Monday, February 19, 2007

The Big O-N-E!!!

Hey, my dear Sistas! I've missed talking to you guys! I'm captive for a few minutes at the hair salon with my head under one of those warmers while my color bakes. A Texas woman wouldn't be caught dead without some kind of color on her hair. Besides all the wonderfully Spiritual things it obviously means, here in Texas to be rooted and grounded means that until your fresh-rooted, you need to be grounded. I may miss other things, but I do NOT miss my hair appointments.

I've been busy as a bee since the last I touched base with you. I had a lot of getting ready to do for our Detroit Living Proof Live event then hopped on a plane bright and early Friday morning to see faith become sight. The team and I totally dug our group. Though God was faithful and present Friday night, we spent most of it warming up then really sensed the power of the Holy Spirit drop on us first thing Saturday morning. I don't know about them but I didn't feel Him let up until after we left. (Still felt Him so strongly on the plane that I sobbed part of the way home.) Seventeen women (three over 60, two under 16) made public professions of faith in Christ Jesus on Saturday. I felt the freedom of God to do something really unusual for the last session. He had given me clearance to finish up our topic at the end of the second session and save the third one for personal testimony. It was Jackson's first birthday and my heart was so tender over all the miracles God has performed in our family that I wept through much of the session. If you and I have known each other long, you know how unusual that is. I may tear up but I almost never cry out-right while I'm teaching but I did this time. I was overwhelmed over the faithfulness of my merciful God. I wanted the women to have hope, no matter how hopeless things looked in some of their families, that nothing is too hard for God. I wanted them to learn to pray BIG and to do everything it took to cooperate with God so that He could be loosed to work wonders. I am jealous for others to see the same transformation in Christ that our family has experienced and I KNOW if He did it for us, He will do it for anyone.

The event was calendared well before Jackson was born but, thankfully, ending the engagement at noon enabled me to make it to Amanda's by late afternoon that day and well before the party the next day. I'm so grateful to Amanda for her understanding and willingness to save the big party for Sunday afternoon. It turned out to be such a sweet plan because Amanda and Curt, Curt's parents, and Keith and I were able to have our own time with Jackson on Saturday to open presents and gush over him. He wasn't so overwhelmed that he was oblivious to all he had gotten. We are so blessed! The affectionate little thing seems to love both sets of his grandparents so much and we love each other. Both families get along really well.

Sunday was the big party at the Gymboree and Jackson was the best little host you can imagine. HE LOVED IT! He laughed and showed off and played his little heart out. I'm such a baby nut that the party was the next best thing to Heaven. The room was full of Jackson's toddler buds who'd come to celebrate his big day. I laughed my head off at all their mannerisms and expressions and the hilarious ways they interacted. The baby girls had huge bows on their heads and, oh, their shoes!!! No wonder we girls grow up with shoe obsession! I've come to love all of Amanda's fellow moms vicariously through her. I had the biggest blast watching all of them together. I'm going to ask Amanda to post some pictures of the big day so I can go ahead and be completely shameless. Thank you so much for humoring me. Our weekend, from beginning to end, was deliciously wonderful and full of God's grace. I'm honored to share this part of our family life with you and humbled that you would let me. Pray big, Girls. You've got a big God.

47 Comments:

At February 19, 2007 at 3:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do have a big God. I sometimes feel the situation I am in is just too big. So your words go straight to that doubt.

I am glad you enjoyed your grandsons big day.

Love ya
Lori in Florida

 
At February 19, 2007 at 3:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think Jackson should have a party like this waiting for you after every big event! What joy, refreshment and peace for your soul!

 
At February 19, 2007 at 3:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
Every time you and Amanda post something it goes along PERFECTLY with what I want to share next with you. So, here it is. (It's about our BIG God!)
I own about 10,000 movies and I just bought one on Friday night. You've probably seen it. (If you haven't, SEE IT! PLEASE!) Actually, Beth, it goes along with the current Bible study you're writing. "One Night With the King" is the story of Esther. My favoite line from the movie is my favorite line out of ALL the movies I've seen. Esther says to the King's eunich, after he tells her not to approach the king uninvited, (which is not part of the Biblical story, I know,) but, she tells him. "I will approach the king the way David approached Goliath and the Philistines. David did not win because he fought well, he won because he believed well!" YES! I realize that that is not a verse in the Bible, but it is truth! Esther also belived well!

