A Petition for Prayer
Siestas, I'm coming to you today to ask you for prayer. Your sisters at LPM and our families, as well as our dear friends the Cottrells, are feeling the heat of the spiritual battle being waged around us. We are going through a time of spiritual warfare and could really use your prayers.
The enemy has largely been targeting our physical health. Everyone goes through seasons of hardship, but what's cluing us into the fact that this is a spiritual matter is that the same equation is being used over and over with different variables.
For lack of a better word, he is threatening us. Serious things keep threatening to occur, but don't fully pan out (for which we are thankful). For example, this morning Annabeth came down with a raging case of what turned out to be hives. She's going to be fine, but the back of her head was swelling and we really thought we had an emergency on our hands. I could spout off at least six other situations where something harmful has threatened to occur, but has turned out to be relatively minor.
A few weeks ago I heard a sermon from Dr. David Jeremiah on the radio (I believe it was "Slaying the Giant of Temptation - Part 1"). He said that Christian leaders feel the heat of the battle through spiritual warfare, but they also get the best view to see the enemy's defeat. I just love that. I called my mom immediately and quoted it to her. Not only will we see him defeated in this time of warfare, but we also get to see him defeated on a daily basis as women open up their Bibles and let the Word of God change their lives. Ladies, we would not trade that for anything. It is an incredible privilege to get to see God at work in you. We are so blessed.
I will leave you with these verses from our Bible study last night. I have not been able to get the lesson off my mind. He is so worthy, Siestas! Thank you in advance for your prayers.
Revelation 5:6-14
Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
And they sang a new song:
"You are worthy to take the scroll
and to open its seals,
because you were slain,
and with your blood you purchased men for God
from every tribe and language and people and nation.
You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God,
and they will reign on the earth."
Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang:
"Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!"
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing:
"To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!" The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped.

178 Comments:
Amen to the prayer in Revelation. Will keep the LPM team and your families before the Lord Who sits on THE throne.
Warm in Alaska.
Going to the floor right now.
I am so thankful for the way you all serve us. Not one day goes by that I'm not thankful for this blogging community and each and every siesta in it! It's an honor to go before the throne for you ALL!
Praying now...
hugs and love,
stephanie
It's NOT only your LPM ministry that is threatened in the way(s) you expressed. I see it in the church I attend, and in my own family as well. I'm talking BAD stuff. A failed suicide attempt (in my extended family). My husband passed out the day after release from the hospital following 2 heart stents so the ambulance took him back to the hospital for overnight observation. My mammogram looked "suspicious" but turned out okay. Stuff like this. Satan is attacking, so we need to fight back like never before!
LORD, PROTECT US!
On my face before our Lord for you and those, so many, suffering in the battle we wage against the evil one. The times we are in are difficult at best but with God on our side, whom and what should we fear. Never give up on the power of God and never give up hope. Continuing to live for God's awesome Glory -
Oh, Amanda....yes I will and am praying right now, in the name of Jesus, to protect, guard and not let one more thing touch you and your family....and the LPM staff. May you all know, sense and experience the awesome power of prayer that is being laid down for you all..in the mighty name of the Lamb...who sits on the throne. Amen....Pam in San Diego
The Lord has continued to give me these verses...as my Faith has been tested over and over it seems in the last year.
Habakuk 3 17-19
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,he enables me to go on the heights.For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.
LORD, I am pleading with you on behalf of our dear dear friends and Siesta families at LPM for protection RIGHT NOW, in the name of Jesus, against the Enemy. He is trying his best to kill, steal and destroy, but he won't win. In the meantime, I pray for your hedge of protection to rise up around each and every one of the staff members, their spouses, their children, and their extended families. Guard their hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Bring and outpourinng of healing over every inch of their bodies that are enduring affliction. Put a guard around the doorframes of their houses and offices to keep sin out, and affliction away. Give them a sense of your peace and prensense and the courage to keep their SWORDS held high! In the mighty and powerful name of Jesus I pray. Amen....and AMEN.
Prayers are headed to the heavenlies for each and every one of you. Spiritual warfare is a terrible situation and I will make sure to keep praying until you say all is okay. Then I can go back to regular prayers for you all!
Hope the Revelation study you are doing is going well for everyone. And I hope it will become available for purchase by the public. I would love to hear your mom's take on the book (and it would be a great compliment to the Daniel study).
Blessings and well being to you all!
Kelli in Colorado
LPM,
You all are in my prayers. No other ministry has changed my life the way yours has. KNOW that I will be lifting you up to the One who is able.
This battle is the Lord's, and I am believing Him to be triumphant. I pray that He will give you a magnificent view of the enemy's defeat.
Yes, yes our prayers are with you LPM Staff!
I could feel it. After the first night's study I prayed all the next day for Beth's health, & emailed LPM about my concern. This morning I emailed my "old" Beth Moore bible study group to pray for good health for Beth.
I pray for you all a lot but will emphasize health.
This Revelation study has got us fired up, and the enemy doesn't like it. When 3300 of us are singing God's praises at the top of our lungs, holding hands, we can't be stopped!
Know we siestas love you all bunches and appreciate and honor all you do.
Ann Ludeke
Dear Father,
I so adore my family in Christ - they are gifts, probably more than they know. How many times you know I have sung with Travis and the team in a time of warfare - and the times when the sound of Beth's voice brought the truth, through but a crack of an opening.
I pray that your mighty hand would deal with the enemy and that you would protect each and everyone of them and thier families. We know we can hide in the shadow of your wing and we are thankful that it is truth. Please Father, in the name of your Son, the ultimate Healer, we pray for a clear bill of health for everyone. But I also pray for your angels, who in Psalm 91, you tell us are in charge over us - may the hint of them, be so tall, and wide and strong of a fence of love and protection around these sweet folks, that they don't know what to do but PRAISE.
We love you and are your servants, keep us all in your care,
In Jesus NAME,
Amen
Praying...
monica
Will most certainly be praying specifically for the Spiritual warfare taking place! There is nothing more real or powerful than our GOD...the demons know HE exists...and they shudder...
God bless you ALL!
I am praying. What powerful verses, gave me goosebumps just reading them.
this one i know..and praying more often for you and your family, the Cottrells and LPM...i fully agree with David Jeremiah on that quote that people in ministry see the enemys tactics first hand and also GOD's victory! I often wish there were a study that explains it better for us, but maybe this one we have to fight through to get it! don't know..but prayers are going up for protection from the enemy, and for the LORD to move swiftly. Love you all like my family
on my knees sweet ones
Will be praying. Thanks for letting us know. May God surround you all with His loving care and protection!
You can count on me to prayer for you all. A prayer prayed in faith is one of our strongest weapons against the enemy.
Hang in there. Christ has your back!
Pat from Kansas
Wednesday is my prayer day for LPM and I will certainly make this part of the prayers which are sent up for you. Thanks for hanging in there....it is warfare..but the battle has been won!!
Matt 18:18-20 The Message
"Take this most seriously: A yes on earth is yes in heaven; a no on earth is no in heaven. What you say to one another is eternal. I mean this. When two of you get together on anything at all on earth and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. And when two or three of you are together because of me, you can be sure that I'll be there."
Praying in agreement that the enemy and any of his attacks would be bound up in the name of Jesus and His perfect healing and protection would be loosed.
Love you all!
Thank you for sharing this. I am getting it right out to everyone that I can!!!
I am giving you my memory verse early, because I really hear God speaking through it, even though it seems so simple.
Malachi 4:2
"But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will
rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall." ~
and I think we need to be singing CeCe Winans " Waging War" at the top of our lungs too!:)
Its breaking my heart how many all over our little siesta world are sick!!!
I AM PRAYING EVERYONE FEELS BETTER SOON AND THAT NO ONE ELSE GETS SICK!!
However, if I could memorize all of that from Revelation I would!
