, my Darling, thank you for coming through for me on this final post of 24. I had just about enough energy to write this brief hello. I am joining you on this verse. It's the perfect way to wrap up what we've been doing for a year.

1004 Comments:

At December 15, 2009 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Yvonne said...

Good Morning!

Still camping on the 6 chapters of Galatians...haven't wanted to do anything else until the new year.

Yvonne
Fresno,CA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Nise' said...

I will not forget you.
Behold, I have inscribed you on the palm of my hands.

Isaiah 49:15-16 (NASB)

Nise'
Grand Haven, MI

 
At December 15, 2009 at 7:57 AM , Anonymous annie's eyes said...

Galatians 4:4-6 (NIV)

But when the time had fully come, God sent forth his Son, born of
woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so
that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God
has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"

Annette G., Houston, Texas

 
At December 15, 2009 at 7:57 AM , Anonymous Danelle Jensen said...

Deut. 8:20(last verse in a chapter) Praise the Lord!

"Like the nations the Lord destroyed before you, so you will be destroyed for not obeying the Lord your God."

Danelle
Ames, IA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Margie by the Sea said...

Margie
Hilton Head, SC

What a perfect verse to honor all that you have taught us.

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

 
At December 15, 2009 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Longmeadow Mama said...

I had no idea that was Ms. Beth's favorite verse! It was my memory verse a couple months ago!! Love it!

Exodus 4:11-12 (NIV)
The Lord said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

Kelli Dayton, OH

 
At December 15, 2009 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Sharon said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Sharon,
Charlotte, NC

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Micheledidasko said...

Hope MamaBeth is feeling better every day.

Then said Jesus, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."
Luke 23:34, KJV

Michele M
Liverpool, NY

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Candice said...

I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.

Psalm 63:2-4
Candice
Evanston, IL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Laura said...

Colossians 1:15 (NIV)

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

Laura
Englewood, Co.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:05 AM , Blogger ocean mommy said...

(Stories and PICTURES of Jackson's musical debut!!! Pretty please?) :)

Proverbs 14:26 ESV
In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge.

Stephanie
Dacula, GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Missy said...

"One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple."
Psalm 27:4

Missy Speir
Winston-Salem, NC

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Carol said...

Romans 12:13 NIV
Share with Gods people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
Carol
Gig Harbor, WA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:05 AM , Blogger God's not so little dutch girl said...

Hi Amanda!
"For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given,& the government will be in His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father,Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6 NIV

&
"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple."
Psalm 27:4 NIV

Joan
Portage,MI

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:06 AM , Anonymous Betsy Crawford, Chapin, SC said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Mary H. said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Mary H.
in Ardmore, AL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Diane said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

Diane - Roswell, GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Tara G. said...

The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. Psalm 16:6 (ESV)

Tara
Monterey, CA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Proverbs 16:9 (NIV)
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Molly Czuwara
Pittsburgh PA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:12 AM , Blogger fuzzytop said...

Woo hoo! We made it! And I have already bought a spiral for my 2010 memory verses!

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

Isaiah 9:6 NIV

Adrienne
Jasper, TN

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finishing Psalm 84

"O Lord Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in you."

Psalm 84:12 (NIV)
Kathy
Shattuck, OK

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

This is a great verse to end this year with and also to start a new year.
I have really enjoyed and benefited from participating in the scripture memory blog.
Wishing Beth and family and all siestas a peace filled Christmas season.
He came, He died, He Lives!!!!

Janice
Halifax, Nova Scotia

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Jen Pipes said...

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Amen and Amen! (:

Psalm 126:3 NIV
Jennifer P.
Russellville, AR

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:14 AM , Blogger Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Amanda et al...

Psalm 85:10-13 (NIV)

10 Love and faithfulness meet together;righteousness and peace kiss each other.
11 Faithfulness springs forth from the earth,and righteousness looks down from heaven.
12 The LORD will indeed give what is good,and our land will yield its harvest.
13 Righteousness goes before him
and prepares the way for his steps.

Pamela
Excelsior Springs,MO

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:16 AM , Anonymous Sandra said...

The LORD has established His throne in the heavens; And His sovereignty rules over all.

Psalm 103:19 NASB

Sandra
Wichita Falls

PRAISE BE TO GOD!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Big Mama said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Melanie

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Angela Baylis said...

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." ~Phil 1:6 (NIV)

Angie B.
Clarkston, MI
xoxo

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Cheryl Barker said...