Believe well, sistas! Belive well, Beth!

I'm off to have coffee with my big sister at STARBUCKS!



Love you so much,
Kristi

 
At February 19, 2007 at 4:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so as i'm reading this post i am picturing God watching us at one of your events...Read from "Sunday was the big party" -thru-" oh, their shoes! " Of course we'll let miss beth play hostess...that way we girls get to wear those bows!!!! But honestly can't you hear Him?

 
At February 19, 2007 at 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda and Mama Beth,
You have NO IDEA how this blog has blessed me since you've been gone! I now have two new email-pals that I love so much and only know through LMP blog commenting!! :)

Through our recent emailing I have learned that I was actually separated at birth from one of them! (Even though our age difference makes that entirely impossible.) You will never know the eternal fruit that this craziness blog sista family has brought to my life!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!! :)

 
At February 19, 2007 at 4:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,

I was one of the 7,100 women who was blessed by the conference in Detroit this weekend. I attended with some of my dearest friends, so your topic was so tender for all of us. Saturday was amazing and I'm still feeling filled up as I recall the way He used you so powerfully to speak of His grace and redemption. The praise and worship was so powerful and Travis and his team shone with His love as they led us into His presence.

Thank you so much for serving so faithfully and for sharing your life and heart and your love for Jesus!

Blessings,
Becky from Kalamazoo

 
At February 19, 2007 at 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
My sweet friend and cousin's wife gave me your book yesterday for a birthday present. I have been salivating to buy it, but was waiting to use my birthday money. I didn't have to! She gave it to me saying, "I know you came out of a pit, so I wanted you to have this". I don't know how many pits I have been in (more than I can count and more than I may ever know). I have been in pits that were like a pot-holed East Texas country road that just rocked me until I couldn't keep balance and fell flat on my nose. I have been in pits that were so deep that only the love of God could gently lift me and wipe the dust off, as only He can. But you, my sweet teacher, have for over ten years (for me) taught and I have caught! Anyway, I began the book this afternoon and wept over the sweet love your Keith has for you. I love a good love story and girl, you have one that is worth reading and hearing about! Thanks for being willing to bring to light, the hard stuff. By the way, Amanda, I pray at the zoo, too! Once a blue monkey did a dance right in front of me and my family...and the lion roared and yawned really big. I clapped for God!! probably even thought, "Delight!"
Bless you sisters...you are precious!
Holly Smith
Monument, Co

 
At February 19, 2007 at 4:37 PM , Blogger boomama said...

You know what I love?

A woman who blogs while having her color done.

Rock on, sister friend.

And now I can't get the second part of Ephesians 3:17 out of my head: "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love...." (emphasis mine, of course. Paul probably wasn't thinking about hair color when he wrote that, now was he?)

:-)

 
At February 19, 2007 at 5:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I scrolled through the party pics...what a fun party y'all had!! Thanks for sharing, Amanda!

Beth, thank you for the encouragement concerning families. I NEEDED that today. We are dealing with some very complicated family situations that, truthfully, seem hopeless...but, I KNOW that is not the truth. God has been faithful to encourage my husband and I thus far, so we know He won't stop until the journey is completed. But let me tell you...this ain't no easy journey!:) I appreciate your testimony of what God did in your family, it spurs us on to have faith for our own situation.
Mandi
p.s. I'll see you Sat. at GABC!! Yippeee!

 
At February 19, 2007 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Deena Peterson said...

Yes, dear, sweet Beth...reading about God's abundant blessings on your precious family encourages my heart greatly. I love you like a dear sister-friend, and I long for the day in eternity when we can finally sit, face to face, and I can say "Thank you."

