Saturday, June 9, 2007

Five Years

I should be packing right now, but I'm stopping in to say Hasta luego! This weekend Curtis and I are dropping off Jackson at Camp Granny and then we're off to a Mexican beach for five days. Why, you ask? On June 15 we will celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary! Praise God!

I think we're more excited about this trip than we were for our honeymoon. And needless to say, we were very excited about that. Maybe it's because we're not planning a party for 600 of our closest friends before we go. We have been working out and trying to eat right since January and now we get to enjoy being as beach-worthy as we were willing and able to get. And I do not plan on dieting on my vacation. Thank You, Jesus!

So if the Lord brings us to mind, pray that Camp Granny will be really fun for camper Jackson, camp director/camp cook Pappaw, head counselor Granny, and co-counselor Melissa. We are praying for great weather and for no crises to pop up at home while we're gone. We're also asking God for a really fun and meaningful time as we just concentrate on each other and celebrate how far we've made it in the marathon of marriage. Not far compared to many of you, but you have to pass five before you get to twenty!

My mom will probably have some good stories to tell next week, but your comment moderator is going to be far, far away from a computer. When your comments don't show up, that's why.

And I didn't tell you this, but someone you love very much has a very special birthday on the 16th. Shhhhh. Don't let on that I told.

Curtis and Amanda - June 15, 2002

Labels: ,

74 Comments:

At June 9, 2007 at 10:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on 5 years. Have fun on the beach.

 
At June 9, 2007 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Little Steps Of Faith said...

Congrats on that Miss Amanda...


I have two quick things.

We were doing a Secret Sister thing at church, and I thought this lady might like " Voices Of the Faithful", so I left it for her, and I found out not only did she want it, but it was the one thing she wanted for her birthday, and praise God, it came from me! We revealed who we were a couple days ago, so I got to hear that awesome story.


I have a lovely story I found reading Reader's Digest, thought you would like to see it.
SO TRUE!!



"But Things Have Changed Lord!

God, deciding that the Earth had become too wicked again, sent down Noah to build another ark and to again save two of every living thing. “You have six months before I send the great flood.” God said.

Six months later, God called in the thunder and lightning and the rain came. He looked down and found Noah very distraught and with not one plank on the boat’s hull.

“Noah, I have started the storm, why is the boat not finished?”

“There have been some construction delays Lord. First I was told I needed a building permit. Then a group called PETA protested saying that it was inhumane to put all the animals in such a small place. Then I was told that because I lived in a flood plain I could not build the ark there. I told them that building it in a flood plain was exactly the point but that did not impress them. My new location was fine but the EPA had to first do an environmental impact study that held up construction until just yesterday!”

Suddenly the clouds cleared up and a beautiful rainbow crossed the celestial horizon.
.
“I’m calling you back.” God said.

“Aren’t you going to destroy the world Lord?" Noah asked.

“What’s the point?” God said. “It looks like someone beat me to it!”

 
At June 9, 2007 at 11:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never seen a more beautiful wedding picture. Amanda---you are glorious. HalleluJAH. Have a wonderful trip. Glory to God. Your Siestas will be praying for you.

 
At June 9, 2007 at 11:19 PM , Blogger Heather's Haven said...

Happy Anniversary! My man and I will celebrate 9 years on the 20th! Ah, June brides... have a fantastic time! I'll be a matron of honor for my dear sister in Christ as she begins the marathon this month. It's a wonderful thing! Love being married!!!! Have fun at the beach!

 
At June 9, 2007 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It keeps getting better! I know it sounds trite, but it is so true! We are celebrating our 13th this year. I know not a huge milestone in comparison to 25, 30 or 40 years but in this day and age every anniversary is one to celebrate! I am more in love with my husband today than I ever have been. God is so faithful! Congratulations Amanda! Have a terrific time celebrating with Curt!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 2:38 AM , Blogger Sweet Tea & Grits said...

