Saturday, April 28, 2007

LPL Albuquerque

26 Comments:

At April 28, 2007 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Mary Watkins said...

Looks like the arena was packed. Do you know how many women attended? I am looking forward to the the recap and video of the weekend.

God is stirring the hearts of many to know Him more. Bless His holy name for drawing us to His side with an everlasting love.

 
At April 28, 2007 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Connie Barris said...

Have y'all ever attended the American Assoc Of Christian Counselors? I would love for you to. If they ever ask.. just remember,,, to say "YES"....

I usually go each year. I would be right there on your door step....

There are people with PH.D's to people like me... just out there listening and help the hurting through the Holy Spirit...

It looks just about like this place!!!

Praise going on, oh my....

OK.. now I've hope I have but a big ol' bug in your ear....

 
At April 28, 2007 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Patty said...

I am glad to see a picture of our wonderful sisters in Christ! The arena reminds me of the Phoenix conference!
Praising God that he gave me two tickets to the conference in Boone and a hotel!! ALL things are possible with God.

I have been praying for days for the Albuquerque conference. I hope the ladies who went give us a report as soon as they can.

Have a great weekend!!

 
At April 28, 2007 at 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got back from this incredible event. I am still floating from the experience of worshipping like a grown up! As a youth minister's wife for 12+ years, this was one of the first times I have attended something like this without being responsible for teenagers!! I got so much from this weekend and want to thank Beth for ministering to us through her own personal pain. No one would have ever know what you had just gone through. God gave you strength that you may not have even expected. Thank you for everything you said to us all. Also of note was the INCREDIBLE worship that we experienced! Such wonderful songs and such a sweet spirit. I will be there the next time this even is anywhere near me!!

 
At April 28, 2007 at 4:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing event!! Wow! Jesus showed up to meet us - and did He ever make His appearance known. I just can't tell you how much I was touched by the music and Beth's message. I've already started to "work it out" and I can't wait to see the results! Praise you Lord!

 
At April 28, 2007 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

There were 7,500 women there. I have not yet spoken to my mom about it, but I can't wait! Ms. Connie, Beth has actually spoken at the American Assoc. of Christian Counselors. I'm not sure when the last time was, but I feel sure that 2001 was one of the years.

 
At April 28, 2007 at 7:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! What a blessing you all are!!!! I just feel like I drank a big glass of refreshing water! Oh my word! What an AMAZING INCREDIBLE weekend. I have never felt the Lord's anointing on someone like I felt on Beth this weekend. God spoke to me (NO I AM NOT A CRAZY PERSON BUT WHENEVER SOMEONE STARTS A SENTENCE WITH THAT PHRASE YOU HAVE TO WONDER)....But God spoke to me like I've never heard before and I have been so encouraged to HAVE A PURPOSE and move in that direction instead of wandering aimlessly! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Beth, I promise I feel like I know you! Like I could just walk up to you and start talking like we've been friend forever...you are an amazingly real and humbly, GODLY woman! I am so grateful for you and for what GOD is doing through you and your ministry! Whew....now I'll catch my breath and stop talking. (although I could probably go on and on) GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
Stephanie G
stephsblogemail@yahoo.com

 
At April 28, 2007 at 7:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praising God that He helped Beth minister to these dear ladies, after the difficult week that she must have gone through, with the passing of her father and all. I love You, O Lord! You are the Only One who can raise up praise out of us through the most difficult of seasons...

 
At April 28, 2007 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Looney Mom™ said...

I was one of the blessed women at this conference. It was awesome! Beth is a blessing to me and so many others. I was really challenged and I indeed plan on being on my face before the Lord daily and "WORKING IT OUT!" Yes, Lord.

I have to give my God the glory and praise that I was able to attend: I'm just getting over a debilitating back injury that happened back in January. I wasn't going to go because I didn't think I would be able to last all weekend; it was painful to sit for more than 5 minutes. A friend sent me a ticket last week and literally over the last couple of weeks the pain in my back had been lessening. The pain was minor compared to what it had been. I know that God allowed this in His perfect timing and I am SO grateful!

Thank you, Beth, for being a faithful servant of our Lord Jesus. You are a Mighty Woman of Valor and though I know your ministry is difficult, challenging, and not always as "glamorous" as it seems, you make it look so easy! You are just a precious woman. Thank you for blessing me this weekend!

 
At April 28, 2007 at 8:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer...
I was unable to attend the Columbia, SC event. When I heard it was on James and about trials I have become SO hungry to hear the message. Will you be making the conference into a CD package? It sounds like a conference that multitudes could be ministered to by. I hope that you can put it on CD's for us!