"say to those with fearful hearts, 'Be strong, do not fear; your God will come...he will come to save you.'"

Isaiah 35:4 NIV

Cheryl
Coffeyville, KS

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:19 AM , Anonymous UNI said...

I John 5:3-4 NIV

3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,
4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

Eunice Fowler
Iona Station, ON

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Unreasonable Grace said...

Somehow I knew you would post the right verse for me this time:

Psalm 27:4 NIV
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gave upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.

Kim C
Lake City FL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Yolanda said...

Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished.

Luke 1:45 NIV

Yolanda
Kansas

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:23 AM , Blogger ~Shelly~ said...

2 Corinthians 1:3-5 (NIV)

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

Shelly
Port Orange, FL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Moose Mama said...

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:8 NIV

Melana Cummings
Sheridan WY

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Janice said...

..that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as LORD and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness and with the mouth he confesses resulting in salvation.
Romans 10:9-10 NASB
Janice
Arcanum, Oh

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:25 AM , Blogger valerie said...

I love what Mary Ann made your mom. How special!

I've memorized all of Psalm 139 NIV this year and have loved the challenge!

Psalm 139:24:
"See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Valerie
Oklahoma

(can't wait to hear about Jackson's program)

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Barbara said...

John 3:16 KJV

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish but have everlasting life.

Barbara, Warner Robins, GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Sylvia's Song said...

Isaiah 43:18-19 (NIV)

18 Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.

Sylvia V.
Jersey Village, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:28 AM , Blogger lavonda said...

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Lavonda
Atlanta, Ga

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Missknitsalot said...

Psalm 25:21-22

21 May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope is in you.

22 Redeem Israel, O God,
from all their troubles!

Finished all of Psalm 25!
Heidi McClain
Fayetteville, GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:28 AM , Blogger colorado girl said...

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek Him in His temple.

Psalm 27:4

Christy
Greeley, CO

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:29 AM , Anonymous Kristy said...

Job 19:25 (NIV)
I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.

Kristy
Princeton, NC

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:29 AM , Blogger gg2002 said...

Jesus told him "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No ones comes to the Father except through me" John 14:6

My favorite scripture.

GG2002

Judy Baggett
Irving, Texas

Amanada - can't wait for an update tomorrow on Jackson's program!!!

Love all of you

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:30 AM , Blogger texatheart said...

Zephaniah 3:7
The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."


Jan Witt
Topeka, KS

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Anonymous Tina Lyn, Odessa, TX said...

Psalm 27:4

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

As I say these verses, I will remember how much God has blessed me through the Holy Spirit annointing of Beth Moore and her teaching of God's word -- and I will pray for LPM and Beth specifically. Thank you so much for challenging me and walking beside me through a year's worth of scripture memory.

Tina Lyn, Odessa, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Christina said...

Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts,
you his servants who do his will.
Praise the Lord, all his works
everywhere in his dominion.
Praise the Lord, O my soul.

Psalm 103:21-22
NIV

Christina
Roseburg, OR

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Blogger Judy from NC said...

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

Mark 12:30 (NIV)
Judy
Littleton, NC

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

charlotte carty
lexington, ky

What a JOY this has been to me and such a blessing. Looking forward to meeting my Siesta's in January.

Romans 12 : 19-21
Do not take revenge my friends,
but leave room for GOD's wrath,
for it is written:
"I will repay, says the LORD.
20 On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him:
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this you will heap burning coals on his head."
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Becky - Mission 1:27 Ethiopia said...

Praying for you...

Is not my house right with God? Has he not made with me an everlasting covenant, arranged and secured in every part? Will he not bring to fruition my salvation and grant me my every desire?
2 Sam 23:5
NIV

Becky B

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:32 AM , Blogger All Things Considered said...

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

Ephesians 4:2 NIV

Vicki
Chehalis, WA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Katherine said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4 NIV

Katherine
Lilburn, GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:34 AM , Anonymous katnap said...

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6 NIV

Kathie Nappier
Aiken SC

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because He first loved us."
1 John 4:18-19 (ESV)

Kathy W
Mansfield, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Brandy said...

One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4
Brandy Wohlers-Prattville, AL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If therefore the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

John 8:36 (NASB)

Mildred
Mer Rouge, LA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Ashton said...

"One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple."
Psalm 27:4, KJV

Allison
Houston, Texas

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Brook said...

