Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Star and Geli These Days

Hey, Siestas! Thank you so much for all those wonderful birthday greetings! I am blessed beyond words! You'll never know a soul on the face of the earth God has graced more than me. Truly "God's love is meteoric, His loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, His verdicts oceanic. Yet in His largeness nothing gets lost. Not a man, not a mouse, slips through the cracks. How exquisite Your love, O God!" (Ps. 36:5-7 The Msg) Yep, that was one of my memory verses. They sure come in handy, don't they?

I had such a fun day! Around here, we all say that there's no birthday like a birthday at LPM but, actually, anywhere you have some best girlfriends that make you laugh your head off and love Jesus twice as much is a birthday just like the ones we have here. Girlfriends are one of the dearest gifts of God in all of life. Besides the great fellowship and intercession, I got the neatest gifts! Keith gave me a very delicate necklace and a leg press. (How do you like that combo? That says it right there.) My staff gave me all sorts of things for my battered back yard. It used to be so gorgeous B.P. (Before Puppies). BUT, it's slowly bouncing back with all my beautiful new birthday accessories. I had so much fun arranging all of them when I got home from work. I bet I didn't make it in the house for half an hour and it was HOT. For once, I was too happy to care.

In addition to all my yard and porch gifts, I got the cutest note cards from one of my beloved correspondence assistants. Isn't that perfect? I also got three gorgeous frames because my dear friend, Nancy, knew that my family is growing so fast, I haven't been able to keep up with the framing. I promised her that I would not put dog pictures in them but she said I could if I wanted to. Michelle got me a really fun pink flat-iron cover for traveling (she got tired of waiting for it to cool off before I could pack it, I think) and Joel Rosenberg's new book signed by the author! I was so pumped! I'm a huge fan of his and got to meet him when we were in Washington D.C. I also got a pair of summer sandals that are unbearably cute. Jenn, I changed into an outfit that matched them when I got home and put them right on my feet.

So much stuff, y'all. So much stuff. It was a grace extravaganza and I am so grateful for these fellow sojourners that I'd have to bawl to describe how I feel about them to you. You and all your greetings were icing on the Living Proof cake.

Then, we had family birthday last night at our house. Keith asked where I wanted to go out to eat and I requested something entirely different this year: carry-out Italian so we could just eat here at home and let the babies play. What's a birthday without Jackson and Annabeth? This year I let Houston keep its fancy restaurants. I'd rather have the kids. I had a first yesterday: Jackson sang "Happy Birthday" to me on the telephone. It's on tape and I'll try to keep it forever...along with the one from nine months ago where he told me, "Bibby, I poo-poo on da potty! Got a race cah!"

Melissa and Amanda conspired on my gift this year and it was supposed to arrive Monday but never made it. I would have been plenty happy to receive it today but Melissa was beside herself about it getting here right on time. The package finally arrived at the Joneses at 6:45 this evening and they headed straight over with it. Then I knew why they were so excited! IT WAS A KINDLE!! This book nerd's joy knew no bounds! I cannot wait to get some great stuff on that bad boy. I'm almost in a frenzy. I've probably told you before that I feel like a whole cheerleading squad lives in my head most of the time and at moments like these they act up the worst. Each girl immediately wanted to read something different so I'm not sure where we'll start.

OK, THAT'S ENTIRELY ENOUGH ABOUT BIRTHDAYS. I don't want to hear another word about it! I promise you I'll give it 12 months before I bring that subject up again.

Now, for the main reason I got on here today. I thought, since I went on and on about Sunny and Beanie here recently with the anniversary of their sweet passings, I better update you on our darling and mischievous one year-olds. They are a scream. Sometimes literally. ("GIRLS, GET YOUR TAILS OUT OF THAT...!!! Fill in the blank with absolutely ANYTHING: pot roast, plants, toilets, diapers, mail, watermelon, etc. They even chewed some holes in my Slanket. I don't care. I just have more places to put my arms through. Or my feet if I'm getting a tad warm.)

These are recent pictures of Geli (soft "g", short for Angelina) and Star (real name, Queen Esther). They are so much fun. We would not trade them for anything on this earth. We just might not necessarily recommend getting two puppies at once but, then again, they are such BFF's! Inseparable! They insist on eating and drinking out of the same bowl and often...how shall I say...potty at exactly the same time right beside one another. As in love with Beanie as we were and as special a place as she will always hold in our hearts, Geli just may be the most beautiful German Shorthaired Pointer we have ever seen in our lives. Well, Keith won't admit that but, pressed for truth, I will. Star is absolutely adorable, too, and, honestly, so smart you can't even believe it. She has an IQ higher than most humans. She is my constant shadow, just like her predecessor. I tell Star and Geli all the time that they have very big paws to fill. Just wanted you to know how in love with them we are and how you can picture them these days.






PS. Btw, watching Marley and Me was a big mistake. I put my face in a big red beach towel and wailed my head off. Didn't sleep a single wink and that's the shape I went to Pittsburgh in. Y'all tried to warn me but NO! I just had to do it! But, now that a few days have passed, I'm so glad I did. Not doing it again.

161 Comments:

At June 17, 2009 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Fran said...

I'm so glad your birthday was so special!! And, the pix of the dogs are just beautiful.

I have a puppy that just turned one in May. Did I tell you she ate my Bible...yes, she did. And, she ate some of my Esther workbook.

I sobbed.

And, Lifeway can fix my bible. PRAISE GOD!!!

Love you Beth. Have a great day!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 8:51 AM , Blogger ArmyReserveWife said...

Beth,

I didn't get a chance to wish you happy birthday yesterday, so happy belated birthday!! I so love how you have showed me and taught me how to love the Word of God!!

P.S. Got my hubby a Kindle 2 for graduation (master's degree) Yeah hunny!!! But get the Kindle app for your Iphone and you can read all your books on it in case you don't have your Kindle with you. The only thing is you can't do it with newspapers!

Enjoy! Love you!!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Holly said...

Awww, I really didn't want your heart to be wrung like that...

I have already read some notes from P'burg. Wow. Wow. I have read them constantly the past two days--along with Acts 27-8. A balm for my storm-torn heart...thank you!

Can I say that I love that you love your grandbabies so much? Makes my heart smile!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:07 AM , Anonymous annie's eyes said...

What a great day. About the Kindle--always travel with it in its case. I'm on my second one now b/c of the screen getting pressed in a suitcase...I use mine at church but prefer the iTouch version of the Bible application with its scrolling table of contents. Let me know what you discover! ~Annette

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:10 AM , Anonymous Susan said...

So happy God blessed you with such a wonderful birthday, Beth.
Your babies are absolutely PRECIOUS, and I know you adore them. I have two heelers that mean the world to me, as well. Pets are so dear to us and such a blessing to us from God. Can't imagine where we would be without them.

Love you so much, Beth !!!

Susan

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birtday, Beth. You are so hilarious! Love you!

-vicki from SD

P.S. I can't even go near the movie Marley and Me! I'm not in the mood to sob!!!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Rhonda Schrock said...

I like the line about the cheerleading squad living in your head! When you live with five men (one hubby and four boys, ages 19, 15, 10, and 3) as I do, SOMEone here has to throw the pom-poms around now and then or it all just gets so...testosterone drenched. It's my calling to giggle and cry and be just a bit hysterical every once in awhile or they'll never be ready to live with others who have ovaries and emotions!

Laughing...

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Melinda said...

A list:

1. I'm GREEN over the Kindle. GREEN.
2. The dogs are precious and whoever took those photos did a bang-up job!
3. I watched Marley and Me ON A PLANE, on my way to a rehearsal dinner! It ended just as we landed and I had to go straight to the event! PIT.I.FUL. I'm thinking the night with your face in a beach towel was probably still preferable to the plane alternative!

Hugs,
Melinda

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Tara G. said...

We're flying my mom out here for her 60th birthday so she can party hard with her grand kids. The kids are so excited Baba is coming to play with them.

Netflix just sent us Marley and Me. Thanks for the warning!

Cute dogs!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,

Didn't get a chance to say Happy Birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday! I love you so much and love hearing about your family. Your babies (all 4 of them) are so sweet. Life must never be dull at your house.

