Siesta Scripture Memory Team: Verse 10!
Hey, Sweet Things! It's been several days since I posted this but I have to get back on here and tell you how PROUD I am of you! I see some fresh fire in your Scripture memory! Our sign-ins had dipped just a tad and now they're heading back up. I know that also means we have newbies and I'm just as thrilled about that. I know this is HARD but, Girlfriends, we will do few things with greater personal impact than plastering Scripture on the walls of our minds. I am so proud of you. Let's see this through!
Original Post:
Hey, my dear Siestas! I’ve just been thinking about the power that resides in a personal testimony and how our stories with God are meant to be told. And not just one single encounter shared over and over, as beautiful as that can be, but a lifetime of experiences lived out with a living, breathing ever-faithful Redeemer. One of the things God warns us about often in His Word is not forgetting what He’s done: what we’ve seen with our own eyes, what we’ve experienced with our own hearts. Nobody and nothing gets to take those things from us. My memory verse this time talks about that very thing. It’s Deuteronomy 4:9 out of the New International Version.
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
Keep telling your stories, Sweet Siestas. Don’t decide it wasn’t that big a deal after all…or that maybe you made it up, or that maybe it was just a coincidence. It was GOD. Revelation 12:11 says we overcome the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimonies! Let’s open our mouths wide and tell it.
Okay, now let's hear yours! Name, city, and verse!
____________________________________
Here are some answers to commonly asked questions about our celebration event in January of 2010.
Siesta Scripture Memory Celebration FAQ's
When and where can I register?
Registration will take place through our Living Proof web site and will begin in October. We will definitely let you know when it starts.
Where will the event be held?
The conference will be held at Houston’s First Baptist Church (7401 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77024). You can find maps and turn-by-turn directions on their website: http://www.hfbc.org/Location
When does the event begin?
The conference begins Friday, January 22, at 7 pm and will conclude Saturday, January 23, at noon.
What airport do I fly into?
There are two main airports located within 30 minutes of the church. Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) is Continental Airlines’ hub and William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) is one of Southwest Airlines’ largest hubs.
Where can I stay?
Hotels located close to Houston’s First Baptist Church:
Holiday Inn Express
713-688-2800
7625 Katy Freeway 77024
Hilton Garden Inn (near Galleria)
713-212-1503
3201 Sage Road 77056
Omni Hotel
713-871-8181
Four Riverway @ Woodway 77056
Drury Inn & Suites
713-963-0700
1615 West Loop South 77027
Hampton Inn
713-871-9911
4500 Post Oak Parkway 77027
Sheraton Houston Brookhollow
713-613-0648
3000 North Loop West 77092
Courtyard by Marriott Houston
713-688-7711
2504 North Loop West 77092
La Quinta
713-355-3440
1625 West Loop South 77027
Marriott by the Galleria
713-960-0111
1750 West Loop South 77027
Embassy Suites
713-626-5444
2911 Sage Road 77056
The Houstonian
713-680-2626
111 North Post Oak Lane 77024

1914 Comments:
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his great power. Wear the full armor of God. Wear God's armor so that you can fight against the devil's evil tricks.
Ephesians 6:10-11 (NIV)
Cynthia - Richmond, VA
PS 18:30 NIV
As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.
Annette
Richmond, TX
Psalm 27:13-14 NASB
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the LORD.
John 16:33 NASB
These things I (Jesus) have spoken to you, so that in ME you may have peace.
In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.
Michelle
Woodstock, Vermont
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:16 NIV
mitzi
Newnan, Ga
Micah 6:8 (NIV)
He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Elaine
New Orleans, LA
"Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light."
Micah 7:8 (NIV)
Kathy in St.Louis, MO
So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time. Matthew 6:34 TLB
Psalm 107:20-21 (NIV)
”He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.”
Annette G; Houston, TX
Psalm 94:18-19 NET
If I say "my foot is slipping", your loyal love, O Lord, supports me. When worries threaten to overwhelm me, Your soothing touch makes me happy.