"When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul."
Psalm 94:19 (NIV)

"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy."
Job 8:21 (NIV)

Brook
St. Louis, MO

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Raines
Albany, GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Cindy said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Cindy
Laguna Niguel, CA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to all!

Micah 6:8 NIV

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Dianne
Richland, MS

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Romans 5:5 NIV
An hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit , whom he has given us.

Pam in San Diego

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:38 AM , Blogger Gran Jan said...

Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Jan
Hawkinsville, GA

I am so thankful to have been a part of this "24 in 2009" Journey. God has brought scripture to my mind so many times at just the right moment to "testify" for Him. Glory to His Name!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:39 AM , Anonymous Cheryl said...

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Psalm 9:10
NIV

Cheryl
Pearland, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:39 AM , Blogger karen said...

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Colossians 3:17 NIV
(completing Col 3:12-17 passage)

Karen, Yorba Linda, CA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:40 AM , Blogger tgwiz said...

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given and the government shall be on His shoulders. And He will be called WONDERFUL COUNSELOR, MIGHTY GOD, EVERLASTING FATHER, PRINCE OF PEACE."
Isaiah 9:6 NIV

tiena
bel alton, md

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Claire Nance said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 2 Corinthians 4:7 (NIV)

Joni
Port Neches, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:41 AM , Blogger penguinsandladybugs said...

I needed a good for the last verse of the year....was stumped....so I am gonna snag Psalm 27:4 as well!!

Jamie English
Longview, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4 NIV
Karlys
La Place, LA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The LORD always keeps His promises; He is gracious in all He does.
The LORD helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads."

Psalm 145:13b-14
(NLT)

karen:):)
Cheney, Washington

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Dee said...

The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

Deidra Lowery
Waynesboro, MS
Merry Christmas

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:45 AM , Anonymous Melanie Miller in Nampa, ID said...

Revelation 19:6b-7a NIV

Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!


Amanda, will SSMT continue in 2010?

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Stephanie
Lititz, PA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 27:4 NIV

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Dana
Lexington, KY

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth...Praying for your bodily restoration, personal peace and a holy revelation.
Amanda...checking in with verse 24
Luke 21:28 (AMPL)
Now when these things occur, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.
Jen in Exton

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:47 AM , Anonymous Tanya A. said...

Finishing up Psalm 139 and looking forward to my trip to Houston in Jan!
Psalm 139:17-18; 23-24 (NIV)

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you. . . .
Search me, O God, and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Tanya A.
Dayton, OH

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:48 AM , Blogger bethany said...

Thinking I'll join you on this verse for the final one :)

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

Bethany
Merced, CA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Calvary Women's Ministry said...

When I walk into the thick of trouble, keep me alive in the angry turmoil. With one hand strike my foes, with your other hand save me. Finish what you started in me, God. Your love is eternal - don't quit on me now.
Psalm 138:7-8 (The Message)
Lindsey
Dubach, LA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Psalm 23:6 NIV
Shannon
Lenexa, KS
Thank you so much for this place/space. I have been blessed beyond measure this past year by this discipline.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:52 AM , Blogger michellemabell said...

John 3:16 NASB

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Michelle
Woodstock, Vermont

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:53 AM , Anonymous Karen said...

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it. 1 Thes. 5:23-24 NIV

Karen S.
Tallahassee, FL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Postponing my verse to join several in saying for Beth and all of us:
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Bev Brandon
Austin, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:55 AM , Blogger EstherRD said...

John 1:5 NLT
The light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish it.

Esther
Hurst, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:55 AM , Blogger Kay Barnes Martin said...

"Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart. My heart is set on keeping Your decrees to the very end."
Psalm 119:111-112 NIV

Kay Martin
Tupelo, MS

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Rhonda said...

Philippians 3:13-14 (New King James Version)
Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

rhonda
Gilmer, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Just Call Me Grammy said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

Terry
Washington, IL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:58 AM , Anonymous KFKelley said...

"Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!"

Luke 1:45 (NIV)

KaRetha
Denham Springs, LA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:58 AM , Blogger TheCaliforniamum said...

Psalm 27:4 NIV

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek:

That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,

to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.

Louise Denton
Sacramento,CA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:58 AM , Blogger E. Tyler Rowan said...

Suddenly a great company of Heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom His favor rests."
Luke 2:13-14 NIV

Tyler Rowan
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:59 AM , Blogger JudyB said...