Praying for you and your ministry team. You all have been so instrumental in helping me to learn how to study and really enjoy my Bible and my Lord. Thank you again.

Forever His,

Lawan
Phil 4:8

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Lynn @whispersfromwildwood said...

What in the world is a "kindle"?

Love the new pics of your 1 year olds! My baby's a year old too and I just love her to pieces. I just love how she always greets me the same way when I come home - so excited to see me!

Have a great week, Beth!

Lynn Langford

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Kelley said...

Happy late birthday! I love the pics of your two precious pups...just darling! Dogs are wonderful, precocious, hard headed works of God's hand and I couldn't live one day without my troublesome twosome! :)

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:21 AM , Blogger Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Sweet Beth,

So glad you had a great day! Thought of you and prayed for you throughout the day yesterday.

Much love,

Joanne

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad your b day was so great.Beth arent thos dogs so specail. god has put some things in our life thats so specail,that arent people so to say,all though they think they are ha ha.I so need to post aa picture of my black lab Zoey theraphy dog.I so wish they all 3 could get together they could play & we could haave out specail coffee.Your pups are so pretty .I could so spoil them will i spoil every one & thing I think ha ha.God bless my dear freind Victoria Welch Reidsvile NC

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Fran said...

Hi Beth- loved hearing about your birthday- it sounds perfect!

Your puppy dogs sound like so much fun; thanks for the pictures. Being a kindergarten teacher, I love it when there are pictures to go with the story!

I got my new i phone yesterday and LOVE it too!

Love YOU!
Fran

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Jen Lloyd said...

Sweet babies!!! And I'm glad your birthday was so great. Love to you, Mama Beth!!!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! It sounded like so much fun!

As a dog lover myself, in love with my black lab who is my first baby, I absolutely love hearing about your puppies (and ache when your heart aches about them, too). Star and Geli are adorable!

Oh, and bless your heart about "Marley and Me". I still haven't seen it and will likely never, ever, ever. :) Blessings on your day!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Inksstillwet said...

I’ve had my eye on that Kindle! How thoughtful and awesome that your girls bought you one. So glad you had a wonderful birthday!! Yes, puppies are the biggest handful next to children. At least the babies don’t chew up everything in sight! Those pictures are adorable!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Cheryl Barker said...

Congrats on the Kindle, Beth! You'll have to give us an update sometime on how well you like it. I feel kind of resistant to them because I do so much "on screen" time as it is. Let us know if you like it as well as an actual book.

Love that you wanted your grandbabies over a fancy restaurant :)

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Marla Taviano said...

Love this post!! Love your girls! Love the cheerleaders in your head!

And a KINDLE!! I wish you could read library books on them. :)

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:37 AM , Blogger WestTexasGirl said...

I have a special little human friend named Colton who is about 10 years old. Ever since Colton was born, his family included a boxer named "Foster". Not long ago, I was visiting w/Colton and just randomly asked how Foster was. Colton said, "Oh, he died." Well, I was devastated, and quickly told Colton how sorry I was and how I knew that this had left such a huge hole in his life. Colton said, "It's okay, Miss Judie. We were driving into the driveway and he was running to meet us. He just fell down dead. But - he died doing what he loved to do - run to meet us." Good dog, Foster!

Judie - West Texas Girl

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:39 AM , Blogger michellemabell said...

I love hearing about your dog and puppy adventures. We once did the two puppies at once thing...what a bundle of joy. A handful yes, (they were St.Bernards) but a joy.


Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!!
And yes, those verses do come in handy!!

Youe sister in Christ,

Michelle in VT

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Marilyn said...

I'm so glad you had an amazing birthday.

Your comment about Marley and Me movie reminded me how my daughter called from college crying her eyes out and I thought there was something really wrong. When I finally got out of her why she was crying so hard she said she had just watched the movie!! A few months ago me and my husband watched it and my husband also cried and after the movie he pulled our dog Sandy up in his lap and rocked her!!!! Gotta love a good movie.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Kristi Stewart said...

What is a kindle???

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a Kindle and I love it! I had to get one because I was running out of room in my house for all the books I kept buying. I'm a total book-aholic and I can't seem to part with any of them. Not all books are available on the Kindle but I've found many Christian books are. Enjoy!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Patty said...

I am so happy you had a great birthday!

I loved the pictures of your babies. Beautiful!! Our Daisy turned 2 in May and she is the best dog and so much fun. We can pretend to sit together over coffee and we can trade stories about our beloved dogs.

Love you much!
Patty

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Rhonda said...

So glad your birthday was awesome! Girlfriends are the best. Sorry Marley and Me was so tough- but hopefully a bit theraputic. Love you Ms. Beth- really really do. And there is nothing you can do about it (as my friend Bro. Ed says:)

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Sherry said...

So glad you birthday was wonderful! You and my little grandson share the same birthday (he turned 1 year old yesterday).

The girls are beautiful (like all the Moore women)! :-) Geli's eyes are gorgeous! Isn't it just like God to bring them into your life to help fill the void from your loss of Sunnie and Beannie?

Have a blessed Wednesday!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Pam O'Brien said...

Beth, your birthday sounds like it was perfectly blissful!
The pics of your one-year-olds are adorable! I'm a crazy dog-lover, too - they're such joy-givers, aren't they?!
Reader Fran... my bible also met it's end at the "paws and jaws" of my puppies! Mine was beyond repair, though: http://paminflorida.blogspot.com/2008/10/culprit.html

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday. Mine is coming 2 weeks from today. The big 30. I'm not too certain how I feel about that yet, although I can tell you I don't feel 30.

Your dogs are so cute. Puppies are the best. I have 2 new ones myself and I think that they are wonderful.

Wishing you all a fantastic day. Love to you all.
Melissa in LA

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Beth!

Ok, when reading your blog this a.m., I was stumped by the KINDLE! Had no earthly idea what it was..so..I went to Amazon.com for something else and THERE IT WAS!!! (I need to get out more!)Anyway, it looks fantastic..I've already put in my order for Christmas from my personal Santa..my wonderful hubby! By the way..love those dogs..beautiful! Have a super day!

Yvonne - Tennessee

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday!

My son has a Kindle and bless his heart, he has let me borrow it on a couple of occasions. As I have told him, it lacks the aesthetics of a real book, but I can see its usefulness. Great birthday gift though!

Deb Wiest
Cathay, ND

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Molly said...

To Fran - who's puppy ate her bible and Esther workbook: Pray for her to be a ministry dog, and bark scripture - you never know.

I know this pastor that has a Newfoundland puppy, one day he got scared of something outside so he high -tailed it inside the house, through the living room and to the side of their bedroom they could see from the living room, Pawdre (that's his name) had something in his mouth. While flying through the bedroom, he stopped at the night stand to grab his dad's bible. And now he stood at the back door, bible in mouth ready to take on his fears! What a blessing! Love the dogs Beth - they are so cute.

Love to you all,

Siesta OC

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Molly said...

Can someone please tell me what a kindle is?

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Beth I love the pictures of your furry babies. I know what you mean about not getting two puppies at the same time. We did that with our two poodles. I told my husband it was like having two two-years-old at the same time. One of them had gotten on my computer table and got a hold of my brand new glasses and chewed them up.

I so covet your kindle. I would like to have one but then I probably would never get anything done but read.

As for Marley and Me, I have read the book and I don't know if I want to see the movie. Maybe not.

Have a wonderful day.

Charlotte P.
Ridgecrest, CA

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Leslie said...

Geli definately has a face to fall in love with! And Happy Belated Birthday to my favorite-ist Bible Study Lady!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Sandy said...

Happy belated birthdy! Your pics of the babies are beautiful!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Anastasia said...

This was an answer to prayer.....I wondered what thoe puppies looked like.

I agree, Gelie is gorgeous and Star looks so special. have you seen Skidboot the Wonder Dog on You Tube? If you haven't you must. He is another SMART Texas dog.

Love you all to pieces!