Happy anniversary, Amanda! Thanks for sharing your prayer requests with all of us. I will certainly have you and Curtis in my thoughts and prayers this week, as well as Jackson's stay at Camp Granny. :) Relax and have fun! God will certainly bless this time you have set aside to focus on one another. Be blessed!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 5:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Steve Seelig in the background? Did he marry you two?

 
At June 10, 2007 at 5:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to see more wedding pics.!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 8:38 AM , Blogger annette said...

Happy, happy 5th, Amanda and Curt! Congratulations.

Now, Beth if you write much this week, I'll be surprised as I know you will want to participate in every minute.So, all of you have a great week. Welcome home Melissa--how fun is that? And Beth, I won't mention (yet) the BIG day. 'nuf said. Be blessed!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 9:13 AM , Blogger valerie said...

Amanda,
Congratulations to you and Curt. I can't believe it's already been five years!
You two deserve a wonderful vacation. I love the verse in Proverbs 11:25 NIV that says, "A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." You are generous in many ways and this is my prayer for you... that you guys will have much favor and that you will have a time of refreshment! Enjoy!
Beth...
Since we won't be able to have our comments show up for a while, I want to wish you an early "Happy Birthday to You.....Happy Birthday to You....Happy Birthday Dear Beth. Happy Birthday to You!!!"
My new son-in-law, who is precious by the way, shares your birthday!
Enjoy Jackson this week!
Love you all!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Shelly said...

Ohh! I do pray that the two of you can be free from distractions and have a sabbath time of celebrating your marriage in Christ while you're gone. No crises to be burdened by! And be free to enjoy the wonderful food there! Wooh!

And I hope Jackson has fun at "camp." I wonder if he is treated with any VIP treatment? :)

Got my lips sealed on the bday :)

 
At June 10, 2007 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

Yes, it is the Rev. Seelig himself! He is a very close friend of our family and is also on the LPM board of directors. He happens to do great weddings too. Travis and Angela sang and I wish I had a picture of them.

I may try to train my sister to do comments while I'm gone. But there are no guarantees! I'd hate for your birthday messages not to show up.

 
At June 10, 2007 at 9:41 AM , Blogger GratefulBambina said...

HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Amanda and Curt!!!!

maria cristina

 
At June 10, 2007 at 10:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear sweet Amanda, Bless you all this week. My husband and I are Praising God for 12 years of marriage today. Truly our marriage is a miracle and all the Glory is His. Thank you Father. I'm so grateful to have this blog to share with all of you. God is good ALL the time. I know I speak for all my si(e)stas when I say- there better be pictures of Camp Granny!! :)Joyfully, Kim in PA

 
At June 10, 2007 at 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Amanda,
what a beautiful wedding picture. Congrats on 5 years. My dear hubby and I will celebrate 16 years in July. It is hard to believe. Have a wonderful and blessed trip with your dear hubby. Enjoy that beach!!
hugs and love,
Tammy

 
At June 10, 2007 at 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderul trip! Relax and enjoy! It's so good to get away for a few days itsn't it? I have a wonderul sub that allows me to occassioanlly have a break from work and I am thankful! So, Melissa will be a great sub for you!

Take wonderful pictures for us to share your excitement!
Thank you for sharing wiht us.

 
At June 10, 2007 at 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Amanda, and Curt!!! I can't believe its already been 5 years!! Have a wonderful and blessed vacation on the beach. All of us siesta's will be praying for you and curt as well as Jackson and his stay at camp granny's.

P.S. Happy early birthday Beth!!!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Michelle Johnson said...

Congrats on the 5 years! I envy you going on your trip. I hope I can do that soon. :) We are celebrating our 15th this year. :)

 
At June 10, 2007 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Joanne said...

Congratulations Amanda & Curt on your 5th anniversary! Very exciting and I am so glad you are going away, it is soooo important. May God bless your time. Have fun and I'm sure Jackson will have a blast at camp granny's!
Love, Joanne from NH

 
At June 10, 2007 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Linda said...