 
At February 19, 2007 at 5:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does it mean or what do you experience when you say that the Holy Spirit dropped on you? I don't know if I have ever experienced that before. I am a Christian and love God very much but this puzzles me. Thank you so much for any comments.

 
At February 19, 2007 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,
Thank you for coming to Detroit and braving the cold! We were so blessed through you, Travis and the worship team. I could go on and on about it! I was crying right along with you as you gave your testimony. Beth, I relate to you because our backgrounds are VERY similar, all the way down to the off white wedding dress. But in my case, it wasn't rented, it was on the clearance rack. You see, on Friday, my husband and I will celebrate 15 years of marriage. I had his baby when I was a seventeen year-old girl. During that difficult time I began to seek God; I know now He was wooing me. We married a week away from our son's first birthday. I was 18 and he was 20; our parents were against it and said it would never last. And there began a little family, without two nickels to rub together. But the Lord proved faithful to us, He met every need and knitted our hearts together. Through the years, we've had ups and downs, we buried our infant daughter, we went on to have 2 more boys. Now, here we are. Together and in love. So I understand having your heart tendered by the unfathomable grace of God. He gave me Isaiah 43:19 to reflect on this week. Fifteen years ago when it seemed impossible, God made a way in the desert. I am awed and prostrate-on-the-floor-sobbing humbled...

'Who am I, O Sovereign Lord, and what is my family that you have brought me this far?'...

In His Love,
Veronica

 
At February 19, 2007 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Beth and Amanda, Thank you once again for sharing your life in word and pictures. It's such a joy to read about the LPL conferences and welcome our new sistas in Christ. I loved the part about the Lion at the zoo. "God's Favor"
Carolyn

 
At February 19, 2007 at 6:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do have big God..but when you said, "Pray big, girls. You've got a big God." It pricked my heart so much. I needed to hear that.
Sounds like a full weekend full of God's blessings!
Blessings to you. Patty

 
At February 19, 2007 at 6:20 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Beth-

I just wanted to thank you for your ministry to those of us at the Detroit Living Proof Live this past weekend! It was amazing!

I was unable to attend Friday night because my baby girls were both sick. Saturday morning I literally felt a spiritual battle going on in my bathroom as my flesh wanted to go back to bed but my spirit, or rather, the Holy Spirit was telling me to get into the shower and get myself to the conference!

I do not have words to tell you how blessed I was that you shared your testimony. I am not familiar with your testimony, but I know that God used it to touch my heart. I have been struggling with a particular sin for years and it has gotten so bad lately. As I heard you share, I just knew that that was the reason God wanted me there. I have been a Christian for so many years, but I have hardened my heart recently and the fruits of the Spirit are definitely lacking.

THANK YOU!!!! Thank you for your honesty, tears, and telling us women like it it. That is what I needed to hear and it is lacking in so many churches today. Thank you to you and your team for praying for all of us for the past year. Please know that a whole lot of us will continue to need prayer as we move forward to get rid of the sin in our lives and put God first again!

God Bless you and your family! And congratulations on such a wonderful birthday celebration!

Melissa in Michigan

 
At February 19, 2007 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

My heart rejoices with your family. My little girl will be 2 soon and the days fly by. (And yes... she always has on big bows in her hair and precious, stylish, little shoes, but nothing beats running around the house in her mommy's heels- I am always missing a shoe!!)
Much Love, Jackie

 
At February 19, 2007 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Granny Beth,
I am so thrilled that you had no delays getting to Jackson's party! God is Good!! The pictures are adorable and I loved what Amanda wrote! Thank you both for sharing Jackson's day with us sistas! I am with BooMama on the color thang! I understand that and I admire a woman who gets her hair colored and blogs at the same time. As a woman from Tennessee, we don't mess around with our hair/hair color either. Speaking of which, my roots need a touch up! While on the hair subject, your hair is gorgeous! It's funny because I commented somewhere in our "blob" that for your conferences I always pray that God will do something unique that he has never done at your events and it sounds like he did that!! Hearing what God has done in your family gives me hope for all of our family. We do have a BIG God and I am believing him right now for some BIG things! I am praying for your busy work week and we are so excited about the Simulcast this Saturday. May God's Presence fall on every host church and the church you will be at in a BIG way and yes God, do something we would not expect and display your power among all of us!!
Love,
Patty

 
At February 19, 2007 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Kristi B. said...

