Psalm 118:24
A few things I'm so thankful for on this election day, regardless of the outcome:
*We live in a democracy where we have the right to a vote and a voice. We have the God-given responsibility to use both wisely and in the way that best reflects what God conveys through Scripture.
*God "works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will" and "according to the plan." Ephesians 1:11
*Not only does God work out everything in conformity with His will, He has promised to work out everything for the GOOD of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
*God sets up kings and deposes them and gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. Daniel 2:21
*We, the beautifully diverse family of God, are never - not at any time - powerless. Nor are we ever victims of a system. Believing prayer takes us through doors we'll never be invited to enter and into judges chambers we'll never grace. Take a look back at Genesis 18 once again with astonishment over the dialogue between God and His servant and friend, Abraham. Rejoice that God is ever mindful of a faithful remnant. The Judge of the Earth will always do right.
*Even if persecution should await believers in Christ or harrowing circumstances hound us, God will use hardship to bring unity and purity to a people who need it desperately. The best of circumstances do not always produce the best in the Bride of Christ.
*The living God is firmly established upon His Throne and there at His holy feet we can always find grace and mercy in our time of need.
*No matter what happens today, we are GOD'S elect. He has elected us to show His heart and to walk in His ways in the culture that surrounds us. We are called to walk in the challenging balance of grace and truth.
May we be filled with Christ's Spirit today and our mouths given to praise and to believing, receiving prayer. God IS faithful and He has us firmly in His hand. We will not fear. We will not doubt. We will not hate.
"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders." Deuteronomy 33:12
I remain your servant,
Beth
Labels: Beth
205 Comments:
Amen, and Amen.
Karen :) :)
Thank you so much for that encouragement. I needed to hear it! I will print it and put it on my fridge. I am always blessed through the ministry God has given you. Thank you for your uplifting words.
Amen!
Thank you!
Emmy : )
The truth of God's Sovereignty couched in His Love as revealed in Scripture is the only way to hold all of this and bridge the division. Thanks for your perspective within the parameters of what you are permitted to say.
Thank you for that timely word. My prayer has been that the church will glorify God in this season, regardless of the outcome of this election. We've got some reaching out to do, some praying to do, some loving to do...let's be doing it!
Amen! Needed to read those Scriptures. May God's will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Mary from Alabama
By the way, we're finishing up "Stepping Up" tonight, election night, with a very diverse group of pilgrims! Thank God that His unifying spirit transcends politics!
I Thes. 5:17
I am a Canadian but praying so much for our beloved neighbours south of our border.
May your wonderful country turn her face one day once again soon to the One who alone is our righteousness.
Praising God with you for His glorious power and love!
Thanks for posting this reminder! I was praying in my car on the way to work this morning...remembering and rejoicing that God is God...no matter what! He Still Reigns!
AMEN!!!
Amen! Beth, as our family gathered to pray before voting this morning we truly felt uplifted. We know that whoever wins the election this evening it is God who will reign sovereign. We do not know what is in his plan but we know he is in control. Perhaps more hardships are down the road, more of us might have to go face down before him, which could bring a revival! Wouldn't that be something to praise about!
Praise Jesus!
This is the first year that our whole family is eligible to vote. We are grateful that even though our youngest son is special needs his vote counts! He is able to make a determination of who he would like to see preside over our Country and make his voice heard.
We were able to Pray together this morning, vote together and then go to breakfast to celebrate our first family voting experience. Praise God from whom all blessing flow!
God Bless America!
Luv2Praise, Lori
THE JOURNEY CONTINUES ~
OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD, HE REIGNS FROM HEAVEN ABOVE!!!!!!!!
Waving the Red, White & Blue in California!!
With "Heaven Bound" blessings,
Kim
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com
A wonderful word that I wish we could know was being delivered to every U.S. citizen today.
There is MUCH in which to rejoice, and NOTHING to fear with God in control. Amen?
Thank you so much for these words to contemplate this day especially. I am so thankful God is in control. I have been praying for Him to help me to give respect to whomever He allows to be elected. Praise His name.
Linda in Oregon
Amen
Kim B. in Az
I do thank you for your words. This is a day that I have to admit I have dreaded. I have a lump in my throat considering what the outcome could be. My prayer has been that each person that goes in to vote would seek the Lord before casting their vote and of course, for God's will to be done. All praise belongs to Him forever and always! And He IS our God!! And---YOU CAN"T CHANGE THAT!!!!!
Amen! May these truths permeate all hearts so that we will believe without doubting that God is our Soveriegn Lord and about all rulers and authorities.
Thank you Beth for bringing us such comforting words. God is and always will remain on His throne!
Sandy
Great words! Amen!
I have been reminding myself that God is sovereign over all of these events, and whatever happens, His will WILL be done.
Thanks Beth...
(((Hugs)))
Adrienne
Thanks Beth. Very true indeed.
Kristen
Thank you, Beth, so much for your encouraging and uplifting words. I have had my eyes opened and my heart broken by so many hateful emails I have received over the past months from well-meaning friends who believe that only one candidate is the one Christians should choose. When all is said and done, presidents come and presidents go, but the King remains sovereign. We are citizens of America, but we are citizens of the High Country first and foremost!