Happy Anniversary Amanda. Have a wonderful, refreshing, relaxing time. I'm sure everything will be just fine back at Camp.

 
At June 10, 2007 at 12:49 PM , Blogger sara.m. said...

Congrats on your anniversary!
I just returned from the Women of Faith conference in Ft.Lauderdale. It was an awesome time and the first time I got to be there for the pre-conference with Beth. It was great to see her live-we have become friends through the t.v. and Bible Studies, I truly feel like she is a friend.I love the intro in you wrote in her Devotional Book. Many years ago I did my first Bible Study.And my prayer for that study was that I would start reading my Bible more and just have His Word ready in my mind and heart. Well, that was my first meeting with Beth Moore and I was amazed! I knew she had a truly personal, amazing relationship with God and I wanted it to.I knew God wanted that with me, and I was ready for my journey.I am so thankful for her, thankful that she is so open with us about her journey though life with God. She is an inspiration and He has spoken to me through her. When she started speaking on Friday I was sure she had my brain bugged! It was great time! Beth, love you and come back to Florida soon- you can come hang out with me anytime- Girlfriend! ;)

 
At June 10, 2007 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Have a wonderful time at the beach.

Will be praying for those dear camp counselors and camper Jackson. I am so certain he will have such a fabulous time that he'll barely want to come home when you return.

 
At June 10, 2007 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Beth,

Just in case no one can hold down the comment fort during "camp Granny" -- (how I love that!), Have a blessed and Happy Birthday. Just havin' that sweet Jackson to share it with you is almost present enough! Yet, we'd love to hear all about your special day when you have a free moment to share: )

 
At June 10, 2007 at 1:31 PM , Blogger AbbyLane said...

ahh!!! have a great trip!!! i know you are more than excited!!

pale is still "in" but you feel free to come back like a cinnamin angel :)

yes!!! i love secrets ;) wish we could make a blog b-day card for everyone to sign...

 
At June 10, 2007 at 1:55 PM , Blogger connorcolesmom said...

Amanda,
Great picture and happy anniversary!!
We will be praying for a wonderful vacation (great rest, renewed togetherness, wonderful weather, no illness for anyone...)
I know Jackson is going to enjoy going to camp Granny and Pappaw. He is going to get SOO much lovin'. Those are the BEST kind of camps - hehe

By the way all of us sistas we wont say anything about the big special thing you mentioned - now what was it again - hehe
God bless and have a blast!
Kim

 
At June 10, 2007 at 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five years! I thought I'd never make it to five years. By the time we were married five years we had two babies and one on the way.

We will celebrate 12 years this year on July 1.

Congratulations Amanda on your big milestone!

And ~ Beth, I believe that you're birthday is a BIG one this year, RIGHT?! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET BETH! You look GREAT!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 4:31 PM , Blogger TammieFay said...

Congratulations Melissa and Curt! I pray your week will be everything you hoped for. What fun is going to be had by all...and you all so deserve it! Can't wait to hear how God blesses!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Angela Baylis said...

Congratulations, Amanda & Curt! What a beautiful picture... and 600 guests? Wow!!!

I'm sure your boy couldn't be in better hands! Enjoy this precious time together with no worries!

I'm so excited that your Mom has the same birthday as my daughter!!!

Take lots of pictures!!!
Much Love, -Angie

 
At June 10, 2007 at 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Amanda and Curt...have a blessed and relaxing anniversary trip!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 6:35 PM , Blogger su said...

Amanda,
What fun for us to see your wedding picture. In one of your mom's studies she talks about you getting married under a canopy - I enjoyed actually seeing it.

Have a great time on the beach!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Wow - sounds like a wonderful trip! And I can see how you would be much more excited for this getaway than the honeymoon. ;)

The 16th is a big day for me, too. My 30th birthday! How fun to know my special day is a day of celebration for someone whom I greatly admire.