I was praying for you and the event this past week-end. I am so glad the Holy Spirit poured Himself out abundantly. I too spoke to a group of about 30 women over the week-end. I bawled my eyes out during the invitation. God is so good!

I know you are proud as punch over that adorable grandbaby!

Can't wait to "see" you this week-end during the simulcast. We may not share the same physical location but we will share the same spiritual one.

Our God is one big God that sure has been faithful to some big haired women. (I am originally from West Virginia and now live in North Carolina. Need I say more? Big color treated hair rules!)

Love ya sista
Kristi B.

 
At February 19, 2007 at 7:22 PM , Blogger holly said...

Beth,
If only I could have a mama like you. Our family situation, well it seems impossible. I am married with my own 2 sweet kids, but I don't think my mom will ever stop hurting me. I just finished Believing God, and I am going to pray big. I needed that reminder that absolutely nothing is impossible for Him. I am almost desperate to see Him do something outstanding in my family. I know He loves them more than I do, and desires for them to love Him, too. I want to be the one to break the generational cycles of sin, and allow GOD to make me into the woman He created me to be! Y'all have a blessed family! Enjoy every moment!
holly

 
At February 19, 2007 at 7:44 PM , Blogger alicia said...

Dear Beth...

I was 1 of those fortunate to be at the weekend in Detroit. I've seen you several times and done most of your studies and I can honestly say I've never seen you that way. You were incredible and I've never seen you cry like that. It was such a tender and touching moment and I can't even explain the presence of the Holy Spirit I felt. You were dead on the money, girlfriend and I am still on cloud 9 over the weekend. I even blogged about it! (I almost wrote LOL, but that would be a lie... I only smiled!). You are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing about Jackson's birthday... I'm so glad it was a blessed time.

Love ya,

Alicia
South Bend, IN

 
At February 19, 2007 at 7:51 PM , Blogger connorcolesmom said...

Oh how I love to hear God at work and the amazing things He does. Women over 60 coming to profess their faith in Him and 2 under 16 -precious babies!! I just tear up at His faithfulness and how much He loves us!!
I am now singing Chris Tomlin's song - "Indescribable" from his LIVE from Austin City music Hall CD (great praise CD)- "He know the depths of our soul and loves us the same - you are amazing God!!"
Praise Him Praise Him!!!!!!!

 
At February 19, 2007 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Tracey, in MI said...

From helpless to hopeless to Desperate... for GOD.....a BIG God. Thnx fpr reminding me. And thank you for being a part of what God is continuing to do in my marriage.

 
At February 19, 2007 at 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Pray big, Girls. You've got a big God."

That statement is worth repeating and remembering!

Much love,

Sarah, TN

 
At February 19, 2007 at 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,

I was also at the Detroit Conference this past weekend and all I can say is Thank You. Especially for giving up your time on the weekend of your precious grandson's birthday! I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much!

I agree that God really moved in that place on Saturday. He spoke through you loud and clear!

I will never ever ever forget the feeling in my heart as I heard 7100 women singing "Shout to the Lord" acapella, and how it continued even after you all left the stage. We know it's not about you (even though ya'll are awesome), it's all about HIM!

What a beautiful sound it was to my ears and I'm sure to God's as well. The tears were flowing and I couldn't even finish the song for fear that I would completely break down and have a good "ugly cry." (in the words of Oprah!)

Thank you for making God more real to me than I ever thought He could. Because of your studies and this conference, you have opened my eyes to God's presence and I truly yearn for him like I never have before. My life is forever changed because of your ministry and testimony!

I give Him all the Glory but I thank you for being the vessel!

Have a wonderful week and enjoy that Texas Sunshine! We need some of that up here!