PS I have now given away "Praying God's Word" away to more people than the Bible. It ROCKS!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a dog lover too!! I have a golden retriever, like Amanda does. Gosh, most days I like their company more than a person's! Marley & Me is sooo sad I know what you were feeling. Its the saddest movie I think I've ever seen

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Sitesx6 said...

We just got a lab puppy on Friday-6 weeks old and CUTE CUTE CUTE!

I wish I could put a funny picture of him on here (don't know how) .....

He fell asleep on his back with all four legs STRAIGHT UP IN THE AIR! Slept like that for 20 min.

He looks like road kill!
Kelly

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:55 AM , Blogger MITZI said...

Great pics of the puppy toddlers. They would make two good jigzaw puzzle pictures.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Carrie said...

I am so glad you had a awesome B'day!!! And I am so glad you have the cheerleading squad in your head it makes me feel like I am not alone in that catagorie HA:) I really think it is a sanquine thing. And those puppies don't look like puppies anymore but they are gorgeous!! Have a great day!!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:06 AM , Anonymous Paige in Alabama said...

LOVE that you have a signed copy of a Joel Rosenberg book. Love that bad. During spring break, I jumped onto his books. Could not stop. I am a teacher, and let me just say, after spring break, I made sure my class had their independent reading time every day because those books and I had appointments. Read all 5 in a month. Seriously.

Ever had a Book Swap? My exercise buddy (a huge reader, too) and I organized an easy little get together a week ago and invited about 6 friends each to join us on the porch for lemonade and snacks. Everybody brought two books that they had read and gave a little book talk about each one. Then everyone chose two new books to go home with. A blast - absolutely. I took The Last Jihad! Easy, low-cost, and we felt very green by recycling good books. Having another one in July. We've decided that if you lived in our town, we would invite you!

So glad you had a wonderful day. I thanked the Lord for you today, Beth Moore, as I was going to Egypt with Abram and Sarai in the Patriarchs. I so love the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Paige in Alabama
Cullman, Alabama

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Carey said...

Hilarious! that's what you are! there is not a single time that I get on here and read your words and I don't smile! I love your puppies! Animals teach us so much, don't they?
Sounds like a wonderful birthday to me! And yes, it does take a couple days to recover from Marley & Me.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth:
I just love it when you write about your days, Happy Birthday to you!
Love the story of your day, I too, just had a birthday and chose to have Mexican take out so that I could enjoy the grandkids and the puppies (yes, 2, both Boston Terriers) and what a delight that was.
I wish I could see you in Stockton, my heart will be there in Spirit.
Blessings to you!
Geneva
Loyalton, CA

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
You deserve each and every part of yesterday! You are loved by so many.
Glad you got to just spend some quality time with your grand babies. Your daughters are so lucky (and know it...I might add) to have a mom they can share the love of God with (after all they learned from you). I wish I had that and still pray for it.
Thanks for giving all of us a run down on your special day.
And those dogs.... I have always been a lap dog fan. But I think next time I am going a little bigger.
Jan

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:30 AM , Blogger hisfivefooter said...

I knew that movie would make you cry ugly tears. Yikes! Oh well. The pups are looking more darling every day. You're right, Geli is beautiful. Who took the picture, you? At the deer lease? She looks like a picture out of a magazine! If you took the picture, I am impressed, seriously! As for Queen Esther, she has gotten so big! I just picture her mauling Sabrina while trying to tape you talking about
the summer bible study! She is darling. I am sure you have taught her tricks, if so, what are they? Have you taught her to hold up her paws and bark "Praise Jesus!"? That I would love to see! Dance to praise music? I am so glad you had a good birthday and with family to enjoy it with! As far as the kindle goes, wow, you are a very lovable book nerd. Hug the puppies for me. I love you.
Lisa in Kirkland, WA

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:35 AM , Anonymous Melanie said...

I had the honor of singing Happy Birthday to you in Pittsburgh. What was really cool about the whole thing is that my best friend and I were there and her birthday is the 19th and mine was the 8th.
I bought the Wise Up series and I love it!! Love You, Melanie
ps. Marley and Me is being shipped to me today.Sounds like I had better get a big box of tissues.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Kim said...

You are a blessing. THANK YOU FOR SHARING IT ALL WITH US.

Birthday pictures - please. I know you have some and we really do want to hear more about it.

Kim . . . who is
Grafted by Grace

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:38 AM , Blogger glorysuzy said...

OK, I never heard of a Kindle....I just can't keep up. Now I am going to have to GO look it up on the NET and SEE if it is something I MUST have..

We are all a mess aren't we....

Your birthday sounded PERFECT.

Paula
Tulsa

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Moose Mama said...

Beth, all of your babies (grand and four legged) are just beautiful!

What a lovely birthday...can't think of a soul on earth who deserved it more.

You make me smile :)

Melana

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Yvonne said...

Beth,

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Hope you enjoy your Kindle. My husband and I got ourselves one as part of our 25th anniversary to bring on our trip to England. (part anniversary trip, mostly sabbatical for him to write a book about Sunday School). I LOVE my Kindle. Hope you enjoy yours as well!!!!!

Yvonne

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:02 PM , Blogger AbbyLane said...

mama beth, we're gonna have to talk about this whole you-have-a-birthday-yet-continue-to-look-younger, thing. not cool. (except it's totally cool and you're beautiful.)
[i just love that spunky nancy. she is such a gem]

those sweet puppies are absolutely gorgeous too. and quite photogenic i must say-runs in your family. ;)

i bought marley and me right after it came out and sat (maybe the same night as you) with my roommate while she watched it for the first time. i could watch it over and over again (although i still cry every time) dogs are the best :)
love you lady!

(ps don't forget to eat more birthday cake. you are obligated to eat a piece every day for at least a week, ya know. i mean, you can at least eat one foreach of us since we couldn't be there with you. calories don't count for sacrificial birthday eating.) ;)

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:06 PM , Blogger God's not so little dutch girl said...

Hey Beth!

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing the details. I was also praying for you a lot yesterday. In honor of your birthday, I went with my neighbor and we both got our hair done last night.(Okay,okay, it wasn't really in honor of your birthday. Sorry.) Star and Geli are adorable! Love you to pieces!
Joan
P.S. Sorry about the randomness of this post. I feel sorry for the people around me who have to try and keep up with my ramblings.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Audrey said...

Beth,
I just had to share the portion of your post the other day of when you got your iphone--my husband has been wanting one for so long, but we're just not in the position to sign that additional data package contract yet. So many friends who are in the ministry have them already, so when he read you do too, his response was, "See, even Beth Moore has an iphone!!" Who knows, maybe we can swing it for his birthday--he's been so patient!
It's so fun to journey with you!
love,
Audrey from Illinois

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fun post Beth! But what is a "KINDLE"?? Up here in the northeast, it's wood to burn for the fire!

- Michelle in Maine

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Kristen said...

Our pup is 19 months! He's a whippet and we love him dearly! I call him my velcro dog - his is constantly by my side! I want to stick to Jesus like velcro! My dog even teaches me Jesus lessons!

Marley & Me... well, my hubby Jim and I both bawled our heads off! Like you, won't watch that again!

Missed your birthday post... Happy Birthday Mama Siesta! A party worthy of a Princess! ;)

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep us posted about the Kindle- I am thinking of buying one, but want to know if it's worth it! Love the dog pictures.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

What a great post! Birthdays are just about the best days...

I am so glad you got Marley and me out of the way. I actually thought of you that night, and wondered how you were doing. Isn't that funny?

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Sarah said...

Sorry I missed your birthday--glad it was great! (I was away from the blog for a couple days but I'm back!) Love the furry kid pictures--they are beautiful girls, though obviously they have nothing on the grandbabies. Thanks for sharing--and I LOVE that verse in Psalms from TM! :)

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Kim ~ Kay Kay said...

Bethie...Happy belated birthday, sounds like you had the best!!

Love your day to day life stories. Guess embracing our fears isn't always a wonderful experience. Hopefully...as time passes you'll feel a bit better about Marley and Me. Maybe not. Love ya!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Jamie Lynn Braziel said...

