Friday, February 13, 2009

Siesta Scholarship Fund

Hey, Siestas! I have something very exciting to share with you! Let me give you a little background so you’ll get the full picture. Like most of you, I was deeply burdened by the financial needs our sisters shared on the blog several weeks ago. My LPM staff of mighty prayer warriors and I divided up every one of those needs and prayed for them specifically. I also deliberated over and over before God about what else I could do. I can’t tell you how much I wanted to just start writing checks. Living Proof Ministries does not have the kind of non-profit that can give cash to individuals, so my frustration mounted. That’s when the Lord spoke such a clear word to me in my heart. It went something like this:

“Stick with what I’ve called you to do at the ministry. You can’t give away money but you can give away many other material things to people and churches that could really use them.” God then began to lay out a strategic plan to set up a scholarship fund through our blog community to donate materials (books, CD’s, DVD’s, and event tickets) to those whom God directs. LPM has always actively donated, but setting up a fund like this would greatly enhance what we’re able to give and also add a fabulous dimension to our community.

I immediately went to Linda, our LPM accountant, told her the vision as I understood it from God and asked her if it would work. She gave it a thumbs-up and began setting up the system and, as of right now, it is up and running. Here’s how it will work: We will now have a way for any of you Siestas who are not as financially strapped to give any amount of money the Lord directs to what will now be called “The Siesta Scholarship Fund.” Girlfriend, it can be $5 and we’d be thrilled! Your Siesta Mama is going to put up or shut up, so I want you to know that I brought my checkbook from home and, with great joy, am making the very first ever donation, $1,000, to our new scholarship fund. In fact, let me stop right now and write the check.

OK, it’s written. If you also want to write a check (for any amount, of course), you’ll make it out to Living Proof Ministries just like I did, but you absolutely must designate “Siesta Scholarship Fund” in the memo so they’ll know where to put it.

Mail it to:
Living Proof Ministries
12131 Malcomson Road
Houston, Texas 77070

You can also make a donation to the fund online by using this link below. When given the option in the online form, please designate it "In honor of The Siesta Scholarship Fund.”

Click here to donate online

I give you my word that these donations (whether by check or online by charge) will only be used for the expressed purpose of giving away materials. I also want you to know that we will always tell the recipients that they have received them as a gift from the LPM Siesta Blog Community.

With these donations, Living Proof will then begin appropriating materials for priority needs that hit the ministry. This is where I really need your understanding. This scholarship fund would not just be by Siestas for Siestas. It would be by Siestas for anyone at the discretion of our ministry based on the needs that we encounter. I fear that if we limited our donations only to Siestas, it could open the door to all manner of challenges (like how we’d choose between one and another) and, worse yet, it could skew our pure-hearted motives and purposes here on the blog. The purpose of our fellowship here needs to remain what it has been from the start: encouragement to walk faithfully and authentically with our Lord Jesus Christ. We have requests for materials and tickets constantly from people in need and, if you’d be willing to trust our discretion, I promise you we will seek the Lord’s direction. We will also make available a report of our ingoing and outgoing donations periodically so you can see for yourself how the money is being handled.

This is a great time for me to tell you that we work very hard at Living Proof Ministries to maintain the utmost financial accountability and, it you glance at our home page, you’ll see our “ECFA Member” seal (Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability). If you give that website a glance, you’ll know that we have to maintain the utmost standards (including an annual audit) to keep that coveted seal.

OK, here’s what I want to do today as a way to launch a spirit of giving in our blog community. In lieu of comments, if you know of a mission church or a small or struggling church that could really use a set of Bible study DVD’s, please post their name and mailing address as your response to this post. (Continental USA addresses please to keep shipping costs from becoming astronomical.) 48 hours after I run this post, we will do a drawing to give away 5 full DVD sets. These will be gifts from LPM and the cost will not be subtracted from our Siesta Scholarship Fund. We’ll then post the 5 winners and send the sets on their way in your honor. I will have a cute card prepared for all materials that go out in your honor and from the scholarships you make possible. I am so excited about this!

Now, listen here. We expect to have this blog and this scholarship fund for years to come SO if you can’t give a single dollar toward it right now, don’t you feel the least bit guilty. I don’t want a single person feeling under compulsion. God wants us to give cheerfully. Even with outright hilarity! So do not give a dime you are not free and thrilled to give. This is the time for those of us not suffering financially to take up the slack for those of us who are. We love all of you so much. Never feel condemned or pressured here.

I can’t wait to share an update with you! I’ll give it about a week and let you know what’s been given so far.

Lord, do Your thing! Edify Your Church and glorify Your great Name!

288 Comments:

At February 13, 2009 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Lydia said...

I think this is very awesome and I will be contributing!

I would like to nominate Baptist Fellowship in Plainfield, Indiana. They are a new church plant and can definitely use any and all materials that would come their way.
The pastor's name is Mark Cox and the mailing address is PO Box 448, Plainfield, IN 46168.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fairlawn Heights Wesleyan Church
5400 Huntoon
Topeka, KS 66604

Hollie Copeland

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:43 PM , Blogger The Farmer's Wife said...

Oh, I am SO excited about this! I made a covenant this January to give a certain amount every month to a mission fund this year, and have been praying about where the need is, specifically. I started crying, when I read your post and believe that THIS is where my gift needs to go. I want anyone who is hungry for the Lord to have the opportunity to dig their toes into a good Bible study or encouraging book or go to a LPM event.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Restoration Ministries Michigan
711 Hubbard Avenue
Flint, Michigan 48503-4922

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

Windsor United Methodist Church
201 Main Street
Windsor, Missouri 65360
** This is my childhood church which is extremely small. They have had such struggles in the last several years that they have even met in the winter with no heat. Satan has really attacked them in the area of their pastoral leadership, as well. I am not aware of ANY organized Bible study that goes on in the church, but KNOW that your studies could be the catalyst that changes an entire community.
Nicole Taulman

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Christ Church
1302 Washington St.
Brenham, TX

The office info is:
(979) 421-6845
1407 W Main St, Brenham, TX 77833

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Marlos ACE said...

This is an amazing idee. THis is an amazing ministry and I am excited about being able to give what I can.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Abba's Girl said...

Christ Church
Office Info:

(979) 421-6845
1407 W Main St, Brenham, TX 77833

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Second Baptist Church Highlands, TX
400 E. Wallisville Rd.
Highlands, TX 77562

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:48 PM , Blogger His Jules said...

Healing Waters Church of God
P.O. Box 240009
Eclectic, AL 36024

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Alyssa said...

Christ Church
3801 Harrodsburg Rd.
Lexington, Ky 40513

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Cheryl Barker said...

Beth, for years now a big group from Southeast Kansas has traveled to inner city Ft. Worth to minister alongside Beautiful Feet Ministries, a church that reaches out to the homeless and the inner city population there. Please include them in the drawing -- or consider them for a gift from the new fund later. They have many needs. Thanks!!