Interesting enough, our church is doing Revelation for another 5 weeks too...So praying!
Oh my sweet Amanda. It is hitting the Southern Siestas and myself pretty hard right now, too!
I keep telling myself this is my JESUS Year! He commands and defends my DESTINY! My memory verses this year have been Psalm 145 and boy have they been a huge blessing through my marriage attack and the warfare I am seeing in our Southern Siestas group.
One word.
Desperate.
What are we desperate for?
For health, wealth and security?
Or Jesus.
I am not desperate for anything or anyone except my Jesus.
There! The enemy wants to get our eyes off Christ.
We have been putting the enemy's "JUNK IN OUR TRUNK." And we have given the key to Jesus.
Some of us have beat the STEW out of the enemy and sent him to the feet of Jesus.
I wrapped him up like a mummy, bound, before the STEW was beaten out of him!
And we have done some really powerful "STOMPing" with Kirk Franklin! GP are ya with me?
Yes, Beth, Travis, Amanda, LPL, Lifeway, TCM, all of your families and all of our sweet siestas...we are with ya!
Amos 1:2a "The LORD roars from Zion and thunders from Jerusalem..."
Our God is rising up, roaring like a Mighty Lion. The enemy is messin' with His Siestas. Let us be found faithful through this time of difficulty. Our enemy is a defeated foe. Keep telling yourself that.
Father, rise up Lion of Judah and defeat the enemy who comes to steal, kill and destroy. Give us VICTORY in the blessed Name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, as we STAND by faith, armed to the teeth with Jesus Christ covering us from head to toe. We put our destiny into Your Hands. May faith be found in us. We rebuke the enemy and all of his forces of evil. In Jesus Name. Amen.
Praying right now!! I can echo being hit and slapped heavy with spiritual warfare!!
A lot of sweet Siestas are going through heavy battles and I am believing God to manifest the victory in a way that will leave our enemy slack-jawed!! I believe something HUGE is getting ready to happen. I wrote a post yesterday on having an expectancy in my spirit and I have no idea what is coming other than it is!!
Love you all and mad at the enemy!
I will definitly lift you all up in prayer. It seems to be going around.I too have been experincing this spiritual warfare. I remember a lesson Beth did on Life Today when she said something about just going through the motions and not feeling it. That's where I'm at now. But I will keep you in my prayers, for I know not what else to do. Praise God that Annabeth is fine;I have a 10 year old granddaughter who has had a shunt since she was 8 weeks old. When the fluid builds up it puts pressure on her brain and she has horrible headaches. God is sooooo good! It's been 6 years since her last surgery. love you all carla
WOW! What a time that will be when we look Him in the face and tell Him, Who is like you?!?
Way to sound the battle cry, Amanda!! I will pray hard for you all.
I will definately be praying. Glad Annabeth is ok.
I consider it a privilege to pray for the Moore's, Jone's, Fitzpatrick's, and Cottrell's. Our God is able to do exceedingly above and beyond all we ask or think. That is pretty powerful. Will pray for the physical healings and spiritual protection.
Father I thank you that these families gives their all for you. That they share your love, grace, mercy, faithfulness with all of us. That your Word is spoken over and over to all of us. I thank you Father for the anointing you have given each and everyone of them and that they give their all for you by sharing that anointing with us. Give them physical healing where needed Father, but most of all protect them totally from the fiery darts of the enemy. He has no power over any of them Lord. You have placed the protection of the Holy Spirit over them and I claim that in Jesus name. We bind the enemy from using any of his wiley ways. We especially pray for special protection over the children Lord. That the enemy cannot touch them physically or spiritually in Jesus name. You are King!! You are Sovereign!! We thank you Father that you allow us to go through things just to remind us how much You love us and want us to depend on You for EVERYTHING.
In Jesus name I pray
Amen
Blessings,
Bible Bunny in NO MI
It isn't surprising to me that y'all are under this attack. You are scheduled to be in Memphis next weekend and believe there are more strongholds in this area that you can think of. Particularly sexual and financial bondage. It has infected our churches and our cities. I so wanted to make it to the conference but we have a community event that weekend in a tiny town just 15 minutes from the FedEx Forum in Memphis - a town called Crawfordsville. Pray for us all that are on the frontlines serving the Kingdom and sharing the gospel to free those in bondage in the Memphis area. Come see us in Crawfordsville when the Living Proof live conference is over.
Absolutely! I will pray for quick victory and protection. So thankful things are turning out to be minor! Praying now!
We will pray.
Praying!!!!!
I lift you all up often but I will be more specific in my warfare. Thank you for sharing the need.
Our family and church family have been under major attack recently. ER visits, poison ivy over my daughter's entire body, severe allergic r4eactions to medicine, bleeding in pregnancy. You name it the enemy is trying hard to get us to STOP. We have agreed to fast as a body one day a week. Since we started three weeks ago we have seen a difference. But what has been interesting...our hearts are more at rest. More jobs have been lost, my son is sick again but we have not lost our peace and joy this time. We continue to pray for complete healing but it is our time with Him that has helped get us through even when the enemy still presses down.
No weapon formed against you shall prosper.
I love you-dearly!!
Charlotte
ATL, GA
Praying. Praying, praying, praying.
Praying over you all and your families.
Father, you are mighty in power and authority and I thank you for the example you gave in your word as Jesus cast out demons, healed the sick and ultimately defeated sin and death. Thank you that your word says that we shall do even greater things than these, in the name of Jesus Christ, your son, the VICTOR. Father, I stand in the authority of the name of Jesus and declare that NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST THE MOORES, JONES', FITZPATRICKS, COTRELLS, AND THE LPM STAFF AND THEIR FAMILIES WILL PROSPER. Father thank you for being an ever present help in times of trouble. Thank you for pouring out your spirit on these people and thank you for moving in their lives in a mighty way. Thank you for your grace, may it abound in those who love you. Protect your servants, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.
I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers! You're not alone, either. A few weeks ago, I started my first semester at an online university after following God's call to transfer there so that I can continue with college if He decides to move me abroad before I'm through. Not only did my computer decide to have problems connecting to the internet about the same time my classes started, but I've spent 2 out of the last 3 1/2 weeks physically ill from stress brought on by random events, causing me to fall behind on my schoolwork. I've never been so sick from stress before. Last night, it felt like there was some spiritual warfare going on, and I have felt much better today than I have the last two weeks. After A LOT of prayer, it seems like the enemy has finally been defeated. Thank God! I pray God will quickly defeat the enemy in the battle going on in your lives right now as well! God bless!
Praying for you! GOD is doing a thang in those who seek him. I know this from the depth of my heart.
May the LORD richly bless you.
Experience that heat ourselves as we start a new season as chaplains to a RV resort in AZ. The day we arrived, last Saturday, my throat started this tickle thing, sinuses, achy muscles, but no fever. I truly believe it is an attack and I believe God has wonderful plans for this park for this season, so... TAKE THAT, SATAN, AND WATCH GOD WORK!!! HE is unstoppable! Hallelujah!
I am confident that you are going to get a ton of comments that all say generally the same thing: "us too". Just within my small sweet group of close siestas, we have ALL had our battle with sickness in the last few days/weeks. It is just one thing after another. And it is majorly affecting lots of sweet siestas trying to get to Memphis. I don't know what the Lord has planned, but I believe we are going to experience something POWERFUL.
Adding you all to the prayer list. Love ya'll
Dear Amanda: The Holy Spirit has kept your family, your sis & her hubby & your mom and dad constantly on my mind for prayer this past week! The main thrust of His msg. was for protection!! I pray that HE will do the same with mahy other gals!
He is faithful,
Kathy
Dear Beth, Amanda and all of the LPM family I will be praying for you. Thank you for the reminder that all of heaven and earth praise the Lord and we should do likewise.