I love, love, love, love, love my Kindle! You're going to have so much fun with yours, and if you need a good laugh after Marley and Me, check out Declaring Spinsterhood! Happy birthday!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Bev Schlomann said...

my grown children still want me to see "Marley and Me" -- I watched part on a recent plane flight, but stopped after about 45 minutes. Since I read the book, I knew what was coming, and just couldn't take it. I've lost 2 black labs to cancer and age (12 and 13 respectively) and didn't want to "lose" Marley, too.
Your babies are darling! We now have an 8-yr-old border collie mix, and a 3-yr-old black lab. Pets are such a joy!
Happy birthday, Beth.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Beth Herring said...

I am so glad that your birthday was the best! Your friends are blessed to have you in their lives.

Precious puppies..

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:30 PM , Blogger ABL mom of 3 said...

So glad your birthday was great! They (the dogs) are adorable!!

And thanks for the heads up about Marley and Me. I know I can't handle it yet.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Micheledidasko said...

lol - I didn't know what kindle meant, and when I was looking it up, Wiktionary listed a definition of - "a group of kittens."

How crazy would your house be if they had given you a bunch of kittens?? ha ha

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

Loved the Birthday information!!!
Babies,Our Family,~ pets included,Friends are what Life is all about!!!

Wondered if you wouldn't mind answering the following questions for us!

1. Favorite all time gift

2. Favorite Cake
(frosting included)

3. Favorite Birthday meal

4 Favorite childhood
Birthday memory

5. Favorite adult Birthday memory


Your babies are all gorgeous!!!
furry and flesh :)

Be Blessed on this Wednesday in June!

With "Heaven Bound" blessings,
Kim Safina
did you get my birthday card? :)
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com

 
At June 17, 2009 at 12:58 PM , Blogger karen said...

Dear Beth,

I just have to add my birthday wishes. We were celebrating my dear daughter's 14th birthday at Disneyland yesterday! I was so excited to learn last year that she shared your birthday!

Thanks for the pictures.
Love, Karen in OC, CA

 
At June 17, 2009 at 1:01 PM , Blogger NikkiPoppins said...

I am so glad that you had a great day on your birthday! It sounds like you were able to spend the day doing just want you wanted! Love the fact that you ordered in so you could have the kids over! This past Mother's day, my Nanny wanted everybody to come to her house but she's not able to stand and cook a huge meal anymore, so she told us all to go and get whatever take out we wanted and to meet up at her and Nandday's after church...she wouldn't let us cook or take her out, just drive through and then show up! That way we could sit and visit with out having to cook. I thought it was hysterical!

Marley and Me...uh yeah...probably won't watch that anytime soon! Don't get me wrong,I loved it!! But it's now on the same shelf with Steel Magnolias for when I need a good cry...but a laugh every now and then is good too!! I actually called my mom, who is a huge dog lover, and told her to not go see it in the theater...I was walking out of the theater when I told her that!! Lol! I didn't want to rish her getting there and blubbering all over the place...she'd hate that!

Again, Happy Birthday week!! I vote for Celebrating all week long!!

Love you Mamma Beth!

Nikki

 
At June 17, 2009 at 1:07 PM , Blogger bethany said...

Star and Geli are just precious! I love the pic of Geli (did you take that?)
Well...my copy of Marley and Me is in the mail today and I am ready with a box of tissue on hand! My Lhasa, Savannah, has been gone for 2 years now so I hope that I'll be able to handle it. I really want to get a new dog but am in the process of possibly moving and don't know about moving with a dog and 2 high strung cats!
Glad your birthday was so wonderful! Sounds like you got lots of fun things:)and had a great time with the family...Jackson singing Happy Birthday sounds so sweet!
See you next weekend in Stockton,Ca!!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 1:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone,
I just had to share a quick message about our bible study last night. I lead a small group at our church and we meet every other Tuesday night. We are almost finished with Jesus the One and Only. A great study by the way!! Well about 45 minutes before we were to meet a huge storm swept through and most of the area lost power. But did that stop us from feasting on God's word? Nope! We got together anyway and talked about our homework by candlelight! We will catch up on the video next time!
Staying in his word--no matter what!
Siestas in Corbin Kentucky

 
At June 17, 2009 at 1:27 PM , Anonymous Holly in SC said...

Belated Happy Birthday Mrs. Beth !!!
I too sobbed like a baby at the movie, and my poor Weim thought i must have lost it!! who had actually sat on the couch w me til i started sobbing :) she moved to the chair to watch from afar. Glad to have pics of the "pups" !

 
At June 17, 2009 at 1:43 PM , Anonymous Nancy said...

What a fun day!! I love your puppy stories. We have two dogs-one is literally on her last legs. She's 15 and a shepherd collie mix-she is the smartest dog ever and has been a wonderful pet. My husband keeps giving me warning looks and comments on how hard it is getting for her to get around. How do you know when it is time to say goodbye to a faithful pet?? Our other dog is a lab/hound mix (the kids call her a lahoundrador) She is just six months old and full of herself. She has been such a joy and our younger boys (10 and 12) are having fun actually playing with a dog. Our old dog was the puppy for our 18 and 20 year old.
Anyway I enjoy the puppy stories, so keep telling them and posting pictures.

Nancy
Columbus IN

PS-My parents got a German short-haired pointer the week after I went to college. She was a wonderful dog and beautiful. She lived almost 17 years.

PPS-I'm glad Geli's nails are at least as long as our dogs'. We don't seem to be able to teach them to sit still to trim them.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched Marli and Me with the kids...and I had to keep it together. We have a golden lab who is not doing very well...ack! I could not go there!
Glad it was a great b-day!
Mair

 
At June 17, 2009 at 1:59 PM , Blogger abraham's daughter said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
I missed it. Just too busy getting ready to lead Daniel Session 7 tonight. My little brain feels like a stuffed sausage because of course I want to grasp all of end times prophecy at once.
But I want you to know just how blessed I am to have been taught, and yes, mentored by you. Thank you for your faithfulness to our Lord and to your calling. It is such a privilege to have this blog and know how better to pray for you and yours.
Terri

 
At June 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Siesta Mama! Glad it was wonderful! The pups are adorable! Glad God blessed you with them. Glad you got to spend time with the babies! Sounds like a perfect day to me! Love you, Dana in Clarksville, TN

 
At June 17, 2009 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Molly said...

I would google what a kindle is, but I fear I would miss the chance for some firecracker of a siesta explaination of it. I'm thinking it HAS to with books or hairspray!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 2:10 PM , Blogger April said...

Mrs. Beth,

I call you Mrs in a respectful way. I want to tell you how much I am so blessed at how God is using you in not only my life but in the life of so many. I don't know you personally but I do know your personality enough to know how humble and how you give ALL the credit to HIM and HIM alone and that's what makes you such a beautiful person. I want to share something and then will follow up with later. I have been watching Lifetoday for sometime now and met you when I was doing "A woman's heart..God's dwelling place" ( I say met you not physically but through the study and LifeToday) Today i have seen 2 episodes in a row and a wednesdays with Beth where you are speaking of your dogs dying of cancer (episode aired here in TN 6-17-09) You are doing "A Beautiful Mind" series which is sounding awesome! I am the middle child. I have a almost 30 yr old sister, I am 28 and my brother is almost 25. I am planning something unique and special for my sister. You see she has always been very down on herself. She has been through 2 divorces, is raising a 10yr old daughter by herself and not to mention she didnt think she was beautiful enough so she goes to get surgery with money she didnt have. She is now paying for these and I love this series and CAN NOT wait till her birthday (July 28th) to let her hear this episode. I know I chased a rabbit telling you our whole life story but wanted to fill you in on how you said HE can use us ALL. Thank you for being such a Godly example of what HE looks like...Many of us didnt have the greatest role model growing up. Now as I am a stay at home wife who absolutely loves her husband and 4yr old daughter and almost 3yr old son. I am most thankful that God would rise someone up such as yourself to work and speak to our hearts..:)

In HIS Love,
April Lyon
www.lyonsden4.blogspot.com

 
At June 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM , Blogger gg2002 said...