Beautiful Feet Ministries
1709 E Hattie St
Fort Worth, TX 76104
(817) 536-0505

 
At February 13, 2009 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Kelley said...

I'm first??? Oh my....

Providence Baptist Fellowship
7221 Nolensville Road
Nolensville TN 37135

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Abby said...

Crosspoint Fellowship Church
Po Box 6572
Abilene,TX 79608



Here's some articles about the neat thing they're doing right now to help others!

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/feb/12/lights-out/

http://texasbaptists.wordpress.com/2009/02/03/would-you-give-up-the-sunday-donuts-if-it-meant-making-a-difference-in-your-community/

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Oh this is very exciting!

Lord Jesus, multiply these gifts as only you can! I am so expectant to see Your work. Thank you for a place where Your Word is exalted and where people can contribute to the work of your servants, the LPM staff. Please give each staff member wisdom in directing these funds and peace in knowing we *do* trust them to listen to you. We all love you so much and desire for growth here!

much love,
rachel winn

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Molly said...

This is very cool! If I have the funds, I will contribute.
Siesta OC

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Melinda said...

I am THRILLED about this!

I'm putting my old home church in Iowa in for the drawing:

Pathway Church
6510 Merle Hay Rd.
Johnston, IA 50131

Thanks again for listening and fleshing out His heart through your own in such a beautiful way.

Melinda

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Amy Storms said...

Great idea.--Thanks for your generosity and example.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Amanda May said...

South Sound Foursquare Church
220 C St. SW
Tumwater, WA 98512

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,

What a great idea. I belong to a Bible study group that has been meeting for 4+ years. We have 12 steady members and we all belong to different churches. Our group is self supporting and we purchase all of our own materials. We take an offering each week. We could really use help in the area of materials to study. Thank you for considering this blessing.

We currently meet at a Baptist church in our area (they allow us to use a room). So if we are the lucky ladies, you can either send the DVDs to me or if you feel more comfortable you can send them to the church.

My address is 2805 NE Heritage Lane
Lawton OK 73507. The church is Letitia Baptist Church, Hwy 65, Lawton, OK 73507

Forever His,

Lawan Rivera
Phil 4:8

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:24 PM , Blogger shana said...

Central Baptist Church
420 Roy St. N.
St. Paul, MN 55104

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Vicki said...

Cornerstone Baptist Church
3266 West Nickajack Road
Ringgold, GA 30736

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM , Blogger kctibs said...

Sisters-in-mothering
Janelle Bell/Amanda Gottebehuet - leaders
502 E. Florence Avenue
Fowler, CO 81039
This is a group of mothers (all ages) that is non-denominational. They rotate between home meetings and gathering at a local church. Sometimes they have up to 25 members in attendance. Great group that would appreciate any assistance. Thanks

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maplecrest Baptist Church
83 Center St
Warsaw, New York 14569
Phone: (585) 786-0833

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM , Blogger Lori said...

I LOVE THIS IDEA! I lead a group for single Moms on Thursday evenings and I participate in a group on Thursday mornings with my married girlfriends. Because most of our Single moms can't afford to help purchase the videos, or even their own books, the morning group donates the materials to the evening group! So we don't need help from the Siesta's but I'm sure many out there do! Yahoo for Jesus! Lori

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Westwood Baptist Church
2349 Forestdale Blvd
Birmingham, AL 35214

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Christy Selvig said...

Chapel Hills Baptist Church
2050 Parliament Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
710-598-5086

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This timing could not be any more perfect.
The LORD has some money for me to give for Women's Ministry because that is where my heart and passion is as well.

I was once just a student of the WORD, but thanks for the great seeds you sowed into my life, I am now a teacher of the WORD as well.
Glory to GOD!!!

Count me in and may God bring the increase in Jesus name!!!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM , Blogger Foursons said...

A small, start-up, struggling church named The Journey church could really use your gift. The only group that is successful thus far is the women's bible study. When I say small, I mean small. Attendance is usually around 20 every Sunday-including the children's ministry.

The Journey Church
3624 San Patricio
New Braunfels, Texas 78130
Darin Koenig: Pastor

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Mel said...

Ok I am over here clapping, clapping because I love when the church stands in the gap!!!

What a phenomenally wonderful idea.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Bethany P said...

Mercy Vineyard Church
1121 Jackson St NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Keri said...

I love it!!!!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM , Blogger tulip said...

Sweet Beth,

While I'm unable to give monetarily right now, I do have a couple of new Bible study workbooks (When Godly People.....) left over from a study I lead last fall. Could you possibly use those? I would love to know if one of our dear siestas needs a book. If anyone does, I'll mail it for free!

Let me know!
tulip in Idaho
tulip567 (at) hotmail (dot) com

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:00 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

New Creation Fellowship
10285 Deer Run Dr.
Fredericksburg, Ohio 44627

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:04 PM , Blogger wannagrowwannago said...

what a very wonderful idea! i for one want to comment about the generous spirit of LPM..for i was one in the past who did humbly request material....and i was so surprisingly pleased that they were sent to me!! i had promised that i would use them in my teaching and to share with others and can i just say....they are making their rounds around the community..along with some other material that i had purchased. i am always so tickled when someone expresses an interest in borrowing any of the cd or dvd teachings that i have..i think it is a way of ministering. i started several letters to say thank you to you all but they all turned into small books....and i never got a thank you sent....but let me say to you now...THANK YOU for your giving spirit and concern for others!! we are still financially strapped just now with my husband being in the construction business---but i am looking forward to the time when we will be able to help fund your scholorship! Way to go LPM!!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calvary Baptist Church
736 W. Islay Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Laura Beth Fletcher said...

Clark Street Baptist Church
200 Clark Street
Johnson City Tn. 37604

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

River of God Community Church
230 E. St. Clair Street
Romeo, MI 48065

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Shannon said...

City of Refuge Church in Houston, TX.

3150 Yellowstone
Houston, TX 77054

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for acting on what God says...

Hopewell Baptist Church
15730 Hopewell Road
Milton, GA 30004

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Unreasonable Grace said...

Christ Central Alachua
Project 31 Ladies Ministry
PO Box 219
Alachua FL 32616

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

South Reno Baptist Church
6780 S. McCarran Blvd.
Reno, NV 89509.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:25 PM , Blogger katmurray said...

I have a friend and her husband that took over a church in Maryland
Sligo Baptist Church
1610 Dennis ave.
Silver Springs MD,20902
They are truly Godly people and could realy use this.
thank you for considering them.
Kathy Murray

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calvary Baptist Church
4606 Lake Margaret Drive
Orlando FL 32812

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:27 PM , Blogger katmurray said...