Susan
I am praying. And will keep you and the Cottrells and all the sisters at LPM in my prayers.
You all are such a blessing! How I am so thankful for your ministry.
I hope Annabeth is feeling better.
Love and blessings in Christ,
Michelle in VT
I would be more then honor to pray for you and your mother. I personally have been so bless by her and her teaching.
Liz Hinze
I will be in prayer. I know exactly where you are coming from. Satan has been attacking my family from all directions this summer. From what appear to be minor illnesses, but start as serious, to the death of a beloved uncle a week ago. He was diagnosed with cancer in May and it was vicious. God has released me from the bonds of fear in the past, but Satan has been full force this summer trying to get me back in that cage of fear. I fear illness, especially in my family and at times it almost paralyzes me. My children, my parents and grandparents have battled illness all summer with headaches, respiratory infections, colds, allergies, etc. Satan is just on a rampage, but as you quoted Revelation - we are purchased by the Lambs blood and Satan is defeated. Hallelujia!!! Praise You, Jesus, You are in me and You are greater than him.
In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Ephesians 3:12 NIV
Jules Kearney, NE
Praying for each of you protection from the enemy. Thank you for standing firm.
You are loved and appreciated!
Praying. Praying. Praying.
This is some serious stuff. The enemy is messing with all of us - and he has NO IDEA what kind of smack down he's about to get.
Also, if he's messing with us this badly, I can only imagine how amazing Memphis is gonna be. The Lord is ALL OVER THIS. Praise His Name!
Heavenly Father, I praise you for every person that you have employed through Living Proof Ministries. I pray that you would build up a mighty fortress of protection around each and every one of them. I pray that you would realease any hold that Satan may have on any individual this day. I pray for your name to be glorified through this ministry and that you will enable, through good physical, emotional and spiritual health, this ministry to reach thousands upon thousands more people.
In Jesus Name,
Amen.
Praying, praying! Love you guys!
All of you at LPM, including the Cottrells are in my prayers! I'm sorry that the evil one has chosen y'all to attack. No one deserves the attacks, but you all do so much for so many of us. But I guess that really makes you the prime target, huh? Satan won't know what hit him when Siestaville starts praying against him!!!
Psalm 91:4 comes to mind--He will cover you with His feathers and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
(Thank you for beginning our Memory Verses this year. They sure come to mind when I need them)
(((Hugs))) to everyone at LPM
Bobbie
I will be praying for all of you!
Praying for you Siesta Mama and those you love.
The Journey Continues ~
ON MY KNEE'S IN PRAYER!!!!!
Kim Safina
May God bless and keep you and your family and friends in His loving care. I leave you with this verse.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Isaiah 43:2-3
Praying YOU up!
Love,
Susan
Evangelism Chick in Jax, FL
Lord Jesus, You are truly worthy of all glory and honor and praise and worship. You alone are worthy. We come before Your throne of grace and mercy and petition You on behalf of our sweet family at Living Proof Ministries. You have blessed them with abundant fruit in their ministry and we know our enemy doesn't like that. And so, Lord, he is attacking them right now, just as You said he would. But we know, Lord, that You are Lord of ALL. You hold them in Your Holy Hand, and nothing can snatch them out. I pray that You would even right now set up a hedge around each one of them with Your mighty warriors. I ask You for Your complete protection over their precious lives: physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I ask that You would personally speak into their lives victory on every front and a complete removal of the enemy and his desires for them. Oh, Lord, You are able - please do it for Your glory. In Your matchless Name we pray. Amen.
Gretchen
Thousand Oaks, CA
All of you at LPM amd your families and the Cottrells are in my prayers, especially now. I am so glad Annabeth is doing fine now.
Love,
Fran
Romans 16:20
"The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you."
I pray this scripture over everyone at LPM. Also, I pray it over my own household. I will never forget Beth's visual from an article she read during one of her studies about a man being attacked by a lion. She then helped us correlate that visual with how the scripture describes satan.
1 Peter 5:8
'Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.'
Thank you God our Father for your protection and victory in Your Son Jesus!!!! --JH
Praying now!
I heard that very sermon by David Jerimiah this week on the radio!
Love,
Laura Beth
I will pray...
Oh Amanda...I'm on this one. ON IT!
Praying so hard for every one, every detail, every person attending, your mom, the entire team, Travis....EVERYBODY!!!!
There is some serious warfare and some of us out here have been seeing it since last week...
We are steady on our knees girlfriend. DON'T MESS WITH US SATAN.
Hugs and blessings!
Fran
I am praying.
And sending much love...
Anne,
Lorton, VA
Beth, we are praying and lifting up Godly families all around us for health and healing not just physically but spiritually as well. The devil wants our children, our marriages, our minds, our homes. I have heard that the best offense is a good defense, but I also believe the opposite- the best defense is a good offense. Our armor for spiritual warfare is both offensive and defensive. I just pray that our families become fluent in both defensive and offensive drills. And that prayer becomes as necessary as breathing.
I'll be praying! I am SO glad that Annabeth's condition turned out to be not too serious!
Amanda,
I will be praying for you, your family, for the Cottrells and all of you at Living Proof. At our church our pastor is in the middle of a series of sermons on spiritual warfare. The enemy knows his time is drawing to a close, and he is out to steal, kill, and destroy. I am sorry to hear that Annabeth has hives. I will pray for her quick healing.
"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." I John 4:4.
Blessings to you, your family, and everyone at LPM!
Tisha
Praying for you all and for the enemy to be bound to no end...
Dear LPM ladies--you are def. in our prayers. I am a siesta that reads occasionally and has never written on here, but I wanted to say that the warfare is raging!!
My husband is a church planter, and we are days from moving to a new location to begin a new church start. I can say that this has been one of the most trying and difficult times in my life--because of the spiritual warfare going on. And just like you said----it is the same thing over and over again.
We are called to battle, and we will raise our swords high!! We will not be found wanting. We will guard our lives with His Word. We will lift our husbands up with His Word, and we will guard our children with His Word!!!
ALMIGHTY GOD we ask that You give us WISDOM. Give us YOUR STRENGTH. We ask that You REIGN in our lives each moment of each day. We YIELD our selves to YOU and YOU alone!! Make us FAITHFUL to be Your servants and PROTECT us from our enemy. We love you!!!
Amanda!
I am so glad you posted this, I am praying. I love Dr. David Jeremiah! My husband has taught 2 of his studies at our church on Sunday nights (What in the world is going on and what's up with Heaven), he is so good. I absolutely love, love Rev. 5, there is a song on this choir cd I have where the only words in the song are chorus of that verse.
Cool story, my husband played that song at the end of one of the heaven studies one night. The song was playing in tandem with the loud thunderstorm that was happening outside, and as loud as the song was you could hear the thunder over it. It reminded of when John would try to describe the sound of all the people, he said it sounded like thunder. It was absolutely amazing!
Love you!
Katie, AL
I will be in prayer for you tonight. I love the book of Nehemiah. The young couples at FBC Liberty are studying the book of Nehemiah. The lessons I have learned from his dealings with opposition encourage me personally when I see the enemy at work.
Amanda,
I will pray for you, your family, and the Cottrell's. Spiritual warfare is real and threatens us at every level...even in demanding our attention so we become fearful. You remember that God has not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of sound mind. You take the sword of the Spirit and begin to confess total victory because it is yours. Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. He loves you and so do I.
Best,
MJ
Thank you for all you do for us! We are definitely praying for your family and those at LPM too!
I pray for your ministry often and praise God for what He is doing through you. Often, when God is working, Satan is trying his best to discourage and distract. May God show His presence and power to you and your families!!!! Praying for you all!
What an encouraging post! Prayers are being sent up!
Praying for sure. Ya'll have been on my minds recently as it is.