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Judy B.
Houston

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

For you bless the godly, O Lord, you surround them with your shield of love.

Psalm 5:12 (NIV)

Shannon
Houston, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:59 AM , Anonymous Barb said...

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

Barb
Des Moines

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"One thing I ask of the Lord
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord al the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple."
Ps27:4

Sue
Carmel IN

 
At December 15, 2009 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Inksstillwet said...

Ephesians 3:20 (NIV)
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,”

Amy
Oklahoma

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:00 AM , Blogger ABL mom of 3 said...

"to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."

Luke 1:79 NIV

Kelly
Rockwall, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:00 AM , Blogger Donna said...

James 1:22 (NIV)
"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."

Donna
Eldorado, Texas

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessed are those whose strength is in You,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.

Ps. 84:5 NIV

Ginger
Wetumpka, Alabama

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Beth said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Bethany, Cartersville GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Sunni said...

I will join in, too.

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Emmy said...

It is such an honor for me to memorize this verse for you sweet Beth! : )

Emmy
Rome GA

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke 1:49 (NKJV)

For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy is His name.



Cindy Gandy
Hazlehurst, Mississippi

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm using Beth's favorite as my last one of the year.

Claudia
Brevard, NC

Psalm 27:4

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ps. 27:4

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.

Sandy S.
Houston

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:10 AM , Blogger susansspace said...

Isaiah 9:6 NIV

For to us a child is born,
to us a Son is given,
And the government will be on His shoulders.
And He will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Susan
Murphy, NC

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4
JILL S
PLANO,TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:12 AM , Anonymous shelli littleton said...

For nothing is impossible with God. Luke 1:37

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4



Shelli Littleton
Fort Worth, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Denise said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

Denise Grove
Elizabethtown, PA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Redeemed said...

"You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
No longer will they call you Deserted, or name your land Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the LORD will take delight in you, and your land will be married. As a young man marries a maiden, so will your [Builder] marry you; as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you."

Isaiah 62:3-5 NIV

Becky
Owasso OK

Praise the God of new names, new chances....

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhonda Lima, OH
"One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."
Psalm 27:4

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:15 AM , Anonymous Katie said...

for Beth

One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4
Katie
Cols, OH

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:15 AM , Blogger gretchen said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

Gretchen
Virginia Beach, VA


Praying for your recovery, Beth -- and can we do the scripture memory verses again next year. I enjoyed doing it!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joshua 1:9 NLT

"I command you--be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."



May thousands more join us in doing this next year. To God be the glory!

Paula, Earlham, IA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:16 AM , Anonymous Kay said...

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4

Kay
Muscle Shoals, AL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Amanda May said...

Psalm 30:1-3, 11-12 (NIV)

“I will exalt you, O LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me.

O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

O LORD, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit.

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.”


Amanda May
Olympia, WA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

James 2:12-13
Message
(continuing)

Talk and act like a person expecting to be judged by the rule that sets us free.
For if you refuse to act kindly, you can hardly expect to be treated kindly. Kind mercy wins over harsh judgment every time.

Nicole
Winnipeg

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Vicki said...

Friends love through all kinds of weather, and families stick together in all kinds of trouble.
Proverbs 17:17 (The Message)

Vicki H. Knott
Greenwood, SC

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:18 AM , Blogger brenda said...

"He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing what is right."

Titus 2:14 (NLT)

Brenda
Oostburg WI

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Ashley Beth said...

This does indeed sum this year up wonderfully!

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

Ashley
Grand Junction, CO

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:19 AM , Anonymous NancyS said...

Phile 4:8 (ESV)
"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things."

Nancy S
Sanger, Texas

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:21 AM , Blogger BillsGirl said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek;
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze up the beauty of the LORD to seek him in his temple

Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

What a perfect verse to end the year!

Mary Ann Holton
Woodbury, MN

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Leah Adams said...

Psalm 27:4 works for me.

Leah
Blairsville, GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

John 1:14

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of of grace and truth.

John 1:14 NIV

Carolyn
Oceanside,Ca

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it!

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Jill in Alabama

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I ask of the Lord,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.

Ps 27:4

Thank you for allowing us to share this last verse together!

Vicki C.
Fort Wayne, IN

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, Beth, and all other Siestas!

Firstly, let me tell you something I did not do the other day when I posted my prayer for Beth. My name is Cindy and I am from Cincinnati, Ohio. I am a new siesta, having found this blog only recently. I am legally blind and work a beautiful female Yellow Lab named "Mesa" as a guide dog.