 
At April 28, 2007 at 9:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just returned from Albuquerque. What an awesome outpouring of the Spirit! I loved the teaching from Phil. 2, it was exactly what I needed to hear. Beth, I have fallen in love with Jesus and His Word as I studied your books. Thanks so much for your ministry. What is the recipe for chili gravy?!

 
At April 28, 2007 at 10:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I cant wait for the recap video! Amanda, you wouldnt happen to know by chance when they're airing the "Pit" interview on Life Today do you? you dont have to answer if you dont want to..just dont wanna miss it! You're the best! -Krista

 
At April 28, 2007 at 10:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - my spirit is jumping up and down for Jesus! I just drove in from the Alb. event, and I can't even begin to describe how huge God was and is! Two of the young girls that came with me were the daughter and friend of a close friend of mine, and they were SAVED today!

I have been praying since December for God to be big for them and irrestible to them, and oh how He was! My friend had never experienced anything like this before, and I just can't even write the words to describe the impact on her and these girls!

Thank you Beth for coming to us, and ministering to us out of your own personal pain. If you had not, these girls would not have joined the Kingdom this day, and encounter Jesus the way they did. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Sorry this is such a long post, but I am overflowing, and so humbled that I would even get the privilege to get to see God at work, and oh how sweet that answered prayer is! Glory to The One Above All Others!

 
At April 28, 2007 at 11:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to come to St. Louis!!

 
At April 29, 2007 at 6:45 AM , Blogger SandyDee said...

I was at the Abq LPL & I thought it was gracious of the Lord & Beth to gather 7500 women together just to speak to me. When Beth spoke about the cat-fighting women (D & K) in the Bible my daughter laughed so hard I told her she would have to go sit somewhere else-just kidding. You see, my sister & I haven't spoken for a couple of months & my nickname is Dee and her name is Kandy, spelled with a K. This was life changing. Thank you Beth. I would love it if you would post the commitment we spoke at the end of the last session.
Thanks
Sandy Dee

 
At April 29, 2007 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Schromom said...

I also just returned from Albuquerque and was blessed by Beth's opening the word to us. Our lesson today in Sunday School was on none other than "humility"! Wow, I think God is really speaking to me about the need for "working out" some humility! I was able to share some of Beth's teaching from the conference this weekend so your message even touched lives that didn't attend!
Precious Beth, my heart was touched at the decision to come be with us after what you had been through in the past week. Bless you.

 
At April 29, 2007 at 1:06 PM , Blogger su said...

Amanda,
I was there and it was wonderful. I went with my two daughters and one grandson who is 10 weeks old. We had a great time and did some major bonding. Would you please ask your mom to print out the commission from the end of the conference? It was incredible. And we all got to see a picture of Jackson on his first birthday. All of us uhhed and ahhed over your son. Love, Su from CO

 
At April 29, 2007 at 1:15 PM , Blogger jenc said...

I attended this event and can testify that God met us there! Thank you Beth for bringing this message to us with such strength and grace even after your father's death. Beth, you could not have spoken more directly to me if I had told you my exact situation. How God used you to stir me and prompt me to keep continuing on and working it out. When you mentioned the "5 finger pledge" from the believing God study it reminded me of clinging to those 5 truths after my four month old son had a stroke. I remember standing in the shower at the hospotal with tears streaming down my face, and reciting this pledge/prayer. These truths were the hope that I clinged to during this rough time. Thanks you for ministering to my soul again.
Jen

 
At April 29, 2007 at 8:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will there be follow up to this event anywhere besides this blog?
Some of us, for various reasons, were unable to finish the weekend and only made one evening.
So sad to have missed the whole message but definitely waiting to hear good reports.

 
At April 30, 2007 at 12:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,

I got back from Albuquerque late last night (we drove down from Colorado), and I can't thank you enough for still doing the conference for us in the midst of your loss. No one would have known your pain with your enthusiasm and obvious love of God.

On the way down to Albuquerque, we had 11 ladies from our study in 3 newer SUV's and "Family Mobiles", watching chick-flicks on the DVD players normally reserved for Veggie Tales and Disney flicks. When we got to the conference center, we spent our time in the very long entrance line guessing which state everyone was from based on their hair styles (believe me, it was a very positive conversation, and we talked about how cool the styles were) I do have to say, as someone from a dry climate, it is amazing how few people in these wonderful dry climates actually have big hair! Did you see the group (not us) in the pink t-shirts that had on the front "We are family" and on the back "I got all my sisters with me". Too Cool!

I admit to doing a little "window shopping" too to change our own hair styles.

Thank you! Thank you! For helping to teach us more about our amazing Jesus! So we went from these very superficial conversations before the conference, to these amazing conversations after about how God had spoke directly to us (all 11 of us), and for each of us the most significant standout thing that hit us was different. All of us felt like the conference was written for each of us! Isn't God good!