Beth in Mullica Hill, NJ
Psalm 55:22
KJV
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved
Susan
England, UK.
O LORD, there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears.
1 Chronicles 17:20
NASB
Angela
Rensselaer, IN
O Lord, open my lips, And my mouth shall show forth Your praise. For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and contrite heart-These, O God, You will not despise. Psalm 51:15-17 (NKJV)
Gina - Benton, IL
He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. Psalm 112:7 NIV
amen!
karen
louisville, KY
Thanks Beth, I needed this verse......
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.” Deut. 4:9 NIV
Thank you Beth!
God has done so much in me, most recently a revelation of how to set my mind on living for his will, not mine. To abandon myself to him so I won't keep being afraid of being abandoned by others. And tonight my church will make me a Conference Ministerial Candidate.
Since Jesus went through everything you're going through and more, learn to think like him. Think of your sufferings as a weaning from that old sinful habit of always expecting to get your own way. Then you'll be able to live out your days free to pursue what God wants instead of being tyrannized by what you want.
1Peter 4:1-2 Message
Michele
Liverpool, NY
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 NIV
Ginger
Wetumpka, Alabama
"Stand firm then with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace."
Ephesians 6:14&15 (NIV)
Karen D.
Martinsville, NJ
The king is enthralled by your beauty;
honor him, for he is your lord.
(Psalm 45:11)
Angie
Clarkston, MI
Kim VAnder Helm
Allendale, MI
Psalms 37: 7 & 8 (NIV)
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret, it leads only to evil.
"Teach us to number our days aright,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom."
Psalm 90:7
Kristy
New Orleans, LA
Incline your ear, O LORD, and answer me, for I am poor and needy.
Psalm 86:1 (ESV)
Rachel Winn
Wichita (Waiting to be OC, California)
"When you walk you won't be held back. When you run you won't stumble. Take hold of my instructions, don't let them go. Guard them for they are the key to life."
Proverbs 4:11-12 NLT
Adana
Frisco, TX
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (NASB)
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh,for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.
Barb
Des Moines, IA
1 Peter 3:9 NIV
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
Leigh Ann Long
Macon, Ga.
Isaiah 43:2-3a NIV
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. And when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your savior.
Sharon
Lakeway TX
And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
1John 3:23-24 (NIV)
Laura
Clay Center, KS
"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands."
- Isaiah 49:15-16 NIV
Adrienne
Jasper, TN
"whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or priaseworthy--think about such things." Phil. 4:8
Jill in Trussville, AL
Isaiah 49:16 (NIV)
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.
Julie
Rosemount, MN
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matt. 11:28-30 NIV
Christy
Greeley, CO
Let the wife see that she respects her husband--that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates and esteems him, and that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly.
Ephesians 5:33 Amplified
Janice
Arcanum, OH
"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts to wisdom." Psalm 90:12 KJV
"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth forever." Psalm 111:10 KJV
Allison A
Houston, Texas
This was one you posted earlier this week and it touched my heart.
When I said,"My foot is slipping," your love , O Lord supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.
Psalm 94:18-19
Tammy S.
Howells NE
Psalm 33:18 (NIV)
But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear Him, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love.
Cheryl
Austin, TX
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed, we are perplexed, but not in despair, persecuted, but not forsaken struck down, but not destroyed -"
2 Cor. 4: 7-9 NKJ
Diane,
Ontario, Canada
"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others."
Philippians 2:3-4 NIV
Holly Smith
Monument, CO
Yay! I was anxiously anticipating posting my scripture this morning!
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NIV
Chrystie C
Piedmont SC
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!"