I always get nervous knots when big elections roll around. I get so sweaty-palmed at the thought of how our next leader could effect us.
The scripture you posted was JUST the comfort I needed and the peace I needed to be reminded of. Thank you for that.
Let's ALL go do our civic duty today. It is an honor and privilage to vote in a free country.
Let's trust God with the result.
Thank you so much for this post. I prayed this morning on the way to work that God would reign and that I would remember that God is God and nothing can change that. Thank you for your obedience to post this.
I agree! And God's will shall be done! :)
GOD BLESS THIS GREAT COUNTRY.
Beth this was so my prayer and loving conviction last evening at our Small Group. We prayed purposely to ask God to stretch our minds and hearts to a place of peace and complete trust in HIM. Thank you for being His vessel of affirmation...He is SO ALIVE AND WELL with my soul!!!
We love you Beth, Amanda and Melissa ~ your names are called out daily here in our home to the One we know LOVES US BEST!!!
Hugs~
Susan
Thank you, Beth. Wise words indeed. I love that you titled your post Psalm 118:24; I woke up with that song/verse going through my mind, and always take those "songs in the night" as a sweet word from God for my day. I shared the verse with my husband and boys this morning, and have shared it with others to invite them to rejoice as well, no matter the outcome of this election. If Jesus could call His disciples to rejoice on the day He anticipated being mocked, beaten, and crucified, I can rejoice on a day our next president is chosen, no matter who that will be.
I also so appreciate your statement: "We will not fear." I have allowed fear to have mastery in my heart and mind and life far too long. Just the other day I read in 1 Peter 2:6 that as women, we are "Sarah's children" if we "do good and do not fear ANYTHING that is frightening." That is a tall order, but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. So I am choosing Him today; holding on to the spirit of daughtership and not the spirit of fear; and will rejoice and pray when tempted to worry. By His grace. Thank you again for your sweet service to us and your words of wisdom, strength, and encouragement. We love you! :)
Linda in MN
Amen!! Thank you Beth!!
Love,
Patty
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
Our God is an awesome God!
He is FAITHFUL!
He is the Lord of lords, and King of kings.
HE IS IN CONTROL and I'm so thankful, that we are not.
Love,
Yolanda
Amen!
Thank you!
Blessings
Michelle
What a blessing to read this today, thank you so much for the words of encouragment and wisdom.
Oh girls, if you're reading please pray. My husband has a ruptured disc in his back and is having an injection as we speak to hopefully ease some of the pain. Please pray that God would penetrate his mind with His promises of love and protection and bring ultimate comfort to his body as he endures this procedure.
What an awesome testimony of encouragment!
Thank you!
Prayers and blessings,
Rebecca
And God's people said? Amen!
I think perhaps America is about to have a taste of reality. May the kingdoms of this world become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ. Shalom
Just what this weary pilgrim needed to hear this day. Thank you for your voice on a day when mine is wavering between faith and the flesh.
peace~elaine
Thank you Beth for words of truth. We can find rest in His Word today even though we don't know the outcome of this election. To Him be the glory forever and ever.
I am glad this is election day is over, I don't think I could take any more. I know that the LORD has it all decided, and the election after this, should Jesus tarry. But I do find myself wanting to try to choose the best if I can, I wonder if my thirst for righteouness and obedience, dosen't want to pick the "right" person. What an amazment, to vote and know that these are interesting, mind-blowing times.
Blessings in HIM,
Molly
Praise God that His mercy endures forever. Very early this morning, I went outside here in south Mississippi, while it was yet dark and met with God of the universe. He impressed upon my heart some of the very things you spoke of. He reminded me that He has it all figured out, and that He will be exalted in the earth. I've struggled with fear over this election and the perilous things that seem to loom on the horizon. Thank God that does hold us firmly. He exhorted me to sing praises to Him and be thankful and to encourage others along the way. Love to you, Deidra
Thank you for your Biblical reminders on this very important day!
Praying for you!!
Thank you for sharing this timely Word. He is the Prince of Peace... and ultimately, the government is on His shoulders.
Phil.4:7 (Amplifiefd)
"And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
Amen, and Amen! I've been trying to teach my 7 y/o son about the political system, not just one man against another for a job. I thought I had done a good job; so, you can imagine my surprise when he informed his ENTIRE class at recess that anyone who voted for a particular candidate (yes, he used his name) would burn in Hell. So, then we had to go back to the Bible to see that voting preferences in the US does not lead to separation from God and eternal flames. I think I'll use these verses toady to continue to drive home this point.
Thanks,
Kim in Apex, NC
As Revelation 7:12 declares so perfectly,
saying:
"Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever.
Amen!"
Let us do this also to honor and glorify our Lord and Savior! Thank you Beth for these words of encouragement in this time for our country. All power and dominion belong to our God!
Amen, dear Beth. Our God Reigns!
Thank you for the encouragent this morning.
Mary
Thank you, Beth. I am going to pass this along to friends and family. The LORD will not be surprised by the outcome of this election, even if the rest of us are!
