Friday, December 29, 2006

Just Want to Say...

That I surely do love you. I count it an unspeakable privilege to serve you, to laugh with you, to cry with you, and, more than anything else on earth, to chase after Jesus with you. He makes life worth living. Let's persevere, Sweet Ones.
- Beth

Labels:

13 Comments:

At December 29, 2006 at 9:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too. You are the most amazing woman and the funniest person I have ever seen. I love how you share just about anything with us and how you make each of us feel like we are your very best friend. We can share anything with you and we feel safe to do so. I thank God for you every day and pray for you and your family every morning. God has used you to put a passion and desire for His Word and prayer in my heart. I love walking and chasing Jesus with you. I can't think of anyone else I would rather be in the Word with other than you and the thousands of my sweet sisters in Christ that attend your conferences and my special small group who do your Bible Studies. Your conferences are like being in your home laughing and crying and of course having a Starbucks! Only God could bring that kind of fellowship. I pray God's blessings on you and your family. You are dear to my heart and I praise God for you!
Love,
Patty

 
At December 29, 2006 at 9:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you, too, sweet Beth. Years ago, a woman in our Bible study group said something about "study with the sisters" but we all heard her say "STEADY with the sisters". It stuck, and we would refer to that phrase often. Oh, the depth of our friendships centered around Christ! I count it a priviledge to hang steady with you, sister.
Cathy

 
At December 29, 2006 at 10:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto!

 
At December 30, 2006 at 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's mutual, Beth.
-Elaine in TX

 
At December 30, 2006 at 5:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too, and I'm loving the blog! Please keep it up. May God bless you and your staff for your faithful ministering to others.

 
At January 1, 2007 at 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth and Amanda, its comforting when you talk about being crazy. "Did not our hearts burn with in us" has taken on new meaning for me especially in this world filled with eros. It is not something that you can explain. Looking forward to being at the conference in Detroit Feb.

 
At January 1, 2007 at 11:13 AM , Blogger debra parker said...

chasing after Jesus...I love it and I love Him!

Thank you for sharing.

Debra

 
At January 2, 2007 at 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love ya too!!! I have learned so much from you. I cant wait to see whats next!

 
At January 3, 2007 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Chris said...

How exciting is *this*! I just got the internet at my house about a month ago, so I've never been able to look around on the net before. Imagine my delight when I googled your name, Beth, and found this page. I am getting ready to start leading the Daniel series at my church; I've been taking a break from any leadership involvement at my church because I just had my third baby in three years.
I was beginning to feel like maybe I wasn't ready to step up and teach yet...wondering if maybe God was done using me in that area, but the response from the ladies in my group was overwhelming--"we're ready for some more Beth Moore!" I was also overjoyed that several new ladies(mostly girls close to graduating high school) have expressed excitment in this study, as I think the message is crucial at their stage of life.
I wanted to share something with you. When I was in the hospital with my third baby(on Labor Day, can you believe it?), I was feeling lonely on my last morning there. My husband had the day off, but he was home with my other two children(all of a sudden understanding firsthand why I feel like pulling my hair out some days). So as I sat eating a solitary breakfast, I thought "oh what the hey, maybe there's actually something good on TV...on a Wednesday morning...at 7:30...hmmmm. I hope." I started flipping optimistically through the channels, when lo! it's Beth Moore! No one had told me that Beth Moore was ever on TV! I now had a breakfast companion. The lesson was on Mary and Martha, and while it was familiar material, I was so pleased to see a familiar face that you could have been talking about anything--and I know how varied your subjects can be.
When the nurse came in to check on me, I tried to share my excitement, but she had never heard of you, so she just looked at me blankly. "So...she's a preacher?" "Well, no, she teaches Bible studies and while she says "amen" as much as the next preacher, it's not quite the same thing." She still looked blank. Oh well. I gave up and called my mom, who has also been through a couple of your studies, and she thoroughly understood.
My point? Just another thank you for so extensively pursuing what God had called you to do. My morning would have remained pretty bleak if not for you, as would my understanding of Old Testament Scripture.
Keep up the good work!

Chris Floyd
Kokomo, IN

 
At January 12, 2007 at 1:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, a belated thanks: When I first read your "affection" back when you posted it, I was reminded by how earlier in the day, the words & tune of the comforting hymn, "And life is worth the living, just because He lives" resonated deeply in me and encouraged me. (I think it was His Spirit!) So reading your blog just confirmed what I believe God was trying to tell me earlier.

Btw, I'm so glad you've joined blog-land! God's sure given you a gift with words and even more, a contagious love for Him.

 
At February 28, 2007 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Dionna said...

I love you too. I go to your sweet friend Becky Love's church in Idaho. Got to see you in Utah in October. I'm on your prayer team and try not to miss a "Wednesday with Beth" on the Robison's show.
God has truly used you to stretch a faith that I thought was already solid. But now my faith is excited too! :)
Thank you so much.

 
At March 22, 2007 at 10:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here it is in March and I thought that I would read some of your first entries on your blog. And I must say that I love you too Beth. I love to listen to you talk about your love for the Word and your love for Jesus. It inspires me to get in the Word more and walk more closely with Jesus. I guess I'm a wannabe. (I'm referring to one of your daughters at the dining room table that morning that you went grocery shopping). I love all your stories and they echo in my brain. Yesterday when I was walking my dogs I caught myself calling to the ducks - You're in the puddle!! I must have heard you say that 3 years ago. But it reminded me to choose to live in the beautiful pond and not settle for the puddle. Thank you Beth for obeying God so that I could benefit from your teachings even though we've never met. And thank you for sharing so much of your life over the years. I feel like I have a friend in you. Love, Su from CO P.S. My two daughters and my 6 week old grandson and I are looking forward to driving to Albequerque in April. Can't wait.

 
At September 5, 2007 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

How about that - I sure do you love you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home