Lamen. 3:24, NKJV
Patti, Kissimmee, FL
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
Deuteronomy 4:9 (NIV)
Tammie
Cleveland, MS
Kimberly Orr
Zionsville, IN
ACTS 28:27 NASB
"FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
AND WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES
OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT SEE WITH THEIR EYES
AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
AND I WOULD HEAL THEM."'
eLisa
New York
Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Janae - Riverside,PA
Philippians 1:20-21(NIV)
"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."
Ezekiel 11:19
"I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh."
Andrea
Louisville, KY
Ps. 18:28-29 NIV
"You ,O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall."
Cathy
Jerusalem, Israel
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
1 Corinthians 2:2 (NIV)
Loretta Bushlack
Marion, Iowa
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
I Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)
Holly
Cypress, Tx
Joan
Portage,MI
Ecclesiastes 5:2 NIV
"Do not be quick with your mouth,do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven, and you are on earth,so let your words be few."
1 Corinthians 2:5 (NIV)
'so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.'
Bobbie Lutz
College Station, TX
May 15, 2009 - "Being confident in this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." - Phillippians 1: 6 (NIV)
Deana O'Hara
Broken Arrow, OK
ps - Thank you for the great word on telling our stories - boy did I need that today. ;-) Love you!
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. Psalm 130:5
Lisa
Marion, IN
Though we are overwhelmed by our sins, you forgive them all.
Psalm 65:3 (NLT)
Angie
Hickory NC
1 Peter 3: 3&4 (working my way through the fist 6 verses)NIV
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
Deirdre Russell
Atlanta, GA
Prayer Lady
Pasadena, TX
NIV
Deuteronomy 4:9
"Be careful and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them"
Deuteronomy 4:9 NIV
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
Wanda
North Canton, Ohio
Sow with a view to righteousness, Reap in accordance with kindness; Break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the Lord until He comes to rain righteousness on you.
Hosea 10:12, NAS
Missy
Campbellsville, KY
Let me hear Your loving-kindness in the morning; For I trust in You; Teach me the way in which I should walk; For to You I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8 NASB
Patti, Douglasville, GA
"If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: "They hated me without reason."
When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning."
John 15:24-27 NIV
Becky
Owasso OK
"If I have prophetic powers,
and understand all mysteries
and all knowledge,
and if I have faith
so as to remove mountains,
but do not have love,
I am nothing."
~1 Corinthians 13:2
Melissa
Greencastle, PA
Hebrews 11:6 (NIV)
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him.
Donna Garvin
Eldorado, Texas
Psalm 34:18 (NIV)
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Leah
Asheville, NC
"Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should."
Psalm 90:12 (TLB)
K.; Poplar Bluff, MO
Jeremiah 31:17
"So there is hope for your future," declares the Lord. "Your children will return to their own land."
Melinda
Punta Gorda, Fla.
www.parentingconfessions.com
Can I add a request here, fellow Siestas? I am stepping out into some new areas of ministry where I believe God is leading and I have never been under such fierce physical and spiritual attack. My children, esp. my 12-year-old daughter is under a lot of attack as well... (hence my verse this week.)
I know you don't know me, but I've been visiting this blog since it began although I don't comment a lot. I could really use your prayers. Thank you so much!!
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen"
Ephesians 4:29 NIV
Jaimee
Robbinsdale, MN
"Only by Your power can we push back our enemies; only in Your name can we trample our foes. I do not trust in my bow; I do not count on my sword to save me. You are the only one who gives us victory."
Psalm 44:5-7 (NLT)
Martha
Asheville, NC
Beverly
Psalm 9:10 TNIV
"Those who know Your Name trust in You, for You, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek You."
Beverly
Pearland, TX
For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving, recognizing, and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in the same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as t obe continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death.
Phil 3:10 Amplified
Mary
Fairfax, VA
"Ah, Sovereign LORD, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for You."
Jeremiah 32:17 NIV
Kay Martin
Tupelo, MS
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4 (NIV)
Colossians 3:12 NIV
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
Heidi
Lindale, Texas
Habakkuk 1:5 (NIV)
Look at the nations and watch--and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
Jane
Boone, NC
My verse is:
"I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside, it shall not cleave me."