In Christ's Love,
Kacy

 
At February 19, 2007 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I was at the Detroit conference and was truly blessed. Your humility was so refreshing and attractive. I was blown away by the tenderness of your heart. I sobbed like a baby as Travis gifted us with the song, "Annies Song." I want you to know that God used that song to show His intimate love for me. It has been the cry of my heart for the past few weeks that I might not only know my God as creator, or Jesus as King, but that I would know my God as Abba. My earthly father died 5 years ago today. I came to know Jesus as a teenager during the time when my parents were divorcing. The song "Annies Song" was a song that my dad would sing to my mom during the good times before lifes struggles ripped them apart. It was a very tender moment for me, that my God would not only meet me...but show me his incredible love. I have been a believer for 22 years. My husband and I have sold out our lives to serve Gods people. Sometimes in the midst of it all it can be incredibly lonely. Being in the position we are in there aren't many people we can confide in. Nobody in our sphere of infulence knows where my heart is. It is sometimes rough. Thank you for being a light. Your words were like a salve to my soul. One last thing...I have an 8 year old son named Jackson Zion. We call him Jacks too! Thank you again, I am still wrapping my brain around it all.

 
At February 19, 2007 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Linda said...

It is such fun to "talk" with you instead of just watching you on the big screen! I know just how much this time with your family blesses you. We have seven grandchildren now, and it just never gets old. God is good!!

 
At February 19, 2007 at 9:39 PM , Blogger salty sister said...

"Take a good look at God's wonders~they'll take your breath away." Psalm 66:5 The Message

Thank You Father. Today, I've been breathless over your wonders!

Veronica, your testimony was so tender. It meant so much to me.

The birthday boy is precious!!!! I especially loved Amandas midnight kiss. How sweet to cuddle a sleeping babe!

 
At February 19, 2007 at 9:41 PM , Blogger janjanmom said...

Beth,
I am amazed and inspired by you. I give God full credit for delivering you from a pit so that you could experience the glory of lending a hand to others still dwelling there. My pits have been numerous and seem very similar to what some of yours were. I appreciate so much that you have managed to be just vague enough and just specific enough for me to think we shared the same pit. Your family amazes me and I hope one day my husband,three girls and I can honor one another through Christ the way your "crew" does. We are still a work in progress, but I am believing God that he will bring us to a point the we can reach into the pit and lend a hand as well.

God bless you, your family and your relevant, soul-baring and real ministry.

A "climber" out of pit #952.

 
At February 19, 2007 at 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
I have been going to your tuesday night devotions, wising up since it started. I have been praying soooooooo big. This weekend God showed me just how big he is. I have a husband who is a very proud man that doesnt feel a need for God. I have been praying about pride and even started a prayer journal. He pulled me to the altar and we prayed together on Sunday. It was fantastic. He had a talk with me and said that he was to prideful and he wanted to make an appointment with the preacher for counseling. Praise God.
I have a special story about a moose and a goose at the zoo. My daughter and I will never forget that special time that God gave us. I thank God for your ministries to us ladies and I pray for you daily.

JdMoore

 
At February 19, 2007 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Little Steps Of Faith said...

It is just so interesting how soon as we turn a certain age we all become so prim and propa lol.
I am 26 like miss Amanda, and I get my nails done, and the hair as you can see in streaked(got it done at walmart too lol), and I got rid of all my teeny bopper clothes. Like God just says one day that today is the day...now that you are rid of your ol' self, be rid of the ol' clothes...and live Phillipians 4:8, " whatever is true whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely think of such things."