I'm right there with you. The last couple of months especially have been one sort of illness after another... threatening to interfere with what is important but ultimately failing to do so. It seems as though health issues have been one of the primary ways that the devil has waged war against me over the course of my life, and it has intensified ever since I was called into ministry as a teenager. Any long-term health issue that gets brought up at the doctor, when they ask "How long has that been going on?" I always answer, "Since puberty pretty much." Really though, on the spiritual time-line of my life, it all adds up. As much as I'd like to play the part of the powerful warrior, honestly the frustration of it brings me to tears at times. But it's moments like this that I am so thankful for it, because it doesn't allow me to brush off the need for prayer as "not that big of a deal". The experience keeps me in line to pray fervently, genuinely and effectively.
I love that quote regarding the view of the enemy's defeat. Thanks for sharing.
Coincidentally, (ok, probably more divinely), that passage of scripture from Revelation is the exact passage that I have recently read in the "Lord, Is It Warfare? Teach Me to Stand." study by Kay Arthur. Back in August I felt very strongly prompted to get into a study on spiritual warfare. In the entire Christian bookstore, would you believe that this particular study was the only one available at the time? I guess God took care of that "Make it clear on which one I should get" thing. It has fit so well. I am so glad that God prompted me to do so, and I am incredibly thankful that I didn't ignore the prompting. Almost immediately upon seeking out the study, the need for intercession on behalf of myself and others has been poured out intensively. It is quite possible that I would have been ill-equipped to handle it all if I weren't right in the middle of this study, which is constantly guiding me to perfectly appropriate scriptures for the moment. God is so good.
Some days I'm definitely more weary than others, but I know that I'm not fighting alone. It is so incredibly evident when I am being surrounded by the prayers of other believers. You all are not alone either. I will continue to lift you up in prayer as often as you are brought to my mind. I pray that the breath of the Spirit would rush in with a wind of renewal.
Love you guys.
><>BECCA<><
It is so ironic that you mention he is attacking, but yet it isn't productive. Today sitting in service I read the verse (Luke 4:14)and abotu fell over. I know that the enemy will attack repeatedly. Yet, for some reason when I saw this verse tonight it really struck me.
You all will be in my prayers. It must mean Beth has some big words to share. I am super excited about seeing her next weekend in Memphis. Love you ALL!
Praying for you all.
I love you!
P.S.- I'm sure most are familiar with the song "How He Loves", and I found the lyrics particularly refreshing tonight (caps added for emphasis of what has really ministered to me tonight):
He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When ALL OF A SUDDEN,
I AM UNAWARE OF THESE AFFLICTIONS ECLIPSED BY GLORY,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.
And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves.
Amanda,
The same thing is happening with my family.
But, the enemy is already defeated.
Your post just resonated with me! Last night I heard Karen Heimbuch's The Revelation on the radio. When I read your blog, I just had cold chills. What a reminder of who will get the victory.
Worthy is the Lamb!
Prayers for your family....love you so much and your ministry.
Amanda
There are 12 Siestas that have a running Facebook prayer post where we post prayer requests. We have had this going for months now and we have noticed that over the past few weeks the warfare has KICKED up!
We have siestas in the hospital, car break-ins, marriage issues, trouble with our children, panic attacks, financial issues, constant sickness - you name it!!
The enemy is mad about Memphis but we are already VICTORIOUS through Christ
I love that quote you stated from David Jeremiah - we will see the enemy defeated b/c he will NOT keep us from Memphis!!
Covering ALL of you and those attending in prayer!
Kim
From your mouth to God's ears!!!! I will be in "four wheel drive" prayer for you guys!
Oh the battle that is raging around us.... that we ALL would open our eyes and see!!
Love, Love, Love..... =0)
Breahn
Somehow (by God's nudging, I am now sure) I felt led to pray for Beth and her ministry - for protection - spiritual, physical, emotional, etc. This was one day earlier this week. I know that she requests prayer often, but our good God led me to pray then. I will continue to pray for her and all of you! Many blessings and a host of heavenly angels surrounding you!
Dear Amanda
I am one of the more silent Siestas - reading posts but not commenting,though they are huge blessings and encouragements Tonight I am commenting! Your family and LPM ministries families will be included in our family prayer. With sons in the ministry, as well as having friends in the ministry, we well know the warfare against those in the front lines. We pray for our Pastors, but have recently realized the battle lines have increased. As the battle becomes fiercer so must our prayers become more frequent and stronger. Our list is growing, but this is how the Lord would have us serve right now. So we become your servants in prayer, as you all so faithfully serve us in teaching, exhorting and by example.
Even now, i think of the Sept. 15scripture memory verse that your Mom chose, as did many of us Rev.17:14 - We will use this for prayer fuel, as we cover front line warriors.
Thank you for all that you invest in so many. Now is our opportunity to reciprocate by prayer. Thanks for asking!!
"We wait and hope for and expect the Lord ..... Yes, we wait and hope for and expect the Lord.: Ps.27:14 ampl
Your loving Canadian Siesta Diane
I will say an extra prayer tonight for all of you. I lift you up everyday as you all mean so much to me and my life has been so blessed since I have been studying with your mom, Amanda. I feel like I know you. I know that God can and will win this battle. I believe that more right now than I have ever in my life. I have seen His mighty hand at work in my life. His power is not hidden. I am forever changed and forever thankful.
Jan
We are definitely fighting a spiritual battle. My family is also feeling it. As the Lord get's more praise and glory... the enemy attacks harder. I covet your prayers. I just found out tonight that my 20 year old cousin, who has been messing with drugs and alcohol this past year, is missing. I have reason to believe he is not a believer... and my heart aches tonight. We are all interceding on his behalf, and asking for divine intervention. DO IT LORD!!!!
-Zarah
You got it girlfriend. Praying.
Thank you, Thank you for this post. We are in the midst of an attack on our family's health as well. My 3 year old was in the hospital for 18hrs with croup. and we are all still battling a nasty cold that is keeping us down. Thank you for the encouraging words! God is SOO good and we must trust Him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH_cqOYh5FY
Check this out! Warfare
Praying for you all! Thank you for all you do!
Praying.
And of course I just watched the news and freaked myself out even more over all this flu junk!
Lord, heal all the weary bodies. I the healing name of Jesus! Amen.
P.S. Bible study ROCKED last night. Still spinning.
I am praying for all of you! My husband recently became children's pastor at our church, and I understand how the enemy really turns up the heat. The Esther Bible study helped me to get through the initial period of strong attack, so just know that God is using what you are doing to fight the enemy in so many ways!
Selynda in Oklahoma
I will pray for all of you! What blessings you are to so many people! I too have felt the attack the enemy (especially the last few days). I'm so glad God is in control and is all knowing!
praying.
Amanda,
Glad you let us know how to pray. The evil one knows his days are numbered and how he is trying to distract the saints! NO WAY! In addition to being constantly in the word, God has so ministered to me through the lyrics of certain songs. (then I somehow lost my ipod...go figure) The line about His glory in this David Crowder song just about leaves me undone when I understand His absolute love for me.
"He is jealous for me
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
When all of a sudden
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful You are
And how great Your affections are for me
And oh, how He loves us so
Oh how He loves us
How He loves us all
Yeah, He loves us
Oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves us
Oh how He loves us
And we are His portion and He is our prize
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking
And Heaven meets Earth like an unforeseen kiss
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
I don't have time to maintain these regrets
When I think about, the way...."
God continues to minister and encourage greatly through Beth's teaching of the Word and this blog.
Hangeth thou in there dear ones! He is our prize.
Much Love!