I have a friend and her husband that took over a declining church (7 members) now growing , and could use this very much
Sligo Baptist Church
1610 Dennis Avenue ·
Silver Spring, MD 20902 ·
(301) 649-4720
thank you so much for doing this.
Kathy Murray

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Cindy in Ferndale said...

Wow this is so great. I am so excited to see where it goes.
My heart is bursting with the joy of the Lord.
I believe this is what the Lord is calling His followers to do, especially with so many in such need. We are to be His hand extended.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timblin Charge
PO Box E
Timblin PA 15778

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Centerpoint Church
PO Box 851799
Mesquite, TX 75185

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, this is an AMAZING idea!!! I love this! I absolutely trust you and the rest of the lovely ladies (and gentleman, Curtis!) At LPM, and I definitely feel God leading me to donate to this fund on a regular basis. I will pray about the amount and get back to everyone.

As for the church I know, it is a lovely, albeit struggling, little church on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. They don't have someone at the church during the day to receive packages, but they have a contact address at:

Cowan Road Baptist Church
155 Gary St
Gulfport, MS 39503

Again, I am SO excited about this scholarship fund!! This is great, I can't wait to see (whether here or the other side of Heaven!) What God has up His sleeve for this!!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:51 PM , Blogger Jes said...

Beth,

I have a friend named Mimi who is in ministry to women who are in prison, as well as to women who are on the streets or who have just come out of prison.

She is so precious, and so faithful!

I've no doubt that any donation would be a huge blessing to the women she and her team minister to...thank you for asking for suggestions of those to help.

What a wonderful idea this is!

Here's her info:
Love Your Neighbor Ministries
P.O.Box 24071
Chattanooga, TN 37422

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How outstanding yes I will do my best to help. I don't have alot but I am so blessed & will share what I have.I love this idea.God bless siester in Christ Victoria Reidsville NC

 
At February 13, 2009 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Blessed Mama said...

A small missionary church:

Stanley Union Church
c/o Pastor Phil Rownd
126 N. Winslow
Stanley, IA 50671

Mandy Small
Avon, SD

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,

My name is Elise and a friend of mine works with the Lighthouse Mission/Agape House. The Agape House is for the women and I am trying to enter them.

Their address is:
Agape Home
Lighthouse Mission Ministries
PO Box 548
Bellingham, WA 98227-0548

Thank you for praying and considering them!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:21 PM , Blogger rubba slippa said...

Hi Beth!

First of all I was excited to hear about your scholarship fund, but then it said you would send materials to "Continental US addresses only"...and here we are in Kauai, Hawaii...outside of the continental USA. (What about the usps flat rate?)

Actually I just wanted to tell you that I and about 50 other women are currently gathering on Friday mornings and going through your "A Woman's Heart". We were on session 5 today and there you were so excited about becoming a grandmother (with Jackson). Well, I've been following your blog recently...and silly me thought...oh my goodness, here is that baby (AnnaBeth) that she's talking about on the LPM blog.

I got so excited, but DUH...we're talking about 2 different babies and 2 different time zones here. Being a menopausing and recently empty nester woman of God, you can understand my excitement and then confusion on how it could be that you were coincidentally talking about the same baby here on this blog and up on the screen at my biblestudy class at church.

Anyway, now that I've got the babies all figured out,(seeing the picture of Jackson holding his baby sister) I can laugh (at myself) and praise God for His sense of humor and timing. Btw, we just LOVE the "A Woman's Heart" bible study... even if I'm flipping bible pages like crazy.

Lastly, in Hawaii we say "sistahs" something like "siestas". So I can feel the love!

Anyway, just wanting to send Happy Valentine's Day wishes to all the "Seistas" from all the "Sistahs" in Kauai who love Beth Moore bible studies!!

Aloha,
Lynn

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grand Heights Baptist Church
1611 Armstrong Road
Fairborn, OH 45324

Amy in Tipp City OH

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend and her husband started a Calvary Chapel Church in town a couple years ago and I know they would love to receive the DVD set!

Calvary Chapel Church
721 College St.
Shreveport, LA 71104 USA

Thank you so much for doing this!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Miranda Riley said...

This is SOOO awesome Mrs. Beth!!!

A sweet little church I've been attending during my internship here in TN.

Abundant Life Church
1000 Woodridge Pl
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:33 PM , Blogger Bethany said...

Oregon City Baptist Church
16363 S. Swan Ave
Oregon City, OR 97045

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

First Baptist Church
c/o Florine Graves
P.O. Box 245
Norman, Arkansas

This is the tiny church where I grew up in the Ouachita mountains of West Central Arkansas. It's mostly elderly people who taught me to love Jesus and people in his name. My sweet mother still attends their faithfully!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Heather Vitella said...

New Life Church of the White Mountains
55 Highland Street
Ashland, NH 03217

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
Thank you for your wisdom in putting this together. I pray God's blessings over the Fund and the hands that oversee it and the hands that will receive it.

On a side note. I am in Atlanta! You will have to bring Jackson and Annabeth to the Georgia Aquarium it is awesome!

Love ya,
Crissy
Nashville, TN

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Struggling small church:

Bryn Mawr Church of Christ
2901 State Street
White Oak, PA 15131

 
At February 13, 2009 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Windot said...

The Bridge Community Church
2310-J Duck Pond Circle
Morrisville, NC 27560

My husband is the outreach Pastor so he wants it to come to our apartment because our church office is in an office location. We do not own a church building. Hope this makes sense! This is awesome, thanks!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Pinnacle Church
90 Main Street
Canton, NC 28716

We are a plant church quickly approaching our third birthday. Our women's ministry is trying to crank up, and we sure could use the help! Most of our pennies are going toward a building fund, as for the entire three years we have been meeting in a high school auditorium!

This is a great idea, Beth! Thank you for the opportunity!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Dear LPM and Beth Moore,

I attend 56th Street Baptist Church in Kearney, Nebraska. This church is so dear to my heart becasue these people at this church have loved me and taught me and helped grow me up in my relationship with Chirst ever since I accepted Christ as Lord of my life 5 years ago.

In August I sensed God laying it on my heart to start a Bible Study for the women at our church. There has not been a special Bible Study for women at this church for many years. So I decided to purchase the Fully Alive Study and then Psalms of Ascent and currently the Living Beyond Yourself study.

There are 3 ladies from my church who have been coming to my home on Thursday evenings at 7:00 for Bible Study. It has been such a blessing to all of us! We are just starting our third study and are so excited about being on this journey through this Bible Study of Living Beyond Yourself.

If God would lay it on your hearts to be able to bless our church with some additional resources that would be such a blessing.