Secondly, God is a BIG God, and boy does He remind us sometimes ladies lol.

lotsaluv2U!

ang

 
At February 19, 2007 at 10:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since it's so not about me, I'll get right to the BIG prayer our Bible Study class (Building A House Of Prayer) prayed tonight. Maddie is the three year old granddaughter of one of my sisters in Christ at our church. Several weeks ago, a virus attacked her little heart. Until today, she had been on a heart lung bypass machine. The medical jargon is over my head, so I won't attempt to explain anything. Suffice it to say that according to the update two days ago, a transplant was imminent - according to the update I just read, it may not be necessary after all. That's only one of many mini miracles. At the end of our class tonight, we gathered in a circle, held hands, agreed in prayer, and in the POWERFUL NAME OF JESUS, ON THE AUTHORITY OF GOD'S WORD, WE BELIEVED GOD AND PRAYED BIG for Maddie's healing and full recovery. Beth and Amanda, I was going to write about something else until the Holy Spirit prompted me to testify in advance of this miracle in the making, actually it's a miracle to be confirmed because GOD CAN DO WHAT HE SAYS HE CAN DO - ANYTHING!
PRAYING BIG AND BELIEVING GOD,
Patti

 
At February 19, 2007 at 10:52 PM , Blogger justjuls said...

Wow - comment #31 - if you read this far - I just wanted to say - I am new to Texas - but I am not new to Living Proof Ministries - and I wanted to say HI! You were one of the reasons I was most excited to come to TX - I live a bit east of Houston - but I am hoping that one day I can attend a talk or Bible study of some kind with you in Houston. This has been a difficult season in my life - but as we well know - those are the times when you dig in and push those roots deeper in the wellspring of life found in our Lord.
Bless you - thank you for your ministry - your heart - and for helping to set so many women free!
I stand daily at the top of a slippery pit - but praise God - I am anchored to a TREE!

 
At February 19, 2007 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Little Steps Of Faith said...

I want to comment for the sweet lady that asked about what it means to feel the Holy Spirit...

And what a question..

I feel what is being placed on my heart to tell you is to just ask and TRUST God to show up...I was going to write more, but something tells me that is all I need to say.

 
At February 19, 2007 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Big Mama said...

I love that you stay grounded until your rooted. Cracks me up.

And I'm going to be praying BIG, thanks for reminding me that we serve a BIG God.

 
At February 19, 2007 at 11:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,

I don't even know how to say what I want to say, except for just saying, "Amen!" to Veronica's post. It must be so hard to be so vulnerable. To "lay it all out there". The enemy likes to play mind games with us; to make us feel exposed, like we shared too much. You did exactly what God wanted you to do and there were women listening whose lives will be permanently changed for God's glory. We are so drawn to you for your realness. You are one of us. We struggle with the same things you do. You just have the guts to bring it to the light and expose it to His healing. You teach us that we can do the same -- that God cannot love us more than He does in this very moment. We don't have to clean up our act to come to Him. He transforms us. Cobo Arena was very blessed by you!!! Thank you for your obedience and for your willingness to be so transparent when God calls you to do so.

 
At February 20, 2007 at 2:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
Thank you for reminding me that our God is a Big God! Your words spoke to me and encouraged me about a family situation that seems impossible but I know it is not for our Abba Father! I have a 5 month old granddaughter that I've only seen in pictures but want so much to be a part of her life! I'll keep on believing in God's mercies.
Thanks for the encouragement,
Kathleen

 
At February 20, 2007 at 7:11 AM , Blogger nhlams said...

Beth,
Thank you for teaching us that we have a Big God!!! I was in bondage for so long and am being set free. Yeah!!! We have a great God!!
Love you,
Lyn in NH
p.s. I am going to your conference in Rhode Island in August can't wait.

 
At February 20, 2007 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Donna Dear said...

Yes God is amazing! He used a snow storm to help us out with your simulcast this coming weekend. At our church we are expecting up to 200 women attending the event. We knew we would be faced with a parking problem since we also have Upwards basketball the same day. It was going to be a logistics nightmare. Well, with all the snow our area has faced and all the school cancellations one schools decided to have school on Saturdays. The first Saturday is the day of the simulcast. There will be no Upward games till after our event it over, and this is also allowing more women to come to this event. I got an email from a SAHM of 5 who homeschools is getting to attend because of no Upward games. I also don't have to miss my daughter's last game.

Who knew that God could use school closings and snow? Our ministry team just knows God is going to use you this weekend to reach the hearts of our women.

In Christ,
Donna in Ohio

 
At February 20, 2007 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Leigh @ intentslife said...