I never been much of a "dog person" but seeing those two pictures just made me one!!! I wanta a dog now! Glad you had such a good birthday! Yes, girlfriends are a great gift and blessing from God.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Molly said...

To Nancy (with the older border collie),
Saying goodbye is never easy. My mom and I inherited my brothers Golden lab - 100lbs of love and devotion with the most handsome face - Sampson was an angel! We too at the end could tell he was having a really hard time getting around and we would pray that God would take him in his sleep if he was meant to go then. A few months would pass and truly he was getting worse and our vet told my mom that really, "he's just waiting for you to let go," We knew it was true - and not surprisingly, because I know dogs know who there Master is - he changed in the last days and he just wasn't sampson anymore.
I remember him looking in my face the night before we decided to end his pain - he just looked at me with eyes of exhaustion, like, "I'm tired, I want to go home."
Sister in Christ - my thoughts are with now in this decision. Dogs, well, pets are angels. Be encouraged in the knowledge that God Himself, the Creator will hold you close during this time.

Blessings

Siesta OC

 
At June 17, 2009 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Laura Beth Fletcher said...

Beth,
I know you said no more about birthdays for 12 months, but I just had to say "Happy Birthday" a day late...it comes with love and prayers just the same! You must know that yesterday I kept thinking someone's birthday is today...I kept thinking who is it?...Now I know!
The pics of the puppies are just precious and you can never go wrong with Italian on your birthday!
Love you!
Laura Beth

 
At June 17, 2009 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Karen said...

They are absolutely gorgeous! I have to tell you that when I first saw the picture of Star I thought she was in a giant litter box! (and immediately thought, "get out of there baby. Litter's not good to eat." Too many similar experiences with our dogs. sigh.) Anyway, I'm glad that your birthday was wonderful (as happy as I am about the kindle, I want to hear about dessert! Surely you had some wonderful cake or pie...)

blessings,
karen

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Lauren said...

So glad you had a GREAT birthday Beth and those pups are sooo stinkin precious :)

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:05 PM , Anonymous Following Hard said...

Will no one answer the Siestas who are wondering what a Kindle is? (Now that I'm answering, it will probably appear with 50 other answers to the same question. Sigh.)

A Kindle is an electronic device that allows you to buy books from Amazon and download them directly to your little device where you can read them instantly and without having to make room on a shelf for it. I don't own one, and I have no idea exactly how much memory is built in, but my understanding is that you can get mucho books and newspapers in one handheld device thus cutting down on the number of volumes on your shelf or the number of books you have to pack in your suitcase since you can just stick the jolly little Kindle in your carry-on and read to Kingdom Come.

Siestas seeking more information (and a picture) can find it on amazon.com. Siestas, like me, who read lots of books by dead people (i.e. classics) should know that many of these are already in the public domain and can be downloaded onto your laptop from a website like project gutenberg for free. Just saying.

I hope you enjoy your Kindle, Beth. I'm going to have get one eventually!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:07 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

Oh Beth! I watched Marley and Me last night for the first time. It was the saddest thing ever. My hubby and I just sat on the couching bawling!...
And Happy Birthday!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wailed your head off...OF COURSE you did! I cried for a day after watching Marley. Your doggies are adorable!

Elizabeth

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Mary Watkins said...

Hey Sweet Beth,
I am so glad you had a happy birthday.
I am curious to know more about the Kindle. I saw it on Amazon.com and was wondering about it. After you have had yours a while will you tell us more about it?

The photos of your pups were so cute. I know you love those two. Our pets become part of the family.

Have a great weekend.

Blessings,
Mary

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

haha - I'm a young one and I had to look up what a Kindle was...am I pathetic? lol.

I love dogs too...I decided that one day (now this is original - look out!) I'm going to have a boxer and name him Joe. (get it? Joe Boxer?...well...I think its cute.)

Also, Siesta Beth, I wrote a letter to you and haven't had time to send it to LPM - so I posted it on my blog. I'll probably still send it in because, what are the odds you'd have time to read every blog suggested to you? lol.

Anyway - Love you!!
~Manda
aka ~BelovedLily~
aka bluepanda14

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your puppy stories- I just experienced my first "dog healing" by the grace of God. Rig(named for a truck)a beautiful wild man of a yellow lab, became deathly ill while his owners were in New Zealand last week -He could not hold his eyes open and had been ill for a week before the sitter decided to take him to the vet.- Rig has a strong connection to our family(too long a story to tell)- anyway, I was called in and it looked grim- I placed my hands on his sweet head and prayed that the Kingdom of God would come into Rig and any wound or wounds that were associated with his illness. They could not figure out what was wrong after many many tests and believed he was close to death. The next day when I returned I expected to hear we had lost him during the night or that it was leukemia- the tests came back otherwise and he greeted me and his half sister(my lab) with a wagging tail and standing up- he ate a hearty breakfast for the first time in days and appears to be recovering. Thank you, Jesus- thanks for letting me share my happy story- I hope we can all throw balls together with Jesus and our beloved pets one day. Happy Birthday again dear Sister in Christ

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:42 PM , Blogger Deirdre said...

Oh Beth I am so glad you had such a blessing filled day (or week sounds more like)
I don't have anything clever to say, just love you so very much and looking forward to meeting you in heaven, or in Houston in January. Which ever comes first!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:47 PM , Blogger 3girlsmom said...

Told ya you shouldn't watch Marley & Me. SAD SAD SAD.
And Geli is awesome. She should meet my friend's German Shorthair named Mortimer. He's awesome, too. They would get along so nicely.
Not to leave Star out, but she is mighty precious, too. Beanie and Sunny would be proud of these two pups who are taking such good care of their mama & daddy.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to explain to my mother what a Kindle is.

It is probably great with all the traveling that you do-not having to carry or locate reading material.

I am supposed to get Marley and Me in the mail this week. I have pleny of tissues ready.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, this was possibly one of the best posts....So glad you birthday was so special!!! You deserve every minute of the spoiling!! The pictures of Geli and Star are absolutely adorable.....I must say I am partial to Star....but Geli is right up there. She, Geli, looks like she is looking for trouble. What can I dig up next???

Now, what is a kindle?????
Enjoy those birthday gifts!!!

Blessings,
Bible Bunny in NO MI

 
At June 17, 2009 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Nancielynn said...

It was so much fun to read about your many birthday blessings Beth. You have been a blessing to so many. I just found your blog recently and am going to share it with the girls at study tonight. We are going through The Beloved Disciple. In the video last week you said no one should have 3 dogs. I won't tell you how many we have but I will tell you it is more than three and we love each one and enjoy them. I think your puppies are adorable.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 4:01 PM , Blogger KK said...

I know, I never should have watched it alone!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 4:06 PM , Anonymous Ann said...

So glad that you had such a wonderful and special birthday, Beth! I'm with you....if given the choice, I would choose an evening at home with grandchildren rather than eating out! (sadly, mine live in CO) Star and Geli are beautiful dogs! I can't even imagine how spoiled they must be! :) I still haven't watched "Marley and Me"...and after your comments it may be a long while! Our little dog just died 2 months ago and I don't think I'm ready...or could handle it. BTW...I watched your series today on Life Today and it was amazing!!! (about having a sound mind) God has blessed so many of us with your compassion and honesty. Thank you, Beth, for serving us and our God....and serving well!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 4:16 PM , Blogger Dana said...

Haven't had a chance to say "Happy Birthday" yet. I'm so glad it was great!!!

I know just how you feel about preferring to have the grandbabies around. I feel the exact same way. If I have a choice of things to do or gifts to receive, I'll take them here at my house with their giggles and hugs every time!!

Love you to pieces!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Kristib said...

Glad you had such a great b-day! I have to admit I am jealous of the Kindle.

Your puppies are just gorgeous! My 10 year old cocker spaniel thinks he is still a puppy.

Can't wait for Deeper Still in Greensboro next month!

Much love!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 4:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures of the doggie princesses---wow can they strike a pose!

so glad you day was great and it was fun to hear all about it so thanks for sharing.

have a great rest of the week!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 4:43 PM , Blogger katiegfromtennessee said...