A Fellow Pilgrim,
Joanie

56th Street Baptist Church
515 East 56th Street
Kearney, NE 68847

 
At February 13, 2009 at 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Park City Baptist Church
PO Box 357
Park City, MT 59063

What a blessing!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 8:24 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

WONDERFUL!!
Woodland Creek Church
1452 Auburn Road
Dacula, GA 30019
678-225-4709
www.woodlandcreekchurch.org
Pastor Roger Ferrell

 
At February 13, 2009 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Charley & Marianne said...

www.life-house.us

This is a little mission church in Texarkana, AR. It is in a pretty rough neighborhood and it has not even been open a year and they have grown from 15 to about 100.

"Life House is a church with a heart for people. It's our desire to REACH OUT to the community with unconditional love and let them know that Jesus loves them and wants to give them LIFE – here and now and in eternity. We will accomplish that mission on a regular basis by community outreach and inreach events. Jesus teaches us in His Word that we are to reach those who are poor, those who are in prison, those who are sick, those who need clothing, and those who need love. At Life House we want to do just that!" They are part of the NAMB and they are an exciting new church plant. They would be so blessed to have Bible Study DVDs!!

Life House Church
870-216-1936
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 3006 Texarkana , TX 75504-3006

Physical Address: 915 East St. Texarkana , AR 71854

 
At February 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM , Blogger Jenna said...

Grace Community Church
4703 Pulaski Hwy
Statesboro, GA 30458

What an awesome idea! I love how the Lord works!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 8:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to start the Esther Bible Study at church but have been praying about how to buy it without having to have the church buy it.

East Fairview Church
Jackie Roth
320 322nd
Milford, NE 68405

 
At February 13, 2009 at 8:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reunion Church
PO Box 595
Orting, WA 98360

www.ortingreunion.com

Small church plant, and the women there LOVE Beth Moore Bible Studies! :)

 
At February 13, 2009 at 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Beth! Love this idea. My heart hurts for those who are struggling and this is a great way to help. You have the means and allow us to be blessed by giving. And to God goes all the glory!!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a blessing! The church we attend is a small church plant but is mighty in missions. A set of DVD's would benefit the one and only women's Bible study group we have.

Waterbrooke Fellowship
8725 Church Lake Blvd.
Victoria, MN 55386


Thanks,
Carrie Robaina
Chaska, MN

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Bev said...

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436
Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:18 PM , Blogger TRUTH SHARER said...

Beth:

Are some of your scholarship materials in Spanish? I would love to see some of these materials donated to our Spanish speaking Siestas in Mexico - even if just workbooks [especially Believing God]. I just came back from Tamazunchale, Mexico last November where I spoke at a Native Pastor's conference there. I shared with the Pastor's WIVES about discipelship - of their women. These are very poor people who came from 10 Native Village churches. They traveled miles on foot with children and luggage in tow - and slept on the floor for a 3-day conference just so we could share material resources, and God's Word with them. They need sooo much more. I would love to see some donated to them through the organization that sponsor's that conference - FFHN [For the Fame of His Name] based in Texas! If this is too many quesitons - just do what you can or answer what you can. I'm thrilled with your proposal to get materials in the hands of ALL women who wish to study the Word of God. I know these women are HUNGRY - because I lived with them, ate with them, taught them, and shared God's heart with them! Bless you for your efforts in His Kingdom Purposes!

Looking Upward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calvary Baptist Church
900 S Wine St (kinda funny huh?)
Gainesville TX 76240

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Jessica and Steve Otto said...

(Even though we're not in the US, we have teams that can bring us donated things.)We're a small mission church in Guatemala (Iglesia Del Camino) and we can't afford to buy materials unless it comes out of our own pockets or is donated by our home church or mission teams. A US address to use would be 14130 Rosemary Ln. #5211, Largo, FL 33774. Thank you!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't give money right now, but I can give prayers. With everything bad going on in the economy, God is turning our financial situation around, and I can't wait for the day to be able to use it to bless others! Until then, praying it!
Peace,
Kim Feth
Apex, NC

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Las Tierras Community Church
3664 Tierra Calida Dr
El Paso TX 79938

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, keep it continental. If I win, I ship these (my cost) to my friend Gayle. She lives on an island off the north coast of Australia. There's no church, a few sometimes gather to worship, but its hard without a regular leader. She teaches elementary school, is THE most amazing pray-er I have EV-ER met (and I've known some saints). She ministers to everyone on that island in any way she can. I send her stuff to bless her heart, prop her up and just generally encourage her whenever the Lord shows me an idea. So when I read this, she was all I could think of, but she's not here - in an easy place with a church on every corner or a new Beth Moore study every semester. Please don't post this to the blog. I just wanted to pour out my heart for my friend. She would NEVER ask herself.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oakwood Community Church
PO Box 142
8095 Laketown Parkway
Waconia, MN
952/442-4323
www.oakwoodonline.org

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, We're not a struggling church, but we are a small church trying to grow and i just THIS week, approached my pastor and ask him if i could lead a Beth Moore Bible study at the church during the day for women. And he said YES! So i thought i would at least post this and let you decide whether or not to put it in the drawing :)
Sonday House Fellowship
P.O. Box 1307
Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Thanks,
Evan Luton

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Jesus Chick said...

Christ Temple
3665 Deerfield Rd.
Adrian, MI 49221

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crossroads Greeley
1275 58th Ave Suite A
Greeley, Co 80634


We are a new startup church - just celebrated 1 year old - a growing women's ministry of 15+ - We'd love to be reciepients of this gift - we are presently-actively Believing God!

AmandaB.

http://crossroadsgreeley.com/

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bridge Evangelical Free Church
PO Box 685
Shakopee, MN 55379
952/940-9410

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM , Blogger Faith said...

I think this is a fabulous idea! I'm so glad the Lord worked all the details out and I pray that many will be blessed through this!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:44 PM , Blogger ocean mommy said...

THIS IS GREAT!!!! I'm submitting my Dad's church! SHHHHHH..my daddy is their bi-vocational pastor. They are growing right now and these ladies sure could use a fresh study.

Harrison First Baptist Church
6620 Church Road
Harrison, TN 37341

I'm going to talk to my man right now about what we can give. I think this is the best idea yet!

Hugs
steph.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If this is not the place to post I understand.

Just today I have been praying about funding for my sister to able to attend Memphis. I cannot afford to get a ticket for her and she cannot afford one. I wont' go into details but her life is upside down and it unfortunatley always will be and she has $0 for the basic necessities.

Even if she cannot get a scholarship ticket in some form I truly feel like God is in this.

How would you "apply"?

 
At February 13, 2009 at 9:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 10:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the people on 20/20 tonight. please help them.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 10:02 PM , Blogger Jo said...

Oh Beth I LOVE this idea!
A small church (consisting of mainly seniors), located near the school I teach at is filled with the most darling saints! They offer breakfast for our students from low-income families; they host an after-school "homework club" serving snacks to our kids as they help them with homework; and they sure pray for our students! Please enter this loving church in the drawing, and count me in as a donor! I love this scholarship idea!