Secondly, Psalm 27:4 spoke to me just now as I read it. I will remember that verse. Also, I want to
commit to memory Jeremiah 29:11. In the NIV, it reads: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Recently I have had (and am still experiencing) a deep financial trial, but I know that my God will supply! And I know that He has plans fvor me, even in the midst of the trial. Just the reminder that He knows the plans and thoughts He has of me has really just been a calming thing during this time.

I only of course found the blog recently, but wanted to at least jump in on this last verse of the year with you siestas. Smile!

In His love,

Cindy and "Mesa"

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:29 AM , Blogger JayCee said...

Woohoo!!

"Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:5 (NIV)

Janet
St. Louis, MO

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Maria said...

Psalm 27:4

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Maria - New York, NY

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Lindsey Claire said...

"But be doers of the Word [obey the Message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the truth.]" ~James 1:22, AMP

Lindsey
Jenks, OK

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda
Osborn, Missouri

Psalm 123:1-2 (HCSB)
I lift my eyes to You, the One enthroned in heaven. Like a servant's eyes on His master's hand, like a servant girl's eyes on her mistress's hand, so our eyes are on the LORD our God until He shows us favor.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I repay the Lord for all his acts of kindness to me? I will celebrate my deliverance, and call on the name of the Lord.
Psalm 116:12-13(NET)
Beth~Troy,AL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Walking on High Hills said...

" ...seeking the good of his people and speaking peace to all his countrymen."
Esther 10:3b NKJV

Abby

Fort Worth, TX

YAY!This was sooo awesome,
my 1st and 15th will never be the same. I hope to make it-more than you know- but if I don't get to- I'm with you all in spirit-
-love abby

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous Tesa said...

Colossians 4:17

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Tesa
Perry, GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving Beth's favorite verse- it's perfect for this season...

Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Carrie
Prior Lake, MN

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek Him in His temple.
Psalm 27:4

Hilda in Houston

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:38 AM , Blogger bridget610 said...

Matthew 21:21-22 NKJV
21 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. 22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

*Thanks Beth for leading us - continued blessings for your recovery and this blessed gift of quietness with the Lord.

Bridget Phoenix, AZ

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:39 AM , Anonymous Tesa said...

Oops! Colossians 3:17. I think I put 4:17!!

Tesa
Perry, GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Jessica
Powell, TN

PS I am at a difficult place right now in my life. Past is repeating itself just when I thought I was living in victory. I would welcome any prayers you would offer up in my name.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:40 AM , Anonymous Teresa said...

Ephesians 6:19-20 NIV
Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Teresa
Austin, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalms 126:3
"He has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

Joy in Mansfield, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweet siestas, I know this is not the place to post this, but I cannot find my scripture spiral. And I am beside myself!

So if any of you see this, please pray. I have been looking for over an hour and can't find it. I just finished going through the trash outside in 20 degrees, windy and rainy, just in case it got tossed with some stuff I had sorted through. I had it last on Sunday.

This not only has my scriptures, but many notes on what was going on as I was learning them and the amazing things God is doing in my life.

I have looked everywhere that I can possibly think of. I have to get in the shower and get ready for work now. So I am going to go put some PRAISE MY GOD music on(real loud) and do just that. Praise my Lord and saviour whether I find the spiral or not.

Satan cannot steal my joy over this. The joy of the Lord is my strength.

Thank you siestas!

Sharon
LP, MI

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you all!

Phil. 2:6-7
(HCS)

...although He existed in the form of God,(He)did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.

Lori
Rock Hill, SC

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:45 AM , Anonymous Lynette said...

And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6 NIV

Lynette
Phoenix, AZ

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Kari said...

Thanks to Nise'...

I will not forget you.
Behold, I have inscribed you on the palm of my hands.

Kari
Gettysburg, SD

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Julie said...

These verses are like a journal for me, they have marked my year in such specific ways!

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4 NIV

Julie Plosz
Plymouth MN

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Mary Lou said...

Psalm 27:4

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek Him in His temple.

Mary Lou
Germantown, TN

Looking forward to seeing the download of the gathering in January, since I can not attend. Thank you for doing that and for doing the scripture memory.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Shelli Bourque said...

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

Shelli
Almont, MI

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:54 AM , Anonymous bigsis said...