Oh, Amanda, I know what you mean! My Mom and I lead a group of women, we are currently doing Esther, it is wonderful, however, Satan is on the attack with us as well. She was diagnosed with breast cancer, had a mastectomy and now has an infection, all in about 4 weeks time this has been happening,right before we began Esther. However,we are pressing on! Also, I had thyroid surgery about 3 weeks before that(no cancer, thank you Lord) my brother is going through a horrible time right now (can't get specific) and I am trying to clean out, sell and move from my current house to go live with my parents because I cannot financially sustain myself. I am 42 years old!!!!!(divorced) I have 3 grown daughters who are great but also have their problems. Oh he is attacking alright! I believe that He is running scared, so he has to pick on us Christians who are making a difference right now. Thank you for the Rev. passage. I am also remembering that He who is in me is greater than He who is in the world!!!! I am praying for you and your family, Travis and his family and the Living Proof Ministry. It is powerful!!! God is changing lives through it, and the devil hates it! We know we win Hallelujah!
Yes, I pray, for y'all, too (not from Texas but wanted to at least type it...sounds more natural that way! ;+) On a more serious note, I will pray for you and the staff at LPM. In the name of Jesus, mighty wonderful, powerful name, we uplight the staff of LPM, their families and others who are in the battle. We need you, Lord, to fight on our behalf, and we thank You for doing so. Praise you. Thank you for sending your Son to die for us that we might forever live with you in your presence. Thank you for loving us enough to do something that we can't do on our own. May all Siestas also see answer to the prayers and thus be built up in their faith. You are great and good, slow to anger, abounding in love and we love you.
Praying... sometimes it's easy to lose focus... we fight FROM victory, not TO victory... the battle is already won.....
Praying for you all. Spiritual warfare is intense here as well. As sisters in Christ, let us remember to pray one for another...
Praying for you and against the enemy that seeks to destroy.
Vicki
Prayers going up for every one at LPM. From your mouth to God's ear. He knows all, sees all, and hears all. Oh my Lord, you heard the request for strength to stand. Be totally and completely glorified in Jesus name, Amen.
Kels
Amanda
say no more you got it siesta. I know God answers prayer just recently he answered one for me within 20 minutes of praying I was under attack. I have been praying for an old friend for about 10 months now and God answered that one a few weeks ago. She is so happy she didn't know I was praying for her but I knew he had answered.
PS Amanda can you get the words for the song Travis sings on the Greensboro video I can't get that song out of my head I Love it. but I can't catch all the words Is that on his new cd? If it is as soon as I get a little extra cash I will buy the Cd
I hear you! Same here!
WOW, this post was a confirmation as I was
sitting with a christian today who didn't believe
me when I was speaking of warfare. I prayed
about it and then your post came.
All week the message came, "FOCUS ON JESUS!"
and God lead me to a book called, "Spiritual
Warfare Sideways: Keeping the Focus on Jesus!"
PRAISE GOD THAT OUR RULER IS JESUS CHRIST!
Love!
Michele Denman
OF COURSE! Unfortunately,I was not able to travel to Houston last night for class. Thank you for sharing these amazing words -
I will pray Ps. 91 this evening before I retire for all of you dear ministers of Christ at LPM-
Lord, I also come now before your Throne of Grace and ask in the name of Jesus Christ and by the power of his Cross and his Blood that your Kingdom come and bring protection to all at LPM and that you will pour your river of grace over and saturate Amanda, Beth and all associated with the LPM ministry. I ask that you permanently remove anything that would try to interfer with their health and the well being of their loved ones and include everyone involved at LPM.
You are doing a mighty work for our Lord- may you receive a "Hundred Fold" of the grace, protection, healing and peace of Christ that you have shared with us-
The following is a wonderful prayer by Frances MacNutt-"Lord, please fill the LPM staff anew with your power, your life and your joy. Strengthen them where they have felt weak and clothe them with your light. Fill them with life, Lord Jesus, plese send your holy angels to minister to them and their families- guard them and protect them from all sickness, harm and accidents. We praise you now and forever, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and we ask these things in Jesus Holy Name that he may be glorified. Amen. " May you also rest well under our Lord's Wings of refuge tonight. God Bless You,lots of love and appreciation, An Aunt Siesta in Austin
Amanda: I will DEFINITELY be praying for you guys...
And thank you for this post!!! Your timing couldn't have been better relative to some of my own situations that this applies to. I've been seeing enemy attack after enemy attack here recently... and I want to see GOD CRUSH him UNDER HIS FOOT!!!!!
WORTHY IS THE LAMB!!!!
Amanda,
It is an honor to amp up my prayers for all of you right now. Considering the impact of this ministry on the lives of so many, it's no wonder Satan is on the attack. May our Lord shelter all of you from harm, and may He strengthen you to carry out the plans He has for each of you.
Mighty blessings...
Tracy
You have my prayers.
Praise God He is victorious in all things.
Thank You, Jesus, that You've had LPM sharpening their Swords all year long. . .with the Scripture Memory. . .for such a time as this. YOU are our glory and the lifter of our heads. YOU are Jehovah Rapha, our Healer and Strength. YOU show Your Name powerful in us. Thank You! Thank You for finishing the work on the Cross. Thank You for bringing Your Kingdom in us. Thank You for annointing and infusing LPM with Your Spirit, Your agenda, Your power, Yourself. Hide us all, Lord. Hide Beth and Travis and everyone around them as they approach Memphis this weekend. Open thier eyes and ears to see Your arms around them, guarding their way, protecting them. Just a glimpse, Lord. . .Thank You for keeping us aware of the enemy's schemes. Thank You for our armor and Your victory. Our enemy is at the bottom of the sea! Our enemy is under our feet! Thank You, Jesus! DELIGHT!!
Oh yes I will pray! Thank you for sharing this and we will link arms in the authority God's given us over the enemy! He does have the victory!
Love you so much!
Becky B
Praying, praying, praying!!!
praying for you and with you!! Praying for protection for you and your family and the entire LP Ministries team.
Also praying for protection of all those who are attending the upcoming events. I know the enemy is all over me and some of our group and we are standing on the ROCK and asking for God's protection.
And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,' declares the LORD, 'and I will be its glory within. Zech. 2:5
One morning when I was on my knees praying, begging God for a wall of protection b/c the enemy was pressing in so thick, God showed me a picture. I used to think that the wall of protection looked very much like a brick wall. I didn't know how well it traveled but I figured God would pick up the wall and surround me with it. But this particular morning, as I was pleading with the Lord, He showed me something in my mind.
I saw me and my loved ones standing together...then layers of what looked like laser white/blue beams were circling us. It went around and around building a wall and it lit up me and my family with its fire. Then I saw arrows being flung at us from the outside. The beams of light around me would arc out and destroy the arrows before it ever reached the fiery wall. And I felt the Spirit teaching me that the "wall of protection" is the very presence of God. He is aware and watches for all attacks and before the attack can ever reach me, He faithfully pursues the source of evil and destroys it before it ever reaches me.
Then a few weeks later, the Lord led me to the above verse where God is reassuring the Israelites of His protection. It was confirmation to me that God's very own presence is our protection and it is fiery. It destroys evil before it can reach us even as He lights our lives up with His glory.
I am picturing this very wall of protection around your family, the ministry, and the Cottrells' family. May God's very own presence be your protection...the fiery wall that lights you up with His glory even as the arrows of the enemy are destroyed and crushed to the ground.
the enemy sure is busy. I am up right now @ 3:30am, and have been for two hours, stewing with anxiety. I've been praying, but it seems like this is another spiritual battle.
I finally got up to come into the computer and turn on the audio Bible. Sometimes when I am being fiercely attacked, especially in the middle of the night, that is the only thing that helps. I usually turn on the Epistles or Psalms just loud enough that I can hear it softly from my bedroom. Sometimes when it is bad enough, I'll turn on a Christian radio station in the living room also.
Being attacked is a terrible feeling, we need to stick together, recognize what it is, and call the name of JESUS!
Praying for you...