Ya'll have fun and be careful!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Congrats from a new blogger in St. Louis MO.

I am currently on my second time through with your moms Daniel study. It was so full of great stuff I had to take it again for a review. God is so good! His timing is everything in my life.
Enjoy your prince at the beach!
Praying for safety with Jackson as I understand having 3 young boys.
Memories! What memories!

Just celebrated 11 years with my prince,
kate

 
At June 10, 2007 at 10:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Amanda, Happy Anniversary! I am so excited you and your husband are able to get away to celebrate and focus on each other. I pray your time will be romantic, relaxing, refreshing, and a whole lot of fun!

My husband and I were blessed to take our first vacation without our three small boys last year, and it was all I hoped it would be-and then some. How I just love it when God blessses us with "and then somes", don't you??

I will also pray for everyone at camp. I'm sure they will all have a wonderful- and eventful time... (I'm sure boring will NOT be an accurate adjective!!)

Love you much, Jennifer

 
At June 10, 2007 at 10:57 PM , Blogger Lisa Bolling said...

Congrats on your anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful vacation.
Blessings for many, many more years of wedded bliss.

 
At June 10, 2007 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Paulette said...

Cool have fuuuun. Happy Anniversary!
Beth's Birthday is the 16th and mine is the 18th, cool
Blessings

 
At June 10, 2007 at 11:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda,
Congratulations on five years! Hope you have a fabulous time in Mexico! I know Jackson will be spoiled rotten, but that is his grandparents' privilege. Camp Granny will be fun for everyone!

Travel with angels!

 
At June 10, 2007 at 11:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Beth,
Happy Birthday on June 16th! Hundreds of thousands of women are overjoyed that you were born!!! May you have many, many more special celebrations. Hoping your birthday week with Jackson is so much fun. (Take a nap when he does!) May your birthday bring you unexpected blessings!
Love and hugs to you on this wonderful day!

 
At June 11, 2007 at 12:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have to ask: what is that piece of furniture in the right side of the wedding picture?

Just Curious in Colorado

 
At June 11, 2007 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Kristi said...

Congratulations!! We just celebrated our 14th anniversary on June 5th! I am sure Jackson will have a blast at Camp Granny and will never be the same :).

 
At June 11, 2007 at 7:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amanda!
Time goes by so quickly, so I pray that your get-a-way on the beach slows down so that you can receive all that He has prepared for you, and that you and Curt can just recount all the blessings, and smiles are brought forth by all the wonderful memories. Camp Granny is the perfect place for your sweet pea...how fun, can I go?

Many many Blessings!

 
At June 11, 2007 at 7:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS BETH!!!!

I wish that I could deliver this to you in person, as I'm sure millions of other siestas do. So, I send this virtual hug to you and from the deepest part of my God given heart, say you are a most precious lady, and I thank Jesus every day for the way He speaks to me through you. May your special day be so awesome and glorious, may your birthday cake be one to remember...I do hope someone is preparing a special one for you...and may the time your family has planned for you be full of your Father's most AWESOME blessings. Beth Moore, you are an angel of God! Happy Birthday!!!

Tisha from Charlottesville

 
At June 11, 2007 at 7:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amanda!! I'm sure you're already off to the beach and I hope y'all have an AWESOME time. You need that time alone sometimes. I remember in one of Beth's studies she mentioned your Jewish ceremony which always interested me...I love that beautiful picture...if you have time when you get back, will you post more and will you share some of the customs you found in your research? Isn't it awesome to be one of God's chosen? Hebrew or Gentile, chosen is chosen, and I love Him dearly. Love you sista!

 
At June 11, 2007 at 7:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider yourself and your loved ones prayed for! And thanks for the special Bday update! That is the most amazing wedding pic ever! Congrats Amanda! Enjoy your break....
Corrie :)

 
At June 11, 2007 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

Amanda!
Happy Anniversary! My husband and I will celebrate 17 years in September!