"But the angel said to them,'Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.'"
Luke 2:10-11 (NIV)

Kathy
St.Louis, MO

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Esabelle said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Amen and Amen!!!
Esabelle
Louisville

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:55 AM , Anonymous Lauren said...

Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Lauren
Bryant, AR

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Joni said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

Joni, Animas, NM

 
At December 15, 2009 at 9:58 AM , Anonymous Suzanne in RI said...

Psalm 115:1 NIV

Not to us, O Lord, not to us,

but to your name be glory

because of your love and faithfulness.

Suzanne, Harrisville, RI

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Grace said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

Kimberly
Mount Vernon, OH

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Laurie said...

The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:14 (NIV)

Laurie
Loganville, GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:00 AM , Blogger rooney said...

One of my very favorites too!
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Jackie Platte City, MO

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous Kim said...

"One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple."

Psalm 27:4 NIV

Kim L.
Doswell, VA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous The Apple of His Eye said...

Eph 3:20 (NASB)

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.

Karen H., Stephenville, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous Jan said...

Psalm 45:11 (NIV)

The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.

And in French:

Psaume 45:11 (La Bible du Semeur)

Car le roi est épris de ta beauté!
Lui, il est ton seigneur, prosterne-toi donc devant lui!

Jan
Bemus Point, NY

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:03 AM , Blogger doo-dah said...

"The LORD has done great things for us,and we are filled with joy."

Psalm 126:3 (NIV)

K; Poplar Bluff, MO

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:04 AM , Anonymous bejoyfulbetty7 said...

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.

Betty Murphrey
Wendell, NC

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:05 AM , Blogger PinkBoots said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

Lynn Barksdale Air Force Base, LA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Christ's Treasure said...

Hey Precious Moores, Joneses, and Fitzpatricks! I love you and am Praying for you.

I will do two, because I think the verse you have supplied is very beautiful!

SO....
Romans 16-17
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the POWER of God for salvation for everyone who believes, first for the Jew and also for the Greek for in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, as it is written; the just shall live by faith. NKJV

and:
Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple

Thank you Mucho Mucho Siestas!!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:06 AM , Anonymous Susan said...

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

Isaiah 9:6-7 Hallelujah!

Sue M.
Grand Rapids, MI

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The LORD is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Psalm 23 (NKJ)
Patti Hayes
Lutz, Florida

I'm memorizing this one in memory of my sweet Daddy who now rests in the arms of the Good Shepherd. Daddy went home to be with the Lord on December 5th. Not only was this his favorite Scripture, but this girl who used to live in fear of losing my salvation, needs to know that "surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:07 AM , Blogger HR said...

"As for me, I look to the Lord for help. I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me." Micah 7:7 NLT

Hannah - Choctaw, OK

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Holly B said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4
Holly B
Twin Falls, ID

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth and Amanda,

Thank you.

Thank you for challenging and encouraging us to stand firm...to put our full weight on the scripture...and watch it hold us up.

It has been a roller-coaster ride year for all of us. God knew back in January that we would need truth on our lips and in our hearts to survive it.

So, it is with great joy that I join hands across the nation with fellow siestas to memorize Psalm 27:4

We love you!

Resting in Faith,
Susan
Jacksonville, FL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

Ps. 27:4,8
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek Him in His temple.
When You said, Seek My face, my heart said to You, Your face O LORD I will seek.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Carol - Pekin, IL said...

One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple.

PS 27:4 - KJV

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Isaiah 7:14

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel."

Lisa
North Alabama

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Tammy Adkins said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

Praying for you Siesta Mama!!!

Tammy Adkins
Garland, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Bebe said...

"One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."
Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

In honor of you, Beth, and ALL you do for our Lord in spreading His love and truth.

Betsy
Carthage, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Judith said...

"the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Psalm 121:8 - NIV
Judith
West Columbia, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous Bonnie/Momof3 in Atlanta said...

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4

"Then Job replied to the Lord, 'I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted'."
Job 42:1-2

I had already started memorizing the Job passage for my final verse but I want to had yours too. Thank you Lord for your words!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sovereign Lord is my strength, he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. Heb.3:19 NIV

Cathy Reineke
Orofino, Id

I had already picked my verse but Ps.27:4 comes to mind often and is so appropiate for ending our memory verse year, I added it to my page for today also.
Christmas Blessings to all!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:20 AM , Blogger The Rhinestone Cowgirl said...