Thanks, Beth. I know there are many besides me who needed that encouragement as we anticipate the outcome of this election. Praise God, He is in control and He knows the end from the beginning. I am praying that both Presidential candidates who claim to be Christians will experience God in a powerful and amazing way through this election season and that good will overpower evil in our country.
Amen Dear Siesta,
God is God, our govt is not. Let us remain in Jesus and He will remain in us. Let us praise His Mighty Name!
Dearest Beth,
You just have no idea how much I needed to hear that! Thank you for the reminder of the Truth and the strong confidence we who know Him can walk in.
Love and blessings to you, dear sister,
Gretchen in Thousand Oaks, CA
Amen!
Lawan Rivera
Phil 4:8
Beth, I just voted and echo your thanks for living in a country where we have that privilege.
This morning I read this from Jeremiah 27:5: "With my great power and outstretched arm I made the earth and its people and the animals that are in it, and I will give it to anyone I please." It was a great reminder that God is in control, and we can rest in that knowledge regardless of who wins the election. So thankful we can trust Him!!
p.s. I love that verse in Deuteronomy, too!
Thank you Sister, I need this today. I am printing it and saving it in my Bible to remind me when i become discouraged with things happening around me in my part of the country. My God Reigns!!
I fasted and prayed all day yesterday and felt so encouraged! God is in control no matter what happens! But also, God kept reminding me that we can come BOLDLY to the throne! I have been making my requests known to God! He also gave me Psalm 34 which encouraged me more than I can say! I Praise Jesus no matter what happens!
Miss Beth...thank you so much for the encouragement and the reminders that God IS on the throne. Our trust is in Him. Period! Not if things work out according to the way I want them, not if I get what I asked for, not if I or my friend receive healing. But because He is God. PERIOD!
And BTW...I can hardly wait to recieve Esther!!
Love to you all...and yes I'll say it...Jackson is ADORABLE!
Judie in MN
Thank you for the reminder, Miss Beth. May He be glorified!
Dearest Beth,
Thanks for the encouragement today! It's just what I needed and could use this to help some weary friends.
You are such a wonderful servant and I praise God for you and your wonderful ministry!
May you be encouraged, too!
Beth I just had this exact conversation with my mom. The Lord will use who is put into office, We need to pray for them in Jesus name,
Liz Hinze
AMEN!! I was also led to Zeph 3 about the remnant this morning in prayer... I attended the Deeper Still Conference in June in Atlanta. The Messages there were ones that changed and echoed my heart even before i attended. Praise you Lord that You are still the I AM!! Let us take refuge in Every Word that cames from His mouth!
Holly in SC
Thank you Beth! Very timely words of encouragement- Our God is on His throne! And we praise Him!!!!
AMEN! Thank you so much for reminding us of THE TRUTH!!!!
What great reminders. I was especially touched that I am the elect and the Judge of all the earth does right! Praise His glorious name.
Makes me all the more eager to stand before His throne one day and cry HOLY, HOLY, HOLY!!!
Come quickly Lord Jesus!
Amen!
Thank you so very much! I am going to read this at my Bible Study tonight! I have had such anxiety over this election even though I KNOW that He holds this in His hands. Jesus being glorified is not circumstantial!!
Dear Beth,
What an encouraging word. Thank you :). I have been clinging to Daniel 2:21 since it is a memory verse in the study of Daniel I am currently in the middle of. What a beautiful and comforting verse. We can have peace knowing that God is sovereign and in complete control. What I agree with most is that we will not hate. Living for Jesus because He died for me.
Love you,
Dana
AMEN AND AMEN!!! Thank you for reminding us to put God FIRST in this election and not politics!!! We are truely a blessed people - He is faithful to accomplish that which He has begun according to His will.
BEBE
thank you Mrs. Beth for those oh so important PROMISES in God's word. I am in prayer continually today,
wendy
WOW - Love this focus and WORD that directs our eyes to almighty God. I have a great peace and hope that God is in charge and this puts it into words...thank you so much. I have shared this with many on my e-mail. I lead our ladies bible study and also have many from different 'views' so I always want to point upward not to the 'left or right' HA!!! LOVE you all...;0) Heather
Siesta Mama Beth,
Thank you so much for being such a willing vessel of God. Thank you for the encouragement. Thank you for your faithfulness and your service. You inspire me greatly in my walk with Jesus! I know many, many rewards await you in heaven.
I am so enamored and just pure smitten that I serve the One and Only True God and He loves me and calls me the apple of His eye. He is in complete control.
I was just telling my dad that it doesn't matter who wins the election b/c they are not in control - God is!! Praise His Name!!!
I love what you said about the best of circumstances is not always what is best for the bride of Christ.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for ministering to my heart today! I love you dearly!
I wish so badly I could print off this post and plaster it over every voting booth!
You have no clue as to the peace that reading this post just brought me. We are dealing with a great tragedy with some dear friends of ours. This world lost a true Proverbs 31 woman on Sunday and we have all been struggling with the reality of life. Her husband and brother have both been praising God for things that have happened since the tragedy and we have seen his hand at work.
These words brought me a great strength to stand on for this moment. Thank you so much.