What a lovely picture. I remember in one of your mom's studies she mentioned your wedding. I was thrilled to see the picture w/ the huppah. I also remember she stated that Curt walked down the aisle prior to you to lead the way, cut the path??? (wish I could remember how she referred to that)
I thought it was a beautiful way to tie everything together in our Christian faith!

 
At June 11, 2007 at 9:28 AM , Blogger fuzzytop said...

Amanda - Hope you and Curt have an awesome time! Relax and enjoy!



Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Beth
Happy Birthday to you!

Hope you have a wonderful and blessed birthday! Camp Granny sounds wonderful.

 
At June 11, 2007 at 9:34 AM , Blogger jennyhope said...

how gorgeous!!! I will be praying for you guys and camp granny! I know they will do great!

 
At June 11, 2007 at 9:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

how sweeeeet! enjoy each other on the trip. ahhh warm sand between your toes! and praise the Lord for camp granny!!!
-lisa

 
At June 11, 2007 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda, you are so cute! You will miss Jackson so much while away on your second honeymoon and the conversations between you and Curt will be peppered with Jackson. Have fun in Mexico and can't wait to see the picture from both camps.

 
At June 11, 2007 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Sister Lynn said...

Dear Beth,
Here in the convent - we celebrate birthdays not with material gifts but with extra prayers and blessings - before the traditional "Happy Birthday" is sung - we sing this blessing prayer over the birthday girl. Know that we will be praying for you on your happy day on the 16th.

So... imagine yourself surround by 50 nuns with hands extended over you singing these words-

May God bless you with His love
Always fill you with His love
May He hold you in the hollow of His hand
For the Lord is with you in goodness and love
May His light shine out in your heart.

Peace and abundant blessings,
Sister Lynn

 
At June 11, 2007 at 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a blessed and FUN time!
Love Always
Anne F.

 
At June 11, 2007 at 10:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amanda & Curtis. I pray the Lord's blessing on your beach time together.

 
At June 11, 2007 at 11:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE JOURNEY CONTINUES ~
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!
I will be celebrating 25 years in November. My husband surprises me every year ~ this year we are going to Rome! :) I am looking forward to hearing about your trip as well as Jackson's week with Granny. while you were on your anniversary trip ~ my family was moving to a coastal town in california. we took 16 years of memories with us and said farewell to a blessed community called Exeter. Life is Precious so enjoy the moments.
With " Heaven bound" blessings,
Kim Safina ~ Cayucos

 
At June 11, 2007 at 12:15 PM , Blogger Gayle Ann said...

Amanda, I hope you and Curt have an awesome time rediscovering how much fun it is to be together and in love. I know Camp Granny will be the perfect place for the little one, and there isn't any camp anywhere that would be more wonderful.
My hubby and I will celebrate our 20th this year in July. God's grace is all over our marriage, and I know that the fact we have made it this far is ALL because of HIM...I never could have done it without Him....LOL...
I hope you have so much fun and get lots of sand between your toes...
Beth, have a great week with Jackson, and celebrate all you can!!!
Love ya,
GayleAnn
Wasilla, Alaska

 
At June 11, 2007 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Mauimom1 said...

Ohhhh Sweet Amanda- Congratulations on five years! Good for you for taking a few days to spend some time with each other. I think the time spent together as a couple is one of the best gifts you can give your precious son-a solid foundation on which your marriage stands. May God bless all of you as you enjoy your wonderful week!

 
At June 11, 2007 at 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS AMANDA ,

DON'T LET THE FIRE GO OUT ON YOUR MARRIAGE AND PRAISE THE LORD YOU FOUND SOMEONE WHO LOVES JESUS AND YOU. I PRAY THAT YOU WILL BE HAPPY AND NOTHING SPOILS YOUR TRIP. JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO A HAPPY FULFILLED LIFE. AND BEST OF ALL THE GIFT OF HAVING CHILDREN.