Good, you were blessed by the birthday wishes! And, you got to celebrate the way you wanted-doubly good:) Aw, sorry the movie made you upset. Yeah, maybe not watch it next yr...Star and Geli are beautiful dogs. They do bring you joy:)

Blessed evening to you,

katiegfromtennessee

 
At June 17, 2009 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Yolanda said...

Beth,

Awesome, f-u-n, post!

Can I just tell ya, you are gonna love, L.O.V.E. that Kindle!

I've had mine over a year now and shew, it is just the coolest! The girls did swell on your birthday gift, cause I can see you usin' tha thang! :-)

Lovingly,
Yolanda

 
At June 17, 2009 at 5:02 PM , Blogger StaciSpeaks said...

Miss Beth....

I am so blessed by you and I am so blessed that YOU were blessed on your special day!

You have made such a huge impact on my life and my relationship with the Lord would not be what it is today (200% improved with room for yet more improvement...but fear not -- He's not finished with me yet!) without your amazing teachings. Thank you for all you do for all of us who love you from afar!!

Have an awesome evening....
Staci

 
At June 17, 2009 at 5:22 PM , Blogger sos said...

Family, dogs and Kindle...time to get away and enjoy them all.

The Kindle ... post a comment on how much you like/love it! It is the greatest...so easy, so immediate-books in hand, so perfect.

You know there are some very good Beth Moore books available for the Kindle.
Then the Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson for enjoyment--prayer warriors in the making.

Happy Birthday, Beth! You are God's special creation and a very special gift to all of us.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 5:25 PM , Blogger April said...

Happy belated birthday, Beth! I was busy preparing for a birthday sleepover for my own birthday girl.

I loved the pics of your dogs. Star reminds me of Bonnie, our first Border Collie. Bonnie had more white on her, but her ears stood straight up just like Star's. It looks like Star may even have the same unruly fur. I loved that dog! She was my first "child," and she was spoiled. She wasn't with us as long as we would have liked.

Our new Border Collie is a total nut. She is the most energetic dog I have ever seen. But we love her, too.

Enjoy the dog days of summer.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 5:29 PM , Anonymous Rachel in Louisiana said...

I feel so badly about you watching Marley and Me I won't even say "I told you so." :)
Your birthday sounds wonderful! So glad you had a great day. Family and friends...can't go wrong with that.
The dogs are gorgeous. I love German shorthaired pointers!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 5:33 PM , Blogger bittersweet said...

BETH!!!!

You must check this out! Rachael Barkey is a 37 year old Christian wife and mother of 2 who is dying of terminal cancer. She addressed 600 women in Vancouver in March about situation. Amazing! Her testimony is so very sweet. This is a must see. Please take a look and then if you feel led, post the link for the siestas.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your life, dogs and all! Aren't dogs just the best thing in the world?

I am always encouraged by your energy and enthusiasm. When my day is in the ditch, the LPM blog has me smiling in no time!

Susan in San Antonio

 
At June 17, 2009 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like your birthday was so lovingly perfect! YAY! And, a Kindle??? What a great and appropriate gift! I love it! (A big happy belated birthday, I didn't comment on the last post...sorry!)

The dogs are remarkable. Truly, Geli is so beautiful. I love her ears! Of course, fluffy Star is a beauty too!

We made the mistake of taking our three children to see Marley and Me on Christmas Day. The previews made it seem like a comedy and I had not read the book, so we thought it would be a great thing to see on our very first Christmas without extended family obligations. We all left the theater in tears and the kids were very irritated with me for insisting we see THAT movie! I will never live it down! :)

I love this blog so much. The community it has brought to my life is so dear...I love my blog siestas so much! (I was at the Siesta Fiesta and met many of them in real life.) I just wanted to say thanks!

Many blessings and much love,
Teri

 
At June 17, 2009 at 6:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You are going to love your Kindle. Every time you turn it off the coolest picture comes up of a famous author. I would turn mine off and on when I first got it just to see who was next.

Pictures of the dogs are great. I am pondering if I should get another dog after the loss of my beloved 17 year old. Geli and Star make me miss that sweet companionship and fun........

Best,
Mary

 
At June 17, 2009 at 6:49 PM , Blogger BillsGirl said...

Beth,

It sounds like a wonderful and eventful day for you. Just the way birthdays should be.

Your dogs are beautiful. Didn't you get Geli when you visited Mpls. last summer?

God bless you with many more wonderful days with your family,
Mary Ann, Woodbury, MN

 
At June 17, 2009 at 6:50 PM , Blogger ~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you had a special birthday! Family time is the best! I feel blessed that I knew your family when you were growing up. Great memories of good times! I sure am proud of you and I'm so glad we have a blog to keep up with you and your inspired work!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 6:53 PM , Anonymous Katnap said...

Those are some good looking dogs! Haven't watched Marley and Me yet.

Kathie

 
At June 17, 2009 at 7:30 PM , Anonymous Ashley said...

Happy birthday!
Thank you for sharing the photos of your puppies. We adopted a GSP rescue over the weekend. She is five months old, and a bundle of energy, to put it nicely. Lots of love to Geli and Star from our Birdie.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Brian, Michele & My said...

Beth, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I am a June birthday, too! (have you ever noticed how most people born in June are a little more weird than the other months? Its just a theory. :0)
I am so glad you had a great day! We here at the Lenhart house are so thankful for you! (this includes my hubby, Brian and the short~haired Border Collie/pound puppy, Myra Anne, too!) God has used you to bless us a ton! We love you!!
P.S. So glad to see how the "babies" have grown over a year!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 8:09 PM , Anonymous Becky said...

Hey hey,
Thanks for the new pics of the pups.
They do look fun.

Becky

 
At June 17, 2009 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

So glad you had a great birthday!

Loved the update on the pups!! I have recently rekindled a love I had for dogs as a kid. We got a puppy a couple of months ago and he's quickly winning my heart and becoming quite a bud of mine. I hope he will be a part of our family for many years!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 8:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am so glad our Lord blessed your socks off on your special day, Beth. You pour your life out on so many -- it's good to know that it gets poured right back on you! We love you so much.

Blessings and more blessings to you, sweet sister,

Gretchen
Thousand Oaks, CA

P.S. German Shorthair Pointers are the best dogs ever!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

I bawled my eyes out watching Marley & Me too!!How can a movie be SO sad! I felt like the biggest baby. :)

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Beth

I am glad that your birthday was so wonderful! I was unable to get on the computer last night to wish you a Happy Birthday, so I'll wish you a Happy Belated Birthday. Right now I've got some health issues going on (gotta have an ultrasound on my liver tomorrow). When I read your post, I asked the same question that many others did--"What's a kindle?". I've never heard of it. When I found out what it was, I want one!

The pictures of Geli and Star are absolutely fantastic! They are so precious. My beagle, Killer, is seven years old and would kill you with kindness. She is such a sweet, loving dog...When I saw "Marley and Me" (in the theatre, and cried like a baby especially at the end) Killer was sick, so it made it worse.

God bless you in your ministry. You will never know just how much God has used your teaching in my life.

To Fran, who's puppy ate her Bible, the poor baby just wanted to get in the Word the only way she knew how--she did not know it was wrong.

Blessings to all of my wonderful siestas!

Sharon
Pontotoc, MS

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:16 PM , Blogger The Beach Bug said...

They are beautiful and so grown up!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:29 PM , Anonymous Bonnie/Momof3 said...

Beth, I loved, loved hearing about your birthday festivities!! God fills our heart on some days with so much joy we think we will burst, and then there are days when our hearts are so heavy we think they will be broken in two. Nevertheless, God is constant and loves us like crazy on both kinds of days.

I just had to tell you that my husband gave me a Slanket in March for my birthday, and my puppy chewed several small holes in it just in the short time I've had it. I'll think of you now as I am wrapped up in my holey Slanket. Hey, have you driven with your Slanket yet? My husband keeps the car so cool when we drive a long distance. The Slanket is great because I stay warm and still have my hands for reading, etc. One late night when we were traveling and I offered to take the wheel for awhile, I came to the driver's side donned in my Slanket to drive. Yes, the Slanket is drive-wearable. I told my husband if only Beth Moore could see me now. We had a great laugh and then pondered just what I would say if a police officer pulled me over. Ha!