The church is:

Irvington Presbyterian Church
4181 Irvington Avenue
Fremont, CA 94538

 
At February 13, 2009 at 10:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Terrie and Carley said...

Calvary Baptist Church
6824 Pine Forest Road
Pensacola, Fl 32526

 
At February 13, 2009 at 10:10 PM , Blogger ckl616 said...

Pinedale Community Fellowship located at 7361 N San Pablo Ave in
Fresno, CA 93650-1152
Phone: (559) 435-4673
Pastor Richard and Linda Amparano

The community of Pinedale is an area in Fresno that has among the highest drug traffic and crime rate in the city. Linda and Richard felt led by the Lord to move in to this poverty and crime ridden area of our city (10-11 years ago)and plant this Church as Missionaries from People's Church, also located in Fresno, CA. This area, once isolated on the 'outskirts of town' is now (due to urban sprawl) right smack in the middle of one of the most affluent business areas in our city. They serve a predominantly black and hispanic population. They hold Church Services in the Pinedale Elementary School. Thank you SO much for considering this small, but mighty, Church who is working feverishly to save lives for Christ!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 10:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Covenant Presbyterian Church
4500 Sun 'n Lake Blvd.
Sebring, FL 33872

 
At February 13, 2009 at 10:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 10:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owen Valley Christian Fellowship
LBS
615 W State Hwy 46
Spencer, IN 47460

 
At February 13, 2009 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Momma 2...5 said...

Winfield Heights Baptist Church
315 Chester Street
Williston, SC 29853

 
At February 13, 2009 at 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dora First Baptist Church
1440 Sharon Blvd.
Dora, AL 35062

A small baptist church in rural Alabama that has had to lay off the youth minister and cut other ministries due to tithing being significantly down.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Pastorswife said...

Beth,
One place I consistently see a need for provision is for those in christian service. Thankfully my husband makes enough that I am able to afford all the conferences, however, many of our staff wives are not. I have tried through our women's ministry to always scholarship our minister's wives so that they can always participate. However, I have a girl in my small group, a Director of a Crisis Pregnancy Center who literally makes next to nothing. She never goes to anything but she pours out her life everyday to this generation of girls and for the next they carry in their womb. I would love to see if we could somehow make sure they knew if you were coming to their town that they could come at no charge as a way to say thank you. I would love to see them provided for.
I absolutely love this idea. The moment you said your accountant gave it a thumbs up, I thought of course she did, God had it all thought out and He was met with an obedient heart. Thank you for listening and for your immediate obedience.

 
At February 13, 2009 at 11:03 PM , Blogger Bon said...

First Assembly of God
Where God is always doing something
2925 NW 39 Ave.
Gainesville,
Fl. 32605

Beautiful idea!! Praise the King of Kings!!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Bon said...

First Assembly of God
where God is always doing something
2925 NW 39 Ave.
Gainesville, Fl. 32605

Beautiful idea! Praise Him!

 
At February 13, 2009 at 11:10 PM , Blogger kathyb5 said...

Cherokee Baptist Church
Women's Ministry
7770 HIckory Flat Highway
Woodstock, Ga. 30188

 
At February 13, 2009 at 11:22 PM , Blogger carolyn said...

I nominate:
Ellen Castillo
this is a special woman and friend who gives sacrificially of herself and faithfully leads our women. She has a deep passion for our Lord and to see other women in an authentic relationship with our Lord God, daily being in His Word.
The Harbor
751 E. Foster Rd
Santa Maria, CA 93458
805-937-5703

 
At February 13, 2009 at 11:36 PM , Blogger Susan Hand said...

This is a great thing you're doing! I nominate:

Christ Community Baptist Church

P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:06 AM , Blogger Shelly said...

I would like to nominate a new church plant, as well.

CenterPointe Church
P.O. Box 207
DuPont, WA 98327

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:08 AM , Blogger Shelly said...

P.S.

www.cpcdupont.org

This is the link to CenterPointe Church, and we would really covet your prayers, as we are opening our first service on April 19th, 2009!!!

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Journey Fellowship Church
30042 N Dixie Ranch Road
Lacombe, LA 70445

Contact: Lisa Krumm

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:12 AM , Blogger cspann said...

I am so overwhelmed by this mission and by what I would like to tell you about Era Baptist Church that I can't express myself. I love this church of my youth and know that all the churches or groups nominated are loved the same. What a wonderful vision our God is bringing to fruition...again!

Era Baptist Church
100 Bolivar Road
Era, TEXAS, 76238

Cheryl Spann
Ponder, Tx

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:21 AM , Blogger Sista Staci said...

Life Church
110 Church Street
Baldwin, Georgia 30511

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:25 AM , Blogger Tara D. said...

Hey Beth/Amanda-

This comment is not for posting...just figured this was the best way to communicate with you. I am a fellow Houston gal...I know several people you know, etc...and our family is currently on the mission field in Asia. I have been meaning to ask if there is a way to get a few resources (Bible study materials) at a discounted rate for us to use here in Asia. If you're not the people to ask about this :-), can you forward this to the person at LPM that I would need to speak with? I have a Houston mailbox address the resources could be mailed to or I could pick them up when I'm on furlough in the states this spring. Appreciate all that you do! Peace to you...

tara@59acres.org

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am out of work and really embarressed to put my unemployment tithe in the collection plate on Sun. I believe its going to get worse before it gets better. Your inspiration inspires me to pray that someone would begin a Christian recycling/donation center (look at the success of Goodwill Industries). There must be a gazillion unread bibles, teaching series, music, books, videos, etc. sitting in the saints homes never to be viewed or read again that could be donated. The cost of Christian materials is extravagent for some and with these hard economic times, I belive souls are going to be seeking Him in record numbers and a donation center with Christian materials would be great. (Sorry to be so longwinded.)

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:36 AM , Blogger jenny said...

The Waters Church in Sartell, Minnesota

This is a wonderful idea. What a great way to allow blessing for givers and receivers!

 
At February 14, 2009 at 1:52 AM , Blogger debrah said...

Deeper Life Fellowship in Christ
391 Neighborhood Rd.
Mastic New York 11967

 
At February 14, 2009 at 2:41 AM , Blogger Tara G. said...

I'd like to submit Swann Station Baptist as a recipient; there are some dear faithful ladies there that could really use the encouragement.


Swann Station Baptist Church
7592 NC Hwy 87 S
Sanford, NC 27332

Beth, thank you, for your putting your heart into action. Tara

 
At February 14, 2009 at 3:45 AM , Blogger Maria Cristina said...

I am absolutely thrilled, humbled and honored to be a part of this awesome 'plan'!!!!!

also, I'm not sure that US DVD's would work here in the UK because of the different "region" codings, but I tell you --England is in DIRE NEED of sound, Godly direction and teaching!
...instead of churches there are pubs at every corner!!! so, I pray hard for church planting and lots of sound Bible studies in this lost land!