Pslams 101:3
KJV
Pam
Hickory, NC
9However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him"— 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
I Cor. 2:9-13(NIV)
Tammie
Columbia, SC
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the new life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20 (ESV)
Kristin, Jacksonville, AL
Phil 4:8 NIV
"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent of praiseworthy - think about such things."
Kristy
Princeton , NC
Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.
Heb 10:35-36 (NASB)
Sylvia
Georgetown TX
Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
Deut. 4:9 NIV
Raines
Albany, Georgia
"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you;
He will NEVER leave you nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid.
Do not be discouraged."
Deut. 31:8 (NLV)
Traci
Vadnais Heights, MN
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."
~1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)
Poorna Ramakrishnan
Indianapolis, IN
Lisa J
Harrisonburg, VA
"Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law,you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgement on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save you and destroy you. But you - who are you to judge your neighbor?"
James 4:11-12 (NIV)
"All you have made will praise you, O Lord; Your saints will extol you. They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might, so that all men may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom."
Psalm 145:10-12 NIV
Andrea
Woodstock. GA
Teach me Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth;
give me an undivided heart, that I may fear Your name.
Psalm 86:11
NIV
Kelly
Alamogordo, NM
Proverbs 3:1-4
1 My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart,
2 for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.
3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.
Tina Lyn, Odessa, TX
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope.
My soul waits for the Lord. More than those who watch for the morning-Yes, more than those who watch for the morning.
Psalm 130: 5,6 NKJV
Mary
Anacortes, WA
[TIP: zionshope.org has an excellent article entitled "The Kings of the Earth" to assist in understanding the passage for easier memorization. Scroll down the left hand side of the page.]
Psalm 2 - KJV (Part 2)
- I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.
- Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
- Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
- Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
- Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
- Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
Trudy
Alberta, Canada
Deut 4:9 (NIV)
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
Tami
Denham Springs, LA
Philippians 4:6 (ESV)
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
Stephanie
Dacula, GA
Acts 17:26 (NIV)
From one man He made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.
Diana
North Attleboro, MA
Who may worship in your sanctuary, Lord? Who may enter your presence on your holy hill? Psalm 15:1 NLT
Jill
Vandalia, MO
Stacey -Morocco,In
Isaiah 41:10
(New International Version)
10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
In the same way, count yourselves deat to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Romans 6:11 NIV
Tracey,
DeKalb, TX
Becky
Brentwood TN
Matt. 7:8
NIV
For everyone who seeks receives; he who seeksfinds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
Deuteronomy 12:12 NLT
You must celebrate there in the presence of the Lord your God with your sons and daughters and all your servants.
"I said, 'I will watch my ways and keep my tongue from sin; I will put a muzzle on my mouth as long as the wicked are in my presence.'"
Ps. 39:1
Janet from St. Louis
The wicked are edgy with guilt, ready to run off even when no one is after them. Honest people are relaxed and confident, bold as lions.
Proverbs 28:1 (Message)
Megan, Columbus, Ohio
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you. He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice, Blessed are all who wait for him. Isaiah 30:18 NIV Pam in San Diego
...make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:5-8
Liz
Flower Mound, TX
Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation. The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.
Habakkuk 3:17-19 (NLT)
Debbie
Monroe, CT
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
Deut. 4:9
Lori from Syracuse, NY
If I say, "My foot is slipping," Your loyal love, O Lord, supports me. When worries threaten to overwhelm me, Your soothing touch makes me happy. -Psalm 94:18-19
Ashley
Grand Junction, CO
John 15; 16 - 17 (NIV)
"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other.
Krystal,
North Little Rock
Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
Deuteronomy 4:9 NIV
Janan, Houston
. The Lord is my portion, says my soul, “Therefore I have hope in Him.” The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.