Love to you and yours!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Wendy said...

I've just heard about the kindle! How special and fun for you. Glad you had a wonderful birthday, Beth.

 
At June 17, 2009 at 9:57 PM , Anonymous Charlotte said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I loved the pictures of your dogs they are adorable! I love dogs and cats they are so sweet! God Bless you!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Kate said...

That pic of Geli is ADORABLE!!!!! It should be in a photo contest.

Nights of no sleep and heart wrenching anguish tend to make me a little more perceptive...from what I hear, Pittsburgh went off without a hitch (I think that's how they say it down south).

Love you bunches...glad you had a wonderful birthday!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 10:31 PM , Blogger Jessica Kirkland said...

I thought our family had to be the only family with a German Short Hair in the entire Houston area! :) We looked everywhere for one a year ago and found 1 family selling puppies. They had one male left and had just moved here from Kentucky. So, we felt even more special that we had actually acquired a transfer from another state! We love ours - his name is Dash. So good natured especially around our 3 year old triplets. He lets them roll all over him!

Happy birthday!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Miranda Riley said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday! Love ya!

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:07 PM , Blogger Amber said...

I know this is a little late in the ball game, but Happy Birthday anyway!! It sounds like it was wonderful, and if anyone should have a wonderful one it should be you. It's amazing to think the day you were born God knew He was going to impact so many through you. I am blessed to be one of those impacted! Thank you!
Love,
Amber

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:10 PM , Blogger Ashton said...

Beth,
you are such a doll. And that is what I appreciate about you, you are unpretentious. Even when I watch those clips from the places you travel to and teach, you keep your eyes on Him and heart always humbled. And I just know you want to touch every woman in every place you go to give some of the realness of God to those who need a drink of water.

Little moments I get to see you, give you a hug say a few things are for me little gifts I get to keep in my treasure chest. There are a few long time friends in my life that are dear and will always be, they are in my treasure chest. They are real, love me for me, faithful and encourage me to seek Him, pray, and read the Word.

I just appreciate you! You have never, ever been a phony. Thank you for that.

Love, Allison

P.S. I knew that about Marley & Me. Just too hard to watch once you lose a dog!

Kindle! What will they think of next. And I don't even text...
cut backs

 
At June 17, 2009 at 11:57 PM , Blogger Bobbie said...

So happy you had a great birthday, it sounds like it was a FUN day!

The dogs are really pretty, Geli looks like she's 'velvety' soft! Love her shade of brown!

Have a fun week!
Love and blessings, Bobbie

 
At June 18, 2009 at 1:10 AM , Blogger drea said...

Beth, I haven't watched that movie for that exact reason, I cry enough don't need any help!

I am glad you enjoyed your birthday, what a blessing and pure joy to hear your sweet baby sing happy birthday.

Your dogs SO...cute. I think a beautiful Irish Setter named Jake would set that beautiful duo off to an even more beautiful trio!! You let me know...and I'll send Jake right over!

My husband and i have A LOT of pets. We have inherited them. Long story, but we started with just one dog. Then grandma came to live with us and we got another dog. Then mom came to live with us and yet another dog. THEN if that were not enough, a single friend came to live with us..guess what TWO cats.

New rule if you come to live with the Thiele's YOU COME ALONE!! Ha Ha

Love you so....much!!

 
At June 18, 2009 at 2:04 AM , Anonymous Warm in Alaska said...

Yay for a happy birthday! The dogs look adorable and ALERT - like, "Where's the next bit of mischief we can get into?" What's the book thing-y you got? And I loved the image of an entire cheerleading squad in your head. I just hope the pom poms don't mess with your hair too much~ I know you like to protect your hair and cheerleaders in the brain could do some damage it would seem ~

Laughing at the thought,

Warm in Alaska.

 
At June 18, 2009 at 2:09 AM , Blogger jennyhope said...

They are sooo cute!! I have to say my child (she will be 4 in a few days) was amen-ing you on Life today!! CRACKED ME UP!!
She has already caught on to the fact that you want us to engage and respond to the Lord!!

 
At June 18, 2009 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know how the other siestas feel (of course) but at our bible study last night (of Esther - WOW) I felt like the biggest Beth Moore (& family) stalker when I could recite all this information about you to the group...I mean, it doesn't seem odd when I'm talking with a group of fellow siestas but to a group who doesn't even know what a blog is...shew.

We're on week 3 and you were sharing a story about Beanie going into full point when she sees a squirrel and how Keith will have to pick her up and move her around to get her to move (much like God does with us - how you turn moments like that into a God thing is amazing, by the way) and after the video I shared with the group that it was the one year anniversary of your family being without Beanie and how you had 2 new dogs. SO, all this ramble to say (and wow it's rambly and obviously continuing on) I'm glad you have pictures of your two babies because I'm HOPING some of my group will come to the blog and become Siestas and then they'll see your babies!

I'm looking forward to seeing how you like the Kindle. I just got my daughter's hand me down iPod and have been listening to audiobooks (I loved hearing you read A Heart Like His). I just wonder how I'd do with a reader like Kindle. There's something so satisfying about holding a book in your hands.

I bawled watching Marley & Me but I'm really glad I saw it. My Marley was named Murphy (golden retriever) but he wasn't as well behaved as Marley (can you imagine) and he died of an aneurysm way too young.

Ok, seriously, I must need to talk to people because this is possibly the longest comment I've ever typed. It's like a post all its own.

 
At June 18, 2009 at 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anna said...

Belated birthday Bible Lady,
I often feel I sooo know you and you are a part of my family.
I had no clue what a "kindle" was never having heard that word before . The first thought that went through my mind was maybe it is something like a "spindle". And I thought to myself, does BethMoore's talents and time have no limit to them? Till I googled the word and found out!

Anna.
Canada.

 
At June 18, 2009 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Redeemed said...

Your girls are beautiful (and I'm referring to your four legged girls here....we all know your HUMAN girls are drop dead gorgeous!)

I may be showing my ignorance here, but what's a kindle?

 
At June 18, 2009 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Emmy said...

So cute! Thrilled you had a great birthday! I was thinking of getting my husband a Kindle for his birthday in August... let us know how you like it! I heard Andy Stanley preach a sermon on them and they sound really cool!

 
At June 18, 2009 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Gloria McGinley said...

Would like to see some of your yard and porch gifts.
I am redoing my quiet place in my yard and need some ideas. Can you post some pics? Happy late birthday.

 
At June 18, 2009 at 9:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad God poured down grace on your precious head for your birthday. And such beautiful baby-dogs! Thank you for sharing the pictures. Keep sharing!

Joy in Mansfield, TX

 
At June 18, 2009 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Kristy said...

Glad you had such a delightful birthday Beth!
Please though - what is a KINDLE?
I have to look that up!
I LOVE German Shorthairs - so beautiful!
Haven't watched Marley and Me yet - my daughter wanted to because she loves dogs so much, but I warned her that I had heard it was way too sad - so I've been able to avoid it so far!

 
At June 18, 2009 at 10:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love how you keep all your taped messages of Jackson!I keep all of my Grandaugher Elaine it always makes me smile when I hear her voice. I love being a grandma I also agree about Marley and me once is enough.

 
At June 18, 2009 at 10:27 AM , Blogger kingdombound said...

I cried as well, our pets sure can do a number on our hearts!
I really appreciated your lesson in Pitt. (The Perfect Storm)! It held a lot of food for thought and I have been meditating on it all week.
As a pastor's wife I must answer the church phone 24/7, and on the other end of the line have been increasingly more raging storms to council and deal with. That is why I commented at the seminar that we need to be "constant in the Word and in prayer", so that we can be a source of wisdom to those around us who are going through storms and as a reserve for ourselves in times of troubled waters!
Thank you for the sacrifices you make to do these seminars, your hare work for the Lord is greatly appreciated!