Please be in prayer tomorrow for our dear friends as we give all glory to God for this precious life lost. She leaves behind an amazing husband and a newborn baby that are hiding in the cleft of the rock.
Paige
I just wanted to take a moment and say thank you very much, whether it be only for legal purposes or because of personal convictions on your parts, not to discuss partisan politics. I see the over politicization of the church in our part of the world as a serious detriment to the spreading of the gospel, and I am thankful that I can always count of Living Proof Ministries to be in the business of furthering the Kingdom, and not in the business of furthering partisan politics. Thank you so much and God Bless!
-Nicole
thank you for that. I am printing it to post on my desk. This morning I was be-moaning the state of affairs with a friend and we both quoted "he sets up kings and deposes them" from Daniel, which we did 2+ years ago (and memorized the passage as instructed).
I think we're going to need more encouragement like this in coming days...
AMEN!!
Beth, I just had to tell you that I had a dream about you the other night. It was pretty hilarious. You were mentoring me for ministry and I was traveling around with you to speaking engagements. (Ok, that's not funny, that's AWESOME) We shared rooms in every city and I kept telling people that I was "sleeping in the same room as Beth Moore!!"
I admire your surrender to the Lord, SO MUCH, Beth. God is refining me constantly for ministry and I so know how easily it could become about me. I am slowly realizing that it is a surrender that must happen minute by minute, not day by day. Most of the time I feel inadequate and wonder if I'll ever stop caring whether or not people think I'm smart. God has taken me so far from who I used to be so I know nothing is impossible!!
We'll be doing week 3 of Living Beyond Yourself tonight. It was a great reminder to "love my enemy" this week. I'm praying for faithful Christ followers in all sorts of leadership roles in our nation...especially those closest to our new President.
Thanks for loving us.
Erin
Thank you for the reminders!!
Amen!
Hi Beth,
As we always do, praising God for His work in you. He provides you with the right words to speak no matter how delicate the circimstances are. Your total trust, faith and complete submission to our Lord is so obvious. You are being so graciously and mightily used to keep Siestaville on track and focused on who really is large and in charge. No one, no one, but the Most High God.
Can't wait to be in Lit class tonight. No better place to be on election night than in the Word. Ahhh me. Love it. :o)
Love and blessings,
Christine Roskamp
Houston Siesta
Just what my heavy heart needed to be reminded of this election day morning. God is still on His throne, and I need to keep looking UP!
Thank you too for all the other comments.
"Friends may fail me, foes assail
me, He my strength,my victory wins!"
Donna
Beth,
Thank you so much for that blog post and for always encouraging me to trust Him. I'm so thankful for you and your ministry :)
Have a wonderful day, Beth!
Hugs,
Kate :)
Amen and Amen...to this post and Yahoojah! to that Deut. passage! One of my favorites! :)
Blessings,
stephanie
No love is higher,
No love is wider,
No love is deeper,
No love is truer!
We have His love.
We have EVERYTHING!
Yes ma'am! Amen!
All I can say after reading that is HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the Word!
Kim
Beth,
One of my morning devotionals this year is a devotional by you...Praying God's Word Day by Day.
Words from the November 4th reading resonated...
I pray to You, O Lord, in the time of your favor; in Your great love O God, answer me with Your sure salvation.
Resucue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters. Do not let the floodwaters engulf me or the depths swallow me up or the pit close its mouth over me.
Answer me, O Lord, out of the goodness of Your love; in Your great mercy turn to me. Do not hide Your face from Your servant; answser me quickly, for I am in trouble. (Psalm 69:13-17)
According to Your Word, in this world I will have trouble, but I am to take heart! You have overcome the world! (John 16:33)
AMEN!!! I think so many need to know that God is in control of this, and that He already knows the outcome of this election and the days to follow. Thank you for being such a faithful servant.
Oh, Thank you for this!!!
Amen! And Thank-you, Beth.
Melana in Wyoming
Beth -
Oh, God bless you for your precious words from the Lord. I am hanging onto one of my favorites - Ps. 91 (the entirety)- If you make the Most High your dwelling -- even the Lord, who is my refuge -- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent....
This election is not about either candidate, but that the Lord Jesus Christ still rules and reigns and is glorified.
Love you so much, Beth! Susan
Thanks so much for the much needed words of encouragement today. I needed that more than you realize. I have been nervous about this day and just need to remember that God is in control. Praise the Lord, He is still on the Throne! I have spent much time in a prayerful attitude today even though I am at work.
Thank you for your obedience to Christ and your love for us.
Beth Herring
So well put, Beth. Thank you for those reminders. May God be glorified in this nation.
Thank you for the wonderful scripture that you used in this post. These ears needed to hear a fresh Word today!!!!!! God is good, ALL the TIME!
Exactly what I needed to read. Thank you!
And, AMEN!
Thanks for those remiders!
Truth! Truth!
Thanks!
Blessings & Love....
Beth,
Amen sister! You are so right and thank you..
Thank you so much Beth! I have a large group of women in my SS class and we email each other prayer requests and encouragements all week. I was looking for something to say to them this morning about the elections and sent them a couple of thoughts along with the verse about how God sets up kings and deposes them. Then, I got your blog and it said exactly what I was trying to say. So I sent that to them too! Isn't it wonderful that God is IN CONTROL! Thank you for your ministry!