Lamentations 3: 24-25 (NASB)
Marty Harper
Cypress, Tx
"Be joyfull always; pray continually: give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Amy
Mobridge, SD
Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Beth
Cary, NC
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After makinng purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. Hebrews 1:3 (ESV)
Patricia
LaBelle, Florida
For You have been my hope O Sovereign, Lord, my confidence since my youth.
Psalm 71:5 NIV
Richelle Barding
Kingston, TN
"Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities;
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit;
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle."
Psalm 103:1-5 NAS
Nitsa
Camas, WA
Deuteronomy 4:9 (NIV)
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
Karla
Nashville, TN
1 John 4:12 (HCSB)
No one has ever seen God,
If we love one another, God remains in us and His love is perfected in us.
Mary Ann Holton
Woodbury, MN
[P.S. This was the one of the readings on Mother's Day, and it tendered my heart immediately. Wrote it in my spiral index while the sermon was starting. It couldn't wait. :-)]
Deut. 4:9 NIV
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
Judy - Houston, TX
"But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgement for every careless word thay have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted and by your words you will be condemed."
Matt 12:36-37 (NIV)
Pam
Greensboro, NC
"Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them."
Deut 4:9
(NIV)
Judy
Linden,TX
For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
2 Cor. 5:14 NIV
Leslie Young
Wisner, La.
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his great power. Wear the full armor of God. Wear God's armor so that you can fight against the devil's evil tricks.
Ephesians 6:10-11 (NIV)
Christal
Evans, GA
In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
Psalm 5:3 (NIV)
Jennie~Johnson City, TN
Jeremiah 33:3 NLT
Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.
Melanie Miller
Nampa ID
God told them, "I've never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love!"
Jeremiah 31:3 MSG
Yolanda - Ulysses, KS
"Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."
Colossians 4:6 (NIV)
Diane
Chesapeake, VA.
Margie
Hilton Head, SC
13"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.
14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:13-16 (NIV)
Siestas
I'm writing to you asking for you to pray for me today. Please I begg of you. I am at a cross road.
Stay or leave my marriage
Keep in the word or quite
wanting to die
I have no friends around me, no church to call my own no pastor that knows how to help,he has jsut madw things wors. my husband is very contllong, my kids tolerate me.
I feel so done.
I called out the fleese last night to the question of my salvation, as I knew in my heart the answer was yes, but others think I am not.
I'm tired, I'm confussed, I'm alone.
I only write to you because you don't know me.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
Mercy
Tampa, FL
"I will bless the LORD at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth."
Psalms 34:1 (KJV)
Pam Houston
Buena Park, CA
1 Peter 4:8 NIV
Above all,
love each other deeply
because love covers over
a multitude of sins.
Suzanne, Harrisville, RI
I will be your God throughout your lifetime-until your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.
Isaiah 46:4 (NLT)
Bethany-Merced,CA
Melinda-Just want you to know that I am praying for you as you step out in confidence and trust in our Lord in your new ministry opportunity. Also praying for your girl...no one or nothing can snatch her out of His hand! Trusting His promise of return with you!
Be Blessed Sister!
Psalm 94:18-19 NET
If I say "my foot is slipping", your loyal love, O Lord, supports me. When worries threaten to overwhelm me, Your soothing touch makes me happy.
~Sandy
Keller, TX
Be careful and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
Deut. 4:9 NIV
Chris
Canton, NC
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. Ps. 143:8 NIV
AMEN!
Karen
Tallahassee, FL
Micah 6:8, NIV
He has showed you, O woman, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Paula
Russell, KY
Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 25:4-5(NIV)
Jennifer
Charlotte, NC
Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.
Colossians 4:2 NIV
donna mt. pleasant NC
**My 15yr. old autistic daughter asked Jesus in her heart in March and was baptized on May 3. Thank you LORD!!
Deuteronomy 4:9 NIV
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
Lori
wildwood florida
Last time I steal yours :)
Isaiah 53:5 - 6 NIV
But He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. 6. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Amen, Thank you Lord.