 
At June 18, 2009 at 10:32 AM , Blogger cheryl said...

your puppies are adorable!!!!! Im a huge dog fan with 7 of my own. In addition to those someone just dumped a german sherperd mix pup in my yard . I found her swimming in my pond. After I nurse her to good health ( she has mange) I will need to find her a good home. We are calling her Gabby because she barks at my other dogs like she rules them. They are so much bigger than she is though, its cute, they just sit there starring at her. :) anyone want her? she is sweet as she can be!!!

 
At June 18, 2009 at 10:42 AM , Anonymous Ramona said...

Happy Belated Birthday Beth.
I sent you a letter prior to going to the Pittsburgh event stating how much your teaching has meant to me and changed my life. 2009 has been especially difficult and in fact I have been using the words "Perfect Storm" over and over again all year. So when you introduced your topic I was so blown away that God was speaking to me through you once again. One of my scripture memory verses very early on in the year and the first one that I say aloud every morning in my speech therapy room is Luke 1:45 "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished." When you used that scripture Friday night, you could have knocked me over with a feather!! God is so good to keep encouraging me through you Beth. I was half waiting for you to use the Psalm 36:5-7a as well. I memorized it too!
Siestas, could you please pray for my 19 year old daughter Jackie who went to Spain on Sunday to study for 6 weeks, her luggage is still lost. She has nothing and is now very ill.
I thought I was in the eye of the storm (calm) but if I am, it was a very tiny eye.
With love,
Ramona

 
At June 18, 2009 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Crystal said...

Beth -

I watched Marley and Me after I found out that my baby girl (12 year old yorkie) has a stage 3 heart murmur...not the movie to watch at all in that moment! Needless to say, I sobbed!

Your Star and Geli are precious!! :)

Thanks for always opening up your heart and life to us...it sure helps this single gal!

Have a great day!
Crystal

 
At June 18, 2009 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Aimee said...

Beth,
I sent "home" my 15 year old Dalmation Harley in September..what a rough road that was.
Now my sweet 6yr.old Catahoula has contracted a life threatening illness and we are nursing her through it, not really knowing if she can make it through.
I could FEEL your heartache in your post.
I am in the middle of the Esther bible study and when you talked about being in the middle of a seemingly never ending crisis.."Georgia Blue's" sickness has been that for me.
It was hard trying to get some of the girls in my group to understand or empathize with the heartache I have endured over this "furry daughter" of mine.
Thankyou for sharing your feelings and validating mine.
You have been a blessing in my life in many ways..
Because of HIM,
Aimee

 
At June 18, 2009 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Beth,
Thanks for the review of your birthday celebration. It sounds like a blast as usual. I love the pictures of Geli and Star and have been thinking of them since you spoke of Beanie and Sunny's passing.

I sit here with tears streaming as I lost my beloved chihuahua Rosie on Monday. She was 11 and died in my arms from heart failure. I miss her so much.

Praying for LPL Stockton and anxiously waiting to see you at Deeper Still Greensboro.

Carolyn
Oceanside,Ca

 
At June 18, 2009 at 3:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your doggies are just beautiful. Glad you had a wonderful Birtday.


Oh I didn't tell ya My Poodle was allegic to the over the counter flea Meds cost me 100.00 at the vets with steroids and Him crying and Toby Keith's still got fleas. I got four dogs and they are spoiled.

Have a Blessed and wonderful Day!
Love Ya'll Sue

 
At June 18, 2009 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Shellie Paparazzo said...

My husband said he'd heard it was really sad. I said I hoped you'd survive!

 
At June 18, 2009 at 6:10 PM , Anonymous Kelly Jo said...

What is a kindle? Am I stupid?!... I'll have to say geli is beautiful I've started the ester bible study and I ordered your dvd's a beautiful mind the other night and I can not wait to get them. I'm telling you I have been praying for a sound mind for weeks I have never had to fight so hard for anything in my life. I understand that Jesus has given me a sound mind and I'm asking him to help me to use it. What should I be praying? (I'm opened to any suggestions from anymore) :) Why is it so hard to let go of a fear. It is driving me crazy as I was praying the other night I told Jesus I couldn't take it anymore I have released it bound it and cast it and everything else you can imagine I've layed on the floor in the grass been in the closet on the altar I'm not kidding and prayed and prayed and prayed and feel good then an hour later this fear I've been dealing with seems to enter my mind again. I can not wait to get those Dvd's.
Love you siesta mama

Kelly Jo

 
At June 18, 2009 at 6:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing in the world like the love of your dog. Nothing. Thank you God for them.

 
At June 18, 2009 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Dionna said...

I'm so sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday! But it sounds like you were just lavished with love. :)

I wonder if you can put blogs on a kindle? Wouldn't that be a kick to read your siesta's stuff and thoughts?

 
At June 18, 2009 at 8:51 PM , Blogger bigdogmom said...

Dear Beth,
I am so glad that you had such a wonderful birthday. June is a good month to be born. Right? Mine was June 11.
Your fur children are beautiful. The puppy stage is definilty challenging. It is a good thing that they are so cute. I had a dalmation that ate all of the book of Galations out of my Bible. I guess that was the one reason he was allowed to live. He was full of God's word.

I have no idea what a Kindle is but I have seen one. It Sounds neat.
Bless you, Beth. I just love you to pieces.
Kels

 
At June 19, 2009 at 1:11 AM , Blogger Shellie Paparazzo said...

Fran, your dog is just hungry for the word. Feed her!

 
At June 19, 2009 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Cinde said...

I knew you were going to be in trouble with Marley and Me! I cannot bring myself to watch it. My next door neighbor, who is a big manly guy (owns a trucking company), bawled his head off during that movie. After his wife told me that, I knew it was going on the list of movies not to watch! So glad you shared pictures of the girls - they have grown up into beautiful young "ladies".

 
At June 19, 2009 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

watching Marley and Me was a big mistake for us too, even 3 years after loosing our beloved Sam, a yellow lab of love, we both had to leave the room sobbing...our Sam will be in our hearts forever. Now we have a smart, determined, talkative, active German Shepherd. I just wish they lived at least 25 years!

 
At June 19, 2009 at 8:52 PM , Anonymous Nancy said...

Thanks for the new photos of your four legged babies! I absolutely love them! Wish I could join them in the backyard rolling around! I lost one of my 'babies' last year in August so I was right there with ya when you lost your precious ones. (Bawled my eyes out when I read about their passings.) Still have two others here at home - don't tell them their d-o-g-s they don't know! Laughed out loud when you wrote about Geli and Star chewing holes in your slanket. I have a snuggie and just love it. Dakota, our Austrialia Shepherd / Catahula mix loves to climb up in my lap and snuggle with me in it. (Don't tell him he's not a lap dog either!)

Glad you had a wonderful birthday! Love you and your family bunches and bunches!
love-n-hugs,
Nancy

 
At June 20, 2009 at 12:55 AM , Blogger Cindy in Ferndale said...

Happy belated Birthday !
May you be blessed as you have blessed so so many of us. <3

 
At June 20, 2009 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Beth said...

Been in St. Louis so missed out on all that has been happening. Hope you had an amazing birthday and from the sound of things you did. Will celebrate my
11th year next month of seeing you for the first time and having an Ebenezer experience at Whitesburg Baptist in Huntsville. Thank you for your humility and keeping it real. Love to you and your babies (dogs).

 
At June 21, 2009 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Christy said...

I am just catching up on the blog & just wanted to wish you a happy belated birthday.

The dogs are cuties!! So glad you shared their pictures.

I sooooo want a kindle. My theory is that when I get caught up on reading books already purchased I will buy me one. That may be awihle so I may have to break down before then.

 
At June 23, 2009 at 2:29 PM , Anonymous Laura said...

Oh, Beth, your post made me feel so much better about MY dogs! We have two Vizslas (ages one and five) and I thought I was the only one whose dogs eat everything in sight and can render anything virtually useless in a matter of moments! I always thought anyone as cute and together as Beth Moore surely has just divine dogs!!! :-)

 
At July 15, 2009 at 3:17 PM , Anonymous Stacy said...

I just came across this link and immediately thought of Beth and her Kindle. I'm a Kindle user too and I thought this was hysterical!

http://smellofbooks.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home