Isaiah 9:2 NIV
The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land
of the shadow of death
a light has dawned.
Lacey
Keller TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Romans 8: 37-39 (NIV)

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Allison
Washington, DC

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:22 AM , Blogger mrsjojo said...

One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
Ps 27:4

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Valerie said...

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Philippians 4:6 (NIV)

Valerie
Fultondale, AL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:24 AM , Blogger gg said...

I noticed that my recent posts have not made it to the blog, so I have included multiple. All NIV.

Psalm 27: 13-14

I am still confident of this:

I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.



Galatians 5:22-25
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.


Psalm 46:1

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Psalm 126:2-3


Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
"The LORD has done great things for them."
The LORD has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.


Psalm 94:19
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul.

2 Corinthians 1:20
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

I am praying for your family.

Georgine
Austin, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:25 AM , Anonymous emi said...

I am joining you on Psalm 27:4(NIV)

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

emi
white house,tn

Thank you so much for this year of verses. Praying for you all. You are gifts to me and my walk with HIM. =)

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Sister Bs said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Brea B.
Gardendale, AL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the Lord's return. Consider the farmers who patiently wait for the rains in the fall and in the spring. They eagerly look for the valuable harvest to ripen." (James 5:7, NLT)

Cathy, Houston

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 27:4 NIV
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

Linda
Bartelso, IL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"One think I ask of of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple."

Psalm 27:4

Diane
Chesapeake, VA.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 27:4 (NIV)
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Linda
Johnstown, PA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Spicy Magnolia said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

Meghan S.
Round Rock, TX

I've LOVED doing this! Merry Christmas!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:35 AM , Anonymous Kaye said...

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty to the Lord and to seek him in his temple."

Psalm 26:4 NIV
Kaye
Lilburn, Georgia

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 27:4 (NIV)
One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house
of the LORD,
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek Him in His temple.
Cheryl G, Houston

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous Denise said...

"I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the LORD heard him; he saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them." Psalm 34:4-7

Denise
Acworth, GA

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalm 119:92-93 (NIV)
If Your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have preserved my life.

Shelly
Hedley, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Hartman Family said...

"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations."

Isaiah 61:1-4 (NIV)
Heather
Amarillo, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

I did not have a specific verse on my heart this morning, so I am honored to join you in memorizing your mom's favorite verse. Thanks for the suggestion!

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

Kristin
Jacksonville, AL

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Julie said...

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4 NIV

Julie
Holland, MI

*wishing I could escape the snow & cold for a celebration with you all in Houston -- but my first niece/nephew is expected at that same time, and I can't bear to miss out on the celebration of life here! Blessings to all!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:44 AM , Anonymous Amber said...

For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6 (NKJV)

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4 (NIV)

Amber
Houston, TX

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to encourage us to make scripture memory a part of our walk with Christ. The year has slipped by quickly despite the many challenges. I am seldom without my spiral. Blessings

All your sons will be taught by the Lord and great will be your children's peace. Is. 54:13 and Before they call I will answer;while they are still speaking I will hear Is. 65:24 Kathy, Austin

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan in Katy, tx

Ps. 77:13,14

Your ways, O God, are holy. What God is is great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the people.

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:49 AM , Blogger missyg said...

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."
I John 1:14, NAS
Missy
Glasgow, KY

--My "security word" to type in is "joysit"...isn't that awesome?!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Karen, aka Yaya said...

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

Psalm 27: 14 NIV

Karen P, San Marcos, (SanDiego), California

Speedy recovery, Beth!

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:52 AM , Anonymous Lis said...

John 1:14 (NIV)

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Lisa in Peru

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:52 AM , Anonymous Lee Ann said...

Psalm 27:4

One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Lee Ann
Brentwood, TN

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just last week, I listened to a message Beth delivered (My Determined Purpose.)The verse she taught on impacted me so much that I am still digesting it and have decided to choose it as my final memory verse for this year.

When I began the siesta memory challenge, my hope was that I would come to know Christ more intimately through His word. That has in fact happened and I am so thankful.

So that being said, here is my final verse for 2009:

"[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]11That if possible I may attain to the [[b]spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body]."

Philippians 3:10 Amplified


Chrystie C.
Piedmont, SC

 
At December 15, 2009 at 10:55 AM , Blogger Sandi said...

Luke 1:45

"Blessed is she(Sandi)who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!"

I'm believing God!
Sandi
Maple Grove, MN
(formerly Duluth)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home