Jerri Ann Smith
Memphis, TX
"Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2 (NIV)
Becky
Murfreesboro, TN
Isaiah 25:1 (NIV)
O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name,
for in perfect faithfulness
you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.
Sandi
Williams Bay, Wisconsin
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:16 KJV
Deidre
Hickory, NC
1 Thessalonians 5:15
See to it that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another. (NASB)
jenny- SF Bay Area
Philippians 1:9-11 (NLT)
"I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ’s return. May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation—the righteous character produced in your life by Jesus Christ—for this will bring much glory and praise to God."
Dawn Jenkins
Levelland, Texas
Marcia - Portland, OR
Hebrews 10:37 - 39 NJKV
For yet a little while, and He who is coming will come and will not tarry. Now the just live by faith; But if anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him. BUT we are not of those who draw back to perdition, but of those who believe to the saving of the soul.
"[We are]...always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies."
2 Cor. 4:10 (ESV)
Shelly
Nashville, TN
Psalm 16:5-6 NIV:
Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
Jeannie - Richmond, VA
Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
Matthew 6:34 (The Message)
Dianne - Hartselle, AL
For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on a promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise. Galatians 3:18 NIV
In Spanish:
Si la herencia se basa en la ley, ya no se basa en la promesa; pero Dios se la concedió gratuitamente a Abraham mediante una promesa. Gálatas 3:18 NVI
Beth S.
Coon Rapids, MN
Psalm 94:19 (New International Version)
19 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul.
Becca- Atoka, TN
'do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.'
Philipians 4:6 (ESB)
Judy in Oswego, NY
I so hope I can come in January, and with God's blessings I will be!
Romans 5:5 (NIV)
And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.
Sacha, Midland,TX
Nancy Adkins
Culloden, WV
Deu 4:9 NIV "Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them."
Ps 9:10 (NIV)
Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
Wendy T.
Elm City, NC
Ephesians 4:29 (NIV)
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Sharon
Lincoln Park, Mi.
Isa 45:22 AMP
Look to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God,l and there is no other.
Isa 45:22
Sandy S.
Houston
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV
Valerie
Sparks, Nevada
Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us...
21 to Him be glory in the Church, and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Susan Knowles
Bradenton, FL
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self control; and to self control, perserverance; and to perserverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
2 Peter 1:5-7 (NIV)
Lorie B - Littleton, CO
And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death.
Revelation 12:11 (NASB)
Debra
Cathay, ND
I give you this instruction in keeping with the pophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith.
I Timothy 1:18-19 NIV
Angela Sweeny
Kokomo, IN
The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged.
Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)
Leigh Clemmons
Montgomery, Alabama
Job 19:25-27 (NIV)
I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh will I see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes, I and not another. How my heart yearns within me!
Laura
Englewood, Colo.
1 John 4:4(NIV)
You, dear children are from God, and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
Angie
Deltona, FL
So humble yourselves before God,
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Come close to God; and
God will come close to you.
James 4:7-8 (NLT)
Barbara, Arcadia, CA
Helen Wall
Crystal City, Manitoba, Canada
Colossians 3:10 (NASB)
and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him
"Sing for joy and be glad O daughter of Zion, for behold I am coming and I will dwell in your midst;" declares the Lord .
Zechariah 2:10
NASB
Stacey
Orlando, FL
1 Peter 3:9 NIV
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
Susan
Murphy, NC
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
Deuteronomy 4:9
NIV
Sandy
Pontotoc,MS
I REALLY liked this verse from your post the other day...
Psalm 94:18-19 NET-
If I say, "My foot is slipping," Your loyal love, O Lord, supports me. When worries threaten to overwhelm me, Your soothing touch makes me HAPPY."
Summer
Willow Spring, NC
Romans 12:1-2 (NIV)
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Tanya A.