I wanted to tell you that I did your Daniel study in the midst of one of my greatest pits. I am a stay at home mom of 2 precious boys (age 5 & 7), and because of sports injuries I'd had a while ago, I had to have 3 major operations in a 14 month period. I lost my ability to walk well for over 2 years (still recovering), and spent last summer in a wheel chair.

Then last fall, I started having panic attacks 20-30 times a day, from a disorder that is extremely common for people in wheelchairs. I literally felt like I was losing my mind too! There were days that I didn't know if I would ever be sane again. (I am much better now, but still recovering on that one too)

I guess God had to do something HUGE to get my attention and make me deal with my "stuff".

In the midst of the nightmare, I had a whole lot of "working in", and it's amazing how much God has shown me in the midst of that time, because I was open to him showing me based on the encouragement I got from your studies. I've been having a hard time "working out" because of the self obsession that comes with intense pain.

So you asked the question in the Daniel study, "Is there anything that you can think of that would make you doubt your faith?" The only real answer that came to mind was the death of my children.

Then I turned the page and read an account of a missionary who's story matched that of one of my Mom's dearest friends son's and daughter-in-law, and discovered that you really were writing about her.

The shock-my-socks off thing about that whole experience is that they are the ones who loaned me my wheelchair!

This family is serving others all the time. Even after the loss of their son, the injury of their daughter-in-law, and the amazing pain that accompanies it, they are usually the first people at the church to set up, Mr. McDonnal normally plows out my parent's driveway during the huge blizzards, and they are always delivering meals and praying for people. They are some of the most godly, kind people I have ever known.

You spoke at the confernce about how hard life is and to just expect it. But I wanted to thank you for the cement examples I have to "work it out". I was sitting in the wheelchair in the midst of my pity party, and God used your bible study to "knock me in the head" and give me an example of what I could be doing. Why couldn't I see it on my own when I was literally sitting in one!!!!

I think I'm going to hang a piece of barbed wire somewhere in my house to remind me of the thorns God promised for this world. (That's about as close to thorns as we can get here).

Thank you for giving us an example of serving God even in the midst of intense pain, and for your candor and being real.

Cheryl

 
At April 30, 2007 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Got home from this event yesterday and woke up this morning saying, "Thank you, thank you, thank you to Jesus." How blessed I am to have attended.

What a joy to spend time with believing sisters--one of whom was my best friend from junior high school I'd not seen in 15 years. But, because of a shared love for Jesus, we picked up like it was yesterday and we were still 14 years old!

Thank you, Beth, for ministering out of your grief, and for your obedience to God's call to your life. May God bless you abundantly!

P.S. Hope you liked your "Going to Bible study" bag. When we made gifts for each woman in our little group, we knew you needed one too--because you are definitely one of us!

 
At April 30, 2007 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Hey Amanda--or anyone else who knows,

What's the name of the song we sing at LPL that lists all the names of God at the end? I'm desperate to put it on my ipod for my morning walks and can't remember what it's called!

Thanks!

 
At April 30, 2007 at 8:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still feeling the glorious effects of this weekend, and I know I will never be the same. Thank you Beth for bringing me to Jesus and for giving the best birthday weekend of my life!

 
At May 1, 2007 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Awesome Conference!!! Thankyou Beth - God certainly ministered mightily through you. I have been going through some very rough times lately - I wasn't even sure that I would go to the conference. On Wednesday I felt so beaten down that I thought I couldn't receive anything. My burden lightened as the week went on (thanks so much to the intercessors)! My heart was ministered to, the Lord was with me. He knows my pain, my heartache, but most importantly, He knew exactly what I needed. I am refreshed! My deepest sympathy to you and your family, in the loss of your Dad ~

 
At May 3, 2007 at 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What an awesome conference! Beth was amazing! The Lord always uses her to speak to me no matter where or how I hear her. She showed an amazing display of our Lord's strength to be able to get up before us and serve the way she did!

The Lord spoke to me concerning so many areas of my life. I thank God for the willingness of the entire Living Proof Ministry Team! They are all awesome!! How about our praise and worship time! How awesome it was to be with so many beleives, all worshipping our Lord! It is a feeling I will never forget!

I know I will make every effort to attend every conference that is located in my area!

I just finished the Daniel study and for those of you that have not gone through it, you have too! It is a life changing study that no one can afford to miss out on! I am going to go over it and over it until I know it by heart and then I am going to go over it again! It is that important!

Beth, thank you for your faithfulness. I have never met you in person but we are sisters in Christ and you, along with God, are such a part of a lot of changes in my life! I love you girlfriend!!!!!

 
At May 6, 2007 at 11:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joanne- the song w/ the names of God at the end is "Lord, You're Holy" I love it too...i dont think it's on itunes though :( ...i bought a cd at the Columbia conference that has it on there..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home