I THINK THE LORD IS WORKING ON WEIGHT PROBLEMS I HAVE BEEN GOING TO WEIGHT WATCHER FOR SIX MONTHS AND LOST 20 LBS AND IT'S STILL COMING OFF PRAISE GOD HE IS SO FAITHFUL.

LOVE YOUR SIS
SUE-LA

 
At June 11, 2007 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Kiki Cherry said...

Amanda--Have fun and come back with a bodacious tan! :)

Beth--I just started the Daniel study and you totally cracked me up on Day 3 of this week.

My parents live just down from that very same Piggly Wiggly. I think it's still standing!

Arkansas was actually my culture shock, after moving from the bush of Africa. Good news--they did finally get their own skating rink! It's where all the "functions" were held. :)

 
At June 11, 2007 at 2:45 PM , Blogger Dionna said...

Happy Anniversary, Amanda! You have a blast in Mexico. I've never been there - some day.... :)
Your heart will yearn for your little boy, but that's okay. That's the way it should be. You'll still feel so refreshed when you return (and I'm sure you'll pick up something so cute to bring home to Jackson!)

 
At June 11, 2007 at 4:10 PM , Blogger MorningSong said...

Congrats Amanda!! Have a great time, I am sure Jackson will be WELL taken care of!!

Many blessings.

 
At June 11, 2007 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Shannie-K said...

Congratulations, Amanada & Curtis! The traditional gift for Fifth Anniversaries is wood - perhaps you'll come home with some maracas or something. ;-)

Hope it's a really romantic AND restful time.

For those who've been married much longer: my in-laws are about to celebrate 40 happy years. I'm looking for neat ideas to recognize their milestone, besides the usual photo collage, etc. Thanks!

 
At June 11, 2007 at 5:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

More wedding photos PLEASE!!!!!!

 
At June 11, 2007 at 6:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

DHAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH AND MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!


LOVE AND HUGS SIS!
SUE-LA

 
At June 11, 2007 at 6:21 PM , Blogger salty sister said...

Sweet Amanda, Happy 5 Year Anniversary!

I know you are all on your way to a wonderful trip with your hubby. You mentioned marriage being a 'MARATHON'.

Can I just share with you a little MARTATHON MOMENT I just shared with my adorable and ever so handy around the house husband of almost 20 years.

You see, I had myself a little surgery, nothing serious, but a laparoscopy for endometriosis. Basically three bandaids and some rest afterwards and it's all good....anyway. Todd (that's my mans name) was so kind to welcome a friend in to our home this evening. She was bringing us a delicious dinner she made for us since I had my surgery.

As I walked my friend to the door...thanking her ever so much...our throats suddenly were closing up with the most horid fume hitting us suddenly. It dawned on me that he must be using DRAINO crystals in the kitchen sink. (a few feet from our nicely delivered meal) When I could get my voice out over the gasping fumes, I YELLED...GET THE FOOD OUT OF THERE! You will be happy to know I kept my Southern Baptist smile about me the whole time. I said how sorry I was about the ordeal and off she went.

I could hardly contain myself when he came back in there after she left asking me not to say anything!!!!!!!

Why would I have to say anything! Seeing him HAUL HINEY to the back of the house with a large Williams and Sonoma bag of food was all that I needed. (and I assure you I will have this for the rest of our lives to mull over and enjoy)

So happy Anniversary You Sweet Couple. May you have your own DRAINO STORIES!

Love, Robyn...Your Siesta with Salt

 
At June 11, 2007 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Sweet's Mom said...

Amanda.... Oh, Happy Anniversary and have an awesome time in Mexico. You are soooo very fortunate that Jackson has such a wonderful place to hang out while mom and dad celebrate.

My hubby and I will celebrate 5 years in March. Doesn't it just seem like yesterday you were getting all dolled up for the big day? I can hardly believe how fast it goes by.