We know who is in control, our sovereign, most holy, perfect, almighty God!
This was just wonderful.
I work with a variety of races, cultures and economic levels in my job. Many people are prayerfully voting Democratic and many are prayerfully voting Republican. There are some wonderful people of faith on both sides.
God Bless America. And God bless sweet Beth, her family and all of the Siestas.
As I was working out this morning, I was praying. And God in His infinite wisdom in a moment of desperate prayer saw fit to have the song "Let God Arise" play next. My children and I are in CBS and my daughter keeps singing her memory verse......Matthew 28:20I will be with you always.
As I watch the news I pray. I hold tight to the Barlow Girl song "Never Alone". He is sovereign over the outcome and I find peaceful rest knowing that the outcome has been ordained. He is in control.....always has been and always will be......regardless of how it may look to others.
I do not fear for me, I fear for those I love that are not saved. And so I pray some more.
May our anthem become "Hear Us From Heaven" in this hour of intense prayer. May our hearts resonate that He is not only the "God of Our City" but the God of our country. And may we always be fixated that this is "For the Glory of It All".
Amen! Well said...
Thankful with you. Thankful for you, too! There is nothing like His Word to turn a grey sky into blue.
I read "Streams in the Desert" this morning and thought of you, Beth. I thank God for how He has used you, Siesta Mama!
I am praying for the Breaking Free taping and for each one present.
BTW, it was so much fun to participate in this week's "Stepping Up" and recognize some siestas on the video!! When Travis sang "Forevermore" I cannot help but think of Melissa at her wedding and want to stand with her in Praising Him, saying YES! Yet, I held back, so as not to terrify the 50 women watching the video :)
I am prasing God today because He loves us and lets us rest between His shoulders.
Amen!
Thank you for your ministry!!
It's all very exciting and breath taking... To wait and see what God will do. We know ultimately what He will do, so I guess I mean how He will do it, and what part we get to play!
Thank you Beth for the sweet words of encouragement and assurance. How does the old song go? "Blessed assurance Jesus is mine, oh what a fore taste, glory defined"...? As long as I know He's mine, that's all I need.
Love you
Judy
Amen and Yahoojah!!
Love the scripture out of
Daniel. I memorized that passage when I took your study on Daniel, Beth. I have to say, I recite it almost on a daily basis for one reason or another. I am truly at peace whatever the result of this election. Praise be the name of God forever, and ever!
Amen Siesta Mama! Watched the video from Living Beyond Yourself. Subject "A Through Faith". Faith in the faithfulness of our Mighty God Who never leaves us nor forsakes us. Thank you for your timely words to us in whatever setting God uses you in. In Jesus' Love Kathy Knoblock
Thank you for those wonderful words. Amen!
You are a comfort Beth. Here is a verse from my bible study earlier.
Titus 3:1-2, NLT, Remind the believers to yield to the authority of rulers and government leaders, to obey them, to be ready to do good,to speak no evil about anyone, to live in peace, and to be gentle and polite to all people.
God has blessed us greatly with your ministry.
Thank you, Beth.
Last week, our daughter prayed:
...and make whoever gets elected a GOOD President."
Amen!
WhoooHooo!! Amen and Amen!! Our God is a great God and we have no reason to fear!! He will work everything out and that is so encouraging!! Your words are excellent....but after all they are God's words ...right???
Thank you Mama Beth!!!
Blessings,
Bible Bunny in NO MI
Amen! Thank you so much Beth! I will be forwarding this to my family and friends as a reminder.
Your ministry means so much to me. Thank you for being such a faithful servant of our Christ!
Love you!!
Amen!!!!!!
and Thank you for those words
Becky
Attalla, AL
Amen. Thank you Dear Beth for this TRUTH. Living in the Kingdom NOW & for all eternity...
Cindy
I have been listening to your Daniel seriesin my car for months... just playing the chapters over and over. Today (coincidentally) you were discussing Daniel 10(?) and the "wild" things that are going on in the heavenlies, and the ministering angels for elected officials. May God's "heavenlies" do some "wild" things tonight!
I think it's so awesome to receive this reminder. We all have our own favorite for who we think would be best, but to realize that "God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts and ways are higher than our ways" should give us all a "peace that passes understanding".
I'm personally looking forward to tomorrow when I can begin praying for the one He has chosen. Isn't it awesome to realize that no matter who it is, we are not without hope. Both candidates are only men and God is able to lift up either one of them and use them for His glory. Amen?
Amen to that! I spent last night at a prayer service here in the Seattle area. Went in a bit on the upset side, came out in victory, Praise Jesus. I agree with you 100%! Thank you!
Lisa in Kirkland, WA
I am a political junkie, and have worked for one of the campaigns...I have to admit, I have been anxious for something...My daughter reminded me to find my coping mechanism if things do not go well with the results of this election. Thank you for taking me to the verses that will help me cope! He is in control, and my prayer will be for His peace regardless of the outcome. Thank you for the reminder.