I love you all!
maria cristina

 
At February 14, 2009 at 5:54 AM , Blogger Irene said...

Faith Evangelical Church
Pastor Don Hardesty
3720 47th Ave. S. E.
Medina, ND 58467

 
At February 14, 2009 at 7:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith Community Church
PO Box 830
Canton, NC 28716
(828) 452-5564

 
At February 14, 2009 at 7:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My church First Baptist Church of Cadillac MI uses Beth Moore all the time inface I anm using beth moore in my youth Sunday school class.
First Baptist Church
125 Stimson St.
Cadillac Mi 49601

 
At February 14, 2009 at 7:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evergreen Baptist Churc
P.O. Box 1213
Milledgeville, GA 31059

Mandy Eley

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kernersville Community Church
P.O. Box 2282
Kernersville, NC 27285


What a GREAT idea!!! Thanks, LPM, for being so kindhearted!!

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to nominate:

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502

May God Bless you and keep You

Wendy

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Leslie said...

Lighthouse Rescue Mission
204 Eupora St.
Hattiesburg, MS 39402

http://www.lighthouserescuemission.org/

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Womens Bible Study Group
Northern Lights Christian Center
P.O. Box 757
Hayward, WI 54843

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

An awesome church in the inner-city:

Calvary Bible Chapel
309 Lyons Avenue
Newark, NJ 07112

Thanks, Beth and LPM for your sensitivity to the Lord who cares for the poor.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Little Steps Of Faith said...

Beth that is amazing! I have no words how straight from heaven that has to be:)

He is doing great things.

We'll help Him shine:)

In His Love,

Angie

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This church has just started in my town, this Sunday will be week 4 and God is doing amazing things already (37 people getting baptized this Sunday!). The name is "My Church" seriously that is the name!

My Church
6720 Flat Rock Road
Columbus, GA 31820
(physical address)

My Church
PO box 8925
Columbus, GA 31907


Christie in GA

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Lucy said...

Tyger Baptist Church
Pastor - Glenn Gifford
P.O. Box 293
Tigerville, SC 29688

Tracy Carson

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Wrinkled Shirts said...

What a wonderful idea! In the midst of the turmoil of the economy I actually got a promotion and a raise yesterday. God is so good and faithful. He will never leave us nor forsake us. My check is on its way!!!!!!
Paula G. <><

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly from FBC in Cadillac

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Beth,
What happened to the Valentine Day post?

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Beth,
What happened to the Valentine Day post?

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

David S. Cadillac FBC

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 9:03 AM , Blogger Elaine said...

Sharon Baptist Church
13020 S. Blackbob Rd.
Olathe, KS 66062

 
At February 14, 2009 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Julianne said...

I am nominating a friend's church. This is a little church, way out in the desert! What a blessing these materials would be for their Women's Ministry! Great idea, Beth!

The Church at Tubac
Post Office Box 1864
2242 West Frontage Road
Tubac, Arizona 85646
(520) 398-2325
www.churchattubac.org

 
At February 14, 2009 at 9:30 AM , Blogger DigiNee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 9:31 AM , Blogger DigiNee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 9:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am humbled today and I think sharing the LP materials is a great way to share our Lord's love and healing- I have always been able to "donate". I think I took pride in my "generosity" and may have even used that ability to allow me have a sense of worth, power and control in my life- I pray God will restore my financial health- I believe he gave me 2 Cor. 9:11 as encouragement "You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occassion"- I look forward to supporting this wonderful effort hopefully in the near future, with God's help. Thank you for praying for those of us who need God's financial provision. Lots of love and blessings

 
At February 14, 2009 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Sugar Momma said...

Leaning Tree Church
2530 Millsap Highway
Mineral Wells, TX 76067

 
At February 14, 2009 at 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had an idea- would LIfeway or LP be willing to allow us to return the materials in good shape as a part of a "loan library" or discounted "used" resources to this new scholarship fund?- I'm often in Houston and could drop off or ship to you our series we have completed, which we have not given away- I have a shelf of your CDs, books etc.- I would be happy to return any of the materials I have not given away- I know you do not want to have capable purchasers using the materials- but thought I'd throw this out as a consideration- I realize this is a profit issue for LP and Lifeway - just wondered if LP could still profit by reselling used materials at a discount in this special Siesta fund-

 
At February 14, 2009 at 10:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Redeemer Church
3431 Hamilton Middletown Rd.
Hamilton, OH 45011

Charlotte Keene
rkeene@cinci.rr.com

 
At February 14, 2009 at 10:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502

 
At February 14, 2009 at 10:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mission Adelante
22 S. 18th Street
Kansas City, KS 66102

Thank-you, God bless you guys richly!

Megan

 
At February 14, 2009 at 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mission Point Baptitst Mission
740 Linwood Avenue
Stonewall, LA 71078

 
At February 14, 2009 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

This is awesome I believe that this is the year for we as Christians women will go forth and do God's work and it will be seen more this year than any other year. I am starting a young women's ministry at my church. I could really use any material for this journey that I am on for the Lord. The ministry will consist of young women in the age bracket of 17-24. Please keep my ministry in your prayers. We are having our first meeting on Febuary 28th.


Ark Christian Center
3601 Webster
Kansas City,Kansas 66104
Pastor Aubrey Singleton/ Stephanie Johnson

 
At February 14, 2009 at 10:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Westminster Presbyterian Church
2303 Double Churches Road
Columbus, GA 31909
706-323-4441

Elizabeth in GA

 
At February 14, 2009 at 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Immanuel Baptist Church
3620 E. 26th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406
612.724.2004

I joyfully nominate the sweet, servant-hearted ladies at Immanuel Baptist Church in Minneapolis. They are a wonderful yet small church family with an *annual* women's ministry budget of $100! Needless to say, they generally borrow Beth's DVD Bible studies from other churches. :)

Linda LaFrombois

 
At February 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an amazing outpouring of God's love to others!

I can not make a donation right now but it will be on my list as soon as we are back up and running. To share the joy of Christ with others- Yes!

My family got me a card and a gift for valentine's day that is perfect and beatiful! I will cherish it but all I can think about is how that money could have been used else where for the family as a whole.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How we would love this resource for our women's Bible studies!