Thanks for the head's up on the pending birthday. I might just need to figure out something special I can do to show that Beautiful Beth how much I'm glad she was born. (I'm doing the math, and if everyone is saying this is a BIG birthday, I'm shocked. BETH YOU ARE ONE HOT MAMA!!!!!!!!!! I hope I look half as good on my "BIG" birthday)

LOVE YOU BOTH!

 
At June 11, 2007 at 8:39 PM , Blogger theups said...

A very happy anniversary to you and your husband!!! Isn't marriage wonderful!!??!!!! Hard, yes, but the Lord teaches SOOO much through your spouse!!!

His,
Mrs. U

 
At June 11, 2007 at 8:55 PM , Blogger gsinclair said...

Have a wonderful trip Amanda. Don't worry, as the years go by marriage really can get better and better.

Happy birthday Beth. I am only a few months older than you and it didn't hurt much. As they say it is mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. Love you, Glenda from Mississippi

 
At June 11, 2007 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amanda! I hope you and Curtis have a wonderful time on your trip. Your wedding photo is so beautiful! My sweet daughter Lily, who will be 5 on Saturday, shares her birthday with your mom. As we celebrate her big day I will be saying my prayers for 2 birthday girls! Happy Birthday Beth!
Pam Carothers

 
At June 11, 2007 at 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

loved seeing wedding picture. I screamed to my family I THINK I SHARE A BIRTHDAY WITH BETH MOORE. They know I love her so much. Happy Birthday Beth. Have fun with your little man.

 
At June 11, 2007 at 10:34 PM , Blogger jen said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I love the wedding photo, what a beautiful pic! Have a great time on the cruise!

 
At June 12, 2007 at 12:38 PM , Blogger alicia said...

have a blast... and insanely gorgeous picture...

 
At June 12, 2007 at 6:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awh, my husband and I are celebrating our 5 year anniversary on June 15th as well! :) That's awesome!
Blessings- Audrey Finney (Gallatin, TN, Long Hollow Baptist)

 
At June 13, 2007 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 5 years! My husband and I were at the beach just two weekends ago celebrating our 7th. Our little one is about a year older than Jackson. She enjoyed her time with her grandparents--but she was glad to see us too!

 
At June 17, 2007 at 12:43 AM , Blogger gi gi said...

Congratulations on this milestone Amanda and Curt! We will celebrate 35 next Sunday. Were it not for three children, a grandchild and another on the way it would still seem like yesterday. Enjoy your journey - life's a trip!

And Beth, on my 31st birthday a woman I'd know for less than a year commented, "Isn't it neat to grow old in the Lord!" She became my very dearest friend and I've had 26 birthday's since then. God has used the two of you to teach me so much about how to walk with Him in this life! I hope you had a wonderful and blessed day and that you have some idea of how much you are loved!

 
At June 19, 2007 at 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing that you could go away together! When we first married, we decided we'd try to go away somewhere special on each anniversary (this was pre 9/11). He took me to Hawaii on our first because we were stationed in AK and it was so close to fly to. The guys told him that was a bad move because he'd have to meet or beat that from then on. Truly, it has gone down hill since, but we really have a good laugh over it each year! Our five year was spent with my husband gone (AF)- we joke that it's not every wife who'll let her husband play cards with the guys on their anniversary! I was very great with child- he did send me to the spa for the day and thankfully, I didn't go into labor until he came back! He was deployed last year, too, so I am hoping that we can at least have dinner together this next one!

I am not a creative memories type of personality, but one thing we do (it's low maintenance- I don't have to cut a thing!) is fill in an anniversary book that we were given. We really enjoy choosing a picture to capture the year and recording the milestones, spiritual markers, etc.

Anyway, I hope the time was absolutely refreshing, giving you time to revisit your vows and to look forward to the years to come. Blessings, sister!

 
At August 13, 2007 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on June 14! Hope you had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home