I can definitely see the attack of Satan on my family as well. Financially we are strained (hubby is in real estate) . . . which at times causes tension b/t he and I. I homeschool and work and I have been extremely overwhelmed.. . . more than normal. My hubby and I feel very strongly about homeschooling, so the kids going to school is not an option . .. yet b/c of our economy we really need my income (this also causes more tension b/t us). My kids even seem to be fighting more than normal.
And then. . . last night. . . after we got home from church, my 12 yo son called me in his room... he was in a pool of tears telling me he is having all of these bad thoughts about God . . . thoughts that he does not even know where they come from. . . thoughts like,"God is the one who deserves hell," or "I should die so that I can go to Hell." Bless his sweet heart . . . he said, "Mom, I'm afraid enough of dying and going to heaven. . . I certainly don't want to go to hell." He said even as the associate pastor was preaching on prayer last night he kept having these thoughts. He said he just put his face in between his legs and said, "Satan, I rebuke you in the name of Jesus."
First of all I told him He needed to pray and talk to God about it . . .b/c although God already knows all of this is going on . . . and can see what is happening in the spiritual world. . . that with Alec (my son) talking about it with the LORD, it deepens his relationship with Him. Then I told him he MUST fight Satan with God's words OUTLOUD. So last night as I myself drifted off to sleep I could hear my the voice of my boy reading God's word outloud. I know he did this for at least an hour.
I think my son is coming to an age where he can no longer live off my faith or my hubby's faith. . . his faith must be JUST that . . . his faith.
Praying for all of you at the LMP staff. Although we have an enemy who is seeking whom he may devour. . . we have an even bigger God who is mighty to save!!! Sending hugs and blessings your way!
It is a privilege and a joy to pray for you all.
Thank you for giving us the privilege to pray for your specific needs! I thank God for His protection over you and pray for it to continue.
Praying for all! Praise God! We have a mighty God and one who cares about us.
It is a privilege to go before the Father on behalf of you all.
Thank you all for being so faithful to the Lord!
I'm praying, too!
Love, Angie xoxo
Praying Now!
Praying & fighting for you. But I want to say THANK YOU - to all of you. Thank you for standing in the front of the line and leading us closer to Jesus. Thank you for showing people the way to have the strongholds and bondages released and for showing them how to stretch out their hand so that God might pull them from the pit. Thank you for your faithfulness to the Lord in ways we will never, ever know this side of heaven. Thank you for pushing a bunch of women you don't know to learn scripture so they can fight against the enemy. Thank you isn't enough - but it will have to do for now. I could go on for a really long time with the list of thank yous and I know the other women on this blog could too.
But one thing came to mind this morning as I was praying for you and against the attacks. False Evidence Appearing Real. "Do not be afraid, (Beth & family) I am your shield, your very great reward." A very wise woman taught us that this week in bible study.
With much love - wielding my Sword for you -
Kim
Praying. I'm seeing an upward trend of attack in several churches where I'm acquainted with members (or maybe I'm just noticing it more?). The church definitely needs to be on our knees in the frontline of battle for those of you who are in front line ministries.
Amanda and all of the LPM family:
Our God is so Powerful and mighty and HIS Hand is definitely upon all of YOU. HE rejoices in all of you and has heard your prayers and now the Heavenly Hosts are listening and singing as so many of HIS daughters are crying out to HIM for Spiritual Healing, for Phyiscal Healing and for Divine protection from the attacks. The enemy is definitely on the prowl right now and we as His children have to be more focused than ever to fight these battles.
One of the many ways we can do that is thru this ministry and that I am thankful for to HIM. Studying Beth's bible studies has opened my eyes to truly enjoying reading the Bible and even better...understanding it. And I know there are so many that feel the same as seen from the outpouring of comments and prayers.
May today be the day HE heals and begins afresh for all of you so you can continue to live for HIM in all that you do. God bless. I love you all!!!
I will be on my knees for your family and the Cottrells. I would love to sit down with a cup of tea and thank all of you for the service to do for the Lord. It has blessed my life in so many ways. I heard just a pastor from Dallas on my local Christian church mention that the enemy seems to be fighting harder recently, I would certainly agree.
But it is one thing to be in the midst of spiritual battle yourself, it is another to have you children affected by it. My mothers heart goes out to you especially.
Love and hugs to all of you!
Praying God's protection and covering over families.
In His love
Marilyn
Attalla, Al
I'm on a church conference road trip...didn't see this till today.
Prayed and praying!
Melana
I will be looking for the Memphis CD/DVD when it becoes available. There is some reason that so many have mentioned sickness trying to keep them away.It sounds like something extra special might be planned in the Heavenlies for that weekend. I will put you and yours,including LPM,in my prayers. Does Beth's family member continue to need prayer for health reasons?
joining you
I count it a blessing to pray for y'all....
Adrienne
Take courage in this:
That EVERYTHING has to go through our Father first...nothing can come to you unless He has allowed it.
Why does He allow it...as in why did He allow things to happen to Job?...To reveal His SOVEREIGNTY and our FUTILITY....and for us to depend on Him for the VICTORY. There is great peace and REST when one comes into the realization that Father is in control of ALL THINGS...that the enemy has to get permission first to attack/try/tempt any of Father's children.
There is only ONE overcomer and that BE Jesus Christ...for He is the overcomer WITHIN...He is the one who makes us overcomers and you can only be an overcomer if you OVERCOME things, situations, circumstances (praise the Lord that He gives us the grace...for it is ALL His grace that we can do anything!)
Interesting that you quoted from Revelation....hmmm....sounds like the Lord is teaching all of you some very practical lessons about overcoming right now....smile.
Oh, and BTW, His timing is all over this blog...even down to when you posted it....notice the time...1:44....(as in OVERCOMER...144,000)
Oh how I love you Lord!
May His peace clothe you as you take comfort and rest in knowing that your Abba is in control.
Dear one you sound like Job...
Lord help me finish the task You have placed before me. In the name of Jesus help me defeat the enemy.
oddly enough, this was the text from our scripture reading at choir retreat this weekend. And person after person came to the front to tell of the seasons of hardship and trial God has just brought them through.
We aren't preachers, but we do lead (to a certain extent) the worship service and our choir has been under attack for quite a while. But we are praising God for a glimpse of Himself.
Agreeing with all that's been said here, especially in reference to Memphis. It can be no coincidence that things are coming to a peak during this week before LPL Memphis when so many of us that have been brought together by this little ol' blog here will meet together to hear a word from our Lord. It doesn't surprise me one stinkin' bit that Satan would try to attack on so many fronts. It's the same ol' story. Rest assured we are praying. I am praying you guys had been on my mind and heart a lot over the last 24 hours - well before I even saw this post.
Be ye warned you foul snake, deceiver, father of lies, and one who is out to kill, steal and destroy. You will NOT get the victory. You will not kill our spirit, steal our joy or destroy our gathering in one week. You WILL NOT!
and Amen.
Much love to y'all from the fair city to your north (Fort Worth, that is)
Donna
I will be praying, too...
love,
Audrey
GOD IS FAITHFUL TO US AND WE GIVE HIM ALL THE PRAISE!!!
Prayers have been said and will continue to be prayed.
GG2002
AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!
My family has also been in the midst of warfare. It's been tough.
I have memorized 2 Thes. 3:3 (which is my memory verse this time) and have been praying it over my family continuously.
What Satan uses to harm us, God WILL use for his glory!
I will be praying for you all today, as well.
Praying for all of you and your families. Can't thank you enough for this post. Had some "stuff" going on that I couldn't put my finger on and then you called a spade a spade and through the Grace of God I then knew what was up. Get on your armour, take your stand against the devil's schemes, and beat that bad boy down!
I just read your mom's post also, but I'll just respond to both of them here.
Thank you both so much for sharing with all of us and especially thank you for your prayers on our behalf. We're all in this thing called life together, and it can surely be quite interesting!