Dayton, OH
Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Psalm 90:14 (NIV)
Sharon
Boerne,TX
"Lord, all my desires are before you ; and my sighing is not hidden from you. " Psalm 38:9 NIV
Patty ~ Murfreesboro, TN
No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from Me. NIV
Cheryl G - Houston
Tammy
Merryville, La
2 Peter 1:2 KJV
"Grace and peace be multiplied
unto you through the knowledge
of God, and of Jesus our God."
John 1:16
From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
John 1:16 NIV
Carolyn Medlin
Oceanside,Ca
Deuteronomy 4:9 out of the New International Version.
“Be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.”
Mary H.
Ardmore, AL
Blessed is she who believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished.
Luke 1:45 (NIV)
Marcy, Redmond, OR
Is 50: 4 (The Message)
The Master, God, has given me a well-taught tongue, So I know how to encourage tired people. He wakes me up in the morning. Wakes me up, opens my ears to listen as one ready to take orders. The Master, God, opened my ears, and I didn't go back to sleep, didn't pull the covers back over my head.
Karen H., Stephenville, TX
Psalm 27:13-14
I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
Tammy
Spartanburg, SC
James 5:13 (NIV)
“Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.”
Amy
Oklahoma
"Ah, Soverign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." (NIV)
Jer. 32:17
Tanya
Sharpsville, IN
Hebrews 10:35 (nasb)
Therefore, do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
Nancy-Camilla, GA
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who DOES NOT CHANGE like shifting shadows.
James 1:17 (NIV)
Janice, Burkburnett, TX
But my God shall supplyy all of your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philipians 4:19
Shannon
Houston, TX
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret, it leads only to evil.
Psalms 37: 7 & 8 (NIV)
Beki
Ball, LA
I will walk among you. I will be your God, and you will be my people.
Leviticus 26:12 NLT
Tracy Seitz (aka: Beth Moore look alike)
Moberly, MO
Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
James 1:22
NIV
Kelly - Abilene, TX
Deuteronomy 4:9 NIV
Be careful and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
Rikki
Cedar Rapids, IA
Deuteronomy 4:9 (NLT)
“But watch out! Be careful never to forget what you yourself have seen. Do not let these memories escape from your mind as long as you live! And be sure to pass them on to your children and grandchildren."
Loretta-Helena, MS
Isaiah 32:17 (NIV)
The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever."
Eleanor
North Palm Beach, FL
Love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life.
Deuteronomy 30:20
Tracy
Spring, TX
Rev. 12:11, Lamsa translation
We have conquered the enemy by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony
Kathy, Austin
O satisfy us in the morning with Your lovingkindness, That we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Psalms 90:14 NASB
Blair~ Middle East
Continuing on with Psalm 139 (NIV)
verse 10 "...even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."
Valerie - Oklahoma
Acts 3:19 (NIV)
Repent then and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.
Tammy
Lusby, MD
"It is good to wait quietly for deliverance from the LORD."
Lamentations 3:26 (HCS)
Lina
Lompoc, CA
Now listen, daughter, don't miss a word: Forget your country, put your home behind you. Be here -- the king is wild for you. Since he's your lord, adore him.
PS 45:10-11 Message
Jan Witt
Topeka, KS
"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. 'May those who love you prosper.'"
Psalm 122:6 HCSB
Casi
Woodway, TX
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:26 (NIV)
Rebecca-Conway, AR
Lamentations 3:21-26
"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."
Jamie English
Longview, TX
"I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds."
Jer. 30:17
Linda
San Luis Obispo, CA
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4 (NIV)
Kelli-Lebanon, TN
1 Peter 3:9 [NIV]
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
Trechell
Spring, TX
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect.
1 Corinthians 15:10a
NIV
Joni Leahy
Littleton, Co
Though you have not seen him, you love him, and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy.
1 Peter 1:8 (NIV)
Jeanne, Santa Rosa, Ca
Post a Comment
<< Home