Good bless you for sharing this with everyone. The truth of the word brings peace.
Thanks so much for that, Beth, and Amen! :)
Man, I was hunting all over for that verse in Daniel to put on my blog today! I couldn't for the life of me remember where it was. So I had to paraphrase. But, I'll know now for in the future. :)
Wow, I really am God's elect. I've never thought of it that way before. I love it!
Blessings,
Kelli
Thank you! We all need to be reminded of that today.
wow! What an amazing way to put it. I've been thinking about that a lot.. and your words are perfect comfort for me and for all of us that just want God's will.. no matter what the outcome, he will always take care of us and it all works out. We have the victory in the end.
He is still on the throne and there is no threat of Him ever being dethroned, never!!! Thank you for the reminder of what we should be thankful of today...
Nicole
SC
Bless you Beth - all praise to God for His words of encouragement through you! As I've been crying out to Him and reminding Him that even though we deserve judgment - He is a God who delights to show mercy so I beg for mercy on our stiff necked nation who are like sheep without a Shepherd who have gone astray. Yet I know without a doubt that He reigns with Wisdom, Power and Love - he truly is an AWESOME GOD and come what may, He is Faithful to work all things for our good!
You are a tremendous blessing. I am in the Breaking Free BS right now, and it has been an enormous help. This is my second time, and I actually believe I a starting to break free, praise the Lord!
AMEN Siesta! Amen.
AMEN!!!
Thank you!
Victoria
Aaaaaaaaamen!!
~melody~
Thank you for reminding us that God has a plan, is in control, sees the "big picture" and calls us as followers of Christ to respect those He has put in authority.
Man, did I ever need that.
Thank you,
JoAnne
Thank you for writing this. Everyone around me is so concerned about this election and I have been looking for some verses to speak Truth to me about this time...
Also, did you hear the story about the pastor who said that God told Him to tell Sarah Palin that God was going to use her to be the next Esther, and in a wild chain of events was able to tell her himself? I don't know if its true or not...just thought I would mention it though.
I love you!
Thank you so much Beth for these words. I have been making myself physically sick with the worry and stress over today's election. You have brought it all back in to perspective for me. God is in control and He has a plan. Who am I to think I know what's better than our Lord Almighty. I really needed to hear this reassurance.
Amen and I voted and the Lord is in charge! God Bless you all.
GOD is still in control! I remind myself of this when things are going badly or just roughly. He alone knows what the future holds.
Thank you to President Bush for being such a faithful president and a man of integrity standing by his faith and on his faith....I love this man and have so much respect for him and Laura!!
Thank you. Just what I needed to hear today.
Thank you to the Canadian siesta who is praying for the US. How awesome to have that kind of support! God bless you!
Good word, we all need to remember and be thankful for all the things we have here in this country.
God is in control
luv ya...Cindy
the last thing my preacher said sunday morning before he prayed and dismissed us
"no matter who is elected president, no matter who is the next VP, no matter who sits in the county commissioners office or the supreme court as a judge, when we wake up on wednesday, God is still King."
what peace HE brings..thank you Jesus.
Thank you so much. I needed this tonight. My soul seems tired and sad...
Beth,
Thank you so much! Amen and Amen!
Love,
Dianne
Beth,
thank you for putting in words what my spirit has been praying all day long and for reminding us not to fear...we serve the sovereign God of all things! May he be glorified, and may we be found faithful at his coming!
Amen, Amen! Thanks Beth for those encouraging words.
Our church is half through the study of "Stepping Up". At the end of our Bible study we had a time of prayer for our election. The scripture that was prayed over this election was Psalam 125. Very powerful.
Blessings,
Devonne, ID
This is the peace I've been resting in the last few days.
Thank you for voicing it so eloquently.
much love,
Lavonda
Just what this soul needed today! Thank you for reminding us of SO much! Our God is good - ALWAYS!
Good Stuff! Amen!
Thank you for the reminders of the promises.
Also thanks for the post from vicki for Titus 3:1-2.
Amen and Amen
Lauri
Love your choice of scriptures. His word brings peace, hope and security. Thank you, Beth.
Beth: You always have a timely word in season.
I love this verse from Proverbs 28:2 (Amplified)
When a land transgresses, it has many rulers, but when the ruler is a man of discernment, understanding, and knowledge, its stability will long continue.
God Bless You,
Much love,
Georgia Jan
Amen!
Thank you so much for this--it is exactly what we all need today.
:)
marnie
Amen!
Thank you so much for this--it is exactly what we all need today.
:)
marnie
As I was leaving my voting place today, I just started to cry a bit in my car. Now, how many people on the planet can say - they get to do that? Vote. I just felt so privileged, so humbled, so thankful. I'm a teacher so tonight I'll be coloring the states red and blue with my own children (my students are doing it for homework). In my heart, though, I'll be rejoicing that while a new man takes the White House, God is still the incumbent and permanent ONE on the throne. Love you, Beth Moore. You keep it coming.
Paige in Alabama
Man, I was hunting all over for that verse in Daniel to put on my blog
today! I couldn't for the life of me remember where it was. So I had to
paraphrase. But, I'll know now for in the future. :)
amen sister!!! thank you for the reminders!!! I sit and wait... still praying!!!