North Springs Alliance Church
1702 Chapel Hills Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Blessings!
Chris Johnson

 
At February 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith Baptist Church
1990 Neptune Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34744

 
At February 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Beth, I hope I am not too late. There is a non for profit ministry in our community that could certainly use some help. It is called "The Unseen Hands Ministry" and they help people in the community that need food, clothing and help paying bills. The only way this ministry can help people is through donations. The churches (and individuals) in the area donate money, food, used clothes and their time on the second Saturday of each month to help those in need. These people that come for help are ministered to by local volunteer preachers/pastors and given a bible to take home with them. At Christmas they were fortunate enough to help some 230 families (I believe that number is close). In these desperate times I know the number of people in need will grow and possibly the donations may decrease. My husband is a Baptist preacher and he has helped for the past months and he comes home just amazed at the need that is just in our area. It is a very humbling experience and we never know who will be next to be in the line that needs help. He told me today when he got home that there were people already lined up when he got there and he had to park in an adjacent yard. The need is so great. I pray if you could, help this ministry. There have been souls saved at some of these Saturday ministering. Praise God for that!!!!!! That makes it worth it all.

Thank you Beth for doing this to reach out to a world in need.

God Bless.

Here is the address:

The Unseen Hands Ministry
c/o Rev. Jerry McCormick
6065 Thomas Lane
Cumming, GA 30040

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea, sweet Beth.

I would like to nominate my new "home church". It is an Evangelical Free Church, although I am technically a "Southern Baptist", but there are not any of those kinds of churches in my area, so the Lord led me to this church instead.

This church only began about 11 years ago, but did not hold their services in a "real" church building until 2004.

And, it does not seem as if any of the ladies have even heard your name, Miss Beth, except for me, of course. I would so much like to be able to share Jesus' amazing Love with these ladies through some of your Bible studies [even though it would be TOTALLY, POSITIVELY "out of my Comfort Zone" to try to facilitate any of them, but, if the Lord leads me to do so, I will do my best to honor Him and bring Him glory !

River Hills Community Church-
2843 West Court Street
Janesville, WI 53548

Pastor John Swanson
608-758-0943
---------------------------------
In Christ's awesome Love,

Jennifer Olmstead
Janesville, WI

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Chad Zaucha said...

Christ Community Baptist Church

P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 12:52 PM , Blogger The Brandts said...

Lifeway Baptist Church
6280 Chester St., Suite 103
Arlington, Tennessee 38002
Pastor Chad Grigsby

Our church has been struggling through divorces, illnesses, loss of infants and other challenges. We're seeking after the Lord and want to be a light in our community. We definitely struggle to pay the bills, so any educational material to lift up the hurting wives, mothers, and sisters in our church would be an amazing gift.

Thank you for thinking of such a generous gift. I know the recipients will gain so much!

 
At February 14, 2009 at 1:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fork Hill Baptist Church
1125 Fork Hill Road
Heath Springs, SC 29058
803-286-8814
Phil Ellenburg, Pastor

 
At February 14, 2009 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Profbaugh said...

I want to nominate my own church. We're a new start church with a tight budget. Originally, we received funds from our conference. But each year that has been decreasing. To say "Do or die" would be a good motto right now.

I introduced our first Beth Moore study a year ago. I managed to buy it on ebay out of my own funds. Since that time we haven't had the resources to do another. So here's the info:

Real Life UMC
400 Park Street
Waterloo, IL 62298
618-939-1313
Pastor Matt Henson
matt@reallifeumc.com

 
At February 14, 2009 at 1:12 PM , Blogger Carol said...

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502

 
At February 14, 2009 at 1:31 PM , Blogger The Greenfields said...

we are a group of missionaries in Jordan. we can have a short term missions team bring the materials out

C/o Elaine Mitchell
383 Vick Circle
Trussville, AL 35173

 
At February 14, 2009 at 1:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Beth for everything you do. I don't know if I will ever get to meet you face to face until we all reach glory but I hope you know how many lives you have (and contiue to) impact. We would be a church that could benefit so we will see what happens

6501 Broadway
San Antonio, TX 78209
Church phone 210-824-9530

P.S We are only into our secnd week of Esther and I all I can say is..... THNAK YOU!!!

 
At February 14, 2009 at 2:01 PM , Blogger UL Cards Fan said...

Fourth Avenue United Methodist Church
318 West St. Catherine St.
Louisville, KY 40203

 
At February 14, 2009 at 2:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ Community Baptist Church
PO Box 436
Flint, MI 48502

 
At February 14, 2009 at 2:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We found a really neat group of women who have similar desires to know and learn more about our God and we are loving it. Recently after some pretty nasty trials, the mention was that after this study we might have to wait a bit til we can get on our feet financially. Understandable, but not attractive.

I've been checking in with the churches around us who are known to have Beth Moore resources but NOT A Single One will allow the borrowing of their materials.

I've tried to help in the past tosupply materials for those we know cant afford even a few pennies to spare. We just spent our wad of spending money on purchasing 4 workbooks and a text for these wonderful ladies. We will, Lord willing, continue to help, but even our combined input is meager. With the loss of hours and wages, I myself now make half of my normal income. Other women are in just as tough a boat.
It would be wonderful to have the option of offering some study material to this group - they'd love it and gain so much from it.

BTW, all of the material we've had has been loaned to individuals who wanted them. We would continue this practice in the future.

The leader is Bea @ eaglesnest360@gmail.com

While we are not a church we are women who want to continue in our study of God.
thank you

 
At February 14, 2009 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Myriam said...

what a great idea! I will definitely contribute.

Crossroads Church of Long Island
610 Carmans Road
Farmingdale, NY

God bless

 
At February 14, 2009 at 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ community Baptist Church
P.O. box 436 Flint, MI 48502

 
At February 14, 2009 at 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cornerstone Bible Church
Middlefield, Ohio

(216) 407-4689

 
At February 14, 2009 at 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436
Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Angel said...

Burton Baptist Church
6566 W. Burton Rd.
Show Low, AZ 85901

 
At February 14, 2009 at 3:15 PM , Blogger gg2002 said...

Yes, this is wonderful and I will contribute - I would like to nominate my son's church in a small town in west Texas

First Baptist Church
105 Lazy Bend Road
Brock, Texas 76087

Great family church and the women there need some of God's love through this LPM give away.

Thanks

GG2002
Judy Baggett

 
At February 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502

-Ashley Vander Berg

 
At February 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Pastor David Lewis
Harmony Bible Church
337 Spruce Head Road
South Thomaston, ME 04858

 
At February 14, 2009 at 4:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grace Baptist Church of Sunset Beach, 17 Somerset Rd. Pasadena, Md 21122 Pastor's name Doug Alberts

 
At February 14, 2009 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Coolest, just the coolest idea! I want to add a second vote for Beautiful Feet in Fort Worth TX.

www.thefeet.org

BEAUTIFUL FEET MINISTRIES
- P.O. BOX ,6212 -
FORT WORTH, TEXAS 76115 -
PH. 817.536.0505
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 1709 E. HATTIE - FORT WORTH, TEXAS 76104

Attn: Sarah Meyer

 
At February 14, 2009 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

BEAUTIFUL FEET MINISTRIES - P.O. BOX ,6212 - FORT WORTH, TEXAS 76115 - PH. 817.536.0505
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 1709 E. HATTIE - FORT WORTH, TEXAS 76104

www.thefeet.org
Attn: Sarah Meyer

Ooops, I posted the first one under the wrong google account.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 4:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baptist Friendship House
c/o New Orleans Baptist Ministries, Inc.
729 Second Street
New Orleans, LA 70130

 
At February 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Beth,
I'm always so thrilled at the way the HOLY SPIRIT leads and guides you into doing the most interesting things for your fellow pilgrims. I will be contributing! I lived in Houston and was so blessed to do many of your studies at HSB. The blog warms my heart. I'd like to enter:

WELLS BENCH COMMUNITY
CHURCH send to: Joyce Bird
4062 Canyon Creek Rd.
Orofino, Id 83544
It's a very small church that has a womens Bible study group--they were lent the DVD's and have started LIVING BEYOND Y...their first Beth Moore study and everyone is so excited to learn about living in the spirit!
GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND MINISTRY!