We totally dug you guys right back! My friends and I came expecting great things of God and He completely exceeded all of our expectations. I think He went out of His way on Saturday to make sure we could sense the difference between relationships with others and relationship with Him - it was so powerful! Thank you also for sharing from the heart - it was such an encouragement to me in my own set of circumstances. It's Tuesday and I still want to bawl every time I think about our time together with the Lord - He's the greatest!

 
At February 20, 2007 at 12:20 PM , Blogger valerie said...

Beth,
It's so good to hear the praise reports from the Detroit conference. I live in Oklahoma and wasn't sure of the time difference, but prayed several times on Fri. night and on Sat. I pray for you often, but I don't think I've ever been that compelled to pray so much while you were at a conference. I also prayed that you would have no delays and that God would show you favor on the way home. You will be blessed because of your obedience to God and how you minister to others.
I just had a birthday (47!) and my dad is a preacher. He was telling in church Sunday that the day I was born was a Sunday and he got my mom to the hospital, went back to preach, had a funeral the next day and it snowed. He said he didn't see me until Tues. He talked about how God has always blessed our family because we put God first. It's true. I always understood that we were blessed and loved. Yesterday my sister, out of the blue told me she really had you on her mind. I think it's so wonderful how the Holy Spirit causes people to come to our hearts and minds and sometimes we never know what might be going on.
Amanda is a very sweet and tender mother. I know you are so proud of both your girls and proud that they love Jesus so much.
Jackson is simply adorable. Thanks for this blog and for sharing your pictures and events with us.
I'll see you in Louisianna next month!

 
At February 20, 2007 at 1:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I want a grandbaby! But I can wait…for the right order…and may God be glorified in it…but I did take your advice and get some young ones in my life since we haven’t had any babies in the family for a long while! Tyler is his name and he’s five. He makes me smile! God is so good to give us everything in His perfect timing.

 
At February 20, 2007 at 2:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
Thanks for showing the "underside", of your person, of your heart, of your hair! It's inspiring. And hilarious. And OH does the Lord use it. Love in Him, Julie B., Tucson
L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme #9RB

 
At February 20, 2007 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

As a fellow Texan I couldn't agree more, hair in a big deal in the LoneStar State!!
Jackson is precious. Young parents get upset when we say time flies enjoy them, but I say it because young parents do not realize how fleeting time is. You will look back and he will be in High school and you will say where did the time go!!! Happy one Jackson and Happy one as a new mommy Amanda! Enjoy!!

 
At February 20, 2007 at 4:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,

I was so blessed to be able to attend the taping of "Psalms of Ascent" here in Nashville. When I found out that I was getting to go, I ran right over to my friend at work (who is also my hairdresser) to tell her what an incredible opportunity had been just given to me. The first thing she did was look straight up at my hair and say.."We've got to do your roots"!.

 
At February 20, 2007 at 4:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
I was in Detroit this last weekend and just want to say BLESS YOU BLESS YOU BLESS YOU. Your life reveals how the gentle tides of our God's amazing grace produce life abundant!
Julie
Illinois

 
At February 20, 2007 at 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are so humbled that you would share such personal things with us. we will treasure them. just finished daniel last night--thank you for all the hard work....and the exam--hee hee!!

sunday i got to worship with chris t, matt r. and louie g.(i know you guys are buddies:))at continental area. it was the "how Great is our GOd" tour. it did exactly that...remind us of HIS GREATNESS. louie's talk was amazing and the turn out was unbelievable. a little taste of heaven right here in nj:) (we need it sistas!)

ps. i read isaiah 30:19-21 last week after one of my weeping moments. it was like a balm, God's
Word....priceless, for everything money cant buy..the Master's in Charge!!!

 
At February 21, 2007 at 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear friends,
I agree about prayer in zoos (along with every other place!). They sure seem to be places where God's creativity - and sense of humor are shown off. Some animals just seem to be made to make us laugh(bless their hearts). And can you imagine after the peacock goes to all the trouble of showing off his finery - how baffled he must be if the little peahen says "no"?

 

<< Home