Love all, Leigh
Thank you Beth. It was just what I needed to "hear".
GOD is Sovereign. No matter what comes after seeing the results being decided this night....GOD is still in control.
No matter that this chemo makes me sick and nothing I planned for "GOD" is working - HE ALONE is Sovereign and HE knows what HE plans and that stands above all else.
HE is my all.
Love and Prayers to all of you and our Siestas',
Teri
Amen, Beth! You are and have been a great mentor to me. Thanks for sharing the Truth regarding the election today. Love, joy and peace, Dana <><
I needed to hear that tonight. Thank you, my Siesta mama. :)
I am so blessed to know you personally through this blog. You are the Real Deal! (I still can't say that without thinking "Hollifield!")Imperfect but that's why we love you, and you NEVER cease wanting God to change you, speak to you, and empty you. You set the bar high but not to perfection...just high enough that we remember God is a big God, and greatly to be praised.
This brought me great comfort tonight
Thanks you Momma Beth for not leaving us out in the cold on this sensitive subject. You encourage this Momma's heart. I love you faithful servant.
It's been an amazing day actually. I found myself in desperate need for Him at 1:30 this morning (am I still awake or am I sleep typing!?) - I was listening to a lot of noise. I think He needed me to be still. I am much better...see my later blog entry...my 3 a.m. blog was NOT pretty...just pretty raw. Praise God, He is Sovereign. Thank you for being used for my encouragement. Sorry if all this sounds a bit selfish, but He has been very busy with me today. I needed Him, and He showed up BIG TIME!
Amen Siesta!
Love you!
Amen and Amen !!!
I am excited to have seen so many people out there voting here today. Praise God!
May God's will be done in all of these elections.
In Christ's Love,
Jennifer O.
Southern Wisconsin
Amen, Beth!! Thank you for this inspiring word. I was going to post something like this on my blog, but I decided to check your's first. I hope you don't mind that I am just going to link to your's, because you said SO MUCH BETTER than I would have. ;-)
Bless you.
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I was so hoping that there would be a word from you today. I will be reading this daily for quite a while.
Faith
Thank you. I need to read and reread these. I'm just sick over the outcome right now.
Amen! I've been reminding myself, and others, all day, no matter what the outcome, God is always in control. He reigns. We have to remember to get on and stay on our faces, praising Him.
Keep shining His light!
Big hugs!
Becca in La.
Posted that last comment and then I remembered this. A friend e-mailed it to me. We just have to remember...
1. The Bible will still have the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost who come to Him.
Becca in La. :)
Amen, Miss Beth! Thank you for all this scripture reminder!
Lindsee
I have not been here for some time, life has become so busy and it seems as though all things are changing regardless of how tightly we hold on to them.
As I thought about the election today, your blog came to mind several times and I reminded myself I wanted to visit to see what your thoughts were. I was comforted that our thoughts were so aligned and yes, God IS faithful and He has us firmly in His hand, regardless of the outcome.
I am glad I visited here today. Thank you for your endless encouragement and wise counsel.
I read this email after finding out that Obama was elected president and boy did I need those words of encouragement. God is definitely in control and we are safe and secure, hidden in his wings. We will be okay. Again, thanks for the beautiful words!
Sylvia
Beth, since the election is over...and I have a heavy heavy heart at how it transpired...I posted your comments on my blog. God is in control and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
Thank you Beth. I so needed to read and receive that today. Hope that you don't mind but I placed what you said on my blog - giving you credit.
Beautifully said, Beth. Thank you for the encouragement.
I am praying now, as much as ever and praying to that whatever happens in the next four years that God's glory would shine through as His Will is accomplished for this nation and this world.
May the redeemed of the Lord say so... Tonight I am grateful that though I had hoped for a different outcome, I honor the fact that Barack Obama has won the office of President and I offer him my prayers and my respect.
Blessings dear friend, teacher. Thank You.
Thank God that no matter what happens in our country, He is still in control...that is the 1 thing I must hang on to in the coming days...
I pray so hard that God will make our new President into a good man who will lead our country into a good way...SOMEHOW.
With God, ALL things are possible. They are. I have seen it.
I got to spend the evening with my husband as we celebrated 13 years of marriage. I would vote for him again in a second!
I find comfort in knowing that our God is in control and He was not sitting in heaven watching the news waiting with baited breath to see which states went red or blue.
Thank you for the encouragement, Beth!
Oh Beth, I pray to the most high God to still my heart, my frightened heart, and that I listen to His small voice and not my human thoughts... He is our shield and protector...
I just heard the results and must say I was very saddened as I shut off my TV. This was very timely for me. God showed Himself mightily to me in your words. His light is always at the end of the tunnel. Thank you siesta for being such a mighty servant. Love you. Lori
Thank you! I really needed to read that and remember God is always in control. Thanks again. This is my first time to leave a comment. I love your blog and all you are doing for the Lord. I always watch you on Wednesdays with James and Betty Robison. Kathie
Two kinds of people in this world and it's not Democrats and Republicans. It's those who trust God and those who do not. We put our trust in Him as this night falls and put our hands to the plow some with tears rolling down carrying heavy burdens but all together being redeemed. You so stir me up!