May I shout out a praise? My husband has been a Christian for a long time, but he has really been going through a hard season in his life where he's questioning many, many things. For a while I was nagging him to get back in the Word on a more regular basis, but eventually God laid it on my heart to just let go and let Him have His way with him. Long story short, we are now doing one of your Bible studies together, and I'm absolutely loving it! We had a long discussion together last night about all the confusion going on in our lives, but we ended our evening by doing one of our lessons TOGETHER!!! Praise the Lord for how He's brought this about! We even talked about our need to just keep moving forward in FAITH!
I'm moving to my prayer chair right now to dive into the Word, and I will surely pray for all of you as well.
I have been coming to the Revelation study under a cloud of despair. A family close to my heart has suffered so much tragedy in the last 2 years that I have been saying over and over again, "it's too much." Tuesday night spoke to my heart so dramatically as Beth read chapters 4 and 5 of Revelation, and continually had to stop and say, "it's too much." Our precious Lord began to speak to my sprit using the same words to heal me that I had been crying out on behalf of this family.
What an awesome God we serve! He is NOT ENOUGH, oh praise you Jesus, YOU ARE TOO MUCH!
My prayers are with you and the Cottrells and the whole ministry. When I see the power of God's word being spread at the LPM events, and through the bible studies.. it stuns me... both how raw and needy we are and how His word goes out and fills every need. He who is in you is greater than he who is in this world. I'm believin' GOD for you and me!!!!
Jan
My prayers are - and will remain - with everyone involved in LPM. This ministry changed my life several years ago when I first studied Daniel. To this day, my day is not complete until I do some Beth Moore homework. :-)
I find myself having to rebuke Satan more and more often throughout the day lately. It seems he certainly knows his days are numbered and is anything but happy about the increasing number of believers who shout the Lord's praises to the rooftop.
Thank you for all you do for Siestaville!
Thank you Amanda for sharing. I'll be praying, love you all.
Any time the book of Revelation is studied Satan attacks. He does not want this particular book even opened. May God protect you, sustain you, and may He be glorified.
Karlys
La Place, LA
Praying that Satan be KNOCKED DOWN AND OUT and praying that you and your family stays healthy!
OH how I hope that the Revelations study will be available on DVD or CD!! I am just sick that I am not able to make it because of Chris' schedule! Revelations makes my head spin, in a good way, and I love. I hope to be able to dig in with you girls even if it is in a few months!
We have certainly seen an increase in Satan's attacks lately here, too. He is working extra hard on the Saints these days. We have stepped up our prayers and Bible study and are standing firm, praise God! We pray for your ministry every Wednesday night in our Bible study group (we are doing Esther and enjoying every minute of it!!) I will pray for all of you every day. I love you and praise God for what you do! May God be glorified!!
Lord, do not let Satan have His way with the beloved saints at LPM and the cottrells as well, Lord. Help those mom's to be able to love and care for their children as they also serve us. In Jesus Name. Amen.
Amanda, I am in prayer for your family, LPM team and the Cottrell family. So thankful Annabeth is okay. Satan knows his time is short and he is furious, but we have overcome him by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony. Love you, sweet one.
praying..
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28 (NIV)
Valerie
Fultondale, AL
Wow, I was wondering where you all were in Rev. on the Tues. night study. I have been praying for you all on Tuesdays especially. I pray that every thought would be taken captive to His obedience, and that He would surround you with His deliverance, as He already has it seems! I am just now learning, still learning how to fight the good, noble fight. I know that He is greater in me than he who is in the world. The enemy knows that his time is short. But, we can stand. We have Him, his armor, His Word, faith. Like Job, no matter what happens, we must trust Him. We must submit, therefore to God, resist the devil, and he will flee from us. No weapon formed against you (and what God is doing through you) with prosper. We cry out to Him, and fear Him, and we are encamped around and delivered. That is all I know. I am still learning. Rev. is such a purifying, heavenly focus giving book. I will definitely pray for you all:)
katiegfromtennessee
Amanda,
I read your post last night just as I was leaving to go to my Esther study. I printed it off and took it with me. I read a portion of it to the ladies there and you all are in our prayers.
darcy
So grateful for your ministry and your hearts! Praying for you all!
When I was walking today, I prayed for all of you guys! May God protect your family!
I am praying right now! In Jesus' Love Kathy Knoblock
I will be praying.
I, too, am so thankful for the way you serve us as you serve Him.
Just saw this post. I will be praying. Love you guys.
Suzi
Praying for you! I have been feeling the attack of the enemy as well. Strange how its happening now, when God is moving in a new way in my life. To Jesus be all the Glory!
You are all so precious and are doing such mighty deeds for the body of Christ. I love this verse from Zechariah 2:5 as a picture of how I'm praying God will protect you all...
"And I myself will be a wall of fire around it," declares the LORD, "and I will be its glory within."
Asking Him to protect you all with His wall of fire and that He will be your glory within!
Stand firm!!!
It is not just you and your family going through this. Several of the families in our church have been hit hard in the last 10 days, both physical and emotional situations that we feel were directly related to turning us from serving The One Who Is Worthy! Hang in there and know that we are praying for you.
Thanks Amanda I believe all believers are experiencing more brutal attacks because the enemy knows his time is drawing near. PRAY! PRAY! and PRAY! some more.
My 2-year grandson came down with hives a week ago which the doctor said to be the result of a viral infection. Fever came, his whole body was covered in places bleeding from pain and scratching. He is okay now...the hives gone. A scary time for my daughter and her husband, both very much believers.
I'm going through a time of 'confusion' unlike anything in my life so far (57 years old). Love the Lord, ministry leader for women, serving the Lord very much a priority...nothing more important to me than honoring Him. Am spending time with a friend now (we live on opposite coasts) who has described almost endless trial and much unbelief (many not saved in her family).
As was shared at Deeper Still in Orlando, I agree that this is a time of birthing pains.
God we need Your clarity!
Know that I am praying for all of you...
Thank you for your ministry!
"the Lord protects the righteous" somewhere in Psalms. I'm enduring a similar season, BUT GOD...AND GOD...He keeps showing up faithful as is His character. Praise you God for protecting LPM and their families. Thank you for being ever-present in our hearts, minds, and bodies. We love you Lord.
Heather G.
Charlotte, NC
And pray we will.... thank you for sharing so we may also lift you up. Please know you are making an eternal difference in so many lives. We love you and God loves you so very much! You are precious. Thank you for your faithfulness and steadfastness.
Now unto the God eternal, Majestic and Mighty - our sweet and Loving Lord, who sits enthroned above the flood, come Lord Jesus and surround your servants with an overwhelming sense of Your presence, love, and protection. Tuck them safely under Your wing, and lead them safely on. Make the rough places smooth. Heal, protect, restore, and make Your face to shine upon us. Who is like you Lord? - Our everlasting God, our Creator, who fills heaven and earth, our Shepherd - thank you that You give power to the weak, and to those who have no might You increase their strength. And Father, we praise You, and thank You, and wait on You to renew our strength so that we may mount up with wings (of faith), like eagles. Keep us from the evil one, deliver us from his scares and destruction, for Thine is the power and the glory! Thank you that you rule over all. You are our King, O God; command victories for Amanda, and all your servants at Living Proof, and their families. Bless Your people with peace and may we honour You in everything and be Your delight. In the sweet name of Jesus we pray and say thank you, Amen.
Oh Amanda - it is such a privilege to pray for you and your family, the LPM staff and their families, and the Cottrells too.
I have been listening to that series from David Jeremiah about "Slaying the Giants in Your Life" too. It is very practical. Today was about the giants of envy and jealousy.
Bless you sweet girl, and your husband and your precious little ones.
May God hold you all in the Hollow of His Hand,
Much love AND Prayers,
GA Jan
that's the same scripture we studied last night! awesome stuff! It's great how the Spirit moves like that! The Lamb who was slain..is STANDING!!!!!!!!!!