Cathy Reineke
208-827-0560

 
At February 14, 2009 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Mary Watkins said...

Wow, this is a great idea. Here is my candidate church.

New Hope Baptist Mission Church, which is sponsored by First Baptist Church of Marion is located at Lakeshore Estates, a modest mobile home community between Marion and West Memphis,AR.


Lakeshore Estates has about 480 units with a population of about 1,200 people. The average annual income per family is less than $13,000.

They could truly use one of those DVD sets.
The pastor's name is John Rech.

Here is the mailing address:
New Hope Baptist Mission Church
P.O. Box 6
Marion, AR 72364

My check is in the mail to the Siesta Scholarship fund.

Love,
Mary

 
At February 14, 2009 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Amber said...

First Baptist Church
PO Box 145
Willow AK 99688

They are a small church in a community that is in such great need of Christ. Their budget does not allow them to purchase many materials due to the heavy winter needs that they must support.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Beth!

Here's a church I would like to nominate:

Don Avenue Baptist Church
1010 Don Avenue
Denham Springs, LA 70726

 
At February 14, 2009 at 6:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

What an exciting opportunity! I would like to nominate my best friends' church (where her husband is the current pastor and has been enduring every kind of hardship.) The church's name is Reach Out Christian Chapel. The contact address is 243 N. Rock Island Dr. Eatonton, GA 31024.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Leanne said...

Heh siestas....let's believe God together for some extra donations for postage costs outside of the U.S.. We have some very needy small churches up here in Canada and I know God sees no borders. Love ya all to bits.....

 
At February 14, 2009 at 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband is laid off, but we have food on the table and a roof over our heads, and I have two part time jobs. We are making it. I can donate! Even if its a little! (It is more blessed to give than to receive!)

 
At February 14, 2009 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Michelle Bentham Blogspot said...

Okay... I want to enter

Fellowship Baptist Church
1600 N.Old Decatur Rd.
Saginaw, TX 76179

Women's Bible study leaders are Sherry Gallagher and Reone Peterson.

I have done Bible study with this "home away from home" group of Bible diggers two semesters and last semester the ladies chipped in and bought the curriculum to have the study. There is not an item on their budget for the Women's Bible study. I do pray the Lord blesses them. THanks Beth and all the Siestas... I will give when we are able... Yes, I will.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Michelle Bentham Blogspot said...

If it is okay... Can I add another group of ladies?

Chisholm Trail Baptist Church
P. O. Box 25
Rhome, TX 76078

Claudia Graham, Women's Minstry Director

Ron Graham, Pastor.

This is the group of women I led for three and a half years in your study, Beth. The church is recovering from some financial setbacks in the last few years. They are blossoming so in the area of women's ministry especially - busting at the seams. It is a glorious thing to go back and visit - I know they would be blessed by a gift of Bible Study.

Thanks again! Love You.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 7:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soule United Methodist Church
21600 US Hwy 264
Swan Quarter, NC 27858

 
At February 14, 2009 at 7:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith Assembly of God
P O Box 581823
7500 E 21st St
Tulsa, OK 74158-1823

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We highly recomment Christ Community Baptist Church, P.O. Box 436, Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please consider Christ Community Baptist Church,Pastor Malcolm Brown, P.O. Box 436, Flint, MI 48502. They are a small congregation working in the inner city and could really use the materials.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would really like to add

Christ Community Baptist Church
P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502

Thanks Thomas K.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
What an awesome idea! I want in! This church would love to share resources from LPL:

Ark of Mercy
240 Winn Avenue
Winchester, KY 40391

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband has been youth pastor at this small, country church for the past 11 months. Amazing how God is moving! They have no ladies Bible studies so far and we have been praying on how to get this implemented and into actuality over the next few months. It truly is our honor to serve our LORD!

Calvary Baptist Church
2255 East Ridge Road
Salisbury, NC 28144

Kim Lambeth

 
At February 14, 2009 at 8:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such GOD timing, Friday night I was watching 20/20 about the Appalachian communities, and at one point they were in a church and their tithe for the week was $1.85. And I thought those people could use one of Beth's bible studies. Those folks could use a good dose of hope. Here is the name of the group.

Christian Appalachian Project.

Thanks so much!
Tracey
Athens, GA

 
At February 14, 2009 at 9:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long Avenue Baptist Church
Port St. Joe, FL 32456

This is a great idea and wonderful new ministry.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 9:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Journey
PO Box 84
Union Ky 41091

www.journeyky.org

 
At February 14, 2009 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Melissa said...

Great Idea!!!! Can't wait to see what the Lord has in store.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 9:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ Community Baptist Church

P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 9:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christ Community Baptist Church

P.O. Box 436 Flint, MI 48502.

 
At February 14, 2009 at 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth--a truly God given idea. These ladies love to study the Word. I studied with them for 2 years before I moved away.

Shenandoah Baptist Church
7308 Pershing Ave.
Orlando, FL 32822

 
At February 14, 2009 at 10:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to nominate Connect Church in Bothell, WA. They are a new church plant int the Seattle area. This area is less than 2% professing evangelical Christians, which is lower than most countries in the Middle East. The pastor is Dale Braswell, and the worship pastor is Brady Anderson, my brother, who both grew up in our church FBC Mansfield, TX. They are currently doing home groups but hope to start regular worship services in the spring meeting in a local school. The mailing address is:
Connect Church
2020 Maltby Rd #7147
Bothell, WA 98021

Thank you!

 
At February 15, 2009 at 12:25 AM , Blogger Living day by day for Jesus said...

I would like to nominate a church in Mexico! I have a friend who is involved in women's ministry there!

Iglesia de Cristo
Colonia Jardines de San Rafael
that is in Guadalupe, Nuevo Leon, (Monterrey)
The U.S. postal address is...

Anita Pacheco
411 So. 12th St. # 1121
McAllen, TX 78501

Thank you so much for serving in this way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home