Thank you for the reminder, Beth! It's so tempting to get in the mud tonight, but I'm "Stepping Up!" God bless America - In GOD we trust!
Thank you sweet servant. I will be leaning on the truth of these verses too. My worrying revealed my lack of faith in His goodness and character. I have nothing to fear... He is God alone...there is none like Him. He alone is my hope and my peace comes from Him. Praise be to the One and Only, my Savior and my Rock!
Ammen Beth!
Amen and thank you!
Kristen
Thank you so much for the encouragement Beth. I was a little upset at my husband yesterday, who called me from Iraq. Satan tried to interfer and I was reminded that GOD is in control. I just thank you for always saying the right thing I know whenever I need to hear them. You are such a blessing to me. God Bless, Mary Anne from Colorado Springs
Thank you for those words, Beth. We will need to be diligent about praying for our pastors- especially if the Fairness Doctrine is made law- our pulpits must continue to be places where salvation is declared, that the Son of God is proclaimed and where sin is defined for a world that has become numb to it. More than ever before, they will be on the front lines- pray for pastors and their families.
I woke up with such a feeling of dread and fear. Your words ministered to me in an amazing way! Praise God for His faithfulness!
Thank you for these reminders. I have been burdened latley with the thought that we should all be mindful that God is calling us to make HIS name famous during this time. Now that we know the result (I am posting on the "day after"...)I feel more strongly than ever that we should take advantage of the freedoms we do have and procalim the strong name of Jesus and make sure that others know to put their trust in Him and not in any man. I am amazed at the peace God gave me alst night before I went to bed and didn't know the result. Our God is Sovereign
Thanks for the much needed encouragement Beth.
Blessings.
Thank you so much for the post! It was timed perfectly and well received on this tender heart. Our God is Awesome!!!!
Love you Beth.
Lichelle
Amen!!!
Nobody says things the way you do Beth. Thank you for this wonderful reminder of who we are as Americans and followers of Christ. I plan to pass these words of wisdom and encouragment on to many who may be less than excited about the choices our country has made lately.
Blessings,
Isaac's Mom
We just finished up "Believing God" yesterday (election day)...which was perfect for our group. And I am so thankful that I have that ringing fresh in my heart.
And thank-you so much for your words of encouragement and reminders. God kept reminding me last night that no matter the outcome...HE is still on the throne. HALLELUJAH!!!!
I'm reading for the first time yesterday's blog...the morning after. Beth's words are so pertinent today. I needed them...our country needs them. We need Him and we need to love (agapao) our new leader.
Spiritual Mom Beth, good to hear from you, this word of encouragement has blessed me this morning. The scriptures are very comforting...He is in complete control, and nothing can snatch us out of His hand...yes, purifying fires have a way of taking out the dross and impurities of our lives...walking in grace and truth, yes, that's where the balance is, isn't it? The Truth of His Word, and the enabling Grace to obey it...Yes, we need to be filled with the Spirit, and that filling should not produce fear, doubt, or hate. Amen, we can rest secure in Him.
I finished Day 3 of Wk 5 of A Woman's Heart today, and what you said about the Holy Spirit and the lampstand was timely and profound to me this morning also. We are the light of the world (Mat. 5:14)-Lord, help us to shine brightly. Only in You, Lord, only in You; for Your glory. Have a blessed day Spiritual Mom Beth and sorry for the long post:)
katiegfromtennessee
Psalm 119:145-146 (AMP)
"I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O Lord; I will keep Your statutes [I will hear, receive, love, and obey them]. I cried to You; save me, that I may keep Your testimonies [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]."
May we as The Church unite and look to the King of Kings, who is the one who puts men into power and takes them out. We truly need to be united as one and pray and seek His face. Psalm 75:6-7
Thank you Beth- I needed this 1st thing this morning to set my attitude better.
This is a time in which believers need much encouragement! Thank you, Sweet Beth!
Beth, thanks so much for the reminder that my God has elected me! I have to admit I was disappointed in the outcome of the election, but now WOW! I will pray for our new president and his lovely family that God who holds the heart of the king in His hand would draw him to Himself and guide and direct his footsteps. PRAISE JESUS! This world is not my home. I am a citizen of heaven.
In Him Alone,
Renee
NC mom of four (23, 19, 13 and 9)
Beth- Thank you for your words of encouragment. Fear has gripped me since I heard the election results. Also, discouragement because I prayed and fasted so hard for a different outcome. Thank you for reminding me that God is control and that He will use this so His name will be glorfied and the hearts of His people will return to Him. You are a woman of integrity and truth. Keep up it up!
Oh, you put it so beautifully. Everyone around me was so stressed. They were sure if a certain person became president they were goijg to destroy this country and we were all going to die. Well, they didn't say that last part but they sure acted like it and they couldn't believe I was so calm, but all those things that you said are exactly why I wasn't upset. I calmly drove myself to the polls (Yay!!) and voted for who I thought best and left the rest completely up to God. After all what else can we do?
Post a Comment
<< Home