Praying Praying Praying! We in our family have been going through the same thing. Last month in one week we had three things happen to us that could be no big deal or a really big deal. Satan attacked and I gave in for a moment, but in that same moment I called on sisters to pray because I knew we were under attack. Just this week while my husband was away, we were fighting illness again. I called again upon friends "I am being attacked!" My first year in ministry in MOPS as the coordinator my kids were sick so often. We are more powerful joined together in prayer than Satan could ever be. I am so glad we have a God who has won the battle for us! Praise HIM above all else. Thank you for asking for prayer for this. We come before God united and grateful for His hearing the cries of our hearts. Bless you LPM family!
It seems a bit silly to add one more comment, but I have to. I am a leader in my church, especially organizing and leading Beth Moore studies. :) We just started Esther a couple of weeks ago. I have been under physical attack this week,too. This is always the area Satan attacks me, but there is something different about this, as you said. God gave me Psalm 63 today. Thought it might encourage you and your family.
God's time is perfect. I can confirm this attack here in NY. The Lord called me to write a book of devotionals for care-givers. I did, and I am so blessed for having done it. He also led me to have a business plan...I feel a little like I just built an ark on land! In the meantime, as money gets tighter, the attack has been intensified: Husband with Lyme (again) me with uncalled for anxiety for a week, daughter at the age of 13 with a lump in her breast that needs to be biopsied. Sigh...
I am believing God. I know, that I know, that I know.
You are not alone. I know you know this, but my mom use to call it a communion of suffering. It fits. God bless dear sisters. I include you in my prayers and I count it my great privilege.
I pray every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for LPM but I will spend some extra time lifting everyone up before the throne. You know the Lord is up to something that will be amazing when such warfare comes.
Love ya'll so much!
I always pray for you but it helps to now pray specifically for you and all of LPM! What a KINGDOM work you are doing! No wonder the evil one is so ticked!!
Dear Heavenly Father,
I come before your Throne reverently and humbly and yet so thankful that I can come confidently and boldly covered by the Blood of the Lamb. Father, what a honor and privelege to intercede for my Siestas at LPM. They are such faithful servants and the enemy has waged war against them.
We declare in the mighty name of Jesus Christ the Risen Lord that no weapon formed against them shall prosper. God, thank you that you have given your angels charge over all of them so they won't even as much as stub their big toe. We rebuke and bind any form of sickness that would try to muster its way in. We cast off diseases and illnesses in the name of Jesus. Father, I ask that you would post warring angels on the perimeter of each of their properties as well as that of LPM Office Building to protect them and shield them.
Father, thank you that we have your WORD that is sharper than any two edged sword with which to do battle. Thank you that Jesus Himself is interceding for Beth and all of her family and staff.
Put your Holy Hedge of Protection around them we pray. We plead the blood of Jesus over each of them, their spouses, their children, their siblings and whoever else the evil one may want to inflict harm upon. We cover them from the crown of their heads to the souls of their feet.
Holy Spirit, we ask that you would go into each of their homes and places of business and take up full residence in every single nook and cranny. Give them sweet slumber knowing that they are covered and protected.
We cast off any fear and ask for an increased measure of faith. We cast aside anxiety and praise you, O God, for peace in the midst of all storms.
Thank you so much Dear Father that we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses in the Heavenlies and that we are also surrounded by such a great company of siestas that we do not have to do battle alone. Thank you for the FAMILY OF GOD! Thank you for allowing us to stand in the gap for our siblings in Christ.
Father, thank you for being so faithful. Thank you that it is DONE in the name of Jesus.
For it is in HIS MIGHTY NAME - the NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES that we pray!
AMEN and AMEN!!
I don't want to take away from what you all are going through. But, it sure has spiritual warfare in this home. Our business is having a hard go it, my sons are not walking with the Lord and are making some wrong choices and now I receive an invitation from one of my older sons to my granddaughters 3rd birthday party, only me of course, he does not want anything to do with my husband and his brothers. That just plain hurts. I have not seen her in almost two years. He does not even contact me anymore. Doesn't it bother him? Sorry, I am just so hurt right now and my husband just does not understand. I am hanging on to God with everything that I have. I am so thankful that I can do that.
Thanks for listening!
Love you guys and praying for you all.
i'm going to this Bible study and just love Beth Moore but was not thrilled about the subject matter this time, Revelation, really? However, it is blowing me away! i actually could feel the power of God the last lesson, and believe me, i needed it! i felt like i had a cloud over my head for the last couple of weeks, and i felt it lifted! also, the Micah 7:19, i'm not sure if i got the address right, but i've been praying that over a friend who God placed on my heart that night. Glory to God! Amanda, you are right, wherever big things happen, there will always be spiritual warfare! I will be praying for LPM! -- anonymous
Ladies, I want to thank you for the opportunity to pray on your behalf last night.
I just took authority and prayed that the attack cease. Nothing fancy or wordy - because really, we need you all to keep doing the amazing work you are each doing in His Powerful Name.
Your faith will receive this and I can't wait to hear about what specific plan God has for you all that is coming up that Satan is so terrified about !!!
Praying for ya'll! God will prove Himself mighty!
Amanda, I will be praying Jer 17:7-8 for you. I asked the Lord what to pray for you and this is where my page fell open to. May this verse become a lifesyle for you more that it already is. Also, quick observation for Rev 5:6. I found in my bible commentary notes that the word Lamb "arnion" is used 30 times in the NT. 29 times in Revelation and once in John 21:15. I not sure why. I only speculate. Isn't that interesting? Take care. Meditate on Jer 17:7-8. I want this in the inmost places!
You are always in my prayers..always.
Angela
Mansfield TX
lifting you up in prayer right now, how brazen is our enemy to attack our very children, the heart of our lives...but praise God..he is the overcomer of the world and of the enemy. The battle has been won and He is stands alone! Praise Him who sits on the throne at the right hand of the father. Lord, right now I pray that you would surround the LProof team with a hedge of protection, cover them with the blood of the lamb.
Out of warfare arises the power of the Saints. Really, Satan is not so bright. Will add my prayers.
On a side note: When my daughter (now 20) got strange hives when she was about 11 months old, it was our first clue to an ever worsening food allergy. Turned out to be tree nuts for her. Just something to watch for.
PRaying for you all. The enemy is roaring because he knows his time is short. It makes me think of Paul's statement about pressing on towards the goal for which Christ has called us heavenward. we will keep pressing on. I pray this for may dear sisters at LPL
I will be interceding for all of you at LPM and the Cottrells. Yes there is a mighty battle going on, the times are dark, but as I was reminded of im The Truth Project, which by the way I highly recommend, the light overpowers the darkness, not the other way around. It sure feels like the dark is overpowering the light to me at times, but I love the reminder. I love those verses in Revelation. I am doing The Patriarchs study right now and have been so encouraged at Abraham's intercession for the people of Sodom and how God esteemed Abraham and called him his friend. I am so blessed by Beth's study's and by this blog. I went to The Women of Faith in Phoenix this weekend - which was totally His doing - free tickets - an answer to prayer, and have felt attacked this week, all 3 of my 3 young boys have one-by-one came down with the flu. Plus just the daily dose of discouragement is enough to get me in a pit of depression, but He is faithful and He is with is and greater then the enemy. So we are playing hookey from homeschool this week and nursing and praying my boys back to health! Will gladly lift up all at LPM and Travis and family. Thanks for the blessings you all are to me!!!
Continuing to keep all of you at LPM and your entire families in prayer!! Have a request of my own- so many currently are sick with H1N1 in our area, Sweet babes and young children really struggling with this. Please lift up the ones who are ill, their parents and the doctors and nurses who work so tirelessly to help them. Thank you LORD for being the author of healing. Praise YOU!! Lovingly, Katie Sherrill, NY
Post a Comment
<< Home